Masterchef Australia – Wrap Up – Links To Interviews And Articles

With so much Masterchef news today here are some links to interviews and articles on the final three. I will keep on posting up links. I have been looking for an interview with Audra but have not managed to. If you find anything that is interesting to you please post it in the comment section:

Interview with Julia on Popsugar.

Live or Love Blog with Andy on the Daily Telegraph

Masterchef Australia wins in the ratings on SMH.

Interview with Ben on Popsugar.

The official Masterchef Facebook page is going nuts as well not sure how anybody keeps track of the conversation there.

Interview with Andy on Popsugar and he reveals there are no Mexican restaurants in Newcastle.

TV Tonight has a good interview with Andy talking about the media bubble. He also reveals the publisher will probably decide what the cookbook should be about.

1 Chunks { 07.26.12 at 1:27 pm }

From Andy’s live blog at the Terrorgraph:

11:38 [Comment From Elissa Elissa: ]
Yeah the black book is a bonus!! Is there a kitchen you would love to work in the most?
Thursday July 26, 2012 11:38 Elissa
11:39 The Ledbury in London Elissa. Its run by an Aussie

I would walk across broken glass to eat at The Ledbury again. If that’s where he found his inspiration, then it’s little wonder he made such a huge leaps towards the end and went on to win.

2 Dunbi { 07.26.12 at 2:17 pm }

Re Julia’s interview: What a shame they didn’t show the banter between George and the contestants in the Italian kitchen. It’s the sort of thing I think we all would have enjoyed seeing and it might have taken away some of the ill feeling (on my part anyway) towards George’s treatment of Julia.

3 Ari { 07.26.12 at 3:17 pm }

I admire what Julia has said about her critics. She did not defend herself, but she just accepted it and said that she would like for people to change their opinion of her personally.

4 A.P { 07.26.12 at 3:20 pm }

RR, I’ve had a look at the smh website a few times and some people there have asked if there are other good recaps around. I couldn’t resist trying to get on there to tell them to have a look at Reality Ravings. However my comments are rejected as SMH don’t seem to want to publicize your blog. I find this strange as you often mention other sites on here for other people to have a look at so why don’t they do the same? You could probably have a lot of new readers here if they knew about it.

5 Q { 07.26.12 at 7:56 pm }

does anyone know if any s4 contestants have twitter accounts yet (that are worth following)? thanks..

6 Ari { 07.26.12 at 8:18 pm }

Q here are a few:
JULIA → @julia_bakes
BEN → @ben_milbourne
WADE → @twobigbrows
KYLIE → @kyliejmillar
EMMA → @emma_osh
ALICE → @aliceinframes
KEVIN → @bigkevau
AMINA → @aminaelshafei
TREGAN → @treganborg
MARIO → @mario_mohorko

Watch out for the fake lurking around posing as Andy which is @iamandyallen. Really feel bad for the fangirls who thought he actually followed them hahaha.

Best one’s are probably Julia, Ben & Alice. But especially Alice.

If there any others than I would love to know.
Best all-round MasterChef tweeter in my opinion is always Adam Liaw (@adamliaw). He has the BEST livetweets.

7 Reality Raver { 07.26.12 at 8:19 pm }

Q – I will just watch All-stars and do the recap then I will put the links on this thread to their twitter accounts.

8 Reality Raver { 07.26.12 at 8:20 pm }

Ari – awesome saves me finding them thank you.

9 Ari { 07.26.12 at 8:29 pm }

No problemo. :)

10 Paul { 07.26.12 at 8:41 pm }

Thanks Ari.

Great work.

11 Q { 07.26.12 at 8:57 pm }

thanks ari, yes i agree adam is prob the best one from previous seasons
and thanks RR for the awesome recaps

12 Georgie { 07.26.12 at 9:06 pm }

Isn’t it great that Wade and Alice can make fun of their appearance too, in their choice of Twitter ID. They obviously don’t take themselves too seriously.

13 nibehlung { 07.27.12 at 8:20 pm }

Some more Twitter address:

BEAU – @beaucookie84
AUDRA – @AudraMorrice
MINDY – @MindyWoodsMC
LYDIA – @LydiaGuerrini

Beau is pretty funny. I also find it amusing that not only him but a few other contestants think that the fake Andy twitter actually belongs to him.

14 Reality Raver { 07.27.12 at 8:49 pm }

A.P thanks for trying to promote me much appreciated. I suspect they don’t allow links in comments.
Nibehlung – thanks for that. Hilarious about the others not realising about the fake accounts.

15 Ari { 07.28.12 at 7:47 pm }

Nibehlung beat me to it! Haha. But I have a few more:
KATH → @crabbymckath
SAM → @samdjnr

Yeah I thought it was funny that they thought that that Andy account was legit. HOWEVER I’m glad it is a fake because of the 11 year old fangirls continuously bombarding him with requests to follow back or other fangirls trying to flirt with him. I’m going to say it again. I’m glad it was a fake. Imagine the chaos when he DOES make one. I’ll probably be too embarrassed. #secondhandembarrassment

16 nibehlung { 07.28.12 at 9:43 pm }

I don’t know how some of them deal with the attention honestly. I’d be horrified if random people start asking me to tweet them back or follow them. It kind of put the contestants in a precarious position of balancing the act of making the fans happy and keeping their personal life private. I can’t imagine how awkward it’s been for them but kudos to them for handling it quite well so far.

From the Twiter, it’s also obvious that many of the contestants were not portrayed as accurately as possible by the show. Many of them turn out to have amazing sense of humor, which did not come across at all in the show (although we did get flashes of Beau’s joking nature). And I agree when one of them said that obviously with the show focusing so much in the kitchen where there were so much stress, there wasn’t much to see from the contestants except their game face.

17 Ari { 07.29.12 at 10:30 pm }

Andy has one now:
ANDY → @andyallen444

He obviously loves the number 4.

@Nibehlung – It’s interesting too how they sort of interact. Clearly there were a few cliques in the house.

But seriously the contestants have cute convos. Just for example:
BEAU – “They might get deb back to do pork and fennel ones hahaha!!!!”
CALLUM – “She might even leave out the pork…”
KYLIE – “Especially after her last pork encounter…..”
ALICE – “Suckling fig & fennel would be more likely…”
EMMA – “With goats cheese and walnut salad!”

I liked Deb but I laughed.

18 venezuela { 10.15.12 at 2:25 am }

Hey there just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your article
seem to be running off the screen in Ie. I’m not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I thought I’d post to let
you know. The layout look great though! Hope you get the issue
solved soon. Thanks

19 Suede Wrap Necklace Splash Mexico { 11.24.12 at 1:30 pm }

[…] Masterchef Australia – Wrap Up – Links To Interviews And Articles … Masterchef Australia – Wrap Up – Links To Interviews And Articles. by Reality Raver. With so much . of the conversation there. Interview with Andy on Popsugar and he reveals there are no Mexican restaurants in Newcastle. […]

20 Organic Personal Lubricant { 09.18.13 at 2:29 am }

If you want to obtain much from this piece of writing then you have to apply such
strategies to your won webpage.