I Will Survive – To Commence on August 22 At 7pm on Network TEN

The reality show I Will Survive will kick off  on Wednesday, August 22 on Network TEN at 7.00pm.

The show hosted by Hugh Sheridan is the search for Australia’s ultimate singer, dancer and actor. Actually let me clarify that it is looking for the best MALE singer, dancer and actor. The musical that they have chosen as the theme is Priscilla Queen of the Dessert.

The show also travels through the Australian outback recreating the original journey of  Priscilla Queen of the Dessert.

The two main judges are Stephan Elliott, who looks like he is going to be good reality talent, and Jason Donovan who is a veteran of this genre.

Each week a female guest judge joins them to balance out the all male cast. These have included Rachael Taylor, Toni Collette, Asher Keddie,  Kelly Rowland, and Rachel Griffiths.

Twelve Aussie blokes will be competing for the first prize is $250,000 plus a month in New York City. For some reason the publicity for the show is all about how blokey the guys are. They are filmed driving trucks, kicking footballs, and working in mines. Seriously who cares as long as they can sing, dance and act I don’t care if they are butch or not. Also it is Priscilla Queen of the Desert if they wanted to make it macho maybe a different musical should have been selected. If the talent is there the people will watch.

If you want to know who the top twelve guys are go here.

I Will Survive: 7pm Wednesdays and Thursdays from August 22, on TEN.
Follow Us on Twitter @IWillSurviveAU or follow  Facebook.com/IWillSurviveAU

1 Daze { 07.30.12 at 1:30 pm }

This show will be really queen-bitchy and I think it will be fun to watch and funny!

2 Sioux Denim { 07.30.12 at 2:13 pm }

I am looking forward to this show – the guest judges look impressive – I wonder if Guy Pearce will be given a spot?

3 Chunks { 07.30.12 at 3:27 pm }

RR, am concerned that you’ve been watching too much reality TV and are starting to mix up your programs. For example, this mash-up of Masterchef and I Will Survive:

“Also it is Priscilla Queen of the Dessert if they wanted to make it macho maybe a different musical should have been selected.”

Nope, Julia is still this year’s queen of dessert. 😉

4 Reality Raver { 07.30.12 at 3:57 pm }

Chunks – Yes I am still coming out of the black hole that is Masterchef! Will change. Now trying to get my head around Big Brother.

Daze – yes they need to embrace that side of it.

5 Morgan { 07.30.12 at 6:00 pm }

This seems like some sort of mix between The Glee Project and RuPaul’s Drag Race. Count me in!

6 Joseph Skyrim { 07.31.12 at 8:09 am }

While the singing, acting and dancing part intrigues me – the cross dressing is a total turn off and stupid so I’m gonna be avoiding it like the Shire. Obviously I don’t intend to ever watch the original movie either.

7 Georgie { 08.21.12 at 7:37 pm }

Hey – this is starting right now on Ten, not tomorrow night as advertised in the program!

8 Reality Raver { 08.21.12 at 8:23 pm }

Yikes meant to write a post telling people about the change it was shifted because Everybody Dance Now was reduced to one day.

9 Georgie { 08.21.12 at 8:49 pm }

That was excellent – I really enjoyed it. Love Hugh Sheridan and the judges aren’t full of themselves like other talent shows. No big egos – they seemed to genuinely enjoy themselves and the job.

10 Suzanne { 08.21.12 at 9:13 pm }

I’m with ya, Georgie. I loved it. Such a diverse range of voices. Tom and Davin’s performances were the best of the day, IMO. The drag queen performance was very entertaining as well. I think Frank will go tomorrow, he seems to lack charisma and he had the worst solo performance, IMO. And the judging was great, too. They were really honest and the critques I understood and were pretty on point.

I hope this will do better in ratings than EDN.

11 Morgan { 08.21.12 at 9:22 pm }

Agreed, I really liked it. Hugh was a good host and the judges are great, not pretentious and just told it like it is. Tom’s solo performance blew me away, he’s got an amazing voice. There is quite a diverse range of voices, which will make it interesting to watch. And wow, how georgous is Matt? He’s definitely dethroned Andy from MC as my new Reality TV crush. Judging from the promos for next week, it seems like Frank will be leaving tomorrow.

12 Cheryl { 08.21.12 at 10:48 pm }

I really loved it. Hugh needs to loosen up a bit, he still sounds like he’s reciting lines from a hastily memorised script but the performers look like they are a great bunch. Best Twitter comment I saw included the tag #EverybodyDragNow which is awesome.

13 Daze { 08.22.12 at 9:51 am }

Absolutely loved it. Refreshing, had a different spin on it, love Hugh. And Adrian, that voice, went all goosey. I know, I need a life, but wtf, it was great. Can’t wait for more, pant, pant.