The Shire – Can Someone Give Beckaa A Reality Check?
This episode made me feel I had lost three hours of my life and the episode of The Shire only went for 30 minutes. There were delusions, fake story lines, and not very passionate reconciliations. Again the highlights came from Sophie and Vernesa, and Beckaa.
For those who missed the show here is what happened:
- Beckaa’s father needs to give her a reality check not an open cheque. The petulant princess who thinks you can’t buy brains nor personality, and clearly not humility either, but you can buy everything else.
- Beckaa is the product of parenting where she has been indulged since the time she was little where just maybe they raised her with too much self esteem. She appears to be delusional about her ambition to get into pageants and maybe she should spend more time working on her body to get it pageant ready. Even with new boobs she is not going to cut it in a swim suit. Props to the cat walk coach who told her to cut her hair extensions off.
- Sophie and Vernesa were again the comic relief of the show. This week they went on a blind double date. Vernesa who has Beckaa syndrome as well thinks that all the guys will think they are hot. Maybe she has not quite worked out yet that if this was the case there would be no need to go on blind dates.
- After the plastic fantastic girls worked out the guys was duds which took all of three seconds, Vernesa said to the bartender with an aside to Sophie “keep the drinks coming as that would be the only thing coming tonight.”
- The pedestrian plot line of Mitch and Gabby relationship continued. This time they got back together with some very lacklustre kissing, which indicates why they may have broken up in the first place. And then as Mitch was still confused he went to see a tarot reader reader about his dilemma, who said that he would end up breaking up with her again. Is this a plot line in a future episode?
- One plot line that will be seen in the future, is Kerry finding out her best and most trustworthy friend Tegan is shagging her boyfriend Matty. Problem with this plot line is that it feels so fake and set up. We don’t see any snogging between Matty and Tegan but clearly Kerry will find out “on camera” so the viewer can see the inevitable cat fight.
The Shire is not going to be for everyone, and in fact not all episodes are 100 per cent entertaining, but for some reason there is enough here to keep me tuning in week after week.
The Shire moves to next Wednesday at 8pm.