The Shire – Can Someone Give Beckaa A Reality Check?

This episode made me feel I had lost three hours of my life and the episode of The Shire only went for 30 minutes. There were delusions, fake story lines, and not very passionate reconciliations. Again the highlights came from Sophie and Vernesa, and Beckaa.

For those who missed the show here is what happened:

• Beckaa’s father needs to give her a reality check not an open cheque. The petulant princess who thinks you can’t buy brains nor personality, and clearly not humility either, but you can buy everything else.
  • Beckaa is the product of parenting where she has been indulged since the time she was little where just maybe they raised her with too much self esteem. She appears to be delusional about her ambition to get into pageants and maybe she should spend more time working on her body to get it pageant ready. Even with new boobs she is not going to cut it in a swim suit. Props to the cat walk coach who told her to cut her hair extensions off.
  • Sophie and Vernesa were again the comic relief of the show. This week they went on a blind double date. Vernesa who has Beckaa syndrome as well thinks that all the guys will think they are hot. Maybe she has not quite worked out yet that if this was the case there would be no need to go on blind dates.
  • After the plastic fantastic girls worked out the guys was duds which took all of three seconds, Vernesa said to the bartender with an aside to Sophie “keep the drinks coming as that would be the only thing coming tonight.”
  • The pedestrian plot line of Mitch and Gabby relationship continued. This time they got back together with some very lacklustre kissing, which indicates why they may have broken up in the first place.  And then as Mitch was still confused he went to see a tarot reader reader about his dilemma, who said that he would end up breaking up with her again. Is this a plot line in a future episode?
  • One plot line that will be seen in the future, is Kerry finding out her best and most trustworthy friend Tegan is shagging her boyfriend Matty. Problem with this plot line is that it feels so fake and set up. We don’t see any snogging between Matty and Tegan but clearly Kerry will find out “on camera” so the viewer can see the inevitable cat fight.

The Shire is not going to be for everyone, and in fact not all episodes are 100 per cent entertaining, but for some reason there is enough here to keep me tuning in week after week.

The Shire moves to next Wednesday at 8pm.

1 Culinary Boner { 07.31.12 at 9:17 am }

I switched off in haste at the scene where she was parading her body on the ‘catwalk’.

For a minute there I thought Ten had bought The Footy Show and I was copping an eyeful of Dave Taylor* in a wig and a micro-dress.

* South’s mutant second rower – http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2011/06/27/1226083/021185-dave-taylor.jpg
for you Victorians

2 Dr T { 07.31.12 at 9:35 am }

Not watching MC allstars… will wait for the next season

Not watching this crap either… Methinks the change of nights is the first tolling of the bell for the end…

RR: but for some reason there is enough here to keep me tuning in week after week.
– yes, you run a blog that is dependent on this stuff

I think I’ll tune into BB for old times sake, but I don’t think I’ll last long

3 Dr T { 07.31.12 at 9:35 am }

PS – I can’t believe you’re commenting on the contestant’s appearance RR… after the last fiasco

4 Culinary Boner { 07.31.12 at 9:37 am }

You’re right Dr T.
Shame on you, Raver.
I’ve already given myself an uppercut for insulting Dave Taylor.

5 Dr T { 07.31.12 at 9:41 am }

Ah, that explains it CB… I follow the other footy show south of the border…

6 Lebay { 07.31.12 at 9:56 am }

Vernesa, Sophie and Bekka need their own show, the rest is just boring filler!

7 A.P { 07.31.12 at 10:10 am }

Not watching this RR, its boring and I will just read your recaps, roll on Big Brother!
Dr T is right you had better not mention appearance or accents or anything personal or Paul will give you a slap on the wrist.

8 Andrew Mercado { 07.31.12 at 10:44 am }

Watched THE SHIRE for the first and last time last night and it was more depressing than my worst fears. Given how fake the show’s women are, I suspect several could actually be men in drag.

9 Chunks { 07.31.12 at 12:18 pm }

The guys are hot looking and as dull as dishwater and the girls are scary looking and downright delusional. You have to hope none of them are going to have any influence on kids watching the show. God help us otherwise.

10 brain dead dave { 07.31.12 at 12:24 pm }

Loved the “psychic”!

Being a mind reader in The $hire can’t be too demanding a gig.

11 TickledPink { 07.31.12 at 12:25 pm }

Can this show please get axed already?? It’s such a waste of space!

12 Salman Rushdie { 07.31.12 at 2:03 pm }

I agree with Andrew Mercado. Get this crap off our screens. Jon Safran should put a fatwa on Channel 10. I prefered Sylvania Waters – I gave me something to do in my last years in hiding.

13 Dr T { 07.31.12 at 2:27 pm }

RR – I wonder what Salman R thinks of the Shire… I think his comment may have gone to your filter… You never know what famous person may turn up here!

14 Culinary Boner { 07.31.12 at 4:15 pm }

I’ll leave the final word on Becca to them scuzz-bag, dirt-rockers Nashville Pussy:

“Every time I see her naked
I wish that god would strike me blind
Because she’s got my daddy’s moustache
And her butt looks just like mine”

15 Reality Raver { 07.31.12 at 4:35 pm }

Dr T will check my spam.

Re: commenting on Beckaa’s looks I figured that considering her life ambition is to be judged on them in pageants that I would give my opinion on whether she can achieve that goal.

16 Culinary Boner { 07.31.12 at 4:38 pm }

Agree Raver.
By her own actions and principles she’s fair game for ridicule.
First by the producers of this tripe-ola and next by us, the viewing public. Let the games begin.

17 brain dead dave { 07.31.12 at 4:46 pm }

Beckaa’s made it Krystal clear that she would rather look good than be good. She’s on a hiding to nothing, given her current scarecrow like visage.

That’s a pretty adaptable quatrain you’ve provided us with there, Boner. It sounds like someone else I know, too.

18 Kat Dev { 07.31.12 at 8:01 pm }

Dr T are you really a Doctor? Is Beckka the only child or is there another? Enquiring minds wish to know.

19 Dr T { 07.31.12 at 8:27 pm }

Yes Kat, I am (formerly) young medical doctor… We have guilty pleasures too :-)

20 Georgie { 08.01.12 at 7:45 am }

Never watched this but saw Beckaa on a promo, post nose job. She looks very unfortunate indeed.

21 Kat Dev { 08.03.12 at 10:02 pm }

I bet you do Dr T. You aren’t Beckka’s Dad though are you? Because I don’t know if he’s a doctor or not but his name is Tony too. Google says he runs cancer clinics so would you need to be a doctor to do that? I wonder where Beckka’s Mum is – is there a sad back story – Divorced? Passed? Overpassed?