Now Casting: Recipe To Riches For Network TEN

Not a great all round cook but have one cracker recipe? Then Recipe To Riches could be the reality show for you. The show will be made by Fremantle Media for Network TEN and they are currently casting for it.

The blurb:

You don’t need to be a gourmet cook with a broad range of skills, we simply want your ONE best dish. Your best of the best.

It’s time to share your cherished home cooked creation with Australia and put yourself on a path from Recipe to Riches.

Bring us your pies, your cakes,your spaghetti bolognese, your secret marinade, your casserole, your pav, your exotic desert, your chocolate bar or your ‘need one more’ party snack, in fact bring us any single recipe you are most proud of, so long as it’s delicious and original.

In return, you’ll have the chance of turning your unique recipe into riches. We will tease, taste and test your recipe and ultimately put it onto the supermarket shelves of Australia for others to enjoy. You get a chance to win $200,000 and the joy of sharing your recipe with Australian families as it goes on sale around the country.

Applications close on 24 August so if you are interested in applying go to the website here.

1 brain dead dave { 08.08.12 at 5:06 pm }

Ah, bravo Fremantle Media ….the undisputed Masters of mediocrity.

First up, $200,000 is much better than the chicken feed the cheapskates at $hine use to attract “the best amata cooks in Australia”.

2 Morgan { 08.08.12 at 5:11 pm }

Now this is the show Jimmy from MCA2 should have tried out for.

3 Georgie { 08.08.12 at 5:12 pm }

Better $ maybe bdd, but you’d probably have to sit through one of those heart-to-hearts with Alenka.

4 Georgie { 08.08.12 at 5:13 pm }

You’re right Morgan, Jimmy only had one good recipe – curry!

5 Alenka { 08.08.12 at 5:27 pm }

True, Georgie, you would! Guess that counts you out?

6 Georgie { 08.08.12 at 5:47 pm }

Don’t forget to ‘paint a better picture for them’ by telling the truth when you hand out your advice Alenka.

7 Alenka { 08.08.12 at 5:53 pm }

Thank you for the advice. I’ll certainly do that.

8 Chunks { 08.08.12 at 6:10 pm }

Hm, $200,000? I assume that would mean something like signing away all further rights while Freemantle, TEN and Coles get rich on your recipe. Might be better to come second and get lots of publicity for your recipe and then do a Marion. The kitchens of Australia are going to be very busy over the next few weeks as every amata and his or her dog tries to come up with something they can pretend is a long-standing recipe.

9 Culinary Boner { 08.10.12 at 11:25 am }

I’m over these shows that aim for the stars – best tastin’ dish ever since man grilled his first mastodon steak – and then give us rolled gold mediocrity (to borrow from BDD).

For the sake of pure entertainment I’d much prefer to see the most ill-conceived, badly cooked, gut-wrenchingly disgusting recipes this nation’s home cooks have to offer. Surely the masters of reality TV mediocrity – Freemantle and Shine – can manage this.

In the meantime, here’s a retrospective of the worst line-cooks ever to appear on Hell’s Kitchen – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pxwTx2nc_0

10 Culinary Boner { 08.10.12 at 5:09 pm }

I’m currently working on my winning Dude Food recipe, weiner surprise#.

That’s a hot dog that I:
* sous-vide in Dr Pepper for one hour,
*bang on bun (bought at Coles)
*smother with Kewpie mayo
* immerse in liquid nitrogen
* smash to bits with a hammer
* and use as a topping for me bacon ice cream (**the recipe of which is a trade secret).

They might as well send me the $200,000 post haste.

# I’m hoping for a celebrity endorsement from Stephanie Rice.

11 Culinary Boner { 08.10.12 at 5:16 pm }
12 Suziekue { 08.10.12 at 5:52 pm }

@ CB’s sous-vide in Dr Pepper. In a weak moment a week ago, I tried Matt Preston’s Coca Cola chicken. If you have any respect for your taste buds, DO NOT EVER try this recipe. It took hours to cook. The texture of the chicken ended up like spam and the taste was like I’d wiped my mouth out with the sludge at the bottom of my petrol tank. I wonder if these recipes are tested in the real world rather than in the minds of their conceivers.

13 Culinary Boner { 08.10.12 at 8:59 pm }

Suziekue,
One of my favourite cookbooks of the late ’80s, more for its photos and novelty value than it’s recipes, was ‘The White Trash Cookbook’. This was the first introduction I had to the concept of marinading a whole chicken in a ‘master stock’ of Coca Cola and Heinz ketchup. And then roasting the shit out of it. If I recall correctly the resulting dish was called “Chicken Ketcha-Cola”. Good to see Matt P is embracing his inner trailer trash but sorry to hear you had to waste your time making diesel flavoured chicken.

Me?
I’m looking forward to some cooter!

Cooter Pie (The Hunter’s Delight)
The process of catching the cooter, or snapping turtle, seems more exciting than actually cooking it. “First you take a live cooter and wait for him to stick his head out from under his shell. When he does, you grab it and whack it off.” Poor little cooter.

“We might tell stories that others think are vulgar or sad but we make them tales to entertain ourselves and anyone else who will listen.” (from “White Trash Cooking”)

I found this on the ABC’s website. Unfortunately I lost the cookbook I had years ago.

14 Culinary Boner { 08.10.12 at 9:07 pm }

Whilst on the subject of ‘white trash’, my 2 favourite white trashians…

15 Recipe To Riches – In Doubt Or Delayed | reality ravings { 09.07.12 at 2:04 pm }

[…] by Reality Raver It is being reported that Network Ten might be putting the kybosh on reality cooking show Recipe To Riches. […]

16 Kerri { 08.13.13 at 8:30 pm }

Why bother to continue to advertise? You say above that applications are open until 24 August, but when you click through to your ‘website here’ link, it takes you to Facebook where it says, quite clearly, that you have wrapped up series 1. False advertising.

17 Marina PappalardoMarinapappalardo { 09.02.13 at 6:19 pm }

Would you let know when Recipe to Riches will be interviewing new contestants in Australia, I’m interested in the competition thanking you Marina Pappalardo

18 Anita wrightman { 09.10.13 at 11:09 pm }

Hi, I wish I heard about your show earlier, as this is what I’ve always wanted, my food to be on a super market shelve… Can’t wait for the next one…I would definitely like to be a contestant on your show…I have a passion for cooking and have many delicious dishes that I have created over the years…hope to hear from you and would love to have the opportunity to be on your show…My mobile no. Is 0419287309

19 Anita wrightman { 09.10.13 at 11:10 pm }

I did type a comment … I would love to be on your show… My name is Anita wrightman. 0419287309

20 Laura Gonzalez { 09.17.13 at 8:44 pm }

I also wish I had have known about this earlier and I would love the opportunity to be part of the next one. Please contact me via email as soon as possible with any information. Thank you.

21 Elise Cashion { 10.01.13 at 8:56 pm }

I would love the chance to be on Recipes to Riches if there is another season. I have missed this one unfortunately. Please let me know when application’s for the next show begin. This would be greatly appreciated.
Elise Cashion. :-)

22 Eleanor Tuhi { 10.01.13 at 9:53 pm }

I love this program, love food but can’t cook like my talented niece and will be hounding her from now until the next opportunity comes forward for her to take a challenge and join in with all the other talented contestants … by the way I loved the raspberry slice tonight I could smell and taste her slice from my lounge :)

23 Ana Corral-Kelly { 10.08.13 at 10:34 pm }

Now I have a recipe that everybody would love to try, I can visualise my fancy bottle with a great lable of one my drawings on the front since I am an artist. This product will be a hit seller I do not see to many of this product on the shelves and the bottle itself will be spectacular.
I would really love to go on the next recipe to riches which I see this product on the shelf. Yummm….que bueno…delicioso..

Ana with 1N

24 Ana Corral-Kelly { 10.08.13 at 10:48 pm }

Ana with 1N

25 sebastian scandurra { 10.24.13 at 2:01 am }

I would like to apply for next competition,my unique pizza base recipe is gluten free,yeast free,no eggs,non dairy,high in proteins,very easy for a moderm familly to finish a very nice pizza at home ,just add on your favorite toppings,and enjoy a terrific umbellivible pizza.

26 Darren { 04.10.14 at 10:39 am }

Hi to all I have a great recipe for the show I like to call it my Asian glaze it is a rich and flavour sum sauce witch can be used with fish, chicken, beef,lamb, any type of meat or seafood when the sauce is added to a different meat or seafood it changes the flavour slightly so you can use it every night for dinner and it won’t taste like the same thing for dinner every night I am a chef myself and have perfected the sauce over the past 10 years and have used it in many restaurants over the years and have sold this sauce in bottles to sum selected customers over the years and would love to share it with all of Australia.

27 Maureen { 04.26.14 at 10:58 pm }

Half filled out application form and then it disappeared?? How can I apply to enter?

28 Ana corral-Kelly { 04.27.14 at 4:54 pm }

I have been trying to apply for this program recipe for riches for a while now and I just found out it’s going back on.
I have a great recipe that t want to have on out shelves that everybody will enjoy.
Ana with 1 N