Now Casting: Network Seven Looking For Renovators

Like The Block but don’t particularly want to put all your hard work into a house that you can’t stay in, then Channel Seven’s new renovation show could be the one you are looking for.

The are wanting couples that want to renovate their own houses for a reality show.

Here is what they are looking for:

Channel 7 announces an exciting new home renovation series which is currently looking for contestants around Australia.

Regular Aussies with reno aspirations will compete as they undergo major home renovations. Contestants will put their homes on the line and their skills to the test in a fight for renovation supremacy and a life- changing prize!

Seven is putting the call out to people who love renovating to become a part of this exciting new show. If you and a partner – be it your spouse, a friend, workmate or relative – think you’ve got what it takes, head to Yahoo!7’s official website www.yahoo7.com.au/sevencasting and apply now.

Participants must be over 18, and while previous home renovation experience will be helpful, it isn’t compulsory; just a passion and flair for home improvement are all that’s required.

Applications are open until September 7

1 brain dead dave { 08.11.12 at 2:18 pm }

Participants must be able to handle tools.

2 Not Paul { 08.11.12 at 6:37 pm }

bdd, the king of lame

3 Andrew James { 04.02.13 at 8:12 pm }

I would like to entre my son for the House rules as he is bringing up his two little children on his own, it would be a great help for his home to be renovated as it does need a face lift.
Regards Robin James

4 Tricia Jones { 04.08.13 at 9:36 pm }

All I ever wanted in my home of 25 years was a new Kitchen never got it .Now my daughter and family are living in it I would love the kitchen to be replaced and the bathroom to be finished this was always a dream

5 Tricia Jones { 04.08.13 at 9:36 pm }

Patricia Jones

6 Kyra Deeble { 04.13.13 at 11:38 am }

I have been with my hubby since high school and his parents have been with us through it all. They have done some amazing things for us that you would not believe. I would love to enter thier house for a reno. They love to renovate and are currently renovating thier laundry, but is taking a long time due to illnesses and work commitments. If someone could please contact me on how I could enter them in, it would be a dream true for them.

7 Lisa Sutton { 04.22.13 at 7:27 pm }

My mum has lived it a house for 20 + year and is need of a Reno really badly. Can you please help

8 Wendy Varley { 04.24.13 at 2:47 pm }

My friend is 53 and he has a very bad back, injured while working over 10 years ago and he hasn’t been able to work since. His house must be close to 100 years old and is in major need for a reno, so if you need anymore houses for “House Rules” please keep him in mind

9 Zoe stancliffe { 05.05.13 at 11:09 pm }

My daughter Jenna and her partner Ben are both a deaf couple.. They both have had a bad time with everything going wrong in there home they struggle to pay for.. They lost there baby last Nov and things have gone down hill..I would love for them to have a nice turn around and have a lovely makeover as there bathroom is falling down. Please keep them in mind as they deserve a break.. Thankyou so much

10 Shirley Farrugia { 05.15.13 at 7:34 pm }

My mother has been living in her house for the past 45 years , the last time anything was done to house was about 25 years ago and now the house is falling apart .. Most of the lights don’t work windows don’t open as the wood is rotten roof is leaking.. Please help my mother . Thank you Julie

11 gary jenner { 06.01.13 at 3:02 pm }

hi ive always wanted to do renovations but just couldn’t afford it.i started on the bath room but that’s as far as I got so id love my house to be done and for me and my partner to do other peoples in the next series of house rules… regards gary

12 Trish Manassero { 06.13.13 at 1:57 pm }

I would love to have my daughter and her partner to have there house renovated there kitchen is terrible and they are unable to afford any makeover due to high repayments of house and car her partner recently lost over $3,000 pay because the company he was contracting for went broke please help relieve some of the stress. Thanks Trish

13 Trish Manassero { 06.13.13 at 1:59 pm }

I would love to have my daughter and her partner to have there house renovated there kitchen is terrible and they are unable to afford any makeover due to high repayments of house and car her partner recently lost over $3,000 due to his employer going broke.Jesse is a plaster by trade so he would be great doing Renos on other couples homes.Please give them a go.Thanks Trish

14 Ellen Markus { 04.29.14 at 9:40 pm }

My Husband and I bought a house one year ago. The house is build in 1958. This is very old house. we bought the house because we have a baby girl but the house is pretty bad. I always find bugs, cockroach, and big spider . I have adream to have the house at least my babygirl can enjoy to play around the house but it never happen because I alway find the bugs every where in my house and we can’t afford to build a new house or buy the other house. I hope I get miracle for my house. at least my little girl can play around inside my house. Thank you.

15 Ellen Markus { 04.29.14 at 9:48 pm }

My Husband and I bought a house one year ago. The house is build in 1958. This is very old house. we bought the house because we have a baby girl but the house is pretty bad. I always find bugs, cockroach, and big spider . I have adream to have the house at least my babygirl can enjoy to play around the house but it never happen because I alway find the bugs every where in my house and we can’t afford to build a new house or buy the other house. I hope I get miracle for my house. at least my little girl can play around inside my house. the window in my house also cant be open. our house is make from fibro. some of the wall is broken. I hope you guys can help us.Thank you.

16 Daniela Martin { 05.06.14 at 11:22 am }

We paid over half a million dollars on our home only see all the ‘dodgy slap-up jobs’ done for a quick sale start appearing near 4 months later. Unfortunately the main parts of a housecare ALL in major need of replacing/repair – bathroom, ensuite, laundrydand kitchen – the most expensive parts of the home. The building inspection company saves itself with the fine print of 3 months so that was a real shame for us. Now we’re in so much debt we’ll never be able to afford to replace a couole of toilets let alone fix the main problems. Id love the opportunity to be able to save our home that in reality will never get done. How people can live with themselves in ripping others off is beyond me – especially when you pay top dollar:(

17 Donna bell { 05.30.14 at 5:51 pm }

We live in a3 bed room home and it could do with a remo , we have 7 kids , 5 are foster kids we have had them for 6 years and do share rooms one we made a bed room were my frond door should be . It would be great if we could get it fixed up as we love our kids and won’t to give them the best and a nice Reno would be great for them and us . The foster kids are age for 14 to 7 . And have had a hard life .

18 Ruth Wilson { 06.03.14 at 7:58 pm }

My husband has bought a house and now he is medically discharge from the army. The work needed to his needs falls back on hire help for he is not physically capable to do the work. So between caring for my husband and being a casual worker we are financially tight. So my husband has to tolerate on what we have achieve so much.

19 Lyn Fisher { 06.10.14 at 10:58 am }

I am 73 years old – too old to renovate a home, although I do have a duplex (which I do not live in) in the most disgusting condition on the most magnificent block overlooking the ocean (best ocean views in Geraldton) I let my son Andrew live in it as it is not rentable I also enjoy going over to visit just for the view. If your would like the home for one of your house rules renovations. you can do anything you like with it. I would be only to delighted to have it done as long I don’t have to do it.

20 Cherie MILL { 06.25.14 at 11:19 am }

I am applying for me daughter and son in law to be, we are having a beautiful wedding by the River Murry next year 21st March. Emma and Lee have a small property in Neilborough 20 minutes from Bendigo VIC. Lee is a mechanic and Emma receptionist, they have a very large shed that is the envy of all male friends & family, Lee has made a a large bar out of different timber polished and sanded down. There is a wall made from old News paper sheets dates 1950,s. Pot belly stove and large wooden shandalier. However the house has no heating, internal walls are vaneer board needs more work than the shed. Both are hard workers and get along with all age groups, they are in their early 30,s but look much younger, my daughter is beautiful but Iam bias. She has helped me renovate many houses although our taste are quite opposite, I believe I have taught her well. I hope you will consider this pair as they represent a large majority of this younger generation, with some extra down to earth values. Emma,s mum Cherie

21 lorraine hall { 06.30.14 at 9:12 pm }

My name isLorraine iama foster carer i care for aborignal chiildren i would love to be on housse rules but donot have anyonne to help me my home needs renos it is only 2 bed room and i do not have my own bed room i have gave my bed room up so the foster children have a bed room to sleep in my bed room s a fold out sofain the lounge room . i lost my partner 3 years ago he was allso a foster carer since his passing i have continue to care for these children. i would also love this to happenn beause the kids and my own daugther who is 13 years derservie a lovley home to feell safe and grow up in. i will allways care for these kids as i belive all children deservie the best chance in life to suscceed in life . so i wouuld like tooffer my home to the house rules show for a reno as part of the show thank you Lorraine and every childthat comes and goes into my home

22 lorraine hall { 06.30.14 at 9:53 pm }

Hi my name is Lorraine iam a foster carer for Aborignnal kids in Kempsey NSW i would love to be on house rules my foster kids me and my daugther watch the show allthe time. i lost my partner 3 years ago he was also a foster carer since his passing i have continued to care iam buying a 2 bed room home with owner finance i have also started full time empolyment and this is a job were i work as a case worker i go into Aborignal family homes and try to interduce change so the children do not become foster children and can remain with their parents and family were it is safe for the kids .I have no one to help me on house rules so i wouldlike to offer my home to your show . My home is 2 bed room and i do not have a bed room i gave it up for my foster children that come and go my bed room is a fold out sofa bed in the lounge room i have 1 perment child with me at the moment and my daugther who is 14 . i do a lot of restpite were children come and stay weekends and some stay with me untill they find a perment foster carer . On behalf of these chiildren i would love to say that all children devsive a lovley home to grow up in and everyone of these children deserve the best start in life they can get so this is my story and my childrens story and hope you can consider the offer of our home on your show thank you
Lorraine and all the children that pass and stay in my home.

23 Ainslie C { 07.10.14 at 2:14 pm }

I would love to get my sister’s house renovated for her as she does so much for the communtity and people around her while sacrificing little luxuries for herself. She cares for disabled people and has them live with her while also having an autistic child. Her house is small and run down. I hope if you need a home to renovate for ‘a good cause’, you might choose hers.

24 Ann W { 07.12.14 at 10:39 am }

Would love to have my house done, It still has the original kitchen from the 50’s. When you open the cupboard doors, you can see under the house and I don’t have a stove. The floor is on a lean. The lino has had it, the roof is all warped from a roof leak. It has timber
paneling walls from the 70’s (that are now painted) carpet from the 60’s. Son-in-law is a builder and my daughter and him want to do this house up to make life a little easier for all of us. They would make a perfect pair – smart, good looking, perfect for this show and she has him wrapped around her little finger!!! We live in the beautiful Yarra Valley in Victoria, with the most magic views of Mt Victoria from my dining, bedroom and lounge room.
3 years ago, I painted the whole of the outside of my weatherboard house by myself. It’s on a small acreage of 4 acres with horses out the back. It’s cold in winter and very drafty from all the gaps throughout the walls and hot in summer, as it gets all the afternoon sun. We also get the freight train in Spring. Yes a freight train, it roars off the mountain, through the valley and straight through my house!! So strong the walls look like they are breathing, in and out! So used to it now, I don’t even notice. hehe. You can hearing it coming, and when you do, it’s batten down the hatches and move anything in it’s path so it doesn’t blow off the deck or through a winder. Last lot of wind took some panels off on the side my shed! I would love to work with my son-in-law, but not sure if you would take on a very active 65 yo. (he is 30)! As I said I have horses, I ride, walk and work full time, in my spare time I’m an artist, I paint in watercolours and acrylics.
ps: I’m only a 5 minute walk from the beautiful Yarra River.

25 Ann Whitelock { 07.12.14 at 10:47 am }

Would love to have my house done, It still has the original
kitchen from the 50′s. When you open the cupboard doors, you can
see under the house and I don’t have a stove. The floor is on a
lean. The lino has had it, the roof is all warped from a roof leak.
It has timber paneling walls from the 70′s (that are now painted)
carpet from the 60′s. Son-in-law is a builder and my daughter and
him want to do this house up to make life a little easier for all
of us. They would make a perfect pair – smart, good looking,
perfect for this show and she has him wrapped around her little
finger!!! We live in the beautiful Yarra Valley in Victoria, with
the most magic views of Mt Victoria from my dining, bedroom and
lounge room. 3 years ago, I painted the whole of the outside of my
weatherboard house by myself. It’s on a small acreage of 4 acres
with horses out the back. It’s cold in winter and very drafty from
all the gaps throughout the walls and hot in summer, as it gets all
the afternoon sun. We also get the freight train in Spring. Yes a
freight train, it roars off the mountain, through the valley and
straight through my house!! So strong the walls look like they are
breathing, in and out! So used to it now, I don’t even notice.
hehe. You can hearing it coming, and when you do, it’s batten down
the hatches and move anything in it’s path so it doesn’t blow off
the deck or through a winder. Last lot of wind took some panels off
on the side my shed! I would love to work with my son-in-law, but
not sure if you would take on a very active 65 yo. (he is 30)! As I
said I have horses, I ride, walk and work full time, in my spare
time I’m an artist, I paint in watercolours and acrylics. ps: I’m
only a 5 minute walk from the beautiful Yarra River.