Now Casting: Masterchef Australia Season Five

Yippee Masterchef Australia will be back on our screens next year, with Shine and Network Ten now casting for season five.

If you like cooking and can handle the fact that you will be away from your family and friends for a length of time (this might be a positive thing) go for it.

As you know the production values are high, the talent they get on the show is great, and the challenges though stressful I am sure were fun in hindsight.

The downside would be having George and Gary masticate over your food.

Go here to apply and you have until the 15 October 2012.

1 Joseph Skyrim { 08.14.12 at 3:42 pm }

Do they accept people who are terrible cooks/have only cooked once or twice? If so I may have a chance! πŸ˜› Though, I now have successfully cooked almondigas. Woooooo! They were yummy too! ^_^

2 brain dead dave { 08.14.12 at 3:47 pm }

I can’t wait to let Gary and George taste my cheeks.

3 Joseph Skyrim { 08.14.12 at 3:52 pm }

Oh and if that one is too stressful you can apply for this one instead:

Gotta be quick though as apps close in 2 weeks! I’d personally be more leaning to apply here, however since my family recipes are a strongly guarded secret and the only way to learn them is to marry into my family, I’m pretty much disallowed from participating. πŸ˜›

Edit: Oh, I lied. You can probably also just find them on my cousin’s blog. LOL. She’s a headstrong lass. πŸ˜›

4 Angelo Fortnuo { 08.14.12 at 4:26 pm }

I have just applied! I tend to partake in some form of culinary activity on a nightly basis and hope that the skills I have acquired over my career (a very particular set of skills…) would place me in good stead if selected.

It is my wish that one of our fellow contributors should apply and find fame, fortune and fornication on Masterchef Australia as we will then have a direct opportunity for interaction and insight beyond what the webmaster can provide.

If not myself, I would relish hearing what BDD would have to say from within the house, or Joseph Skyrim delivering Game of Thrones references on live television…no more “beautiful fish” instead only fish that has been beheaded at the request of Joffrey!

5 A.P { 08.14.12 at 4:50 pm }

Hope you make it in Angelo so we can watch you become Astrayas Next Masterchef!
I don’t trust you with carrots though after reading your comment on Big Brother!

6 Culinary Boner { 08.14.12 at 5:14 pm }

I better start harvesting my dude food

7 Angelo Fortnuo { 08.14.12 at 5:28 pm }

A.P – I’m receiving some rather curious looks at my office due to rather raucously laughing at your comment. I’ll stay far away from carrots and for good measure radish, Lebanese cucumbers and other similarly proportioned items.

8 brain dead dave { 08.14.12 at 5:33 pm }

You’d be bringing a new genre to Ma$terchef~lewd food. All part of your culinary dream.

9 Morgan { 08.14.12 at 6:23 pm }

I’m actually considering about applying for MCA5. Just for a bit of fun, and to see how far I can get. I mean, if people like Kate from S2, Alex and Andrew from S3 and Mario from S4 can get on the show, surely I have a shot? πŸ˜› Also because I’d love to go to Melbourne, it’s a wonderful city. So happy that the show is relocating there.

I hope Yukio is auditioning again.

Good luck Angelo!

10 Reality Raver { 08.14.12 at 6:25 pm }

Angelo Fortnuo – we of course expect you to smuggle a mobile, there are some small ones, to give us updates from the house. And will you be next years Andy?

11 Chunks { 08.14.12 at 6:28 pm }

I would do it but don’t think the reimbursement would pay the mortgage, plus not really sure I want to cook on TV. I don’t sweat into the food but I am pretty messy and definitely can’t temper chocolate.

12 Sioux Denim { 08.14.12 at 11:45 pm }

Good luck Angelo …. I applied last year and got a call up – I truly only believe cos I put a kooky photo on my application! Chickened-out when asked back at stage 2 – loved my job too much and couldn’t imagine being away from hubby too long…….

13 Masterchef All Stars – Another Conspiracy Theory Bites The Dust | reality ravings { 08.15.12 at 1:23 am }

[…] However first the remaining contestants had to cook his Lobster Raviolo in a Keep Up with Curtis Stone cooking challenge.Β The All Stars have to keep up with Curtis as he cooked this dish. These are great challenges and the first one we saw was in Series Four this year with Kylie Kwong. Hopefully they will continue to be in the Masterchef format. Β And yes there will be another Masterchef next year and applications are now open.Β  […]

14 A.P { 08.15.12 at 8:23 am }

J/Lo AKA E.H If you are still reading all the comments, please consider applying for Masterchef as you seem to have so much knowledge on cooking that I’m sure you could do well!
As for me, I’m with Joseph Skyrim, unless there’s a show for Austraya’s Worst Cook I won’t be applying!

15 Joseph Skyrim { 08.15.12 at 9:04 am }

Haha good luck Angelo! Hope you make it to the house – or at least to the top 50? :) I think winter will come long before I actually have enough skills to even apply! πŸ˜›

16 Dunbi { 08.15.12 at 10:49 am }

Joseph – I had to ask Google what almondigas was. I am so impressed not just that you made it, but that you ate it! I Really think you should apply along with Angelo – good luck Angelo.

17 Joseph Skyrim { 08.15.12 at 11:12 am }

Dunbi – hehe I don’t think I’ll get very far with my -one- dish, that I cooked, once. πŸ˜› Googled almondigas too to see what came up, and my version is not soup! There are meatballs (easy) and I prefer a thicker sauce, served with rice. Almost all my meals have rice. ^_^

Since my cousin already posted this/a similar recipe on her blog I can put it up on my blog if you want to make it yourself? It’s pretty yummy, and hey – if -I- can make it, anyone can. ^_^

18 Dunbi { 08.15.12 at 11:24 am }

Joseph – would love to see your recipe. I just didn’t fancy eating a loofah, don’t know what misua is and I don’t know how to measure out ‘one piece of raw egg’!:)

19 Joseph Skyrim { 08.15.12 at 2:16 pm }

Dunbi – Ok I’ve put it up there now. Formatting is a bit all over the place yet though. Not sure how to fix it. πŸ˜›

20 Dunbi { 08.16.12 at 12:08 am }

Thanks so much Joseph. I have bookmarked this recipe and will try it soon. It certainly looks easy enough and doesn’t have any weird and wonderful ingredients! Thanks again, you are very kind. :)

21 faez { 10.18.12 at 2:11 am }

looking forward toseason…………………………….five

22 nasri { 11.30.13 at 6:31 am }

i am realy like cooking masterchef is dream i wish iccepting me

23 nasri khadidja { 11.30.13 at 6:34 am }

i am realy like cooking masterchef is dream i wish iccepting me

24 nasri khadidja { 11.30.13 at 6:36 am }

i am realy like cooking, masterchef is dream i wish iccepting me

25 assia { 01.11.14 at 12:41 am }