Big Brother Australia – George Has To Be The Multi-Millionaire

Two more Big Brother housemates entered the house last night, George the 25 year old  mining electrician, and Ryan the 21 year old model and retail assistant.

George will probably turn out to be the multi-millionaire and will entrench the east coast view that if you are a tradie and working in mining you are rolling in it. He is of Greek/lebanese heritage so he must be the token ethnic in the house.

Ryan who admits to being vain haas one of his hobbies is to looking at himself in the mirror. He works in retail but he did mention something about commercial law. However obviously he is too young to actually to have completed a degree unless he got it online or on his last stopover in Bangkok.

All the housemates are on their best behaviour with all of them trying to bond with each other. Estelle the law student appears to be being strategic on this and was seen telling Stacey that she thinks they “connect” and she “gets her” this followed up on her having a heart to heart with Angie the night before.

Estelle may believe in humanitarian causes but I think she may not turn out to be that nice. She needs to remember that not only does she have to win over the housemates she needs to win over the viewers as well.

The housemates were making their own pizzas something they better get good at as it appears they will be doing it a lot as they have their own pizza oven in the house. The boys are being very helpful at the moment, however considering only Josh appears to be house trained, I expect tension to flair up when they stop pulling their housecleaning and cooking weight.

Brad or B-Rad is currently favourite to win, however coming straight from living with his mother his house skills will be poor and this could start to grate. George also appears to live with his mother, as does Ryan, and Michael just admits he is a slob. It will be interesting to see how long they keep up the facade for.

Two more housemates will enter the house tonight. One who declares that he is very bitchy – was it stereotyping when I assumed this meant it could be a gay guy?

UPDATE: George is the millionaire – Behind Big Brother has a story on him he owns property in the mining town of Newman.

1 Ari { 08.15.12 at 10:15 am }

– So you’re Asian? NEXT!
– So you’re over 35 years old? NEXT!
– So you’re black? NEXT!
– Ugh channel 9 and channel 7 ARE THE WORST when it comes to racial diversity. THE WORST.
– Seriously channel 7 allows only 1 ASIAN in a team of two or a half-Asian. Are they scared of racial advantages in The Amazing Race and My Kitchen Rules? Channel 10 is the best when it comes to diverse contestants to be honest.
– I will refer to Michael as Ja’mie King from Summer Heights High.
– Sonia Kruger is ‘okay’. A little bit bland. Just show me who is in the house. Be quiet about the whole “what’s your secret?” crap and enough with the continuos ad breaks. JUST SHOW ME WHO IS IN THE HOUSE.
– Estelle looks like Madeline Zima from The Nanny and Californication.
– These secrets make me yawn. I was hoping for more secrets like “I dress in drag” or “I’ve banged my mates mum” or “I’ve been in prison for the last 3 years” or “I am a raging sex addict”.
– Bradley is awesome. Too bad facebook bogan fans don’t like him. Too bad those bogan haters who call him an ‘ugly geek’ will probably end up working for him.
– Nerds rule.
– Poor Bradley. I bet he creamed within 30 seconds of being bombarded by the girls’ attention.
– Ugh I thought channel 9 wanted intelligent people in their house to have “intelligent conversations”.
– Okay casting. I preferred Channel 10s casting.
– By the promos channel 9 TURKEY SLAPPED me with during the Olympics I was really hoping that that kung-fu Indian man, that Asian, that stylishly good-looking man with facial hair and that attractive guy in the casual shirt (who was in the same teaser as Zoe aaaarghhhh) would get in. How disappointing channel 9 you tease.
– The talking is too annoying. There needs to be a rule that people should talk one at a time for goodness sake. The echo of the house and the girls talking over each other so loudly I didn’t understand what they were saying. I’m not exaggerating when I say this but I ACTUALLY have a headache now. The editors need to fix this. Channel 10 always does a fantastic job of editing. Fix yourself channel 9 before someone’s ear drums explode.
– WHY on earth do we have a multi-millionaire in the house when the sole purpose to be on the show is to win $250000 from doing nothing talented?
– They just said “straya”. I’ve already had enough of that being said on facebook. And I had to hear it on national television. Please someone help me to gain the faith I have lost on this nation please.
– Obviously George is the multi-millionaire. He looks clean despite the dreadlocks. And his name is George. Believe it or not, as a guy with an interest in names, rich parents usually give their children names like George, Alexandra, Emily, Emma, etc. (something respectable and clean). I can’t see a wealthy parent naming their son Ryan.
– Unless George made himself a millionaire who knows?
– Just glad that Bradley doesn’t seem neglected.
– UGH this Ryan guy knows he’s good-looking and it’s disgustingly unattractive. I’d still do him though. But still.
– Sonia please stop with these questions about Ryan and his looks and love. So obvious why he was chosen.
– Not the best model I’ve seen but Ryan’s certainly not the genius.
– Don’t think Ryan is the guy who has dated over 100 women. He’s 21 and I think he’s more sweet than playa.
– The way Ryan’s walking around the house. He looks like he’s thinking, “sh*t. I’m stuck with bogans for the next few months of my life.”
– Still hating the lack of cultural diversity.
– Tomorrow’s previews of the last two male contestants. A possible gay contestant who calls himself a b*tch?! As a gay guy, how typical is it for the casting people to choose a gay guy so stereotypical?
– This other guy with the nice arms looks hotter than Ryan…hopefully. He seems pretty playa though.
– This show has one last chance to grasp me. If the people don’t take care of that annoying noise and the loud talking I don’t think I’ll ever survive.
– Oh and George is definitely the millionaire. And a self-made one too.

2 Erin { 08.15.12 at 10:20 am }

It’s already been confirmed that George is the millionaire – he has property investments worth $3.7 million. It’s all over http://www.behindbigbrother.com.

3 Reality Raver { 08.15.12 at 10:23 am }

Thanks Erin I wonder if the girls will pick that it is him.

4 Paul { 08.15.12 at 10:36 am }

Just one thing to clarify.

Its almost impossible to get an ‘older’ type person on this type of show for all sorts of practical reasons.

1. Most have a family.
2. Most need to be fully employed to support that family.
3. BB skews young. Why on earth would an older person want to be locked up with a bunch of teenagers and 20 somethings?
4. Most have financial responsibilities that they cannot put on hold for months on end.
5. Risk taking becomes less pronounced as you get older.

Ch 9 is fairly white bread – always has been. No shock there.

5 Isabel { 08.15.12 at 11:12 am }

I thought I was having hearing problems – I couldn’t understand a word that was being said – so much talk! So I put on subtitles and that didn’t help because obviously whoever was doing them couldn’t understand anything either. They’d better improve on the yakking otherwise they’ll lose viewers.

And are large hair rollers the new bunny ears?

6 Sioux Denim { 08.15.12 at 11:15 am }

Agree with most comments- its impossible to decipher what in the hell they saying! The girls in that Puffer room really are going to give me the shits soon………..

7 brain dead dave { 08.15.12 at 11:38 am }

The women ought to be literally able to smell George out if he’s exuding the success pheromone through those Gucci dreads.

I hope Ch 9 get it together to throw some variety into this white utopian dreamworld with some ethnic intruders at some stage.

8 Daze { 08.15.12 at 12:00 pm }

Are you feeling better now Ari, having such a chuckle on your ‘rant’ – Totally agree – can’t hear a friggin thing in The Parlour, and indeed why go on a show to win money when you have millions. And you would do Ryan? Too pretty, sorry
Bradley creamed himself? What does this mean? ha ha ha but you are probably right – so much attention from the female type. I’m happy they are all being really nice to him. I love geeks. He would have been great on Beauty & the Geek.
Pretty obvious George was the $$ – and he’s sooooooooooo good looking. Move over Ryan.
Charne (Va Va) is not cliquing with The Girls and the Pom is too busy being a princess
So far Im enjoying it with Sonia hosting. Couldnt get into BB previously – host and inmates. Hope it stays interesting this year.

9 Morgan { 08.15.12 at 1:02 pm }

Very dull episode last night. George seems like a nice guy, but perhaps not enough to make this show interesting. Not liking Ryan at all. He’s not even that good looking, if you ask me.

I also came across this tweet from Ryan: http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/576001_3981610271495_1649158293_n.jpg

Needless to say, I’m hoping he’ll be one of the first to leave.

10 TVjunkie { 08.15.12 at 1:05 pm }

I picked George the minute they said he was from a mining town in WA. A quick google search quickly confirmed it…

Just wish we could get over the intro of the housemates and get on with show. And also, a big thumbs down to Channel 9 for no live stream.

11 Mahlia { 08.15.12 at 1:15 pm }

I am very disappointed so far and am finding it hard to stay with this new BB.
They said it would be different but so far it is the same carbon copy housemates.
There was a guy with dreadlocks (Rory) and a law student (Ben) and a nerdy guy (Travis) in the final series on 10. There was a hint last night that a vet might be going in tonight (animals and a stethoscope) if that is true then a vet was also in the last series of BB on 10 too (Alice).

12 brain dead dave { 08.15.12 at 1:20 pm }

It was funny when Bradley told that boat people hating sheep farm sheila to stop snoring. If that’s what she puts out when she’s sleeping on her side, it’s going to be hell when she gets a few beers into her and is stranded/crashed out on her back.

Reckon the Parlour Room will be more interesting when the numbers are down to Circle or View size, ie 4 roughly. Just too many sheep heads going at it at once at the moment.

If Bradley’s smart , he’ll get a guts ache more often and he’ll have a fox hovering over him in no time. I say two weeks max before he’s installed as alpha male.

13 bron { 08.15.12 at 1:29 pm }

VOMIT, i live near ryan and he is a douche. his twitter is full of lovely things too, what a lovely, charming young man.

14 Reality Raver { 08.15.12 at 1:37 pm }

BDD – LOL – maybe he seems like a sweet kid, but a tad dull. I think if he is hoping for action he is in for a shock. All the girls eyes are on Ryan and will shift when they find out George is a multi.
If they don’t amped up the liquor he may not even get a snog in the house.
Maybe they should start a series called Miner Wants A Wife.
I am quite liking Layla and I think Stacey will grow on me.

TV junkie – Agree live stream please.

Ari – yes it is disappointing. To be fair to The Amazing Race they had an indigenous team, and italian team and a lebanese team, and a quirky team.

Paul – In a sense I agree but there were older people in the audition lines and three months is not as big a sacrifice as the eight month filming marathon that is Masterchef. Also there was a lot of people from ethnic backgrounds auditioning particularly asians. Out of 20,000 surely there were some interesting personalities there.
Though 10 years ago considered auditioning, now days you would have to drag me into the house. I would be going bonkers in 48 hours.

Isabel – agree they need to subtitle some of the conversations. LOL re: the rollers.

Daze – agree I think it will hit its straps once we get into the routine of the shows and see more of what goes on in the house and they stop being on their best behaviour.

Morgan – great research – yeah he had douche written all over him. Why don’t they delete their dodgy social media stuff.

Mahalia – The casting is getting criticised, but The BLock worked for them. I would have liked more diversity. But as long as they are entertaining.

15 Reality Raver { 08.15.12 at 1:40 pm }

Bron – YOu would have to presume NINE and Southern Star went over their Twitter profiles. Yeah cannot see him winning.

16 bron { 08.15.12 at 1:44 pm }

yep! well actually, you would’ve thought it’d be in their contract to delete their social media profiles. i mean, if masterchef contestants have to do it, wouldn’t the realist thing be for bb people to delete too? i mean, estelle has a profile floating around saying she hates gay people. her “character” in the house was someone who hated “homophobia”

makes you question a few things.

17 brain dead dave { 08.15.12 at 1:47 pm }

Thanks Morgan , I just read that tweet . When I was a boy, that meant “transistor radio”

Get him out of there.

18 A.P { 08.15.12 at 3:23 pm }

I got annoyed with it too! All the girls talking over each other, I can’t make out what anyone is saying either.
It was a bit dull and Sonia fumbles over her words sometimes like she is nervous.
Hopefully things will improve, maybe intruders will add something different into the mix as this lot are too bogan, too young and too stupid!
Will persevere for the time being.

19 Reality Raver { 08.15.12 at 3:58 pm }

AP – I just want them to let us watch what is going on in the house without too many tricks. I love observing their interaction who’s hanging with who, what they are talking about etc.

20 A.P { 08.15.12 at 5:00 pm }

SPOILER::SPOILER
Twitter #behindbb is stating that Big Brother found Estelle and Ryan through a casting agency and that they did not go through the audition process!!!

21 A.P { 08.15.12 at 5:11 pm }

Here’s the link about Estelle and Ryan’s casting agency in for Big Brother :

22 A.P { 08.15.12 at 5:12 pm }

Here’s the link about Estelle and Ryan::

23 Suziekue { 08.15.12 at 5:28 pm }

As well as sound issues, I’m also having problems with the background wallpaper in the kitchen particularly. It is so busy that the inmates get lost – makes for hard viewing.

@ bron. Maybe Estelle is word challenged (I’m being polite here) and instead of her hating “homophobia” she really means that she hates “homosexuality”. These inmates are hardly in the Mensa league.

I was so looking forward to BB this year, but I’m sooo disappointed. The lack of ethnic and age diversity makes for a very beige people landscape.

Ch 9 has given us is another dating show. I’m bored already.

24 Daze { 08.15.12 at 6:18 pm }

Suziekue – beige wannabe’s, would have been more interesting with ethnic and age diversity as you state – oh well, will give it a few more look-ins and if they are all yabbering over each other, will switch off. I’m getting Reality Overload and too much to watch all at similar times.

AP – Estelle & Ryan hired from a talent agency? well, how unfair is that for all the people who did try to get on and didn’t and who had to line up for hours, etc. Ryan certainly wouldn’t have (I’m assuming that was the audition process or was it all on-line applications)