Everybody Dance Now – Beat The Streets And Emily Seymour Were Amazing

It is a pity they can’t merge Everybody Dance Now with So You Think You Can Dance. The group dances have been some of the highlights of the struggling reality show, however I would like to follow the “journeys” and get to see more of the artists.

Last night Beat The Streets did an amazing performance. It was a mix of hip hop, tap with some incredible energy. And it wasn’t just because one the guys took his shirt off. Β These guys have got to be one of the favourites to win. They also knocked out Machismo a group that had three So You Think You Can Dance Australia alumni in it. They were Charlie Bartley, BJ Rorke, and Hilton Dennis.

Check out their performance below:

However disappointingly Emily Seymour a very talented 17 year old dancer was knocked out in the first round. Her routine which was a mix of ballet and jazz, a naughty black swan, however she did not win the vote and therefore will have no chance to get a wild card into the quarter finals.

If this had been So You Think You Can Dance it would have been fantastic to see her dance again, and even pair up with Nobel Lakaev.

Her performance is below and it is well worth checking out.

The other performer who got through to the quarter finals last night was Drumstick a self taught dancer who is legally blind and partially deaf. He was good but as expected his technique was lacking, however it will be interesting to see what he does next.

Everybody Dance Now is on Network TEN at 8.00pm on Sunday.

1 Joseph Skyrim { 08.15.12 at 1:35 pm }

Beat the Streets were AWESOME. Good choreography and fantastic choice of music helped I think. Made me want to get up and dance! Definitely worthy of their standing ovation.

Also I was so happy to see Jason finally go “Man, I don’t need to convince the audience to vote for them.” That’s exactly right, and how it -should- be all the time.

I really don’t mind these two as judges, though it’s obvious Jason is quite new at this having to reuse his “keep something up my sleeve” line nightly so far, but its ok. I like the Kelly’s antics too, and how she breaks out into song mid-sentence. Heh. Also find it funny how she always glams up everynight while Jason shows up in sneakers, jeans and a singlet. πŸ˜›

Drumstick was ok and kind of impressive (though I still prefer eliminated hoop man Dave Coombs), but what I really want to know is what song he danced to. It’s a strangely haunting track.

2 TickledPink { 08.15.12 at 1:36 pm }

Hello RR!
I know Emily Seymour well, she is a family friend. She’s only 15 not 17 and dances well beyond her years. We were devastated that she didn’t get through but we know she will have an amazing career, maybe too talented for this show? Kelly has said she will support her & throw opportunities at her we just hope she comes through!

3 Reality Raver { 08.15.12 at 1:39 pm }

Tickled Pink – Only 15 years old – she had so much poise and maturity. Fantastic choreography and performance. Maybe the groups have more impact on stage than the soloists.

4 goem { 08.15.12 at 2:18 pm }

It was so pity that amazingly talented Emily Seymour couldn’t get through because she didn’t have a back problem to tell the audience like the other group did. The show should be called ‘everybody tell your problems now’.

5 Joseph Skyrim { 08.15.12 at 2:30 pm }

Emily was good, but she didn’t really pull out anything overly fantastic over the 5 ballerinas. Either way, Drumstick would have still beaten her had she made it.

goem – Yup. Almost every group has some sort of “problem” right? πŸ˜›

Doubly hard for individuals to make it against groups. Could be wrong, but I don’t think Drumstick can go much further. Did LOL @ Drumstick’s imitation of his parents though. Very funny.

6 Sue { 08.15.12 at 3:37 pm }

I agree – a mix between the two shows would be great. Actually just SYTYCD with groups as well as individuals. Nothing else from EDN as it SUCKS. Pretty bad when The Shire gets higher ratings!

7 Cherrell Seymour { 08.16.12 at 8:23 pm }

Hi there, just to let know Emily is my daughter and she is actually 15years not 17years,. Thanks for all your support.
Cherrell

8 Debs { 08.16.12 at 10:33 pm }

Love EDN. Fair judging by the audience. Emily Seymour looks to be a great dancer. Her costume was lovely but the choreo was dreadful. It looked like she made it up on the spot! She should’ve danced purely ballet, that would have displayed her true talent.

9 Nathan Seymour { 08.16.12 at 11:10 pm }

10 Portia { 08.17.12 at 9:27 am }

I can oly dream to have the poise and technical ability that Emily demonstrated. Her presence on screen was captivating! It’s sad we won’t see anymore of her on the show, but I’m sure we’ll hear about her again when she makes it big.

11 Debs { 08.17.12 at 9:31 am }

Good onya Nathan, you have a talented family! Tannous + Choice are a dynamic duo who obviously choreod an amazing routine. Presuming your sister is not Morgan Choice & one of the support dancers I think she is fortunate to have such wonderful teachers to mentor her and improve her choreography skills. Good luck for T+C in the finals.

12 doozlebug { 08.17.12 at 10:10 am }

My granddaughter watched in awe, as her 2nd cousin, Emily danced and a friend of hers was in tears. great things are destined for this young lady. Emily is amazing, talented and destined for great things. Keep an eye out fot this young lady she is certainly a star on the rise….. as Nathan her brother said”Don’t forget her equally as talented older sister Lauren Seymour who actually choreographed the dance for Emily and is also on EDN in the group tannos + choice.”