The Amazing Race Australia – And The Series Two Winners Are….

Shane and Andrew the two policemen from Victoria have taken out series two of The Amazing Race Australia.

The beat the alpha males, Paul and Steve, to the finish line which was on Fraser Island, with the Cheerleaders coming in third.

They take home $250,000. They are currently casting for Season Three of the show go here to apply.

Recap will be up later but please tell me your thoughts on the final leg here.

1 Ari { 08.16.12 at 2:18 am }

UGH did not like them from the start. They were so annoying. Also scared at why they’re cops to begin with. Paul and Steve should have won 100%. At least they didn’t u-turn people or counted numbers too loud it disadvantaged other teams.

PAUL AND STEVE FTW!

2 sue N { 08.16.12 at 6:27 am }

haven’t watched it yet, but just want to say that I am EXTREMELY happy that Paul & Steve DID NOT WIN!!! :) particularly Paul, who comes across as an arrogant a**e!

3 JK { 08.16.12 at 7:14 am }

Finally saw a full episode last night, mainly because they went to Brisbane! Yay!

I assume that Fraser Island was where they held everyone for seclusion? They must of cleared out the tourists for the filming though.

4 PollyB { 08.16.12 at 7:34 am }

The stand out was how emotional Grant Bowler was with this win. RR can you find out why he was so on board with these guys?
And I love the fashion sense of the ‘teacher’ with the orange jumper and bright pink hair accessories. I want that jumper!
Fraser Island looked beautiful but I have never understood how QLDer’s can allow the ripping up of this beautiful place with 4WD’s. No beach should be allowed to be driven on. Almost had me in tears.

5 librarygirl { 08.16.12 at 8:06 am }

Loved Shane and Andrew winning. Like Lucy and Emilia, they were fun to watch and not nasty to other teams or each other – I know tension makes good television but I liked the nice guys coming first.
That was a terrific series – the casting was excellent. Hope series 3 is done as well ( didn’t watch 1, but have watched a bit of the US version).

6 q { 08.16.12 at 8:50 am }

Satisfied with the result out of the 3 teams that were left. It’s a shame that ch7 left this show on a break as they had some momentem before the Olympics (1m viewers).
@pollyb yeah its a shame they can drive on the beach, but my guess.is that since Fraser island is made completely out of sand there is less issues with loss of sand dunes etc

7 Chunks { 08.16.12 at 9:35 am }

Pleased with the result but would have been just as happy for Paul and Steve to win too. All three teams thoroughly deserved to be in the final but the girls really melted in the spotlight on the last two nights. That performance with Paul in Boggo Road was pathetic.

God those memory and how well do you know each other puzzles are just maddening.

8 LB { 08.16.12 at 9:45 am }

A great series & great result – good to see nice guys finishing first!
Paul really needs to know the meaning of words before using them – we were crying laughing as he was banging on, over & over again about the cheerleader “ventilating” at him. Err, that would be venting.
And TAR was just around the corner from us at Boggo Rd!!

9 A.P { 08.16.12 at 9:48 am }

I watched the last bit as my daughter is up for a visit and has been following the series.
It was great to see the publicity for Fraser Island as I live close to that. In our local paper today it was all about it and how they had kept it all hush hush which they did.None of the locals knew about it.
Lake McKenzie looked awesome!
Here is the link to local news storyhttp://www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/story/2012/08/15/the-amazing-race-australia-final-fraser-island/

10 A.P { 08.16.12 at 9:56 am }
11 Sioux Denim { 08.16.12 at 11:37 am }

Didnt see that coming at all! Am pleased for the guys though on the win.

I love the editing on this show – really keeps you guessing and not knowing how long each team is behind each other.

I think the Cheersisters focussed too much on beating P&S that they really lost their focus….

12 chasingvegas { 08.17.12 at 9:22 am }

So funny how Paul was standing in the goal cell with Jo saying, why are you VENTILATING at me?? Haha, for someone who stated that they had a IQ that puts them in the top 2% of all Australian’s he should know how to speak english! I think you’ll find that the correct word is VENTING.

So happy to see them NOT win….Steve was great but he was unfortunately dragged down by Paul’s arrogance.

13 chasingvegas { 08.17.12 at 9:46 am }

Sorry LB – didn’t see that you had already referenced the ventilating comment!! too funny

14 Mahlia { 08.17.12 at 11:05 am }

I’m afraid to say that Paul is correct in his use of the word ventilating. Though we more often use the word vent. Ventilating is correct too.

15 sue N { 08.17.12 at 2:18 pm }

according to which dictionary was Paul correct in his use of the word “ventilate”???? I have looked up 3 and they all confirm he was wrong….

16 Lisa { 08.17.12 at 7:26 pm }

Mahlia is correct. Its not commonly used the way Paul said it but vent is basically the shortform of ventilate.
To expose to public discussion or examination: The students ventilated their grievances.
(v. t.) To sift and examine; to bring out, and subject to penetrating scrutiny; to expose to examination and discussion; as, to ventilate questions of policy.

17 KatInEurope { 08.17.12 at 8:06 pm }

So happy for the coppers – laughed a lot at them doing a U-ey on the bridge, but then saying it was “safe”. Plus them in the Chinese taxi all piled up. Well, if future contestants see that finale, they may well think that getting a free map from a car hire desk is a really good idea, as that won the guys the race. That pair, the sisters and the cheerleaders (who did blow up and lost the race due to being angry instead of concentrating, quite a shame) were the folks I liked through the series, I hope the next season is a well cast.
A Paul/Steve win would have been kinda ok as they had been front runners all season, but Paul kinda rubbed me up the wrong way, bit of a shame for Steve, he seemed quite personable – I liked his chopper hahahaha
And seeing Grant so happy too – he looked like he liked them both and was genuinely happy for them to have won, the coppers hadn’t had the best of luck during the season, especially with transport, but they learned and were also careful not to piss anyone off (including being OK when the girls burned them).
Good Aussie values? A win for them is certainly great marketing!

18 sue N { 08.17.12 at 9:23 pm }

I stand corrected- yes the less common (read-obscure!) use is as the “genius” said it- it still sounded dumb, and he is still arrogant. Just as well he loves himself, as I can’t imagine many others do!

& I am still happy anyone bar Paul won- a pity for his partner, but hey- he teamed up with him!