Big Brother Australia – The Groups Are Starting To Form
The housemates have shown that lock a small group of people in a compound and they will take on behaviours of chimpanzees. They have started preening and primiping each other as well as breaking up into small groups.
What is interesting about human behaviour is that even with a small group of people living together for three days and they can not live in unity. Hierarchies and groups are already forming. Like Survivor the housemates know that to ensure they are not nominated they need an alliance and they need to ensure someone is below them on the food chain.
This is the reason I watch the show, the human interaction and game playing not the getting up in silly clothes and dancing. However if this makes them tired and on edge I am fine with that, as it means they will let their guard down more.
Unfortunately for Bradley he currently appears to be at the bottom of the food chain. For him reality TV appears to be the same as real life. After the initial excitement of being in the house his awkward personality has meant he has pissed Stacey off by saying she looked older than the other girls her age.
This led to a number of the housemates bitching about him in the bathroom. However Stacey decided to continue to mind f**k him in the bedroom and you could see he was confused to what games she was playing. I like Stacey however if she continues to use Bradley as blood sport she may put the viewer off side.
A few other quick thoughts on the episode:
- Ryan who is used to being an alpha male outside the house because of his looks, appears to not be gelling with the housemates, not sure at this stage whether it is personality or just that he is not that bright. When Big Brother asked him how many chapters there were to him, all I could think of was a blank page.
- The housemates first attempt at discussing politics did not show any great insights into the topic. Estelle decided she needed to stop talking about it as she could “talk about it all night”. Oh yes Estelle is the claytons intellectual in the house.
- Charne again was missing in action but she revealed later to Ben she was keeping out of all the shenanigans, but in the end will this isolate her from the group and make her a target?
- Zoe has a mega crush on George and since she has told all the girls if one of them rains on her parade it could get ugly and once it is revealed he is the millionaire see them flock.
- Speaking of romance Estelle and Josh look like they might hook up.
- Finally if this week’s task to get rewards stuff up it will be Michael. He looked particularly underwhelmed about winning a gym.
What dynamics are you observing in the house?