Big Brother – The Men’s Secrets Revealed

Less than a week in the house and Estelle and Ryan have hooked up. This backs up my theory that she is a  faux intellectual as she has now paired up with the dumbest guy in the house.

The strategy of them getting together could back fire. As it has now been revealed he has not had a girlfriend since he was eleven, therefore he clearly has commitment issues as he revealed he doesn’t make it past the first date. Or maybe he has a weird vibe and the girls don’t want to go for date two.

It could be ugly if things go wrong as there is nowhere to hide in that compound. They will be both trying to get the other out of the house.

Also both Brad and Josh have a crush on Estelle they might decided to do a revenge nomination to get Ryan or Estelle out.

As the girls lost the secrets challenge they are the ones up for nomination this week. I suspect Charne will be nominated as she has admitted she feels like she is back in school and not in the clique. She also revealed that she felt Michael had stereotyped her from the moment they met. Which was interesting considering he was peeved when Benjamin called him a bogan.

She also said she felt she needed to do something to get the groups attention. Unfortunately playing the trumpet at Brad’s 19th birthday party did not cut it.

It is interesting the family version is not showing how much are drinking of alcohol is going on, but clearly there was a bit going down the hatchet as some of them appeared to be slightly intoxicated. This may have been a factor in Estelle and Ryan getting together. Hopefully the viewer will see more of the hook up on Big Brother Confidential on Wednesday night.

It was interesting there was five in a bed, something that would not be conducive for a good night sleep but it would make you feel a part of the group. I wonder what Angie who was lying next to Estelle and Ryan was thinking of it all. It is a wonder she did not say get your own bed.

Even though Brad had a great party, he ended up in a bed on his lonesome, and also with another guy snogging his crush.

The girls were close in being safe from nomination, however with two guys left standing they decided that Benjamin was the secret millionaire. This was incorrect. It will be interesting to see if the girls will be all over George now that his wealth has been revealed. Zoe looked shocked, though not sure whether it was because of her crush being revealed to being rich and she now knew she would have more competition for him, or the fact she was at risk of going home.

For those wondering here were the secrets:

• Michael was the genius – though he then revealed his IQ was 136, which would not get him into Mensa, but probably does make him a genius compared to others in the house;
  • Brad has the bird phobia due to an ostrich attack;
  • Josh has dated over 100 women;
  • Ryan has not had a girlfriend since he was eleven;
  • Ray was a juvenile offender as he had gotten in with the wrong crowd;
  • George was the millionaire; and
  • Ben has been sacked from every job he has had.

The girls secrets have now been revealed and the boys will have to guess them next week. Theirs are:

• I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
  • I was a champion weightlifter
  • I am a high school dropout
  •  I was a nude protester
  •  I used to be an emo
  •  I was a hand model
  •  I am a member of a Royal Family

The nominations are on tomorrow night and it will be interesting to see who is up. Charne definitely, and possibly Zoe, and Sarah.

1 Isabel { 08.20.12 at 7:53 am }

Royalty? Must be from some very distant, non existent European principality, or small Pacific island kingdom! Likening any of those girls to royality is a bit like Victoria Beckham calling herself Posh, because posh she certainly isn’t.

I’ll give this programme a few more nights and then that’s it.

2 Darryl { 08.20.12 at 8:04 am }

Already spoilers out there about who is royalty and who was nude protester. Check out http://www.behindbigbrother.com

3 moby dick { 08.20.12 at 8:38 am }

these secrets are lame. i thought it was an emu attack?

4 A.P { 08.20.12 at 8:56 am }

The whole show is falling a bit flat, very boring. I know someone who was there last night who said the enthusiasm just wasn’t there.
BTW, I seem to have missed the daily show as apparently it was on GO, followed by the live show at 6.30 on channel 9. Does anyone know if it will always be on GO or is it just me being in a regional area? I think it may be repeated today at 5-6pm.
Thanks Darryl for that link . No real surprise there really.
I’m still sticking with this show but don’t know for how much longer, and I used to be a big fan in the good old days. Bring back Reggie and Gretel I say!

5 Reality Raver { 08.20.12 at 9:07 am }

Darryl – those boys at Behind Big Brother are good.

Isabel- looks like you are on the money re: royalty.

Moby Dick – Well at least it was not Ozzie Ostrich…..

Andrea – Don’t you get it on GO at 6pm? Maybe the elimination live ep will have more zing.

6 Culinary Boner { 08.20.12 at 9:20 am }

Every single bloody Saturday night from 1984 to 1999.
No fucking wonder…
“Brad has the bird phobia due to an ostrich attack”*

* though, to be fair, Plucka Duck deserves to be fingered for its share in this tragic case of psychological damage

7 A.P { 08.20.12 at 9:24 am }

RR, yes it was on GO last night but I didn’t know it was, I was only looking at the live show on 9.

8 The Oracle { 08.20.12 at 9:51 am }

Didn’t watch last night but just gleaning from RR’s review, the “musical beds” have already started. Were we really so naive to think that this “revamped” BB(yer right) might just escape the previous season’s bed hopping? Obviously not..will be interesting to see what BB Confidential has to offer..any interest I may have had in the show is fast waning..and at a 7pm timeslot there’s no way my kids would be watching this.

9 Trent { 08.20.12 at 10:34 am }

This is the first series that i feel like i dont know any of the housemates. A 40 minute show % 14 housemates averages out to 2.8 Mins of air time for each housemate. I am so so so disapointed. I know i am the millionth person to say this but we can not engage and love these housemates if we get 2Mins of footage per day. BRING BACK UPLATE!

10 A.P { 08.20.12 at 11:44 am }

I agree Trent, I don’t know them yet either, as you said we only see a few minutes each on them if we’re lucky! I don’t even know most of the girls’ names yet, they are all too alike!
Sonia said last night that there would be an uplate version on Wed. night so will have to check that out.

11 spoiler { 08.20.12 at 12:23 pm }

Angie was a champion weightlifter… come to think of it she was also a high school dropout

12 Sioux Denim { 08.20.12 at 12:25 pm }

Such lame secrets………. giving this show another week.

13 Suziekue { 08.20.12 at 1:11 pm }

lol @ Isobel – reminds me of the old joke about the tourist who found what he thought was a royal artifact in a Persion tomb and took it back to the London museum for identification. He said to the curator “I think I’ve found the petrified penis of a past popular Persian Prince!” To which the curator replied ” Um no, in fact you’ve found the crystallised cr*ap of some creep who crept into the crypt, cr*apped and crept out again”.

Which sort of sums up pretty much how I feel about this year’s BB.

14 brain dead dave { 08.20.12 at 1:20 pm }

It is what it is. Ch9 have made the bed, the viewers will have to lie in it.

Nice one,Suziekue. A good housemate would be armed with a few of these:

An Alabama pastor said to his congregation, “Someone in this congregation has spread a rumor that I belong to the Ku Klux Klan. This is a horrible lie and one which a Christian community cannot tolerate. I am embarrassed and do not intend to accept this. Now, I want the party who said this to stand and ask forgiveness from God and this Christian family.”

No one moved.

The preacher continued, “Do you have the nerve to face me and admit this is a falsehood? Remember, you will be forgiven and in your heart you will feel glory. Now stand and confess your transgression.”

Again, all was quiet.

Then, slowly, a drop-dead gorgeous blonde with a body that would stop a runaway train, rose from the third pew. Her head was bowed and her voice quivered as she spoke, “Reverend there has been a terrible misunderstanding. I never said you were a member of the Ku Klux Klan. I simply told a couple of my friends that you were a wizard under the sheets.”

The preacher fell to his knees, his wife fainted, and the congregation roared.

You can date a hundred women, but that doesn’t make you a wizard under the sheets.

15 Culinary Boner { 08.20.12 at 1:49 pm }

I am a member of a Royle Family –

A more than passing resemblance to Mr & Mrs Boner

16 Reality Raver { 08.20.12 at 2:10 pm }

CB- Well Mrs Boner looks like a foxy lady.

BDD and Suzikue great jokes.

17 Culinary Boner { 08.20.12 at 2:14 pm }

Raver, that she be.
But no comments on my hirsute charms, sense of style and overall suaveness?
Or have I left you speechless?

18 Isabel { 08.20.12 at 4:54 pm }

Gorjus, CB!

19 Culinary Boner { 08.20.12 at 6:13 pm }

Thanks Isabel.
I’m also somewhat chuffed that my full-some beard and glasses have apparently started a hipster fashion revolution. Who’d’ve thunk it?

20 Culinary Boner { 08.20.12 at 6:16 pm }
21 Anonymous { 08.21.12 at 7:12 pm }

i cant belive an electrisian is a millionare

22 Anon { 08.29.12 at 3:31 pm }

Am I the only one who realizes that an IQ of 136 is not a genius, it’s gifted, but not genius. Therefore Michael is clearly not a genius cause he doesn’t even know he’s not a genius, he should be booted out for lying.

23 brain dead dave { 08.29.12 at 3:44 pm }

Point taken. It’s hard to know if these secrets aren’t being pumped up by the show itself , though. For example, these seemed exaggerated-

*Charne’s- professed “OCD”
*Layla’s being a member of the Royal Family.

I always thought a genius would be able to figure out how to use a hair brush or cover their butt crack myself.