The Shire – Has It Turned Into Seinfield?
The Shire has appeared to have morphed into Seinfield as it truly is a show about nothing. The plot lines are scant and the conversations banal.
The highlights are the Vernesa and Sophie’s, muppets Statler and Warldof type commentary. Their scenes were set in Sophie’s beauty salon and there was a back shot of a person who had the same hair as the girl in the scrag fight the girls got into last week.
One of the characters missing in action is Rif Raf, he has not been sighted since the first episode.
Tonight on The Shire:
- Tegan and Andy were still trying to lure the viewer into thinking there may be a romance however there is no chemistry.
- The viewer finally saw Tegan sing, and to put it politely the chair would not be turning around for her on The Voice.
- At the party there is Stephanie from speed dating and she is apparently a former Labor Party candidate for Cronulla. If this is Shine’s revenge on all the grief the Sutherland Shire Mayor gave them it is a good one. Not sure Stephanie’s political career will take off after this.
- The pregnancy plot line continue with dumb boyfriend say how he was not ready to have a baby, however if she just bought a pregnancy test we could end this non-plotline. She is not pregnant.
- Mitch turned 24 had a party, then in the middle of it his mother gave him a letter from his father. His dad who has not bothered to see him since he was four wrote how he had heard he had changed his name from his but it did not bother him as he had his blood running though him. What a dead beat dad? If that is the only thing he can think about writing in a letter to his son he has not seen in two decades don’t bother meeting him; and
- Beckaa was supporting her best friend Stacey who was getting up the courage to tell his mum he is gay, they seem very sweet together, and Beckaa actually looked attractive when she was wearing slacks and a singlet with her new brown hair. Go figure.