Big Brother Australia – Post Nominations Blues

Tonight was the night where there was the fall out from the nominations, Estelle had a quick weep on Sarah’s shoulder, Charne bitched about how she missed being with people that got her, and Layla seemed OK, and told Josh she was not going change how she acts.

It appeared Estelle had thought her clique or alliance would make her safe. She will get a shock when she realises her so called friend Angie flicked her three points.

It appears to me they are setting Charne up for the elimination. Tonight we finally saw her over the top cleaning tendencies and her lack of bonding with the other housemates, and if she does have OCD which it certainly looks like that would explain why she is finding it difficult to adjust to the inside.

The task the housemates have this week to get their luxury food budget is to ride a motorbike across Australia with one person in the side car at all times. I thought it strange that Big Brother did not make them ride overnight but shut it down due to lack of visibility. Now that would have been interesting to see how and who did the night shift.

Ryan and Benjamin were paired up on the bike and were playing I Spy  and  Benjamin said “….something beginning with M” we never found out what it was but I suspecting M for Moron and yes Ryan that is you.

When he was playing he gave a P to Benjamin and in the end he confessed it was power pole but then realised there was none there. This guy can barely articulate a sentence, even to Big Brother when he was telling him how he felt about Estelle. He really likes her and hopefully we will see what they have been getting up to tonight on Big Brother Confidential.

He is not the only one with Bradley has been stalking Estelle around the house. In the end Josh told to back off a bit.

Also last night Big Brother introduced the talking fish Surly to Michael which was kind of funny when Michael was trying to work out what was going on. Surly told Michael to hug all the housemates in ten minutes then he would be let into a new room.

Michael did this to all including a screeching Charne “Don’t hug me” and he was told how to access the luxury bathroom off the bedroom. What I would like to know was how he managed to spend so long away without anyone noticing and I can only presume that once he was in the bathroom the secret door slid shut. Anyway it must have been a nice respite for him.

Sarah also showed how she sold cars to people by getting all saucy and doing a Seal, which is rubbing herself against inanimate objects. Also it appear Sarah is a hard core vegetarian and keeps on talking about how they skin animals. It is a wonder her and animal rights protester Estelle are not bonding better over this issue, however Estelle eats meat. Sarah’s being a zealot in this regard might see her getting the other housemates off side if she is talking about it too much.

Benjamin is a lot of fun, however he was not having any when he was sent to the naughty corner for speaking without his microphone on. He spent about 2 hours there cleaning chewing gum off thongs. Harsh and long punishment for what appeared to be an accidental indiscretion.

Big Brother is on tonight at 7pm, and Big Big Brother Confidential is on each Wednesday night at 10pm.

1 Bolders { 08.22.12 at 10:18 am }

I am catching a few episodes here and there because I am a pessimist and this fits in with my view of the world.

I have to say that Michael The Grot is getting on my nerves especially as he seems to be getting a lot of air time and TEN insists on airing the tweets from the twits who like him. His hair, his ass which he insists on displaying all day every day, his stupid observations and the fact that everyone flocks to him on the basis that he, allegedly, has a high IQ – are sufficient indicators of all that is wrong.

Re the IQ – a few years ago scientists in America taught a gorilla how to communicate via sign language. It was impressive.

But it was still a gorilla.

2 planb { 08.22.12 at 10:30 am }

Is this show now geared to five year olds? I thought the last season on Ten was excruciating, but this one is so peurile. All these dull people mugging and hamming it up for the cameras, and now a talking fish. They’ve stolen the fish’s voice from the Mighty Boosh.

Charne and Ben are the only housemates of vague interest to me and good old Nine is heaving Charne out with a shovel, so it can focus on B-Rad and these teenybopper faux-romance storylines. Vomvom.

3 brain dead dave { 08.22.12 at 11:01 am }

Give the money to Surly…he’s the only one in the house not acting like a fish out of water. He stole the show.

I don’t put a lot of prestige to high IQ scores. It can mean that one is merely good at doing the tests. Charles Manson had a high IQ….why not put him in the house? The more tests one does the higher the scores tend to get. Michael reminds me of the guitar player in Spinal Tap..with builder’s crack. For all Michael’s alleged smarts , it appears that dumbass Ryan is getting plenty of attention and camera time as he searches for a pussy riot.

4 Sioux Denim { 08.22.12 at 11:49 am }

BDD – hilarious – give Surly the money!

I wondered too how Michael explained his absence – probably said he was in the Diary Room.

Well we finally did get to see what Charne gets up to all day – bloody cleaning – man, wouldnt you go in their to relax/chill – obviously not – reckon she might be a goner – which is disappointing as I agree that her and Ben seem to be the only characters in the house.

5 Bolders { 08.22.12 at 11:50 am }

But Ryan doesnt make me puke when he’s on screen.

All I think about when Michael shows up is his hair in my food and his ass on the couch.

Totally up for the fish getting the prize money. Just need TEN to put his phone details up.

6 A.P { 08.22.12 at 4:51 pm }

Surly is awesome! The voice reminded me of Mel Gibson in “The Beaver”, I thought it was quite funny.
Obviously the producers think Michael is hilarious and deserves to star along with Surly with lots of laughs. I couldn’t understand either how no one noticed he was gone for so long, and when he left the bathroom , how did he know that no one was in the bedroom to see the sliding door open?
On the first day in the house I remember that two girls noticed that door and were trying to push it open until BB told them to stop so it won’t be long until they put two and two together.
It would be interesting to see how many people so far have voted to save Charne to see if she’s popular with the viewers. I for one don’t want her gone yet before the other boring girls.
Sioux Denim, its a bit like Survivor, there are always the lazy ones who sit around doing nothing and then the hard workers like Charne who prefer to keep busy.

7 Sioux Denim { 08.22.12 at 4:57 pm }

Heh AP – your right, all Reality shows do have a Survivor instinct in them all!

8 Anonymous { 08.22.12 at 5:03 pm }

Michael just grosses me out. He may have a high IQ doing tests but low IQ on class. He obviously plays up to the camera and did from he moment he went into the house..I’m sick of the unkempt hair and him mooning his crack all the time..yuk!.His score from me: zero!

9 A.P { 08.22.12 at 5:03 pm }

Exactly! The lazy ones should be grateful to Charne for doing everything and should just sit back and relax and let her do her thing!.If she goes they will have to do it all and it will serve them right!
Don’t know why she was a bit funny over the hugging incident though. Maybe she can’t stand Michael?

10 brain dead dave { 08.22.12 at 5:15 pm }

Charne, Estelle and Layla have to cook dinner for the others tonight. It could be interesting but it might not be.

Hopefully there’ll be some leftovers for $urly, but he might get lucky and have someone throw up in his tank. Isn’t it time for Sarah to chain herself to $urly’s tank as a protest of the oppressive conditions he’s being kept under? Assuming $urly’s a male (he might have a “secret”)

Seriously, $urly is such a juvenile device. He reminds me of Jup Jup from Hi 5.

The way it looks, Southern Star Endemol have done mixed up their paperwork and graphics. It’s $urly with the genius IQ and Michael is the stunned mullet.

Maybe Charne’s reluctance to be hugged is OCD, germ phobia related behaviour.

11 Daze { 08.22.12 at 5:44 pm }

bdd and AP yes, not everyone likes to be hugged by ‘strangers’ I mean, they haven’t been in the house a long time to be best buddies, so I get that a bit. Plus Michael is the opposite in personal hygiene to her – we are talking the hair here.

Also with dominating the kitchen (the inmates biggest gripe about VaVa) btw, noticed no one refers to her as that in the house – beside it being a bit OTT its also a bit of a martyr trip – ‘why do I have to scrub the loos all the time, sigh’ – she does get that pout on her face as she stomps around with detergents etc. Seems she is quite territorial about the kitchen, cooking, cleaning – so it will be interesting if she gets voted out if the balance share the duties or bemoan the fact their cleaner has gone. I think she will go, she doesn’t fit in at all with the little cliques and possibly another reason she likes to keep busy and away from them.

RR I think we need a new Poll for BB now that MCAllstars is way gone, thanks

12 Reality raver { 08.22.12 at 5:49 pm }

These comments gave me a much needed laugh. Day 3 of no carbs, sugar or grog and I am in a world of pain. Point taken Daze will pop up a new poll

13 Morgan { 08.22.12 at 6:07 pm }

I honestly won’t give this another watch until Ryan is evicted.

14 Daze { 08.22.12 at 6:08 pm }

You are doing well; Day 3!!! yay
wish I could do no sugar (chocs, diet coke) carbs (pasta toast) so I feeeel for you, hang in there, they say it only takes a few days (weeks?) to change habits and rid cravings.

15 A.P { 08.22.12 at 9:39 pm }

Another dumb girl tonight! “Can’t remember the word I’m thinking of BB, is it chaperone?”
BB to Layla “You were a very gracious host tonight Layla”
Layla to BB ” Thanks BB, er, what does gracious mean?”
-Sorry, couldn’t wait for next recap before saying how dumb I think Layla is! I’m sure some of these housemates are rejects from The Shire!