I Will Survive – The First Elimination
I Will Survive continued in Dubbo with Matt, Sean and Frank at risk of elimination.
The episode was enjoyable but there appeared to be a fair bit of filler in it. The boys having a game of rugby, interviewing the make up artists and the bottom three boys having a slap up Chinese meal with Hugh Sheridan.
You get the feeling it was a lot of fun to make, but sometimes in the episode it felt like you weren’t quite getting the joke and everybody else was.
The boys had to perform in drag as entertainment at a rugby match, plus do an acting improv at the local pub picking up a girl.
A few quick thoughts about the episode:
- Some of the guys in the improv scene were struggling as they could not work out how to pick up someone without Grindr;
- Nathan mistook the challenge to not a pick up a girl but to improvise a scene from Pretty Woman considering he just walked up to her and offered cash;
- With only thirty seconds to impress it should have been best pick up line challenge and Matt won with his. However there was no prize unless it really was that martini host Hugh Sheridan was offering;
- Kelly Abbey is always a welcome addition to any reality TV show, she would have made a great judge on Everybody Dance Now, but she was probably glad she had dodged that bullet;
- At first glance I wondered what was the green stuff in Sean’s ziplock bag before seeing they were tablets;
- Again Stephan Elliot was a highlight, but to be honest are any of them really qualified to judge on singing voices? Only Jason sings and I use that term very loosely.
- The problem with the drag that once the boys are in their costumes it is hard to identify who is who;
- Some of the singing was again it bit dodgy, but on the plus side the viewer got to see most of the practised routine, in this case Girls Just Want To Have Fun.
- In the end Sean Perez was the first person eliminated from the show clearly him being sick did not help, but Frank was very lucky to avoid getting the chop.
Network TEN will be hoping more viewers have watched it tonight with just over 500,000 watching it last night.
I Will Survive is on Network Ten Tuesday and Wednesday night at 7.30pm.