Big Brother Confidential Moved To PG And Are NINE Struggling For Footage?

In what must surely be one of the controversial programming decisions this week is news that Big Brother Confidential is going to move to a PG timeslot.

TV Tonight reports NINE will be moving the show 10pm Wednesday screening to 8pm Thursday.

This won’t please fans, including me, who thought the first version of Confidential was pretty lame content wise.

However you would think they would need to use adult content as a source says the house is quite boring and they are having to scrape footage together. Apparently there is some frustration on set of the family friendly focus of the show.

What is the point of having Estelle and Ryan snuggled up in a private room if we don’t get to see anything or if Josh and Angie have actually canoodled

NINE need to realise that they are not filming a Harvard University think tank, but a bunch of young, average people impounded in a house with camera’s on them for months on end. I don’t get why NINE are so scared of a bit of adult action.

Big Brother Confidential will now just be an extension of the other daily episodes except with fancy graphics.

Big Brother Confidential is on Thursday night’s at 8pm.

1 Isabel { 08.24.12 at 1:36 pm }

What will happen to FWAF?

2 A.P { 08.24.12 at 1:37 pm }

I don’t know either why channel 9 are afraid of a bit of adult content, after all, look at the stuff that gets through with” Underbelly” with its violence, bad language and nudity , and” Howzatt” with all the swearing.
Big Brother is not that bad by comparison, I’d probably be more concerned about the violence and language of the other shows if children are watching.

3 Reality Raver { 08.24.12 at 1:48 pm }

AP – Good point re: nudity on Underbelly at one stage it was obligatory on that show to have a sex scene every 15 minutes.

Isabel – I presume that will go to once a week.

Quite frankly I am a bit pissed off with this swapping and changing and I keep a fairly close eye on the guide but for the average TV goer it must be very confusing indeed.

4 Cookie { 08.24.12 at 1:56 pm }

I wouldn’t be surprised if they a.) gathered up some intruders to enter the house real soon or b.) don’t make it to the end of their filming schedule, wrap up early and call it a day. They’re just too boring. They need to someone like Charlotte from Geordie Shore on there!

5 brain dead dave { 08.24.12 at 2:08 pm }

Ch 9 are only too happy to flog their near naked shots of Prince Harry at all hours of the viewing day, however..

I also don’t get why Nine aren’t getting a little risque with Con-fidential. It’s not like the intelligence and personalities of this year’s crop of wannabes are enough to sustain interest. So far, an episode of Play School would be edgier.

The chopping and changing with programming is annoying, too. You need water, a map and a horse to follow the superb The Shire around ,for example.

I’ve got the first two or three Underbelly DVD’s and the nudity has been toned down a great deal on the current series.

6 Sioux Denim { 08.24.12 at 2:47 pm }

Man they should have stayed with 10 – the Puberty Blues strip poker scene the other night was hilarious – more tits at 8.30pm timeslot than we got on this show!

7 kess { 08.24.12 at 4:29 pm }

Yeah why are 9 such wimps?
I mean they don’t give a crap what those morons do on the Footy Show, and they let karl turn up drunk in the mornings so whatis the big deal with giving us some adult conversation at least.

8 Morgan { 08.24.12 at 5:20 pm }

I hope Ch10 can get the rights for BB back for next year, surely they have seen how much Ch9 has wrecked it!

9 Isabel { 08.24.12 at 6:01 pm }

Channel 10 have had so many failures this year, perhaps they’d wreck BB as well. I have to say it’s a great disappointment – they all talk a lot but say absolutely nothing constructive!

10 The Oracle { 08.24.12 at 9:29 pm }

This show has officially in my opinion gone to crapola.What was that 30 mins tonight…??? Ryan was told no party..aaaw..that’s it!.Dud format..no “vibe” like early BB’s…dud housemates..dud ideas.. obvious by the lack of interest/comments on this site as well as others..over and out for me …

11 Gidgit { 08.24.12 at 9:39 pm }

Well judging by the general twitter feed – it’s mostly kids watching it. Either that or drooling morons…or us lot who watch it to take the piss. I’m guessing Ch 9 are not going to pander to us sarcastic lot – so they are selling it to their main audience. 12 – 19 year olds. At least I HOPE some of those tweets are from 12 year olds – because otherwise as my mother said to me, and I say now – I weap for our future.

Example tweet “Look…it’s Ryan” Yep – stating the bleeding obvious has never been more fucking dull.

12 Reality Raver { 08.24.12 at 10:16 pm }

The Oracle – They did not want to give Ryan a party on a low rating Friday night episode was my guess, and it is confirmed now by the @BBAUlive twitter feed they are having a party tonight so it will be on Sunday night’s ep. Doing recap now.

Gidgit – PMSL at your dull tweet example.

13 Ari { 08.24.12 at 10:25 pm }

Channel 9 wanted people to have “intelligent conversations”. Too bad no one really has had a real intelligent conversation. Big Brother needs to stir things up a little. And the show needs to be edgier. Channel 10 did a great job of it. I’m sure Big Brother/s have seen ‘The Truman Show’?

14 Gidgit { 08.25.12 at 12:58 am }

@Ari Don’t get me started on that film The Truman Show – I actually wrote a whole article about how that whole film does not make sense, no one would watch it – and has more holes than swiss cheese!

@RR – cheers lovely

End of the day I’m specially HARSH on this new Ch 9 version of BB – 1. Because I was excited about this piece of shit as I thought they were putting a diverse range of people in there as in age, occupation, types etc. And if they defend their choice by saying ‘well, we have a vegetarian and a meat eater – and a nerd and a gay person’ – well that is NOT diverse – that is the call centre at Telstra! Fuck off Ch 9 and get your hand off it. You lied to us, and may have good ratings now but you are pulling a Steve Bradbury – there is nothing on really and people are either watching it because they have only just learnt to spell their own name – or to rip on it.

The other reason I’m harsh on it as I’m watching Celebrity Big Brother from the UK – and so far after only one week it’s been CRAZY with a scrawny nobody who rooted Simon Cowell going mental – like full on ‘put that skinny cow in an asylum’ crazy – as well as bitch fights, fun challenges – and some old broad from a soap that looks like Hoggle from Labyrinth – and one of the most gorgeous girls with one of easily the best bodies I’ve seen – Danica. Sure she’s a ho, but damn she is a fine looking one. Then Julian Clarey with his smart arse comments. See – that is what you get when you put OLDER people in a house together, with some young ones – DIVERSITY! Please make me produer of the next season Ch 9. I’ll have this show so popular people from overseas will be talking about it!

15 Reality Raver { 08.25.12 at 1:13 am }

Gidgit – no doubt you would. I just went and checked out the cast in fact it skews older. And oh my God Martin Kemp is in the house from Spandau ballet. Also The Situation is in there being a douche I expect.

16 Gidgit { 08.25.12 at 3:51 am }

Loving Martin Kemp – do not like most of the women. Not because they are women…just because they all have no sense of humour. Anyone loses me with no sense of humour. Suprising the ‘situation’ is one of the more calm people in the house. He’s thick as shit – don’t get me wrong – but he’s fitting in quite well I guess. Just shows all that Jeresy Shore behaviour was a complete act really!

17 Stacey { 08.25.12 at 9:08 am }

BB on ch9 was never going to work in a family-friendly format. They shouldve called it Big Brother X and made it completely shameless. It needed to be taken to the next level, not toned down.

18 Fred { 08.27.12 at 1:47 am }

Anyone in Australia attempting to hosts the rights to Big Brother is going to have issues. True Big Brother fans want a “tits and all” programme. However, everytime BB in the past has been a little risque, the conservatives get up in arms and TV licences are threatened. It seems they can cope with actors in a TV show doing virtually anything, as that is seen as make believe. However, not “seemingly normal” people being filmed.

19 John Goodwin { 08.30.12 at 5:47 pm }

If the producers don’t up the raunch factor,it’ll be relegated to the wasteland of Channel GO in no time!!

20 Maddie { 08.30.12 at 8:50 pm }

This confidential show is sooo crap, it makes me cringe watching it! Last time I’ll be tuning in.

21 John { 08.30.12 at 9:06 pm }

Couldn’t agree more Maddie…they’re just SO desperately trying to make something out of absolutely NOTHING !!!

22 John { 08.30.12 at 10:41 pm }

Confidential…well they got the “con” bit right anyway !!