The Shire – Cast Member Charged Over Homophobic Attack

Another week and another The Shire scandal and this time it is the guys. Daniel “Folksey” Folkes is the cast member involved in this latest fracas.  Yes I also thought which f**king character are you, and I have watched all episodes.

Anyway the SMH reporting he has been reported for a homophobic attack. Two other casts members were involved but it is unclear whether they have been arrested. Though the article does mention “Jye” may have also been charged.

The article states:

A CAST member of the reality TV show The Shire has been charged following an alleged homophobic attack in Surry Hills on Thursday night that also involved two other cast members.

Daniel ”Folkesy” Folkes, 24, was arrested shortly before midnight after allegedly urinating on a man while the two other cast members, aged 27 and 28, abused him with homophobic insults.

The three men were out celebrating a birthday when they began attacking a man who was sitting alone on steps near the corner of Riley Street and Goulbourn Street, police say.

”The trio fled but were located a short time later by police on the corner of Oxford Street and Riley Street,” a police spokeswoman said. ”The three men were then issued a move-on notice. However two of them allegedly continued to argue with police and didn’t comply.”

Folkes allegedly resisted arrest while bragging to police that he was a star on the reality TV show. He was then taken to City Central Police Station and charged with offensive language, offensive behaviour and resist arrest. He will appear before the Downing Centre Local Court on September 17.

The 28-year-old cast member, ”Jye,” was arrested and taken to Surry Hills Police Station where he was fined for verbally abusing the man, police said.

Representatives from Channel 10 and The Shire did not want to comment about the alleged incident.

You know something is not right when Beckaa is starting to look like the wholesome cast member in the show.

1 brain dead dave { 08.25.12 at 1:06 am }

While CH 10 can’t be blamed for this appalling incident , they could do the right thing by the community and name ,sack these guys and distance themselves as much as possible from them.

2 Reality Raver { 08.25.12 at 1:17 am }

BDD – I expect there contracts have ended and there won’t be new ones because the show will not be renewed. If the cameras had been on all these fights the cast had been in maybe they would have had a hit on their hands. Hope ACA gets the video footage of this one as well. What type of human beings do this?

3 brain dead dave { 08.25.12 at 1:31 am }

Re what type of human beings do this, the general profile of a ‘gay-basher’…is a young male, often acting together with other young males, all of whom are strangers to the victim(s). Can come from any socio- economic background.

I guess there’ll be some CCTV footage of what happened for the police to work with.

4 Culinary Boner { 08.25.12 at 7:49 am }

When I was a youngsta, back last century when Ronnie Raygun was in his first-term trigger-happy phase, the small minority of retards I knew from the local pubs who engaged in homophobic behaviour actually turned out to be gay, but in denial.

5 Morgan { 08.25.12 at 10:57 am }

Who is this guy again? I haven’t watched this show relgiously but he certainly dosen’t seem like one of the big characters.

6 Ari { 08.25.12 at 12:09 pm }

I’m just really puzzled. WHO IS THIS GUY? I suspect another steamy “news” story from ‘A Current Affair’ about this.

7 Gidgit { 08.25.12 at 2:53 pm }

So I’m guessing Ch 10 will not be combining The Shire with I Will Survive?
It just makes me sad when there is this type of violence – especially moron boofheads obviously insecure and dealing with their own inner homosexual demons – needing to beat up a lone man because they think he’s ‘a queer’.
Here’s hoping all three end up doing some time in jail and drop the soap while showing – a lot!
Oh, and can we can this show now. It’s a scummy show with scummy people doing scummy things. If I want to see that I’ll watch Toddlers and Tiara’s.

8 Naomi { 08.25.12 at 7:30 pm }

isn’t this turkey the guy that seemed to have issues with Kerry for stealing his “mate” whatever his name is away from him?

Idiocy is one thing for this show but this is disgraceful!

9 Georgie { 08.26.12 at 8:37 am }

“I’m a star on a reality show”. Yeah but you ‘Folkes’ aren’t acting, you’re being yourselves.

I guess whether you’re a rising star or a falling star, depends on what you make of your opportunity and that was the wrong move dickhead.