Big Brother Australia – Charne Eliminated, And George And Layla Hooking Up

Friday’s episode we saw Michael and Layla sleeping in a bed together, last night at Ryan’s party it was fait accompli amongst the house mates that George and Layla liked each other and they ended up snogging. Did any viewer see that coming?

Where was the build up to this plot line on the show? I even scrolled through the @BBaulive twitter feed going back to Wednesday to see if there were any hints dropped. There were none.

Sarah was bitching to Benjamin how Layla had not cared that Zoe had liked George and had just moved in on him. Interesting in the twitter feed there is a tweet with Zoe saying she set them up together!

Also I note Sarah and Benjamin don’t slag George off for cutting Michael’s grass, or is that OK for guys to do that to each other?

Ryan did finally get a birthday party which was all about him and Hollywood Glamour. The girls were all dressed up and the other guys were paparazzi taking photos of Ryan! Then the housemates got to see modelling shots of Ryan. Finally Ryan had something to talk about. He is so thick he did not realise Michael was taking the piss out of him with the poses.

There appeared to be a quantity of alcohol given to get the party started.

And it started the romance of George and Layla. Since she is related to a member of a royal family and he is rich it would follow hundred of years tradition where impoverished royalty married rich commoners to restore the family fortune. Will this happen here? They are both lovely.

By the way on this episode we saw more hooking up than on Big Brother Confidential, also I note the 6.00pm GO episode on Sunday night has been canned.

Bradley also appears to be rubbing people the wrong way, as his social skills are not quite as polished as the others. He doesn’t know when he has taken a joke too far. Well he did when Benjamin threw a glass of water in his face.

At the secrets reveal the boys lost a life because of Ryan and George breaking the rules of asking directly questions  to the girls that related to the secrets.

They did quite well and got down to the final two but then wrongly guessed that Angie was royalty.

The secrets were:

• I have obsessive compulsive disorder – Charne.
  • I was a hand model – Stacey
  • I was a high school drop out – Estelle
  • I was a nude protester – Sarah
  • I used to be an emo – Zoe though I suspect she was only one in her mind.
  • I am a champion weight lifter – Angie

Then it was time for the eliminations with Layla showing she was the most popular out of the three getting saved with 49% of the vote. In the end it was close with Charne leaving after only 24% voters dialling in to save her.  However it also showed Estelle was not real popular either.

Interesting the format of the show as it did not feel all about the elimination, but this may have been that it was one hour and they needed to recap the last few nights, and reveal the secrets in the episode. It will be interesting to see if the format changes next Sunday night.

You got the feeling Charne was not unhappy about leaving as she said she found it extraordinarily hard to hide her OCD,  however she said the experience might make her less uptight in the house.

Interestingly she said the age difference was the reason she did not connect, and she was not that much older then them all. She was hoping for Ben or Sarah to win.

She thought she would either be first or last to go, so she must have realised that her personality required people to get to know her to like her. Considering most of the footage we saw of her was cleaning and not conversing with people it was hard to know what the real Charne is like.

Big Brother nominations are tonight. I think Bradley, Ryan and Ray might be the three nominated. Who do you think?

1 Daze { 08.27.12 at 8:27 am }

Half the show last night was featured on Luna Park’s entrance (Charne) why so much air time? Half the show was really on her 2 week stay

George has hardly been featured compared with Brad Ryan Michael and Benjamin. Nice hook up with Layla, but, is she too thick for him?

Not seeing Ray ‘bonding’ with anyone, so for sure he’ll be nom-nom’d

2 Isabel { 08.27.12 at 8:34 am }

Ha, what a let down that programme was, but love your Luna Park comment Daze! What’s with her faux American accent.

Royalty – my eye! I don’t think there has been a King in Poland for many centuries, so Layla was quite right in saying that quite a few people would have to die before she becomes queen!

Pretty abrubt lead up to ‘it’s time to go…” Let’s hope Sonia can fine tune that because I nearly missed it! But now it’s going to be interesting with Charne gone – let’s see how messy the house gets!!

I like Benjamin – loved the way he pulled Bradley up on his manners.

3 Amy { 08.27.12 at 9:20 am }

Charne does not have OCD! “I have OCD because I really like things clean” is not OCD, it’s anal-retentive! Especially when she said “Sometimes I let myself go a bit”… ughhhhhh. People with OCD can’t do that!

4 Reality Raver { 08.27.12 at 9:25 am }

Amy – so the definition they are using for OCD is fluid, like Michael being a genius, and Zoe being an emo.

5 A.P { 08.27.12 at 10:17 am }

I didn’t like the way they did the Elimination much. Sonia seemed to confuse the housemates at first as she had to clarify thing to them as far as the voting goes.
When Charne came out I thought there should have been a couch ( like they used to do) for her to sit on with Sonia while her time in the house was discussed. Did anyone notice if she was given any prizes or not? They used to be given cars, holidays and phones etc but I don’t remember hearing anything about this.
She’s just been on The Morning Show where she said she wasn’t part of the clique, her favourites are Ben and Sarah because they are more her age and she had more in common with them and her least favourites are Josh and Michael.
I was hoping Estelle would go but knew it wouldn’t happen, and I tend to agree with you RR about the three boys who will be nominated tonight.

6 brain dead dave { 08.27.12 at 10:34 am }

I didn’t hear what Bradley said to warrant the water being thrown at him but it’s up to Beige Brother to make these wannabes drink from plastic cups as that is how serious injuries can happen if glass is involved.

I don’t think Luna Park (spot on ) has O.C.D. either- unless that stands for ordinary, contrived and dumb.

If Bradley is nominated, I’ll vote to save the little bugger.

7 Stacey { 08.27.12 at 11:48 am }

Last nights ep was weird. It felt really rushed and like they were trying to cram too many things into the show. Agree about the editing RR, Charne was so endearing and likeable for the 5 minutes she was onstage. Why the edited her so badly I will never know. And why was there no cars etc like there used to be? I would’ve felt totally jibbed! Theyve really toned it down from the last years. Anyhow, glad Layla had the most ‘save’ votes.
Also, what did Bradley say that got Benjamin so riled up?

8 A.P { 08.27.12 at 12:09 pm }

Yeah, I agree Stacey, whats the point of going on the show if there are no prizes! I wonder if the housemates were told about that before they went in?
Why didn’t they show us more about the water throwing incident, it would be nice to know whats going on in the place!
Channel 9, you’ve stuffed it up, bad editing, no prizes, no couch interview and stupid young contestants, not what you promised!!!

9 Isabel { 08.27.12 at 1:33 pm }

I think they stopped giving out cars a couple of series into BB. But they did give away overseas trips, mobile phones, cameras and stuff.

You’re right AP, nothing to sit on and have a nice cosy chat like they did with Gretel – it just seemed so rushed, as if the eviction was an afterthought. I hope it’s just a case of Sonia finding her feet but she used to be such a great ad libber on DWTS that I’m surprised she’s not quite as fast with the chat on BB.

10 A.P { 08.27.12 at 1:52 pm }

BDD, if you vote by phone check if its counted because I read somewhere that no sms votes were counted and no one gets a confirmation reply but the money is taken out.
Seems like they only care about facebook votes.

11 Sioux Denim { 08.27.12 at 3:57 pm }

No surprise on who was eliminated – agree, would have been great if Estelle went.

You can so guess the target audience of 12-19yr olds booting out the odlest – honestly we are going to probably be left with Ryan – Facebookers are going bonkers over him – ew!

It wasnt really clear at all why Benjamin threw the glass of water over B-Rad – think he will be safe if up for nom noms……….

12 Reality Raver { 08.27.12 at 4:11 pm }

Bradley was saying how he liked the original crew better than he had liked the ones that had come later, which was Brad, Ray and Ryan. He was joking but took it too far.

13 brain dead dave { 08.27.12 at 5:24 pm }

Thanks A.P. More I think about it , reckon Bradley is safe if he goes up. He did tell that bitch who threw the water at him he was joking.

Not the first time there have been anomalies with the phone voting , either.