Big Brother Australia – BB Con Just Made It An Extended Episode

It felt like an extra long episode of Big Brother Australia last night as BB Confidential flowed into it. There was not real difference in content except for some fancy graphics to be honest I had a hard time staying awake during it.

Though one interesting thing is Ray breached rules by revealing to two of the housemates that he had nominated Benjamin and it looks like he was not sanctioned by Big Brother for it.

Some thoughts on the episodes:

• Bradley stalking Estelle around the compound gives me a bit of a creepy vibe, and props to Estelle for not yelling at him;
  • It was revealed last night for all of Estelle’s “Estelle from The Block” vibe she is from a Range Rover and horsey background, Michael doesn’t think she knows who she is yet;
  • Can Ryan please just go, his trying to pretend he can even string a sentence together is irritating, even Estelle looked bemused when he was say he was quite capable of having a conversation about the purpose of life. He wasn’t.
  • Michael does need to cut his hair he looked far better when he mocked up a rockerbilly hair style in the shower;
  • Josh and Angie are definitely sleep buddies yet to be shown any snogging;
  • Sarah won the right to go into the captain quarters and she took Zoe, however just as Zoe was about to eat a fillet mignon she was told to swap with Ray;
  • Not sure the psychology of why Ray is getting all the food, yes it is  part of the Yes No challenge, however surely he will be up for nomination this week because of it;
  • Benjamin is bitchy but by christ he is entertaining if he is eliminated this week it will be worse for it. Apparently Ray and Ben don’t get on at all, probably because of similar personalities I expect;
  • Not sure I would take an animal to Ray, as Angie says he does get very irritable, I just find him a tad strange;
  • Props to Angie for eating all those cupcakes without moaning and just getting on with it, however she is going to have to be careful about her continuous bitching as well;
  • Michael thought Layla was the hottest but now he thinks Stacey is because of her sense of humour, it is interesting how looks overcomes personality a lot of the time for guys. I like Layla but I know who I would want to have a drink with.

Big Brother on NINE weeknights at 7pm.

1 Trent { 08.31.12 at 10:17 am }

So annoyed that Ray openly announced who he nominated and did not get in trouble at all!

He should be instantly nominated next week..

Stacey for the win, she is the most entertaining without being a horrible person.

2 Kelsta { 08.31.12 at 10:26 am }

Yeah, had to laugh at Ryan trying to talk about the purpose of life but I think he’s just a sweet dumb guy, if not a little clingy. I suspect that’s why he hasn’t had a GF since 11, not that he’s a player, just that he’s too clingy.

B-Rad is definitely creeping me out with following Estelle around. I thought she may have told him to back off by now, but I think she’s reveling in the fact that two guys like her when she was asking Bradley in the pool about “how does a love triangle work?” I mean seriously, searching for attention much?

I wish Ray could have stayed overnight in the Captains quarters – it may have been interesting seeming how he’s been bitching about Sarah a lot to Ryan.

3 Izobel2 { 08.31.12 at 11:16 am }

Totally agree with everything you said RR! (and 2 comments above!)
That Confidential show would have to be the worst thing I’ve seen in a long time. My husband (who hates BB anyway) walked by and I had to change the channel as I was embarrassed by how crap it was!
B-Rad is totally creeping me out too.
And yes keep Benjamin and Stacey in, otherwise it would totally be one huge snore-fest. I like the idea of this challenge as it’s slightly less boring this week. Hopefully there are further challenges that are entertaining, coming up.

And I think Ray will def be up for nomination due to this challenge, it reminds me of a challenge on a previous BB series where half the house had to cook and clean for the other half and everyone got their noses out of joint over it.

4 Isabel { 08.31.12 at 11:25 am }

I too am embarrassed to tell anyone that I watch this rubbish because rubbish it is! Lots of ‘like’, um, yea’, like, um and more like thrown into every attempt at forming a sentence. Childish antics from supposed adults. Picture of Brad and Estelle pashing in the DT.
Brad reminds me of the boy on the beach who every one kicked sand at until he got himself one of those chest expanders!

5 Mia { 08.31.12 at 11:39 am }

Not really watching the show, but a friend told me that Ray not only flat out revealed that he nominated Ben to two of the other guys but also said something to them about making sure Brad stays, which could be interpreted as collusion, couldn’t it?

6 brain dead dave { 08.31.12 at 11:53 am }

Ray’s “hot” physique won’t last long with the garbage he’s having to eat.

My favourite housemate is now $urly. He should be in your poll, RR, even though it’s too late cos I voted for gormless George.

I had to give Confidential the flick-it’s awful.

7 A.P { 08.31.12 at 12:23 pm }

Poor Zoe, she was just about to eat her steak when BB pulled that mean trick. Why is he giving Ray all the food?
Angie will put on weight soon eating all those cupcakes, its just so childish really I’m finding it hard to stick with it.
Hopefully Sunday will be better when they try to trick the housemates with a big secret.

8 Sioux Denim { 08.31.12 at 12:37 pm }

I am just hanging in there now – and with the lure of this secret I will hang in just a bit longer!

Loved hearing in the background Zoe yelling “I’m starving Big Brother’ when Angie and Josh were talking on the bed…….I felt so sorry for her when she was just about to eat that steak – I’m also surprised Sarah said nothing too either of them about their meat eating ways!!!

9 Kelsta { 08.31.12 at 12:38 pm }

I think the only thing Confidential was good for last night was to display how weird Ray actually is with the whole toenail clippings thing! Eeewwww!

10 Samantha { 08.31.12 at 4:30 pm }

I like Ray. He’s not bright but he’s entertaining and I wonder if he really is that dull. The only thing that stops me from thinking that he’s a mole is that it would have to be illegal for him to snog that twit if he was, or at least ethically unsound.
If he’s not a mole, BB making him the object of more hate is even more entertaining.
Michael is just rude.
I don’t watch this show. Really.

11 A.P { 08.31.12 at 4:49 pm }

Samantha, I never thought about that, he could be a mole for all we know. They haven’t done that as yet. I don’t mind Ray either, he’s better than some of the others.
I just want Michael to cut his hair, he looks as scruffy and messy as the rest of the house, you’d think they could be a bit tidier, they have nothing else to do all day do they?

12 Isabel { 08.31.12 at 5:40 pm }

I bet that bedroom smells something awful!

13 Nathan { 09.01.12 at 7:47 pm }

im liking this big brother.george is so rich- so i guess they will eventually start nominating him with excuse that he doesnt need the prize money.ray walks around like he owns the place – certainly seems like an obvious mole.sarah is so kath and kim…angie is a real bitch..zoe – still dont understand her at all,but shes not fun too look at..michael thinks hes a genius. …. haha great show – very different from previous ones.

14 Samantha { 09.02.12 at 8:46 pm }

The house is a bit of a pig sty isn’t it. But that’s because Charne isn’t there!