The Shire Will Not Be Renewed

If you are a fan of The Shire you will saddened to know there are only two more episodes left. The show will finish on 10 September.

It failed to rate well with numbers dropping consistently each week. Sure not the most entertaining reality show on TV but it has its highlights namely Beckaa, Sophie and Vernesa.

Will we get to find out if Beckaa gets that boob job? Does Mitch have an ongoing relationship with his father once his mum asks him for years of unpaid child support? Will Sophie and Vernesa ever get a date?

Some cast members have had so little screen times I don’t even know their names.

Source: (SMH)

1 anonymouse { 08.31.12 at 3:26 pm }

A victory for people with brains everywhere!!! I’m so glad that this was too base, common, crass, trashy, ridiculous, bogan and straight out BORING for even the usually unreliable Australian public!

Mind you, you’re completely right RR Beckaa and Vernessa were a bit special. Hopefully channel ten will get it right next time?

2 Culinary Boner { 08.31.12 at 3:52 pm }

Beckaa deserves her own program – “Beckaa and the Bright Lights” in which Ten and Shine send the lovely lass (complete with newly renovated chassis) to New York to try her hand at US pageants, Victoria’s Secret catwalks and cheer-leading for the NY Giants. It’d be a win-win. Ten would be stepping in to help dad fund her lifestyle. Heaps of people would watch…. Well, I would. And Ten’s ratings would go from dud to middling.

3 Isabel { 08.31.12 at 5:38 pm }

Did she have bum inplants? Silly me thought she must have had a boob or nose job!!

4 Mia { 08.31.12 at 6:02 pm }

Jersey Shore & The Shire cancelled on the same day. Will this cause a global crisis for the tanning salon industry?

5 Ari { 08.31.12 at 9:26 pm }

Well it’s quite sad. Didn’t like the show but it actually wasn’t a bad show. A victory for channel 9 for their plan to bring the show down with their ‘news’ coverages. Will it be a victory for the Australian public if we never see ACA or Today Tonight again?

Again like most channel 10 shows it’s heavily criticised and people leave quickly but it takes time to grow to (e.g. The Circle, The Project, great shows, but takes patience and time).

The Shire wasn’t a great show, but it wasn’t actually horrible. I think it needed some direction. Sometimes it just didn’t make sense. I did enjoy Beckaa and Sophie + Vernesa. The lovey-dovey Mitch/Andy/guitar girl/afro head girl storylines were icky and felt scripted.

Still thought it was funny when the mayor of the Sutherland Shire criticised Sophie and Vernesa and another mayor from another nearby town said “we do not criticise and discriminate people”. It was a huge ‘f*ck you’ to the mayor of The Shire. 😛

6 Morgan { 08.31.12 at 9:56 pm }

Now we just need Ten to announce Being Lara Bingle won’t be renewed either.

7 Gidgit { 09.02.12 at 1:15 am }

I honestly could not care less about these fake terrible semi actors on this show. Constantly Aussie shows get everything wrong. No matter how ‘natural’ you try to make it – people need someone to go for – and someone to hate. But you have to have that choice! Masterchef fudge it constantly. They need to put through some ego maniacs to stir stuff up – not all this nicey nicey ‘we are family’ dribble. It’s a TV show – not a proper culinary school – so entertain us! My Kitchen Rules got it so right it’s scary – Thomas and Carla, Gary and Peter – great casting and make for brilliant TV!

8 brain dead dave { 09.02.12 at 10:17 am }

Ah, that brings back memories of Peter and Gary.

* the 3 hour wait for main course.
* the failure to boil potatoes.
*individually topped and tailed beans.
* the “I’ve never lost a case” chest thumping.

Feeling your pain, Ari. I remember the $hire Mayor, Carole Provin very well but not with fondness. She was on morning TV with Bert Newton for years and years, flogging fake wrinkle creams and depilatory products for women.

9 Culinary Boner { 09.02.12 at 10:20 am }

Happy Father’s Day, Mr Noun.
Who got breakfast in bed?
You or Beckaa?

10 brain dead dave { 09.02.12 at 10:34 am }

Mr Noun- Let’s play “Bend it like Beckaa”!

11 Morgan { 09.02.12 at 10:53 am }

Gidgit – Eh, kind of disagree with you on T&C and P&G. I had a bit of of a love-hate relationship with those guys, at times they were very entertaining, then other times they were insufferable. Thomas and Carla on the other hand, I never want to see them on my TV screen again. They were certainly villains, but they weren’t the enteraining kind. I still remember that chicken and blueberry filo pastry thing they made. Yuck. They make Dani look like Jamie Oliver. Now Chris Badenoch and Joanne Zalm, THEY are entertaining villians!

12 Georgie { 09.02.12 at 11:35 am }

Lol CB.

Morgan, I remember we got a fair bit of entertainment out of T&C – not so much on MKR, but certainly on this blog. My fave food f**k-up of theirs was the lavender cheesecakes.

13 John { 09.02.12 at 11:36 am }

Morgan,good news! Network 10 HAVE in fact announced that Being Lara B-List is history as well…time to date another hapless,high profile sportsman I guess! Or, better still,eternal purgatory in infomercial hell !!

14 John { 09.02.12 at 11:39 am }

This…is BIG BECKAAA !! Housemates…AH’M SO PRIDDEE !!