Farmer Wants A Wife – Are You On Team Vanessa Or Team Paul?

Farmer Wants A Wife was all about the male make over, but also there were also some action between the girls and the farmers.

The main drama was happening up a Gnarlaroo with Paul and Vanessa who were all there by there lonesome. Vanessa just seems a little intense and Paul is a workaholic who has lived there by himself for seven years. Not a great combination.

To spend time with him she is helping him out on the farm, but what the single mum really wants is to get married and her eye is on him.

He has other ideas as he is unsure he is wanting the commitment, and it is the first time he has had a woman live there. Anyway after she had cooked him a candlelight dinner thinking it was all on, he dropped the bombshell that he was not looking for marriage at this stage.

She lost it as she thought he had led her on by kissing her. Oh sweet Jesus imagine if he had shagged her she would have totally gone bananas! He was giving her the it’s not you but me talk. But you got the feeling  what he was really saying was it’s you not me.

In other Farmer Wants A Wife news:

• Rachel was going in hard and fast for Nikko, but he ended up hooking with one of the other girls on his birthday. Cannot wait to see how Rachel reacts to this news.
  • Sam got his chest hair ripped out and actually looked pretty good all dolled up, and it was great to see former Project Runway Australia judge Sarah Gale on our screens again. Not sure he has hooked up with any of his girls yet.
  • Tom got his chest hair left on but got a pumpkin peel, he appears to be game playing a bit with is ladies. Kirsty who appears very fragile is not going to be happy if she is not the last girl standing.
  • Matt he got a spray tan so viewers got some gratuitous shots of him in his boxer. Funnily enough an appendage of his appeared to be the starring role of his scenes.
  • Todd actually scrubbed up quite well but this guy needs a personality makeover not sure why the girls are so gaga over him.

Anyway whose do you think was in the right in the Vanessa and Paul fracas?

Farmer Wants A Wife is on NINE on Wednesday’s at 8.00pm.

1 Gidgit { 09.04.12 at 5:37 pm }

To me it was beyond obvious Paul was attracted to the woman who left. In fact I have no doubts he only wanted her, but producers insisted he at least pick another as it defeats the whole idea of the show if Paul just picked the one girl and walla – not much to film and no conflict. So he ‘threw a bone’ to Vanessa – but really had no attraction to her.

So it all goes to hell in a basket for Paul once the only woman he wanted buggers off – so he’s stuck with ‘la desperado’ – thus he stays away even more.

I would put money on the fact that if the other woman had stayed – Vanessa would be have been booted – and that whole discussion at dinner would be a WHOLE different story. All this ‘I’m not ready to commit’ and ‘you are moving too fast’ bullshit was basically saying ‘I didn’t want you – I wanted the other one capish!’.

2 A.P { 09.04.12 at 6:19 pm }

I’m not sure if he was all that fussed on the other one either. She couldn’t get away quick enough and only used missing her kids as an excuse to leave. What would anyone see in him anyway?
Vanessa really tried to show what an asset she could be on the farm by trying to help Paul so much and then tried so hard with the dinner and he basically just threw it all back in her face! He was rude and a real pig if you ask me!
He could have at least pretended he was enjoying it and then maybe let her down gently, after all, she was right to ask him why he went on the show which is called The Farmer Wants a Wife, and he’s not ready for one because he’s too selfish and too set in his ways.
Vanessa was a bit desperate but she will realised she dodged a bullet in time.

3 Gidgit { 09.04.12 at 6:27 pm }

Oh I’m FAR from defending the grunt – he is a pig. Agreed he should have enjoyed the dinner then taken her aside and had a heart to heart. But I have no doubt at all he fancied the other woman. He took her on the one on one date – and he looked REALLY smitten with her.

The fact he chose to work his farm rather be social is only because he’s basically ‘socially retarded’ and just a rude man. I have no doubt he’s shy – but why the producers put him on the show in the first place is beyond me – and why he entered is even more confusing. He’d be better off ordering a ‘real doll’ (look them up – they are freaky) Then he would not have to talk or make conversation – just come home after stacking hay or what ever the fuck he does. He seems very friendly with his goats!

Must say this season a very lack luster lame selection of farmers – I struggle to like any of them really. I will say Tom has the ‘worst’ selection of women. Two are on the verge of boiling bunnies, and the other one is just there for the ‘contest’ and probably publicity.

4 Isabel { 09.04.12 at 6:34 pm }

Does anyone remember the series in which one of the girls went on the programme purely to get back at her partner, and to get him back hopefully. She broke the farmer’s heart – he had really fallen for he. But I’m not sure if she got her partner back.

5 Isabel { 09.04.12 at 6:35 pm }

Does anyone remember the series in which one of the girls went on the programme purely to get back at her partner, and to get him back hopefully. She broke the farmer’s heart – he had really fallen for her. But I’m not sure if she got her partner back.

6 brain dead dave { 09.04.12 at 6:42 pm }

Paul’s a pig and hopefully he’ll find a sow to breed with somewhere.

7 Georgie { 09.04.12 at 8:16 pm }

Small Paul is 45 and has lived out in the sticks on his own for 16 years, so if he’s not ready for commitment yet he never will be. I can’t imagine he’d be able to cope with another human being out at the Gnarly Loo, let alone a woman with children.

8 Reality Raver { 09.04.12 at 8:25 pm }

Georgie – I agree with you he would not be a good step father at all, he wants someone to fit in and not annoy him. Maybe he thought he wanted some companionship and realised he did not. Also I reckon he would be dull. I would like to know why he is hiding away from the world

9 Culinary Boner { 09.04.12 at 8:46 pm }

Maybe he’s escaping from this awful, commercial reality? –

10 Izobel2 { 09.04.12 at 10:52 pm }

I don’t know if I like any of these blokes!
@isabel – do u mean Macca? He had that chick Nerena who dumped him to go back 2 her ex. That was a shocker.
Kirsty is a classic, the chick who cries all the time!
A.P. I’d love to c her on The Bachelor!
Still enjoying the season tho!

11 Michelle { 09.04.12 at 11:35 pm }

Paul owns & operates a tourist destination resort. I have a feeling that his choosing to go on the show was more for his resort … not for his heart.

12 Stacey { 09.06.12 at 2:44 pm }

I’ve heard people say “I think Paul wanted the other one” I don’t agree with this cop out since he left the decision up to the two women on who wanted to remain at gnaraloo.

Paul had stated on the show several women have stayed at the farm with him over the years by originally arriving as tourists then staying on as a relationship.

I think Vanessa was right to question was he was looking for inthe future.

Paul seems to be a personality that wants to make minimal effort due to his own confidence issues, which is great for a woman only seeking to meet the basic needs if this man, stay out of his way and not expect much from him.

Lucky escape from an emotionally unavailable man Vanessa & Genevieve!!