Reality Food Show – The Restaurant: The Pitch On ABC1

It is just not ABC2 that has reality TV, ABC1 premieres tonight an interesting looking reality food show starring Raymond Blanc.

Apologies for just cutting and pasting from the website but here are the details:

6pm Wednesday ABC1
The Restaurant: The Pitch
Wednesday, 12 September 2012 New Series
Nine couples compete to go into business with award-winning chef and restaurateur Raymond Blanc. Who’s got what it takes to impress?

Raymond Blanc is not only on the hunt for a couple to back in a new restaurant venture, but is investing his own money alongside partners David Moore and Sarah Willingham.

There are nine couples all hungry for the once-in-a-lifetime chance to work with one of the world’s best in the business. They face an opportunity to change their lives forever as they each take over an empty restaurant, make it their own and open it to the paying public, responding to weekly surprises and tough challenges set by Raymond.

Called to Bristol to meet Blanc they are introduced to the world of the high street restaurant.

They are given just one hour to cook a dish that sells their culinary skills as well as their vision for a restaurant. They need a strong partnership and a restaurant pitch that stands out if they are going to make it through.

Some couples impress but others crack under the pressure and a shock announcement proves no-one is safe.

Also for food fans Masterchef UK is currently being shown on Lifestyle Food weeknights at 7.30pm.

1 brain dead dave { 09.12.12 at 3:42 pm }

No ads or cheesy product placements. I’m salivating.

2 Reality Raver { 09.12.12 at 4:01 pm }

BDD – Yes I will be recording. Though have to confess to watching the UK Masterchef last night and it is more about the food, but I think I like the Aussie format better.

3 Morgan { 09.12.12 at 4:03 pm }

This sounds good. I’m currently in a reality TV cooking competition-withdrawl so this should hold me over until My Kitchen Rules starts up again early next year. I’ll definitely be tuning in tonight.

RR – I did like the old MCUK format, as it was 100% about the food, although it did get a bit dull to watch after a while, it was the same format over and over again. I haven’t seen the new Australianized version yet.

4 PollyB { 09.12.12 at 5:16 pm }

Thanks RR, didn’t know about this. Definitely will check it out.
Morgan, the new UKMC is waaaaay better than Oz. Eg – first ep, only 24 contestant, then 3 nights of 8 contestants – invention test, 70 mins to cook 1 dish. 2 straight out! 6 remaining straight to restaurants, then back to MC HQ and 70 mins to cook a meal of their choice. Then bang, 2 more gone. We see heaps of food, no panto from the judges, and the duds are out. Can’t fail in my book 😉

5 A.P { 09.12.12 at 6:14 pm }

Thanks RR, I’ve just started watching this, it seems really good so far, a bit like MKR. A lot of these shows on ABC 1 and 2 are pretty good and deserve more attention.

6 brain dead dave { 09.12.12 at 6:27 pm }

I’m about to start watching,RR. Aunty has a new Survivor type reality show coming up called Do Or Die, by the way. The are some great reality shows on ABC services. A lot of them are UK made.

7 Gidgit { 09.12.12 at 6:56 pm }

I have actually watched this season of The Restaurant. To be honest I would not let these people work in a hotdog stand let alone open a restaurant. And I did not agree with the winners – but I’ll keep that under wraps.

8 Isabel { 09.12.12 at 7:12 pm }

Thanks for the heads up RR – loved it, although Raymond is harder to understand than Manu!

9 Morgan { 09.12.12 at 7:22 pm }

Thanks for not spoiling us, Gidgit.

I thought it was great. Quite a few trainwrecks, namely Natalie and Sandy. The way they handled a knife, I was flinching the whole time, and how they put their mousse into the fridge 3 minutes before time was up, thinking it would set. LMAO! The mousse itself looked like cat vomit. Don’t blame Raymond booting them off right then and there one bit. And the old couple who just put up a plate of smoked salmon and raw vegetables, yeah, I’d consider them very lucky not to get booted off. Too early to say who my favourites are, but I think I’ll like the two Nigerian girls. Anyway, I’m sold, and I’ll be watching again next week.

PollyB – Thanks for your input! Do you or anyone else know if they will showing repeats of it? I’d like to watch from the beginning.

10 Georgie { 09.12.12 at 7:42 pm }

Yeah that was good. I was watching while cooking dinner so didn’t catch it all. There’s one guy there who looks a lot like Guy (gag) Sebastian.

11 Reality Raver { 09.12.12 at 9:20 pm }

Thanks for the feedback guys. I really need to trawl through ABC1 and 2 a bit more. Though BDD has his finger on the pulse on the shows on there so maybe he can tip us off.

12 brain dead dave { 09.13.12 at 12:34 pm }

I’ll be happy to trash half of the appalling BB to watch Animal Hoarders tonight on Gem. Sooner watch a house crammed with animals than dull, dumb, fake housemates any day.

The two ladies that do the show where they visit sloppy housekeepers was on late last night, too. Great stuff…I didn’t know that dogs hate vinegar and won’t pee where the carpet has been treated with it. Or that you can clean a really dirty wok with just a piece of potato and detergent.Useful stuff.

The Restaurant show is great, too.

13 PollyB { 09.13.12 at 6:30 pm }

Morgan – -No worries, I am a bit obsessive about UK MC. Oz MC is a complete bastardisation, disgraceful!
I guess they’ll repeat UK MC sometime, they may run back to back eps on a Sunday at some stage.

I watched this and loved it. And Raymond Blanc.

14 Hayden Quinn TV Show Snippet And Other Food Show News | reality ravings { 09.20.12 at 12:37 pm }

[…] Wednesday nights at 6.00pm is the UK show The Restaurant on ABC2 with Raymond Blanc as the host. It has received good feedback from the critics that matter […]

15 A.P { 09.20.12 at 12:46 pm }

Damm, I forgot it was on last night, wish these shows got more publicity.