The X Factor – Nat B Has The Strongest Group

Surely Ronan cannot be putting through three boy bands? His best three are the boys  but surely he would splitting the vote if he puts through What About Tonight, Fortunate and the boy Supergroup.

Over in New York Samantha Jade did a nice rendition of Keep Bleeding by Leona Lewis surely she will make the live shows. However she reminds me a bit of Prinnie from The Voice who has the whole package but the audience just did not gravitate towards her.

Rob’s singing was a bit screechy hopefully he won’t get through.

Chris Cayzer tried to bring his sexy back with Tiny Dancer. He has the looks but not the voice, however suspect he could be popular but he would be too much of a risk to put through.

Danielle sang The First Cut Deepest when she is singing in her lower tones it is magnetic. Justin sang nicely but everytime we see him on screen they mention his back story and it is getting tiresome.  He did sing well as did wedding singer Nathaniel.

Natalie B has a plethora of talent to pick from. Vendulka was first up for the under 25 girls. She was composed and sang a beautiful rendition of a Florence and The Machine song.

Bella Hunter came in all blinged up and sang Umbrella but it was not great. Nat B admitted her voice was only good, but liked that she looked like a pop star.

Angel Tupai has one of the power voices in the competition and she did a great rendition of Kelly Clarkson’s Mr Know It All. Always good for a judge to be able to perform the diva songs.

The surprise package for me was Morgan who just nailed it when she sang in front of Ke$ha. For the first time I saw her potential and liked her voice.

Bella sang Heartbeat and Ke$ha thought she was the favourite, however she really loved Shiane’s voice and said she would sign her. Hopefully Shiane won’t be put through this year as I think she is a potential winner in about two years.

The under 25 boys were not on song. I like Jason the boy from the bush but he is just not up to the live shows. Matt was singing It Girl by Jason De Rulo which was just OK. Usher talked more about his dancing than singing so he was not a fan.

Adil was nervous and it was obvious. Would he flip out on the live shows? Matt Gresham needs to get over closing his eyes all the time but his voice is the stand out of the boys. Usher thought he had a cool look.  He must get through to the live shows.

Carmello has an interesting voice but does not have the pop star look, however in a strange way he could be popular with the viewers. Josh who got knocked out last year sang well but not sure he has enough diversity for the  live shows.

Tonight the judges have to make their decisions and announce their top 12 and we already know there will be tears.

1 Pangus { 09.12.12 at 9:40 am }

Carmello – is he related to Mr Bean?

2 joan { 09.12.12 at 9:54 am }

Re Samantha Jade I think the public will warm to her, Prinnie came across very up herself, I like Samantha’s personality.

3 Reality Raver { 09.12.12 at 9:56 am }

Pangus – or Gollum

Joan – Yes she seems like she has more humility.

4 joan { 09.12.12 at 10:01 am }

I put my house on it Mels final 3 will be Josh(she is in love) Audil and Jason.

5 joan { 09.12.12 at 10:06 am }

I wonder if Nat will put through 2 14 yr olds I have a bad feeling she will leave Angel out, a bit like last year with that other power house singer that Nat decided she couldn’t teach her anything, she is so airy fairy.

6 brain dead dave { 09.12.12 at 10:35 am }

Josh is rubbish. I hope he makes it through just to keep the train wreck factor there.

It was embarrassing watching him crawl to Usher, who I didn’t even know was a celebrity. Usher was right, though …just too many faux gestures and fraud going on. Rather look good than be good. He was crap last year , hasn’t changed much and needs a reality check..

7 dmc { 09.12.12 at 12:14 pm }

I thought it was just me thinking that Jason simply cannot sing in tune, and then Usher backed me up by saying that he’s got to hit those notes. Tough call for the girls – I can see reasons for almost all of them getting through.

8 Georgie { 09.12.12 at 5:11 pm }

It might just be me, but I heard some terrible noises coming from my home theatre system last night during X Factor. I’m sure it didn’t sound that bad during the auditions?

Josh has developed his own range of visually stylised moves, now all he has to do is learn to match them up with the appropriate songs.

9 brain dead dave { 09.12.12 at 6:41 pm }

You’re scaring me , Georgie, as Johnny Rooffo made it through on his moves last year when he couldn’t sing for jack. I have a bad feeling that Mel B will repeat history and put this nauseating knucklehead through, just on the disturbing levels of sheer desperation and delusion he’s exhibiting.

Hit the mute button…that’ll take care of the noises coming from your home theatre system. Hope you’re not wasting five speakers on this lot.

10 Georgie { 09.12.12 at 7:50 pm }

Lol bdd – “…disturbing levels of sheer desperation and delusion he’s exhibiting.”

I didn’t watch X Factor last year so this is the first time I’ve seen Josh and the impression I got was a scam-man or a fake.

11 Georgie { 09.12.12 at 8:52 pm }

Onya Ronan – where the boys are…