Big Brother – Ava Finally Meets The Housemates

Well we finally got to saw how Josh reels in the ladies last night. He was smooth on his lunch date with Ava and then he was trying to woo her with his singing, and then he gave her tips on how to get to sleep.

He also revealed to some of the housemates how he was sick of snuggling up to Angie, though she appears to have gotten the hint and is now sleeping with Estelle.

Benjamin continued to stir the pot by telling Ava that Angie was obsessed by Josh. You get the feeling there would be few tears if Angie was sent home on Sunday.

Ava who has been put into the house because she is deemed to be “hot” does not look like she will add to much to the mix except for the love triangle plot line.

For a long episode there wasn’t much else going on in plot lines. Zoe was sent to the naughty corner, Bradley put his foot it, and the issue of people pinching food again came up. You know there is a lack of conversation in the house when you have to listen to an exchange between Stacey and Josh about how he lights the outside oven.

1 Kate { 09.13.12 at 11:59 am }

I am so over the Josh love triangle narrative!

2 brain dead dave { 09.13.12 at 12:23 pm }

Josh would be lucky to woo a tone deaf cane toad with that “singing” Like Kate , I’m totally sick of Josh’s love life….he’s only in love with his ego anyway.

Time to go, Angie. You’re making me sick the way you’re crawling up Estelle’s ar$e.

I’m still watching but this is probably the worst , most boring series of Big Brother ever.

3 Isabel { 09.13.12 at 12:37 pm }

I’m with you there BDD!

4 Trent { 09.13.12 at 12:43 pm }

To me this series seems to be really watered down.

I haven’t been able to connect with any of the housemates. As there is a lack of airtime. No uplate, No live stream, no Friday night games and no Uncut.
I know channel 9 wanted a “Stripped back” Version but this is a total fail in my opinion and i have been an avid BB Supporter from the start. They have no idea what they are doing it seems.

Any chance of Channel 10 getting the right to air it next time?? If there is another season?

5 Stacey { 09.13.12 at 12:44 pm }

Is anyone following BBAULIVE on twitter? It seems like there is actually a lot of interesting things hapenning in the house but they’re just not showing any of it. They have been showing hardly anything of Stacey or Bradley lately, it’s just been all about Josh.
Angie’s starting to look a little bit desperate saying over and over again that her and Josh are just snuggle mates when it’s painfully obvious that she’s really into him. Why doesn’t she just have the proper talk with Josh and tell him that she likes him and cut her losses if he doesn’t reciprocate? I would have a lot more respect for her if she did.

6 brain dead dave { 09.13.12 at 12:58 pm }

It’s a good point , Stacey, however on what I’ve seen having a ”proper talk” is beyond both Josh and Angie. Perhaps it’s best if Benjamin steps up to the plate and tells Angie that ” he’s just not that into you”.

I hope Benjamin stays and wreaks havoc for a while yet.

7 The Oracle { 09.13.12 at 1:04 pm }

I think perhaps Bradley’s comment to Layla might come back to haunt him at nominations..but at least he was being honest..at first look on the screen the girls gave her 8/10 so I’m sure a few insecurities would have crossed their minds..but on closer examination Ava is really no threat at all..I don’t think the boys are really that “in” to her…BB picked the wrong dinner date…I think Josh is more into “blokey” girls.

8 Kate { 09.13.12 at 1:09 pm }

Yeah Stacey I follow @BBaulive on twitter for the same reason, I want more. I’m not really satisfied with the surface level stuff we are getting on the box – the love angles. There is more to life afterall. I find Michael and Stacey quite intriguing (sp?) and would love to see more of them. Also not a fan of bullying so the Ben v Brad thing is awkward to watch. Looking forward and hoping there will be a time when Brad is gone and we can see Ben shine – he has a very quick wit and I really like that.

9 Stacey { 09.13.12 at 1:16 pm }

It’s funny, I’ve kind of noticed that Josh isn’t into Angie but she’s into him, and George seems to like Layla a little bit more than she likes him.
And I’ve figured out what it is I don’t like about Estelle… It’s like she’s a bogan by choice, while being stuck up at the same time. Her and Angie are similar in that way.

10 A.P { 09.13.12 at 2:40 pm }

BB seems to like watching Angie rub food all over herself, first banana, then honey, its just so pathetic. Her and Estelle are buddies again at the moment.
What about Bitchy Ben’s comment that Estelle hopes Ava is from another school so that she can have a friend? They all laughed at that, don’t they think that maybe Estelle is feeling like an outsider in the house? Try being nice Ben, it won’t hurt you to befriend her.
Ava won’t bring much to the house, BB needs to bring someone in more interesting. Really hope Angie goes next. Josh is a pain!

11 Little Brother { 09.13.12 at 2:50 pm }

Bathe her and bring her to me

12 Bilsey { 09.13.12 at 3:17 pm }

Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but I think the food thing with Angie at the moment is punishment for not finishing the needle in a haystack challenge from the naughty corner. BB did say he wasn’t satisfied and that she would receive further punishment. The timing of the honey last night was perfect.. With everyone else on the Ava thing.. Boring carbon copy of what BB ads told us we wouldnt see this year.. Boring “pretty people” who have nothing to contribute except whether or not they will hook up with someone..

13 brain dead dave { 09.13.12 at 4:59 pm }

Laughing at Michael cracking it about which foods like butter should be kept in the fridge. Since these bozos are in the tropics ,wouldn’t it be smarter and safer to keep these things in the fridge?

It’d be different if he was in Hobart – but Michael doesn’t know where that is or at least that it’s the capital of Tassie. Genius my ar$e.

I like Estelle and hope she stays just to piss her white anters off.

14 ronald { 09.13.12 at 5:37 pm }

brain dead dave…the gold coast may be warm but i’d hardly call it the tropics. if the bb house was in somewhere like cairns it’d be in the tropics.

15 Isabel { 09.13.12 at 5:45 pm }

But Ronald, they are all so scantily dressed and getting quite bronzed – it must be quite hot where they are – not the tropics I agree.

Do you think they ever change their sheets?

16 Ari { 09.13.12 at 7:34 pm }

BBAU is really boring now. I miss the old CH10 version. It was really more interesting and edgy. And hotter guys (and girls too for those into girls).

CH9 wanted to keep it ‘family friendly’ and it’s not working. Sonia Kruger sounds like she’s hosting a children’s program, like she’s going to say, “what’s behind the SQUARE window?” BBAU is not supposed to be ‘family friendly’.

I’m guessing CH9 doesn’t want to have any 24/7 livestreaming so they have full control with the editing and how housemates are viewed. Also probably so no one will ever witness any incidents if they do happen *cough*turkeyslap*cough*.

It’s become really boring now. It’s all about food, a love triangle, and a talking fish.

And I hate how Big Brother is making Ray eat all the food. Does Big Brother want people to hate Ray or what?

The last season of BBAU on CH10 was more entertaining than this. I’m glad CH9 added “intellectuals” but hardly anyone is having “intelligent conversations”. I’m pretty much over it already.

17 A.P { 09.13.12 at 8:02 pm }

Wish they would all stop ganging up on Estelle, the poor girl just wants a friend!

18 Isabel { 09.13.12 at 8:06 pm }

What a bitch Ben is!

19 SuziQ { 09.13.12 at 8:44 pm }

Long time lurker, first time poster.
RR-Thanks for all the work you put in to this site
BDD and CB- I LOVE you guys, your comments are the highlight of my day
Re; a previous post regarding Josh’s disturbing nose.
Noddy. Just saying…..

20 Reality Raver { 09.13.12 at 10:25 pm }

SuziQ – Thanks for reading and hope this is the first of many comments. And now that you mention it about josh’s nose…. does this make Michael Big Ears?

21 SuziQ { 09.14.12 at 9:48 am }

RR- Thanks for the welcome.
Big Ears? Quite possibly. If he would only brush his hair once in a while we might be able to see his ears.

And did everyone enjoy Estelle and Ava dancing last night ???
Obviously they auditioned for BB when they didn’t make it through on SYTYCD

22 Kate { 09.14.12 at 9:56 am }

Isn’t Ben interesting, at times so nasty and at others so loving. Watching him chatting with Zoe last night was just lovely. He is indeed a man of many shades. I wish we saw more of that sort of thing with the others too. Enough of Josh, please BB, please.

23 Kelsta { 09.14.12 at 11:29 am }

Seeing Ava and Estelle together is making me feel uncomfortable, although I like the fact that Estelle has a girl-buddy now and don’t the other housemates HATE it!!! LOL. I do think that Ava needs to start getting to know the other housemates or she will be on the nominating chopping block very soon.

@Kate, Ben is very nasty but nice to those he likes. I hope he stays in for a while as he pushes everyone’s boundaries.

I was hoping Ray would get some female attention from Ava.

Angie is very insecure which is why she has the wall up about Josh. I’m pretty sure she would be upset that Ava has the single bed next to Josh.

24 Lisa { 09.14.12 at 4:21 pm }

I love love love this show and think for a family version its ok. I do miss the adult content and Friday night live etc…. from the ch10 BB, that was was pure gold. Estelle and Ava are strange and weird, its time to go Estelle so that the rest of the house can get to know Ava. It is uncomfortable watching the Estelle and Ava romance. They seem to be from another planet.

Stacey and Ben – hilarious..

Mike and Josh bromance – hilarious

Sonia Kruger is doing a great job hosting!!!

25 linda { 09.19.12 at 10:46 pm }

Why does Ava keep putting her hair to one side? Is she from Malaysia & why dont people mention where shes from/parents. What is everybody becoming to politcally correct.
Come on we can see shes indian but even she try’s to hide it…..Ha

26 linda { 09.19.12 at 10:49 pm }

Bradley seems intelligent but I still dont like him much & I wouldnt talk to him even on the street. If he can get to be on this show then there’s hope for us all.

27 linda { 09.19.12 at 10:53 pm }

I like Layla more than before as she seems quite honest if a little dim at times but she seems nice so Im thinking she might even win this show. The boys are boring & Ben who appears to be very bright but I dont see him winning this show.

28 Bit { 09.20.12 at 5:51 pm }

Everyone involved with, on, and watching big brother should be put on an island and falsely told cameras are watching them, and that back in the world they’re all getting more and more famous, and just leave them all there to rot.