I Will Survive – Davin Eliminated

I have lost a bit of enthusiasm for this show, but will start watching it again when they stop having difficulty finding people to keep out of the bottom three.

Also not helping is two of the more interesting contestants Jamie and Davin are now eliminated. These two were generating some snarky comments and giving the show some frission at the moment with are left with Tom and Mike.

I Will Survive is on TEN on Tuesday and Wednesday nights at 7.30pm.

1 Culinary Boner { 09.13.12 at 2:00 pm }

Au revoir, Davin or Daffyd or whatever – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E27v-jmRmx0

Who’s going to Ten’s Christmas drinks this year?
Thought not.

2 Georgie { 09.13.12 at 2:00 pm }

Didn’t manage to watch it this week. I’m just astounded that Ch10 would try to compete with X Factor, when they could have won another timeslot. Disappointed for the cast and crew but no sympathy for the network.

3 A.P { 09.13.12 at 2:46 pm }

I watched the first one or two shows but I think the novelty has just worn off and to put it up against The X factor and BB is just stupid, people have to pick and choose what they want to watch and we can’t watch everything at the same time.

4 chasingvegas { 09.13.12 at 3:04 pm }

fingers crossed Tom wins! & as long as they keep Adrian around I’ll be watching!

5 Culinary Boner { 09.13.12 at 3:55 pm }

281,000 viewers!!!!
That’s 100,000 less viewers than Inspector Rex used to get on SBS!!

Though Ten would probably get Shine or Freemantle to “improve” Inspector Rex by bringing in a love interest (a foxy fox terrier) as well as a heart-wrenching back-story about how Rex was the runt of the litter in some Austrian Death Camp who was subjected to vile trolling abuse on Twitter because of his diminutive size and shy disposition. Oh, that and his hobby of dressing in women’s attire whilst howling out show tunes.

Does everything Lachlan Murdoch touches turn to shit?

6 brain dead dave { 09.13.12 at 4:43 pm }

Some disposable nappies for Hi 5 Nathan would be in order as he looked to be literally $hitting himself to be in the bottom three.

He looks desperate for the $250, 000 but will the show be axed before they get to the pointy end of the competition,shattering all concerned?

I’ve had some great nights out at Pt Germein catching crabs (the aquatic kind, thanks). The town used to have the longest jetty in the southern hemisphere.

Those ratings are not great, Boner. Ch 10 are on anything but a roll. I’ve started watching their breakfast show, it’s so bad. This is all karma for abusing viewers with Ma$terchef.

7 Morgan { 09.13.12 at 5:46 pm }

This show is steadily going down hill. I’m a bit sad that Davin left as he was one of the few guys there that brought some entertainment to the show, and he had an incredible voice. I’m not sure why the judges are keeping Adrian around, he’s clearly the weakest guy left. I hope Tom or Nathan win.

The show needs to be cut to once a week. There’s just too much filler in both weekly episodes.

8 planb { 09.13.12 at 6:48 pm }
9 Reality Raver { 09.13.12 at 10:20 pm }

Plan B you got in before me – Morgan it has now been cut to once a week…

10 Eliza { 09.14.12 at 1:11 am }

Phew, so glad that they at least won’t be cutting it completely! My mum and I have really gotten into it so it would be really sad to see it leave our screens.

I agree with many of the comments made in the article. Going up against X Factor is silly when it is so popular. Thursday nights would definitely give it greater hope of finding a larger audience.

Tom will be left to do most of the commentary now that Davin is gone. He wasn’t my fav by far but he did make me laugh with his bitchy comments. I do hope that Tom wins. Would they let someone win who has already had a successful career in theatre here in Aus, such as Stephen or Rohan?

11 AJ { 09.14.12 at 9:13 am }

I’m glad they’re cutting it down to a single episode each week. It should have been like that from the start. The nonsense with the “bus tours” of every town, the stupid “stereotypically masculine” challenges, etc have nothing to do with finding a “triple threat” for Broadway.

I’m disappointed that Davin was eliminated. Sure, maybe he wasn’t a “leading man”, but he had more charisma than the scary old man and the arrogant former star old man. And his running commentary on the other participants was amusing.

I’m guessing Tom will step into Davin’s shoes since he seems to be the only other participant who enjoys talking to the camera or who has anything vaguely interesting to say to the camera.

12 Georgie { 09.14.12 at 1:42 pm }

Now that someone has picked up on the ‘once a week’ message, maybe they can also pick up on the suggestions for ‘another night and timeslot’. Who knows, ratings might improve and let’s face it, they have FA to lose!

13 Varsity { 09.16.12 at 1:06 am }

Who is running this show? Davin should not of gone for tv and talent purposes.
1. He was the best dancer
2. He was one of the better singers there, always spot on.
3. He was by far the most entertaining character on the show with his one on one camera interviews (so funny)
4. Such a great Villain type (one of the best Ive seen)
and they get rid of him Week 4?? When they got rid of Jamie I thought bad mistake as he was causing drama, but we still had Davin, then they get rid of him the following week???CRAZY!!!!

14 Cheryl { 09.19.12 at 2:10 am }

After seeing tonight’s intro I think I know the main reason it hasn’t yet been cancelled. Disregarding the fact that most if not all of it has already been filmed they showed both Kelly Rowlands and Paula Abdul as judges in upcoming episodes – if they cancelled before airing those episodes they would probably be up for large amounts of money.