The X Factor Australia – The First Person Was Eliminated.

Well it just goes to show that a compelling back story will bring in the votes as it was surprising both Josh and Justin were safe tonight.  These two were definitely the weakest singers from the live shows.

However voice does not appear to be a factor in the vote with Samantha Jade landing in the bottom two. Ronan Keating had described her voice as better than Katie Perry, but you get the feeling she is like The Voice’s Prinnie Stevens who had the looks and the voice but never really managed to attract the viewers votes.

She needs to work on her performance and in hindsight standing on a platform not moving did not help her.

The other person who was in the bottom two was Adil who had done a fast rendition of Fast Car. Clearly his guitar skills and his uncovered arms did not do the trick.

After doing a dodgy rendition of “Just The Way You Are” against Sam’s “Without You” all the judges bar Mel B voted for Adil to be  the first person on the show to be eliminated.

Though to be fair to Adil there were a few missed notes from a lot of the singers in the group performance of the Carly Rae-Jeppson hit Call Me Maybe.

Ronan and Guy Sebastian also performed on the show. Guy performed his hit single with Lupe and the great news for them is they will be performing the song on The Letterman Show in a few weeks. This will give him huge exposure in the USA and his success is well deserved.

1 chasingvegas { 09.19.12 at 9:11 am }

can’t believe that Justin & Jason were both safe?! Anyway agree with Adil being eliminated. Guy Sebastian blew me away last night with that performance of Battle Scars, I’ve never taken too much notice of the past music he’s released, but this song is amazing. He really showed them how its done compared to Nat Bass & her poor attempt last year!!

2 Fiona { 09.19.12 at 9:42 am }

Loved Guy and Lupe Fiasco’s performance – flawless, my favourite song. Hope he gets the recognition in the States he deserves. As for the show, shocked that Jason, Justin and Shiane all got through – as you say people love a story. Fortunate were just that – but I think they would have saved themselves easily. Poor Adil didn’t have a chance against diva Samantha – he looked terrified and on the verge of tears all the way through the song, very uncomfortable. I like passion and desire but he doesn’t have the backbone yet for this industry – and sobbing on Mel’s shoulder at the end just confirmed his fragility.

3 brain dead dave { 09.19.12 at 9:46 am }

It will be interesting to see how Guy goes on Letterman because Delta had a feature spot on it a couple of years ago and she died. I had the mute on him last night but the cameras were focusing on his tatts and his muscles a lot.

Josh made it through, he’s just unbearable.

4 sue N { 09.19.12 at 9:46 am }

totally agree chasing vegas! I also thought the group performance was shit…very off key most of the time and they did NOT sound good together.

I think that Sam will struggle to get votes, becoz she is not a tweeny girl that the young ones will vote for, and she aint male- same reason for voting… not all voting of course, but a large % is the female crush vote- either for the young males or the young girls they want to emulate. bit sad really, becoz I think Sam has a stunning voice! & altho many moons ago, Guy was not my fave to win Idol- I have really liked his last few singles, and his performance last night was excellent (not a fan of rap but I realise it helps sell him to the US and it’s popular- erghh)

my thoughts anyhow….. ( & happy to see a blog on the show :))

5 Q { 09.19.12 at 9:59 am }

Hi RR
thanks for posting, please keep them coming, it’s enjoyable to read!
just picking up on a few small typos
Adil sung ‘Just the way you are’ and yes it was pretty poor vs Sam’s ‘Without you’. And Lupe sung with Guy

6 Reality Raver { 09.19.12 at 10:17 am }

Thanks Q – My site crashed last night and I lost two blog posts The X Factor and BB so my enthusiasm for re-writing it was a tad diminished.

Big Brother one up soon.

7 Stacey { 09.19.12 at 12:26 pm }

Wow Guy has come a long way since his Idol days. You can tell he works really hard. I hope he nails Letterman!

8 Chunks { 09.19.12 at 12:32 pm }

Well I can’t complain because I don’t vote but seriously, the two country guys got through and Sam and Adil were the bottom two? Insane. Sam was always going to be unpopular with the tween girls who drive the show and do most of the voting because she’s a friend of Guy, but Adil? It doesn’t make any sense.

9 Mia { 09.19.12 at 1:41 pm }

How Jason managed to dodge the elimination bullet last night beggars belief. Neither Adil or Samantha deserved to be anywhere near bottom 2.

The group performance was just embarrassing. Did any one of them manage to sing in tune?

Guy’s performance was fantastic. He made Ronan look like a musically irrelevant dinosaur by comparison.

10 Reality Raver { 09.19.12 at 2:17 pm }

Chunks – there is another huge voting bloc and that is the over 30 female. The tweens did not hand Altiyan the win on Season one nor Andrew Wishart the runner up spot last year. Though having said that who is that voting bloc voting for this year? The cowboys?

11 Chunks { 09.19.12 at 2:28 pm }

Yes RR, I think that’s the group voting for the cowboys. There really isn’t anyone else, although the dressers are going out of their way to make Angel look well over 30!

12 A.P { 09.19.12 at 2:31 pm }

None of them are really stand outs except the groups who will all do well and one will be the winner IMO.
Guy was fantastic compared to Ronan and I’m not really a fan of his at all but he did so good!
Poor Adil has no self esteem, I felt so sorry for him, the two country boys should have been in the bottom two.
However, everyone was bad in the opening group number, it sounded awful!

13 Sue { 09.19.12 at 3:10 pm }

The group performance was hideous!

Samantha was in the bottom two because she has zero personality. A fantastic voice does not get you X factor. You need X factor! She has nothing but a voice.

14 sue N { 09.19.12 at 7:46 pm }

Jack Vigden has zero personality too, well what we saw of him- and he won AGT… thru audience votes. and now he has shocking teeth to add to the mix! 😉

15 Georgie { 09.19.12 at 7:54 pm }

Yeah sue N, he won AGT last year but Cosentino rules and is showing us his gorgeous face and fantastic talent on Ch7 as I write.

16 Georgie { 09.19.12 at 8:39 pm }

Oh and I forgot to mention his beautiful body!!!

17 Reality Raver { 09.19.12 at 8:49 pm }

Georgie – Has you head been turned by Cosentino?

18 Georgie { 09.19.12 at 8:54 pm }

Yes, yes, yes RR. CB has Ajay and I’m claiming Cosentino – yummo!

19 Stacey { 09.19.12 at 9:42 pm }

I saw Cosentino at my local shopping centre about 5 or 6 years ago… He is even better looking in real life, super nice and extremely polite. He even had the dance moves back then. Ironically, it is the same shopping centre Estelle from BB was in a few years back! (cue X-Files music) weeeeouweeiouuuu……

20 Georgie { 09.20.12 at 12:40 pm }

So Adil’s was the first head to roll, but that whole tear-filled farewell was excruciating in the extreme. Why do people put themselves up for competitions like this when they don’t have the stamina for it.

21 A.P { 09.20.12 at 12:44 pm }

Cosentino should definitely have won AGT, Jack Who?
Who’s laughing now?

22 Georgie { 09.20.12 at 12:55 pm }

Spot on A.P and I predict it won’t be too long and he’ll be performing overseas.

‘Jack Who?’ Lol.

23 A.P { 09.20.12 at 1:15 pm }

I predict Las Vegas will snap him up!
I’m sick of AGT winners always being singers. They can go on X Factor or The Voice.
The couple who did the quick change act were fantastic, I can’t figure out how they do it. They should have won this year but of course it was a singer again!

24 Georgie { 09.20.12 at 1:43 pm }

Agree A.P – maybe the quick change artists can do double billing with Cosentino in Vegas.

25 A.P { 09.20.12 at 1:58 pm }

Exactly what I was thinking Georgie, both acts are different and amazing, maybe thats what people want now, not just singers.

26 Fran { 09.20.12 at 8:28 pm }

JOSH BROOKES has been “disqualified after acting in an inappropriate manner on social media”…

BUT, here is the mystery…

Channel 7, Fremantle Media and the Producers of The X Factor have provided no full details as to what happened…

Why was Josh Brookes disqualified?

27 Reality Raver { 09.26.12 at 9:40 pm }

hmmm….that’s rather interesting. I have always been a big fan of Britney’s and she seems to be cleaning up her act and personal life recently. She’s been through a lot and she got into the music and entertainment industry at such a young age. I was really shocked to hear how much she hates Demi Lovato! I wonder how the X Factor is going to get by this season. http://gossip-celebrity.net/index.php/britney-spears-hates-demi-lovato/