Hayden Quinn TV Show Snippet And Other Food Show News

Masterchef’s Hayden Quinn has been travelling overseas shooting a new food/travel series. Above is a little glimpse of it. No news yet of whether it has been picked up by a Network.

The problem is that Anthony Bourdain does these shows so well that it is hard for these other guys to emulate it. Maybe he will get the younger food fan to watch.

Also Syke and Alana’s new show, A Taste Of Travel, which has started on TEN on Saturday afternoons. Has anyone watched it and if so what did you think? Same goes for Aaron Harvie’s new cooking show, Love To Share, has anyone watched it?

In other food show news there is the The Great Food Truck Race screening on ABC2 on Friday nights at 7.30pm and repeated on Wednesday night’s at 10.20pm. It is series two.

The premise of the show is eight specialty food trucks, compete against each other for the next seven weeks in different cities. Tyler Florence is the host and the winners prize is $100,000.

Also the UK Masterchef is currently showing on Lifestyle Food at 7.30pm weeknights.

Also Wednesday nights at 6.00pm is the UK show The Restaurant on ABC2 with Raymond Blanc as the host. It has received good feedback from the critics that matter aka Reality Ravings readers.

1 K-A { 09.20.12 at 12:50 pm }

Hi Emma, do you know who the production company is for Hayden’s new show?

2 Georgie { 09.20.12 at 12:52 pm }

I’d like to watch Aaron Harvie’s show but 4pm Saturday is not the best timeslot for TV watching in my life.

I’ve been watching The Restaurant on ABC and am enjoying that very much. The judges are straight to the point without all the manufactured hype and melodrama.

Tried to watch the Food Truck show on ABC2 last night but it didn’t come on until sometime after 10pm, so I duly fell asleep in the first 10 minutes.

3 Reality Raver { 09.20.12 at 12:52 pm }

K-A – not sure he may have self funded it and be hoping to get it picked up. You could contact him via FB or Twitter @hayden_quinn and ask him.

4 Miss Piggy { 09.20.12 at 12:57 pm }

So why is Kermie, I mean Haydyn not speaking in that promo??? I’d probably watch the NYC episode as I watch EVERYTHING that features NYC (even Seasme Street).

5 Bilsey { 09.20.12 at 1:03 pm }

Watched Aaron’s show on Saturday afternoon but only after accidently stumbling upon it while channel surfing… Ok production but he didn’t actually do any cooking that I saw.. The two offsiders actually cooking while Aaron played commentator were quite boring n not really engaging.. Love Aaron and hope something better comes out of this but in my view I enjoyed his Pizza Hut ads better (enough said really)… Probably won’t be tuning in this week RR.

6 ErinTank { 09.20.12 at 1:13 pm }

I watched both A Taste of Travel and Love to Share last week (well, I recorded them and watched them later).

I thought A Taste of Travel was quite boring, and both Skye and Alana annoyed me (even though I liked them both when they were on Masterchef). Also the ads for this Saturday’s episode made it seem like they were going back to the same places – not much variety then! Won’t be tuning in again.

Aaron seemed awkward as the host of Love to Share – but overall it was ok, and I’ll give it another go. Very Saturday Kitchen-esque. And the girl who is the ‘granny skills expert’ seems a bit young for this role. It would have been awesome if they had Merle as the Granny Skills expert!

I went on their website afterwards to get the recipes, but in order to access all of the recipes they demonstrated on the show, you had to sign up to their ‘community’, and I had so much trouble with this (I think I ended up logging in via facebook, which I didn’t want to do). Good idea behind the online community – getting everyone to share their recipes – they are attempting to build on a nice philosophy, but not everyone wants to be involved to that extent. I’ll give it another go this Saturday.

7 Culinary Boner { 09.20.12 at 1:27 pm }

For this type of show, Bourdain is the veritable Big Kuhuna – hhttp://3.bp.blogspot.com/-IcMeCNmW9hs/TaO88_yoVnI/AAAAAAAAAos/YuBeeFcwsr4/s1600/bone-a-phone.jpg –
compared to Hayden,
the Aussie Surf Smurf -(http://windsurfatlanta.org/sites/default/files/pictures/surfer-smurf-i6.jpg ).

Good quote from Bourdain in this spot-on article about how hipster culture has been ruining my interest in food of late – http://www.dailylife.com.au/dl-food/foodies-are-the-new-hipsters-20120919-266m1.html

“In the end, I made my own private peace with hipsters… God love them – they’re the driving force behind just about every restaurant we want to eat at these days,” writes veteran food celebrity Anthony Bourdain, “We may think we’ve seen enough ironically bearded cooks with pig tattoos on their forearms.
But let’s face it … I’d still rather eat at a loud restaurant where I can barely hear my companions over the music than eat in a room with a bunch of golfers.”

8 brain dead dave { 09.20.12 at 5:33 pm }

I’ll check out Skye and Alana’s show.

I’ll save Hayden and Aaron’s tilts for when I’m dead, however.

9 gidgetvonlarue { 09.20.12 at 6:48 pm }

Aaron is not a great host – all seems a bit forced and uncomfortable. Skye is ok but is really quite a dull person so that comes across on TV.
There are so many ‘travel and try’ food shows I’m not sure how Hayden will do. Those shows work with Bourdain, Stein, Adam Richman etc plus the variety of Food Network Shows we do NOT get to see – work for a reason. The person hosting is sharp, entertaining, witty and has a stack of personality. Is Hayden up to it – eh. Doubt it.

Great Food Truck Race is a hoot. We ‘obtain’ it – up to season 3 with an Aussie team. Sadly they are as thick as bricks. I just wish we could have the same type of food truck situation here – but it’s near impossible – like, really impossible.

I’m considering entering Come Dine with Me! But I don’t think I’m crazy or annoying enough.

10 JK { 09.21.12 at 8:59 am }

Anthony Bourdain is the bomb! I love his shows because he is such a natural!

11 Morgan { 09.21.12 at 8:22 pm }

Who here has been watching Destination Flavour? I’m loving it so far, especially the parts with Adam. I think we got very lucky having him win MCA 2, makes me wonder if we’ll ever get another winner like him. While I quite like Andy and think he gets way more hate than he deserves (on here at least), I can see that he is no Adam.

12 Lisa { 01.14.13 at 10:30 am }

Watching Aaron on Love To Share just makes me cringe. He’s trying way too hard, looks awkward and uncomfortable, and is most of all is really annoying. I’d quite like to watch it but I can’t because of Aaron.