Big Brother – The Edit Is Crucial In Who Gets Eliminated

Channel NINE were in hot water this afternoon with a promo going to air at 4.15pm which said George had been eliminated. Mumbrella has the full report, NINE went into damage control saying that they had made an advertisement for all the nominated contestants and that George’s was broadcast early in error.

The Big Brother Facebook page said the promo was wrong and was urging people to continue voting.

It probably was a stuff up but it does not fill the voters with a lot of confidence.

How the housemate gets edited in the week of their nomination is crucial on whether they are eliminated or not. Sarah after a shocking edit was gone, as was Ryan, Charne and Ray.

This week George was given the boring and also uncaring towards Layla edit, whereas Estelle was given a sympathetic edit hinting at her being isolated in the house. Also Bradley was given the quirky/funny edit this week.

Estelle had the highest vote to save her which had Michael looking perplexed and it was George who was evicted.

He seemed pretty OK about it but George really only  has one expression and that is his goofy grin.  He was nice enough to give Layla his nomination super power which like him could be more a curse than a blessing for her.

However he said he wanted either Zoe or Bradley to win. He probably only gave her the super power because he was smart enough to realise he would be booed by the audience.

Unfortunately there was less than half an hour to wrap up what has happened Friday and Saturday night in the house. Angie and Layla kind of made up from their fight but Angie appeared to think she had not done much wrong.

Layla was sitting on Sam’s bed but to be honest he did not look interested. However now George is gone maybe things will heat up.

Ava and Josh are smooching a lot, with Michael getting jealous. Does he have a man crush on Josh? It will be interesting to see if he nominates Ava.

And the other news is the 38 year old is a dog that is going to enter the house. What a bummer it is not an actual person. Interesting about the claim that no older people applied just going by some of the commenters here there appeared to be quite a few that had.

Bradley received a make over because clearly he needs to learn that girls will only like him if he is dressed as a metrosexual including waxed eyebrows and fake tan. Clearly he wants a superficial girl. He should lose his virginity once he leaves the house now that he has found fame on TV. He is quite funny so hope he picks a nice girl.

Also props for the product placement of the KFC meal. The housemates did not even have to fake excitement they were excited. This must be what happens when you get locked in a house for over a month.

1 Ari { 09.23.12 at 9:39 pm }

I really like Bradley, he has personality and I’m honestly OVER the single 20-somethings who have nothing to do but hook up. I hope he gets saved.

CH9’s editing is horrible, they’re pretty desperate to keep the “interesting” people in.

Oh yes and KFC. I get pretty excited over KFC too. I had a meal on Friday because it was the last day of half of semester so I rewarded myself with KFC. Good times.

But yeah that promo IS suspicious…

2 brain dead dave { 09.23.12 at 9:52 pm }

The KFC made them run around like chooks with their heads cut off….

3 Sioux Denim { 09.24.12 at 12:40 am }

Thought George would have teed up his ‘tradie’ buddies to Save him and pay their phone bills in return if he so loaded… would love to know the volume of calls made on these shows – anyone have any idea?

So true RR about the edit – if Angie was up this week she would have been a goner.

Michael for sure will vote for Ava – god, he is control freak heh!

4 librarygirl { 09.24.12 at 6:58 am }

RR, BB is completely off my radar because I don’t watch anything on Channel 9 – can you tell us is it raring well? are people happily with it?

5 librarygirl { 09.24.12 at 6:58 am }

RR, BB is completely off my radar because I don’t watch anything on Channel 9 – can you tell us is it rating well? are people happily with it?

6 Isabel { 09.24.12 at 7:33 am }

Well, that was a bit of a surprise – seeing old Georgie booted out. He appeared to be even more boring and inarticulate on stage than when he was in the house – but then again we didn’t hear him say very much in there!

It will be interesting to see how Estelle is treated from now on, and if she is nominated tonight. The inmates surely must realise
that she is popular on the outside as she received the most votes to save.

Probably Angie, Ava to be nominated, I’m unsure who might be the third one.

I can’t see this programme running again in 2013 – Sonia is the worst host – wooden and no ad libbing – and I reckon there must be a teleprompter somewhere close by …..

7 Likes2Watch { 09.24.12 at 7:42 am }

I’m a bit concerned at the editing to be honest, especially as there is money involved here, from the viewing public in regards to voting I mean.
There was extra footage shown last night of the whole Layla/Angie drama, and what was shown tonight really shows how much Angie did want to fight Layla, she was right up in her face being very aggressive. I believe she should have received a strike at the very least!
I just feel very manipulated by BB at the moment, and I know reality tv is never really “real” there are always storylines and what not, but I don’t believe we are being shown an honest account of all the housemates.

8 Reality Raver { 09.24.12 at 7:59 am }

LibraryGirl – It is rating ok – around the one million mark and obviously it is getting in the younger viewer. They probably would have liked higher ratings. It will be interesting to see if they renew, I suspect they will as it is solid. The last three episodes have been good, and tonight should be interesting as well as it is nominations.
However as Likes2watch pointed out you do feel a bit manipulated by the edit.

9 A.P { 09.24.12 at 8:00 am }

Did you see the look between Josh and Michael outside as George was about to go through the elimination doors? They looked as if they were thinking Oh no what have we done, what happened! I’m sure that they knew each other had voted for George. I read that Ray had said its easy to fool BB when talking about nom noms.
They should give Estelle and Bradley a rest this week and nominate someone different as they must realize by now that those two are reasonably popular on the outside.
I think Layla and Angie only made up because they worry about how they are perceived on the outside and they didn’t really mean it, its just simmering under the surface, they will nominate each other for sure. I agree Angie should have got a strike!
Ava and Angie, maybe Layla or the usual Brad and Estelle will be up for nomination tonight.
When the dog comes in, I hope its treated better than in BB1 when the RSPCA had to step in and take it away. I googled it up and most housemates didn’t want to have to share their household food budget with the dog! Apart from one or two, no one wanted the bother of looking after it, terrible selfish people.

10 Reality Raver { 09.24.12 at 8:02 am }

AP – Hope it is a small dog as it might get cabin fever being stuck in there.

11 Nathan { 09.24.12 at 8:52 am }

last night – anyone notice sonia tell him not to keep grabbing her microphone??they tried to bleep it out ,but i noticed it straight away…..i remember he did the same thing on the launch show.

12 Sioux Denim { 09.24.12 at 12:07 pm }

Heh Nathan – no, I didnt hear that (good pick-up) but I mentioned to my brother that he did that a lot when he went in the house – and then he seemed to stop…………….

Agree totally AP – the gotta give B-Rad and Estelle a break – would like to see Michael or Josh up for nom noms…..that would scare the hell outta them!

13 Stacey { 09.24.12 at 1:16 pm }

It will be interesting if they even do nom noms tonight because there is no eviction this week, but the one in two weeks is a double. If they do it tonight does that mean the housemates who are up know about it for 2 weeks?

14 Isabel { 09.24.12 at 1:24 pm }

Stacey, I think I read yesterday that there will an eviction on the Monday or Tuesday and noms on the Tuesday or Wednesday – I think that’s what I read anyway, something to do with grand finals.

15 Darryl { 09.24.12 at 2:45 pm }

The next eviction is Tuesday October 2. I have heard it is planned to be double eviction

16 Reality Raver { 09.24.12 at 2:59 pm }

Darryl – they are going to have start flicking them as they are half way through the series. So no surprise. Maybe they should all be up for nomination next week if it is a double

17 A.P { 09.24.12 at 4:02 pm }

I hope they will all be up for eviction RR, I’d love to see the smiles wiped off Michael’s and Josh’s faces!