Big Brother – Nominations – Three Girls Up

Sonia Kruger the nominations were going to be surprising however Ava and Angie were always going to be nominated. It was a tad surprising that Estelle was up again but clearly she is not well liked in the house. The Australian viewer is not getting the annoying Estelle edit, nor do we get to see Angie and Estelle bickering a lot.

All we are seeing is pashing if it is not Josh and Ava slobbering over each other it is now Sam and Layla. Layla is pretty smooth with the guys. Zoe was a bit miffed that she missed out on George, but her confidence is not great in that area.

George said she was a great girl but clearly he did not see Zoe as girlfriend material.

Sam gave Layla the boy code talk of not taking the kissing too seriously. As he said “he likes connecting with girls” and “likes to have fun”. So he doesn’t want to be exclusive.

Pre-nominations it seemed that Michael was skirting pretty close to getting another strike. He discussed with Josh how he would feel if Ava was nominated and also he and Ben talked about Bradley and how they now liked him.

However it was no surprise that Michael and Angie gave nomination points to Ava. What was surprising was Stacey not giving any to Ava.

Layla had the nomination superpower where she was able to give six points to one person. As she suggested the people nominated may be able to tell who she had given these points to. However in this case Angie thought Layla had given her the six points. Lucky for Michael there was this power as he may have been up for nomination.

The housemates had to vote for one person for strategy reasons. Basically saying why they are a threat. Some reasons were better than other. In fact I thought Ava’s were particularly weak but it was her first week of nominations.

Also this week they were not allowed to cover their mouths when they were saying the persons name.

Estelle nominated Angie for two points and three points for Stacey as her jokes are targeted at other people in the house, also she is a gossip.

Zoe gave Ava two points for hooking up with Josh. She thought this will be seen as a positive by the viewer, and three points for Angie because of the fight with Layla.

Josh nominated Estelle for three points as he thinks she is gathering momentum in the house and building relationships, and he gave two points to Angie because of the argument with Layla. He hinted that she got a bit fiery when she drinks.

Bradley gave three points to Michael because he is a threat to win and two points to Zoe because she is a threat and likeable.

Ben nominated one point to Josh for flying under the radar and four points to Angie for flipping out over him moving her stuff.

Michael gave four points to Ava for being dull and one point to Estelle because she does not interest him. When Josh finds out after the show that Michael voted for his girlfriend will this kill the bromance?

Ava gave Bradley three points as she thinks he could win it and two points to Stacey because she shuts down when her lipsticks go missing.  Huh? I thought her excuse was a bit weak. She should have said I am nominating Stacey because she is a bitch to me.

Angie gave three points to Estelle as she is the only person she continually bickers with her and she gave two points to Ava as she is not sure she is getting the real Ava.

Stacey gave Michael three points because he is a threat because he is influential and two points to Angie she didn’t like how she acted towards Layla.

Then Layla flicked her super power six points to Estelle and she was nominated.

Angie was on 13 points, Estelle on 13 points and Ava on 8 points. If Angie continues to get the edit she got last week she will be at risk of elimination. However Ava is a bit dull even though she is hooking up with Josh, and will Estelle’s fans be sick of voting to save her?

Tomorrow the new intruder Delilah the dog is going into the house. Poor bugger looks like he is used to large outdoor spaces and it should be quite a shock to be confined to the Big Brother compound.

As my partner said if they had actually put a 38 year old, homeless woman in the house he might have started watching the show.

1 Michelle { 09.24.12 at 10:47 pm }

Havent watched the show for a while I actually feel asleep & I never fall asleep watching tv! Phone woke me up in time to see layla nominate I missed what her superpower was but thought her dramatics were very OTT. Surely she is playing the game the most? and she is playing most of the other HM`s too?
Does Josh have a personality at all, anyone seen one?

2 Ari { 09.25.12 at 12:22 am }

I find it quite amusing how Ben barely gets any votes. He’s my favourite to win (along with Bradley). Ben is like a marionette and very good at manipulating. The producers should be casting smart game players not single 20-somethings they want to set up with Angie or something. Clearly if they cast somebody who could play with some strategy they could make things interesting but NO let’s cast the mascular good guy who only ‘likes to have fun’! – Sarcasm intended.

I agree with @Michelle about the very OTT dramatics of Layla. It pretty much made the show overtime. I like Layla but stop crying over the superpower!

I used to like Angie but she’s obviously shown to become quite a brat. What happened Angie? Anyway I kinda hope she leaves. I don’t care who leaves on Sunday, will be quite satisfied with anyone of the three leaving.

I like how Michael votes people for being dull. If he wasn’t such great mates with Josh he should be voting him too.

The Stacey and Ben friendship is actually very cute. I liked them doing the radio show together last week. But Stacey seems to be fading into the background a little bit. She needs some better editing and a set character instead of just being Ben’s BFF.

So far, okay. I still like the good old CH10 versions. Being in the Big Brother house would drive me INSANE especially with the overload of drama and romance and the lack of food, I’d be voting myself out. I like how Zoe is beginning to develop a character too.

3 Likes2Watch { 09.25.12 at 7:34 am }

Layla is excruciatingly dumb! Why on earth would she give points to Estelle when anyone with semi functioning brain cells would realise she probably had enough pointsalready as she’s universally disliked in the house, and also because she has been saved THREE times by the public.
A thinking person would have given the six points to someone popular in the house like Michael, Josh or Ben.

4 Anonymous { 09.25.12 at 7:47 am }

Stacey was strategic for voting for Michael…she took the instruction very seriously, which annoyed me slightly as they are friends and other common annoyances to be rid of! really thought Ava would get more votes, Estelle proved once again why I dislike her so much…this week we are seeing ‘Crazy Estelle’ -annoying – please leave soon! Layla was annoying as all hell too….wanted her to shut up so bad. Hoping Ava goes, but will be happy for Estelle to be released so she can annoy those around her with her pathetic multiple characters….

5 Isabel { 09.25.12 at 7:55 am }

Is Josh’s nose getting redder?

6 A.P { 09.25.12 at 8:23 am }

We hardly saw anything of Estelle this week so I don’t know how you (Anonymous ) can say we’ve seen crazy Estelle this week. All we see is Josh and Ava, Sam and Layla pashing, its just getting sickening to see how quick they start these relationships. Didn’t take Layla long to get over George did it?
Can’t understand why Layla gave six points to Estelle either. She didn’t really undertstand what strategy meant until it was explained to her. I would have taken the opportunity to give points to Michael, Josh or Ben to see how popular they are with the outside world, but no she played it safe and put up the usual target again. I thought her aim this week was to make friends with Estelle and get to know her better? And the overacting! Please Layla, I like her but really she went overboard!
Isabel, I thought his noddy nose looked a bit redder too, maybe he’s been sunbaking with Ava too much?
Anyway, I hope Angie goes this time, I would think she’s been showing us the crazy side of her this week, not Estelle.

7 VioletsRBlue { 09.25.12 at 8:45 am }

Layla’s main concern was that the other housemates will work out who she voted for and that was the reason why she did not vote for people who never get nominated, like Michael or Josh or Ben. She knew that if they come up for eviction everyone would work out that it must have been her votes that put them there.

Regarding the new intruder I think that it will be boring to watch. I luv dogs and have one myself but seriously what interesting angle is dog going to add. Can’t they really find someone who would stir the house a bit!? At the moment I don’t want any of them to win. And I agree the pushing scenes are getting very boring.

8 Isabel { 09.25.12 at 8:45 am }

AP, I reckon when, hopefully, Angie goes and Estelle is saved yet again they might change their tactics when see that it’s a waste of time nominating her as she is obviously popular on the outside – either that or the public feel sorry for her.

9 A.P { 09.25.12 at 9:05 am }

VioletsRBlue ( I like that name BTW ), yes I get that’s the reason Layla voted that way because she was scared of the reaction if she chose one of the “popular” people, but she could have chosen Angie or Ava as she must have known they would be up for eviction as well.
BB should not reveal to the other housemates what the superpower actually was so that Layla would not look bad for voting the way she wanted.
I feel sorry for this dog, hope its looked after properly and not taken back to the pound when the show is over, better still, split the money between the dog and Surly!

10 Reality Raver { 09.25.12 at 9:07 am }

Michelle – yeah I think Josh is a bit wet (old fashioned term).

Ari – I am surprised Ben is sailing through but he is probably making them laugh. Interesting to see that Michael said if Ben stopped turning into Brenda he might win. We have seen Brenda once!

A.P. – yes she did say that she wanted to get to know Estelle, though I think VioletsRBlue probably is right with their rationale. Layla for someone so stupid is thinking strategically.

Isabel – I reckon it will be a tight vote this week as the will be voters apathy does anyone care who goes?

Anon – agree but maybe at this stage of the game there are more annoying people in the house than Ava. Josh is certainly flying under the radar.

Likes2watch – she doesn’t want to be seen putting a popular person up for elimination.

11 Bolders { 09.25.12 at 9:46 am }

RR – you are so right about Layla being stupid. But come on, it HAS to be an act. What about her numerous “duh waddya mean?” questions when Sam was basically trying to tell her, this kissing business doesnt mean anything. How cringe inducing was that conversation. Generally I dont like calling people stupid but sheesh. And she seems so happy being stupid. Does she know she’s stupid? If it was me and I found myself aksing people 10 times a day “I dont know what that means” or found people explaining the meaning of words to me 10 times a day, I may just twig to the realisation that perhaps my bulb aint so bright and, oh I dont konw, pick up a book every now, the kind that doesn’t have pictures.

It is infuriating to see a woman act so stupid so consistently.

Did they check her IQ? She could be special in the Forrest Gump category of special.

12 Reality Raver { 09.25.12 at 9:49 am }

Bolders – just be thankful her and George are not going to breed.

13 brain dead dave { 09.25.12 at 10:15 am }

It’s only right that Layla’s now hooking up with the son of Frankenstein because he looks like he’s had a lobotomy.

She needs a bigger vocabulary than ” Ooooh, ah doon’t nor!”,ffs.

I too thought Layla’s stupidity might be an act but am convinced that she’s just too dumb to pull that off. She’s more interested in pulling off the guys in there.

I hope Ava goes. That will piss Pinocchio off and leave Angie and Estelle to continue annoying the others. Angie’s dummy spits are good viewing.

14 Anonymous { 09.25.12 at 10:37 am }

I actually quite liked Layla before last night..but could anyone honestly be so “thick?”..yep obviously they can…I think she was a bit too thick even for Einstein George which is saying something..so no chance of them breeding RR…also Layla is a “people pleaser” and massive conflict avoider.
I can’t believe how “tarty” some of those girls are..pashing and bed hopping with guys they’ve just met..no wonder they’re not considered girlfriend material.
Bradley has a great sense of humour and I know he can be quite gauche but some of his one liners are classics.
Michael is super jealous of Ava..hence the big nom points.Ava obviously didn’t find out about Stacey’s tofu throwing..poor love probably ate it.
Now being a massive dog lover I really protest about putting a dog into the house especially a kelpie..they are working farm dogs not meant to be confined in a small space with a bunch of twits..a few of whom may have lower intelligence than poor Delilah. Judging by the reaction of the audience and lack of enthusiasm by Sonia..word was well and truly out via social media that Delilah was a dog hence the brief intro.

15 The Oracle { 09.25.12 at 10:39 am }

Sorry folks..no 14..c’est moi..forgot to log in..

16 Bolders { 09.25.12 at 10:45 am }

BDD – ” Ooooh, ah doon’t nor!”

Perfectly put BDD – snort.

17 Anonymous { 09.25.12 at 12:09 pm }

Sam to Layla: ‘of course I’ll respect you in the morning’
Layla to Sam: oooh,ah don’t nor, what does respect mean’

I mean .. which one of them didn’t know what to vote strategically meant – I think that might have been Layla. No it’s not an act with Layla – she’s as thick as mud as they say in her part of the UK.

18 Trent { 09.25.12 at 12:13 pm }

Why do you mention the girls are “tarty” Anonymous… it takes two to tango…
And they have had two dogs in other series in the house.. Series 1 and i think it was season 7
And i am a guy..

19 Isabel { 09.25.12 at 12:43 pm }

Sorry, I’m #17, don’t know how that happened!

20 brain dead dave { 09.25.12 at 12:47 pm }

There are plenty of sheep in the house to keep a kelpie amused.

21 TB { 09.25.12 at 1:09 pm }

@anonymous

I can’t believe how “tarty” some of those boys are..pashing and bed hopping with girls they’ve just met..no wonder they’re not considered boyfriend material.

22 The Oracle { 09.25.12 at 1:13 pm }

Yes it does take 2 to tango Trent but I know Im probably being sexist here but I would have expected more of the girls. I honestly think Josh was “pushed” to hook up with Ava by BB as so much emphasis was put on him and Ava when she first entered the house.
Honestly call me fussy where guys are concerned but would Ava hook up with Josh in the real world?..he probably wouldn’t get a look in..neither would most of the guys in the house apart from Sam..and he’s turned out a real little “player”..guys who give hickies creep me out..don’t care how good looking they are..but I’m sure he did that to stir up the girls.
A propos the dog….they did have one from memory one year and the RSPCA had to remove it as it was not being looked after properly.

23 Sioux Denim { 09.25.12 at 1:33 pm }

Stoopid, Stoopid Lalya – I SO wanted Michael up for noms!

24 Laura { 09.25.12 at 1:43 pm }

Funny how the actual strategic players – Ben, Michael, Stacey and Layla (IMO) – were safe from nominations – because their game is so good that they convinced all the gullible dummies not to vote for them.

Estelle, Angie & Ava … the worst, most transparent, uncontrolled players in the house!

I don’t think Layla is really that dumb at all. She has been auditioning for BB for years – in the UK, not just AU – she knows her looks & charm will get her somewhere. She is playing nice, being entertaining, looking good – all the things that will bode well for her after leaving the house. She’s smart.

As for Ben – I think the housemates know that nominating him for strategy and ultimately having him up for eviction would make for a very unpleasant week in the house. So they chose to go with the easy targets.

25 brain dead dave { 09.25.12 at 1:44 pm }

The “tarts” be they male or female are behaving the way they are because aside from their looks, they have very little else in the way of what Dr Phil calls “social currency” ie they are just life support systems for their genitalia.

It takes two to tango, sure … though I thought some of the gels had enough class to refuse a dance with these knuckle draggers.

26 A.P { 09.25.12 at 1:56 pm }

Have a look at the Daily Telegraph website, they just did a live blog with George! I was so excited that he answered some of my questions ( used my name Andrea )
He definitely doesn’t like Josh and said he would be the one he would definitely not keep in touch with. I asked him about the word ” amicable ” and he said as if he would ever forget that word now LOL!
He said Ben is the biggest game player and he likes Ray, Zoe and Estelle and he would cut his dreadlocks off for $100,000 for charity.
I think he’s glad to be out and is enjoying meeting all his fans. Great fun talking to him!

27 VioletsRBlue { 09.25.12 at 3:41 pm }

From observation two kinds of people tend to win BB: they are perceived as in most need of the money, like Peter, or not-so-smart but somehow loveable, like Reggie. Smart people dont win unless like Peter they are orphants looking after younger siblings and trying to put themselves through medical school to ensure better future for their brothers and sisters. Hence playing dumb but lovable and funny might be the best strategy ever. People don’t usually like people who are smarter than them thatsway Michael has no chance of winning. Intellectuals are also out as only intellectuals value other intellectuals. Hence Ben is out as well. Zoe is in the running as long as she will not start getting ‘intellectual’ editing but be portraited as down to earth, sweet and otherwise ‘average’. Estelle will go but not just yet as we hate being told what to do so people will vote to save her just to show the housemates that we are not their puppets. Layla plays great game so she will be in top 3. Josh, Ava, Angie and Sam will go over the next few weeks as they either have no personality or trying to hard, like Angie. Stacey will ‘wear out’ over the next few weeks in particular if they show more of her mean comments, regardless how funny it might sound at the time. Bradley will be in top 4 as people feel sorry for him although he can be funny and is smarter than he is being perceived. Hence my top 4 prediction is: Bradley, Layla, Ben and Zoe.

28 Anonymous { 09.25.12 at 5:50 pm }

Dancing Estelle, Gangster Estelle, Flirty, Horse riding Estelle, boy crazy Estelle, Psycho crying Estelle, Poor me Estelle, Happy happy joy joy Estelle, and regular (Annoying Estelle)…so many choices – who will go?

29 brain dead dave { 09.25.12 at 7:03 pm }

As if I give a $hit what Anonymous posters dribble.

30 Nathan { 09.25.12 at 7:47 pm }

looks like big brother is putting a bit of a negative spin on Ava…few comments on the site about how she continues to preen in front of the mirror instead of helping Angie and Estelle. Also Sam seems to be getting set up – the latest task and the shit-house captain quarters with Layla. I would luv to see him totally snap and wipe out joshmichaelstaceyandbenjamin! 😀

31 Morgan { 09.25.12 at 7:49 pm }

I’d love to see this show use the American Big Brother format. The public has no say in who gets evicted, it’s left entirely up to the housemates, so the HMs would actually have to use strategy and play the game to win, not just try to get the public to like them.

32 brain dead dave { 09.25.12 at 8:50 pm }

Layla : “Whoot’s a strark, Big Brootha?

Der. Not only her curlers are fried.

33 Likes2Watch { 09.25.12 at 8:50 pm }

Morgan, no way! I watch BB from all over the world (no life and unlimited downloads) and the US version is far and away the very worst! ALL the housemates do is talk about strategy, it’s Survivor in a house and dull as shite!

34 Nardigras { 09.25.12 at 10:04 pm }

Just once I want Sam to NOT get what he wants! It shits me, they all play into his smarmy hands… Layla said on tonight’s ep that she didn’t think that she and Sam would get together. Sam in his over-confident mind responds with ‘Why not? Did you think I’d pick Estelle or Angie?’
ARGH!! Instead of ‘yeah’, why couldn’t she say something like ‘nah I joost didn’t fancy ya’ ??
Fook.

35 VioletsRBlue { 09.25.12 at 10:28 pm }

I think it’s very mean what BB made Michael do to Laylas rollers. Afterall it’s damaging someones property and it’s plain stupid. They really have idiots running that show. I would understand if he hide them somewhere but burning them was a bit much. I think BB needs some rules and definitely should get a strike for such stupid ideas!

36 The Oracle { 09.25.12 at 10:39 pm }

Interesting to see some of the inmates directing there issues with other housemates via Delilah because they couldn’t say it face to face to the person concerned..eg Michael telling Delilah that Josh had dumped him for Ava while Josh was standing there embarrassingly laughing…maybe she’ll become the resident house psychologist.

37 Fiona { 09.25.12 at 10:50 pm }

Maybe surly gave Michael that task to burn laylas rollers so BB could get back at her for acting like a winging pom with her superpower. I do not understand why every person who has had it said it was a bad thing to have well i can see why George thought IT was bad lol.

38 brain dead dave { 09.25.12 at 11:32 pm }

I didn’t think Michael would be $urly’s bitch so easily. All for a bottle of shampoo.

I can hear Layla now-“Ooooh, incinerate…ah doon’t nor what thut means!”

39 Nathan { 09.25.12 at 11:36 pm }

i remember thinking back at the start – when Zoe was saying how much she hated boat people etc…that maybe she will go up against Layla…not being a proper aussie. but Zoe never fired up – about anything at all….pretty spineless.actually they are all spineless

40 A.P { 09.26.12 at 8:00 am }

Zoe is flying under the radar, and to brave anonymous above @28, why are you picking on Estelle so much, we hardly see her doing anything wrong.
What about bitchy Ben, spiteful Stacey, boring Josh, nasty Michael, crazy Angie etc?
What about when Estelle was introduced to Delilah and Stacey said quite clearly to her other cronies, ” If she takes over that dog I will hit her in the face!” Everyone laughed and agreed, great BB, what about a strike for Stacey being threatening to another housemate?

41 VioletsRBlue { 09.26.12 at 8:41 am }

I agree AP. The whole ‘let’s hate Estelle’ is getting on my nerves as well. She is by far not my favorite but it seems that she is an easy target. My theory is that this is part of strategy. They know that they can ‘safely’ vote for her and she will be up that only leaves 2 spots for them. It’s all about the odds to be nominated. For weeks it was Estelle and Bradley hence only 1 spot left for others. It’s an obvious way to control nominations. The smart people dont nominate people who annoy them, they nominate people who they think others will nominate! It’s easy to work out by telling others who you ‘hate’, ie language for ‘I’m going to nominate them, you should as well’

42 Suziekue { 09.26.12 at 8:44 am }

So I was flicking between BB and the ABC 7:30 report which was looking at the big problem of workplace bullying usually undertaken by immature blokes doing stuff like setting fire to their workmates, only to see BB actually encouraging bullying in its workplace by having George incinerate Layla’s hair rollers. So just how old are the BB producers to think that stuff is funny?

Also would anyone have footage of Bradley’s makeover? What did he say to Ava following her acceptance of a mock date? Did he really say something like “so you wanna climb trees with me?” Because if that was what he said, why wasn’t it cut?

43 brain dead dave { 09.26.12 at 9:04 am }

BB is a hypocritical wanker because he cut sick about George busting that little blackboard with a lecture about damage to property etc, then expects Michael to burn someone’s personal property. Burning plastic in a place where people are making food is a bloody stupid idea, too.

Bradley did say that Suziekue.

44 Nathan { 09.26.12 at 9:11 am }

how come stacey is so well liked in there? everytime she invents a word – like cray cray,nom-noms…. the housemates cant get enough of it.i think its pretty similar to estelles rapping… just dont get why estelle is hated for it ,but stacey can do no wrong…even sonia is using the lingo now.. :/

45 muscle & fitness { 03.02.14 at 3:15 pm }

Want to 24 hour fitness lose belly fat? The younger groups placed more emphasis on family whereas the older teens
placed more emphasis on futuristic goals.

my website: muscle & fitness