Big Brother Australia – Josh’s Chances Of Winning Are Fading Fast

Josh’s chance of winning Big Brother is slowly slipping out of his grasp. He was one of the early front runners but now he has hooked up with Ava he has turned a tad dull.

It is boring for his housemates and it is boring for the viewer. No wonder the producers are giving Ava a crap edit, as having two of the housemates locking lips for the next few weeks is not going to make great TV.

As Zoe aptly described it tonight Ava is like one of those koala clips stuck on to Josh.

The housemates were also bitching about Ava being cryptic when telling them details of her life. Stacey is guessing she is famous in the Ukraine. However we can confirm she has not been a contestant on Eurovision yet…

It was good to see footage on how Angie received her love bite. It was not in the kitchen with Sam but in the garden. Also they smooched a few times and she looked like she liked him. No wonder there was the big fight between Angie and Layla.

Sam said to Big Brother that he was sick of all the one on one conversations and just wanted to do stuff that was going to stir the house up. Angie was wondering if he was a plant by Big Brother.

Michael must have realised his bitching about Ava may not be making him look good outside the house and he went in to the diary room to say Ava was not as bad has he first thought and if it was helping to distract Josh he was fine with that.

Josh does appear to be in love, however he may also be going a bit crazy in the house and implied to Michael that all the conversations were doing his head in. He did looked peeved at Bradley when he was having a go at him about hooking up with Ava and that the old Josh had gone.

Also props to Bradley for trying to crack a move on Estelle when she was talking to him on eviction day.  She said this could be their last day in the house. He moved over and said “Lets make it worthwhile”.

The other scene that was amusing was Layla and Angie’s work out it lasted for less than five minutes. It is a bit weird that Angie who is a former weight lifter does not like exercise.

Benjamin had a nice treat of seeing a message from his partner, but he had to complete a challenge first which was to take the mobile phone and do what BB requested of him. He only appeared to do two challenges which were jump in the pool in Ava’s dress and arm wrestle Bradley and let him win.  When he told the other housemates about the challenge and that he had to do some things to get it,the housemates asked did you burn Layla’s rollers. He gave an emphatic no,  now that was amusing.

1 A.P { 09.28.12 at 6:06 am }

RR, when was the footage shown of Angie getting the hickey? Was it in the BB confidential because we didn’t get that here last night. Delilah said stay tune for it but then they went straight to The Footy Show instead damm!
Michael is playing the game, that’s why he went into the diary room to say Ava wasn’t that bad! I think he hates her but doesn’t want to be seen in a bad light. If only he knew how sick of her we all are!
Josh is really wrecking his chances of winning BB, no one wants to see him permanently attatched to Ava, its so boring for us and every other housemate, he needs to wake up to himself, cheer up and stop being so boring!
Layla and Sam aren’t much better the way they carry on, that’s why characters like Ben and Bradley are so much more interesting for the viewers.
I wish someone would give Michael a make over and cut his hair, he really does look so grotty now and at least it would be something to do and a change in the house.
If there’s another series of BB I hope we get a more diverse group next time.

2 Isabel { 09.28.12 at 7:32 am }

It’s like watching a train wreck – you can’t look away! I wouldn’t admit to anyone that I watch this rubbish.

Agree AP, Michael needs a makeover and wouldn’t a girl murder for his hair, which he can’t stop flicking and running his fingers through! Just like Layla and Ava.

Josh in his undies, hanging on to his privates is not a good look! I don’t think he’s got any chance of winning, whether Ava is there or not – there isn’t much going on between his ears. Wonder if there’s much doona dancing going on between those two when the lights are out. I suspect there is but we won’t see it.

I’m sick of Layla too. And Sam.

3 Reality Raver { 09.28.12 at 8:22 am }

AP it was BB Con the first five mins in. It was very interesting indeed.

4 Stacey { 09.28.12 at 8:28 am }

AP I didn’t get Confidential either WTF was with that!

5 Calliegirl { 09.28.12 at 8:45 am }

Yes I was disappointed as well when The Footy Show (AFL) came on at 8.30 – although I must admit it was a terrific show. Please go next Ava – no value whatsoever!!

6 A.P { 09.28.12 at 8:57 am }

I just saw WIN (thats regional 9 ) and apparently its on tonight instead at 8pm.

7 Calliegirl { 09.28.12 at 9:05 am }

Thanks AP – I watch through WIN.

8 Stacey { 09.28.12 at 9:14 am }

I also get WIN here in Bairnsdale. Ive just been on the BB website and Benjamin had to do more than two challenges. He also had to pretend to cry over his favourite TV show, tell a story about how he used to be a truckie, get a 15 minute workout from Sam and throw Micheals dandruff shampoo over the fence. They shouldve shown that.

9 A.P { 09.28.12 at 9:21 am }

Yeah, Stacey, that would have been more interesting than seeing Josh and Ava all the time!

10 Samantha { 09.28.12 at 9:31 am }

Aw, I missed all of this because I was guilt tripped into watching a One Direction special by a twelve year old.
I’m with Isabel. I’m addicted, but I won’t admit it to anyone!

11 Moo { 09.28.12 at 11:04 am }

I feel sorry for all the teenage girls watching this show and getting the fake impression that the best way to win a guy over is to act like a “koala clip.”

No wonder Generation Y became so screwed up from watching toxic television like this over the past decade. At this rate, it looks like Generation Z will go down the same path.

12 brain dead dave { 09.28.12 at 12:26 pm }

Josh does appear to be imploding. He’s grown a lot in the house- he’s even more boring than when we started.

It’s as plain as the nose on his face.

13 Isabel { 09.28.12 at 12:40 pm }

I wonder if Josh has had his oats yet ..

14 Carole { 09.28.12 at 12:54 pm }

Actually, if you follow BBAULIVE on Twitter, he did a few more things that weren’t shown. He had to throw Michael’s newly earned special shampoo over the fence and had to tell a story about his favourite TV show and burst into tears, which he seemed to have difficulty with. I was surprised too at Sam suddenly taking up with Layla after kissing Angie so passionately on Friday night, it seemed he liked her, then on Sunday nights show he’s with Layla.

15 Nardigras { 09.28.12 at 1:02 pm }

Perhaps the other housemates aren’t too concerned at Josh’s recent behaviour (other than Michael missing his mate) as they are witnessing him literally kissing his chances of winning goodbye? It will be interesting to see how he handles the aftermath when Ava inevitably goes this week.

16 The Oracle { 09.28.12 at 1:07 pm }

@ Isabel..I think Josh might have had more than one helping..lol!

17 SomeoneSensible { 09.28.12 at 1:50 pm }

Ok, am I the only one who doesnt think Ava isnt really all that bad? Yes, she is not adding much value to the show directly, BUT, she is eliciting a reaction from the other housemates-isnt that interesting to watch? I cant understand why the viewers hate her so much- surely that just means everyone is being influenced by channel 9’s edit? I can see her as an extremely guarded person (with a possible agenda for going on the show) & thats what makes her “boring”, but I really think its a case of everyone getting influenced by one thought that has snow-balled into something that may not be true?
& While I would personally hate to be around Josh-Ava pashing all the time, I dont see why we as viewers, are complaining – we dont get shown much of that anyway. Honeslty I just though that thats how Gen-Y these days is …

& on another note, I have to say that Stacey is really getting on my nerves with her super bitchy comments. Sure she is funny, but the way she was sitting on the side of Josh when Bradley was confronting him & talking against Bradley, was just super hypocritical of her when she clearly feels the same thing as Bradley (or maybe there was more to that scene, that I missed out on?)

I dont know am finding it really odd that this time the people who bother me are favourites with others & vice-versa :S

P.S: How I wish the commentor ‘Brain dead dave’ was a contestant on Big Brother…

18 Kelsta { 09.28.12 at 2:12 pm }

@BDD: PMSL, you crack me up “plain as the nose on his face”

@Isabel: had his oats or sown them?

Get rid of Ava – I want to see Josh flip out (if he’s capable of such emotions) and I’m sick of seeing a 29yo act like a 16yo. GROW UP ALREADY.

@Nardigras: it is interesting that no-one says much really (other than Bradley). Maybe they feel it would be seen as a negative to the viewer and it will soon be Josh’s time to go? Who knows!

19 brain dead dave { 09.28.12 at 2:26 pm }

Thank you for the kind comments, Kelsta and SomeoneSensible.

Not sure if I ‘d want to be in the house. I’d be in the punishment room 24/7 for swearing at these beige mother****ers .

20 A.P { 09.28.12 at 2:33 pm }

I would love Josh to say stuff you BB I’m walking right out of here with my little koala, if she goes, I go! It would be great for the ratings, they don’t even get any prizes so whats the point of staying unless you are the eventual winner, and Josh looks bored all the time.
I agree, BDD would be a perfect housemate on BB, plenty of good debates!

21 Bolders { 09.28.12 at 4:40 pm }

Someonesensible, it’s not so much a hatred of Ava but rather, from my perspective, an irritation that she, like Layla, dont seem to have much substance to them other than taking on the role of succubus in the house.

22 brain dead dave { 09.28.12 at 5:03 pm }

I voted for Angie to go….though she’s starting to look like Mother Theresa next to the Clinging Koala and Lay-her (ta Bolders).

Ava’s practically made RR’s poll explode.

23 planb { 09.28.12 at 5:28 pm }

Josh is now second in line to win, according to the bookies. The odds in his favour have gone up, apparently, since he hooked up with Ava. So…

It’s a strategy that didn’t hurt Jamie in his season (he won), although poor Katy got evicted, having been deemed a slapper for falling in love with him and thinking it was real.

Ava’s made Josh extra boring, but I expect she will be out this week after the edit she’s got, unless she has a bunch of paid lackeys waiting in the wings with mucho phone credit. I hope she goes.

24 Carole { 09.28.12 at 5:44 pm }

I wonder when they will be told the eviction isn’t on Sunday night. Will Big Brother be mean enough to let them get dressed up and pack their bags and then tell them. He is a cruel & twisted bastard.

25 Likes2Watch { 09.28.12 at 8:44 pm }

The whole thing is getting mind numbingly boring. I keep watching in the hopes somebody will have an epic meltdown and jump the wall or take hostages in the diary room. Anything except the constant smooching and snuggling. It’s making me lose the will to live!

26 brain dead dave { 09.28.12 at 9:19 pm }

Glad I wasn’t eating dinner during BB tonight. Bradley picking his nose and then flicking the results off his fingers onto the couch. I preferred it when he picked the double eviction.

27 VioletsRBlue { 09.28.12 at 10:09 pm }

I’m wondering if BB will tell them that Michael burned Layla’s bag and rollers. That would be so funny watching Michael’s and other housemates reaction. It could also change dynamics in the house. At the end of the day Michael did not have to do it. In fact he should reveal everyone’s missions. That just would be so funny to watch!

28 Someonesensible { 09.28.12 at 10:12 pm }

@Boulders,
Thank you for the response…yeah but I dont see most of them having any substance…well yeah i see what you mean…atleast Michael, Ben, Bradley etc have *some* thing going for them…even Josh, Sam, Angie, Estelle etc have the dumb & stupid thing…what is Ava’s USP? She had a good voice…she could have atleast sung some funny duets with Josh & made her short stint worthwhile…yup, looking at most of the responses, am also pretty sure shes going this week…Add me to the list of people who cant wait to see Josh flip…

29 Samantha { 09.28.12 at 11:08 pm }

@SomeoneSensible
Ava is flat out dull and clingy. However, I think she started festering in a lot of people’s minds with the “I don’t like the limelight” comment.

And when did I miss the no eviction on Sunday night thing? When is the eviction? And why?

30 A.P { 09.29.12 at 8:00 am }

@Samantha, no eviction Sunday because of football grand finals, it will be extended shows Mon, Tues and Wed. I think channel 9 forget about their Go channel, we could have watched it on there as well as Survivor! Its so frustrating for the fans waiting for Channel 9 to make desicions when to show these things.
@ Someone sensible, I don’t think Ava will sing unless she gets paid for it, just like Deni Hines who was too precious about her voice to sing a jingle on Celebrity Apprentice.

31 Isabel { 09.29.12 at 8:25 am }

Limited Edition Burberry bag my eye .. probably a limited edition from the Ladies’ Market in Hong Kong!! She just smiled when she found that the rollers had been destroyed – perhaps she still hasn’t realised that the bag has gone! And the new ‘designer’ bag doesn’t look big enough to hold even one roller!

Bradley seems to be the only ‘intelligent’ one there – and I say intelligent with tongue in cheek. He’ll probably win.

32 Stacey { 09.29.12 at 9:34 am }

I agree Isabel, I think Bradley has a good chance at winning, too. And I think he is very intelligent, he just has no life experiences yet.
As for the burberry bag, when I saw Micheal pick it up I could swear it was a mimco bag, I was like “Just burn the rollers!”
Commenters are right in saying that he could’ve refused, but he didn’t know he would get such a disappointing reward. Maybe he thought he was getting a message from the outside and so thought it would be worth something.

33 The Oracle { 09.29.12 at 10:01 am }

Hopefully Ava goes this week.. Josh then orders crate loads of lip balm and reverts to being just that tiny bit interesting..every time that woman latches herself on to Josh just makes me cringe..he’s starting to get worn out :(…guys in the outside world will now run a mile so she’s doing herself no favours..sh’ed be the girlfriend from hell..

34 Michelle { 09.29.12 at 10:40 am }

Did Josh ever have a personality pre Ava? I found him extrememly bland, boring & self obsessed.
Ava sings at a tapas bar in Melbourne, is not signed to any record company, how can she say she has a status as someone famous?
I hope Delilah wins, she has 100 times more personality than any other HM in there.

35 VioletsRBlue { 09.29.12 at 11:07 am }

36 VioletsRBlue { 09.29.12 at 11:58 am }

So Ava just sings in a tapas bar?! Well if at 29 she is still not sign up then her chances are getting slim. Maybe she hopes to increase her chances after BB? Well lets hope she goes soon and can come back to her ‘famous’ life!:-) I am worried that she might not go as the voting is to save and the other 2 might not get lots of ‘save’ votes. Would be interesting to watch the next eviction show! And how Josh would behave if Ava is gone.

37 brain dead dave { 09.29.12 at 12:28 pm }

Agree with Carole in comment 24 that BB is a cruel and twisted bastard.

If it’s true that the Surlys are being caught in the wild , dumped in that shithole of an aquarium until they either die or get sick- all for the amusement of the housemates and viewers….then the producers of this mindless muck should be accountable to laws in place against the deliberate mistreatment of animals.

38 Stacey { 09.29.12 at 10:53 pm }

If Ava doesn’t go this week, It will be obvious how out of touch I am with the young voters, and therefore will have to reasess why the hell I am even watching BB anymore. I’m loving Estelle and Angie compared to Ava. And that is saying something!

39 Rita { 09.30.12 at 12:29 am }

I am keen to see what happens if and when it is revealed Ava is a transsexual as is being reported on wikipedia. Has anyone else heard this previously?

40 Nathan { 09.30.12 at 12:43 pm }

this is the first series of big brother that i dont really like anyone. feel sorry for a few of them ..estelle,zoe…but i couldnt care less about any of them really.pretty much hatebenjamin,stacey,michael and josh. dont like angie,but at least she causes conflicts.layla is annoying- she acts dumb all the time..so fake.watching bradley makes me feel just plain uncomfortable.ava isnt great,but at least she does her own thing..doesnt suck up to the group. at the start stacey was my fave because of her warped sense of humour,but now i dont find her funny because of her bitchiness. i really hope the producers shake things up and turn the housemates over..a couple of double evictions nominated by the public.they really need some real conflict in there,not just disgruntled backstabbing. hope it picks up this week. : /

41 A.P { 09.30.12 at 5:53 pm }

Yeah, Nathan, I’d like all the housemates put up for eviction from now on so that we the public can decide who we want out. I don’t really like any of them much either.
Wish someone was going tonight instead of the football being on. Wonder what they thought in the house having to wait another day as the football is more inportant than them?
It could have gone on the GO channel instead.

42 Carole { 09.30.12 at 10:20 pm }

One year when they all deliberately sabotaged a task, big brother got the shits with them all and put them all up for eviction. They all went into the diary room as usual, but instead of nominating, big brother told them they were all up for eviction.

43 Sandy { 10.01.12 at 8:30 am }

maybe they should kill two birds with one stone and make them fry the dead surlys in a nice beer batter. Gets rid of the fish and makes a change from staples. Surly a la Layla.

44 Nathan { 10.01.12 at 10:38 am }

need some mayhem in the house…its way too cozy with same people getting demonized all the time. i want to see benjamin crack instead of walking around everyday as if he is the house muse.

45 Spot the Ocelot { 10.01.12 at 4:15 pm }

Poor Surly, surely the Surly’s are dying of boredom?! They must be privvy to hearing the warbling of Ava in the shower. I mean we are all stars in our own right in the shower… and Urkraine!

I would like to see Big Bro remove all the beauty aids/treatments from the housemates. They did this a few years ago and it was rather amusing to see all the girls bushy eyebrows and moustaches appear.

Poor sods are all just bored now, even kooky Estelle is as kooky as the beetroot she took 9 minutes to open the other night.

46 Carole { 10.01.12 at 5:31 pm }

They still haven’t been told there’s no eviction tonight. I think they are assuming there will be.