Big Brother – Ava May Have Control Issues Over Her Boyfriends

A lot of people are egocentric however Ava appears to be more than most or maybe she has control issues over her boyfriends. Thinking it was her last night in the house she gave Josh a t-shirt of hers which he immediately put on. After he jumped in the pool as part of a team challenge she was petulant. Clearly he had not paid the t-shirt enough reverence.

“You put yourself before me” she said to Josh through clenched teeth.  Not sure how that was the case. Josh asked her if she was annoyed but she said it was OK and she then went and bitched to Estelle in the kitchen. Estelle seemed a little perplexed that is was such a big deal but agreed with her anyway.

You would have thought he had rolled in mud and then torched the piece of clothing. However clearly in her mind she is more important than the team.

Not sure what the point was of not having an elimination tonight, maybe they thought with three nights worth of material they felt they would not be able to fit the elimination in. For a 90 minute episode I think they would have had ample time.

Maybe they didn’t want the elimination to impinge on the time they needed to cross promote My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding on the show. Layla had to dress up in an over the top wedding dress, with Stacey ensuring she got a few seconds on screen when she said it was like “My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding” and no surprise in the next ad break…..

First there was the talent night, or should it be named no-talent night, as the viewer had to listen to Josh and Ava caterwauling, Stacey and Benjamin do Olivia Newton John impersonations and see Zoe and Estelle dressed as clowns rubbing pies into each other faces.

A quick summary of what else occurred was:

• Michael complaining about Ava and Josh making out again;
  • Sam complaining about the lack of housework Josh and Michael do;
  • Revelations that people eat their rationed treats on the day of elimination just in case they are eliminated. Why? Once out of the house they can eat what ever they want.
  • The challenge was to spend $1,000 but only on what objects offered by Big Brother, first up were brains, then we saw Bradley in a mankini well kind of there was some major pixelation going on.
  • Michael fired up about Angie cutting the pork wrong, and she fired back saying it wasn’t her but Ben, however Ben said it was her. The housemates have concluded she has a problem with authority;
  • Also interesting is that Angie thinks that the other housemates rile her up just so they can see her crack. However she does seem to become quite aggressive quickly when she feels she is under siege.

Highlight of the episode seeing an old fashioned red pay phone.

1 Nathan { 10.01.12 at 11:48 pm }

when u read the highlights – the house really does seem to be dying a slow death. they are way too comfortable . with ava…as much as i cant stand spoilt princess types – anything that makes josh hurt has to be a good thing…lol

2 Isabel { 10.02.12 at 7:12 am }

Well, I waited, waited, waited – for something interesting to happen – nada. Over an hour wasted.

Let’s hope tonight’s show is better.

3 Sandy { 10.02.12 at 7:24 am }

The talent show was such a let down. My highlights : b-rad in the pixelated mankini and Layla trying to negotiate the big dress to go to the toilet…… Ava aaargh!!! Get rid of her. Napoleon syndrome!

4 The Oracle { 10.02.12 at 8:04 am }

Michael was great as the MC..I actually had a few laughs..as for the so called “talent” quest..well it was in a kiddies time slot.
Ava is definitely passive/aggressive/controlling..and Josh is so “pussy whipped”.
Totally boring viewing last night..will be happy when and if Ava leaves tonight..can’t stand her any longer..hope the general public who have 55 cents to waste vote her out…What a scam..wish I’d thought of something like that.:)

5 A.P { 10.02.12 at 8:25 am }

Maybe if they had put a more diverse group of people into the house it would have been more interesting. This lot are bored and look it!
Josh looks so miserable now all the time, he needs to go with Ava!
For singers, Josh and Ava were so terrible, you’d think they could have come up with something better. With them clapping all the way through the song, I couldn’t understand any of the words.
Trust Layla not knowing about “The Montagues” in Romeo and Juliet and Einstein Michael having to explain it to her, and being so dumb asking BB to feed her brains every day so she can use big words like Michael.
BB was a bit mean not telling them the reason for no eviction Sunday night but I don’t see why it couldn’t have happened last night instead as there wasn’t much else happening!

6 Reality Raver { 10.02.12 at 9:13 am }

Out of the 16 contestants three have been singers. The one I would have liked to hear sing is Charne.

This is hilarious from TV Tonight who gives NINE some other ideas for cross promotion http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/10/big-fat-cross-promotions-on-big-brother.html

7 Suziekue { 10.02.12 at 9:25 am }

“Also interesting is that Angie thinks that the other housemates rile her up just so they can see her crack. ” Eh, what was that again RR? Angie’s crack is always on display whether she’s riled or not!

With all the cross promotion, I’m wondering whether the housemates shouldn’t be entitled to some sort of payment. What is the going rate for appearing in an advertisement? Isn’t it against union rules to have people working for free?

8 Calliegirl { 10.02.12 at 10:20 am }

AP it was Sam who explained about the Montagues and Capulets to Layla (just saying). Could not believe the manipulation of Ava with Josh. It was all about me, me me. But of course there are plenty of people like that, we just don’t get to see it displayed on TV.

9 Samantha { 10.02.12 at 10:24 am }

I think the best bit was when Layla was sitting on the floor of the kitchen trying not to get caught eating someone else’s chocolate.

The tee-shirt thing… I don’t even know what to say. Ugh.

10 A.P { 10.02.12 at 10:41 am }

Calliegirl, yes sorry you are right about Sam, I’m surprised he was so knowledgeable about the story. I got mixed up because Einstein Michael had to tell her how to pronounce “Montague” as she thought it was “Montage” and she asked him what it meant.
Layla went to school in England where I would have thought she would have learnt a bit about Shakespeare but apparently not.
The tee- shirt thing was pathetic, Ava needs to stop being so precious about her things she owns, including Josh who is firmly under her thumb. She was more upset about that than when Ben jumped in the pool in her best dress!

11 brain dead dave { 10.02.12 at 11:15 am }

My Big Fat Gypsy Cold Sore. No wonder Sam wasn’t kissing Lay-her much.

The T Shirt might have been more effective had it been torn up and jammed down Josh and Ava’s throats as they sure as hell cannot sing for jack.

Ava’s not an adult…merely a dolt.

One of the worst episodes this season, a mind numbingly boring montage of mediocrity….but I’ll be buying some chocolate to celebrate Ava getting booted and Josh’s meltdown tonight.

12 Bolders { 10.02.12 at 12:30 pm }

@ Brain Dead Dave- you kill it. All day, every day.

Occurred to me last night that Miss Angie may take herself too seriously. I suppose it could be an age thing or just one of those people who don’t like to be made fun of. Bad time to discover this about yourself.

13 Calliegirl { 10.02.12 at 12:41 pm }

I cannot believe that every time Angie wants to speak she demands absolute silence. Imagine being her long suffering friends in the outside.
Keep up the witticisms BDD – you are so clever.

14 Miss Mars { 10.02.12 at 1:12 pm }

I love your BB posts. I cannot for the life of me fathom why I am so weirdly addicted to an awful reality show where I can’t really stand any of the contestants, but it’s nice to come here and see that there are others in the same boat as I.

Michael was on the money when he called Ava ‘a glass of warm water in a cocktail lounge’, she is blander than beige wallpaper and as irritating as a fly at a BBQ. Has anyone else noticed her tendency to talk to herself in a very cryptic fashion? I don’t know whether it’s some weird-arse attempt at strategy or she’s actually just a complete lunatic. She’s also a woman of almost 30 who acts like a 12 year old more often than not, which is somewhat concerning, and I’ve just always found something a bit unsettling about her. Out of all the current housemates I honestly find her the scariest, like if any of them are going to flip out and hold the rest hostage in the Diary Room with a potato peeler while singing ‘I don’t like Mondays’ it’s probably going to be Ava.

The whole t-shirt fiasco was beyond ridiculous… but ever the pants-wearer in the relationship, Josh apologetically attempted to rectify his mistake immediately so no great harm done. I don’t think I’m just being a cynical, bitter human being; Java make me want to hurl stuff at my TV. They are absolutely nauseating so I’ll be glad to see the back of her. I wonder how Josh will take the separation? I hope he takes it badly, because at least that will make him slightly interesting for the first time in 3 weeks. At least he’ll always have Michael so I imagine that will be a great comfort to him come ‘operation exit Ava’ tonight. I’ve no doubt Angie will be quick to re-volunteer her snuggling services also… 😛

15 Lisa { 10.02.12 at 6:42 pm }

Agree with Miss Mars, Ava seems the one that could go postal.
A control freak for sure.
But the amount of face sucking between her and Josh is concerning too. They don’t even know each other. Is it a strategy on Ava’s part??

16 Michelle { 10.02.12 at 6:47 pm }

The talent quest was lame, what a waste of air time. BB is getting desperate. Errrrrrr isnt Josh in a band & Ava is a singer/composer………neither can compose yet alone sing, that was a shocker! Turned to another channel after that, I seem to be turning it off a lot this year.

17 Michelle { 10.02.12 at 7:04 pm }

I have a question The gangnam ad with the housemates? The house went into lock down in August? That video didn`t really go viral until late August/ early September, after the Hms entered the house So did they pre shoot an ad with all the Hm`s (including the intruders) on the HUNCH that it will go viral? BB must have some great psychic powers

18 Nardigras { 10.02.12 at 7:17 pm }

MICHELLE! I know! What is going on? Also, My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding ads have only just been flooding our screens over the last couple of weeks, 3 at the most. Yet Stacey knew it well enough to let us all know that Layla looked JUST like a bride from that show. Hmmmm….

19 Miss Mars { 10.02.12 at 7:57 pm }

One of the people involved with the show answered on twitter that they were shown the video a couple of weeks ago and learnt the dance, then they filmed them for usage in promotional material. Definitely shot it while they were in there, not during lock down.

20 Miss Mars { 10.02.12 at 8:02 pm }

And nadigras, My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding has been around for ages, I first heard about it over a year ago and it’s pretty well known among a lot of people so I’m assuming Stacey heard of it a whole ago, bit of luck for them though that she actually said the line lol.

21 A.P { 10.02.12 at 10:29 pm }

The first two series have already been shown on Austar/Foxtel, its not new, like a lot of shows they put on pay tv first before free to air.

22 brain dead dave { 10.02.12 at 10:51 pm }

Lay-her and her use of “expressionative” as a word. Ah doon’t nor, it’s fookin’ cringewortha to watch, yeah?

In my opinion, it’s just not possible for someone to pretend to be that dumb. Luckily, it’s not a disaster for her as BB celebrates stupidity a la Sarah Marie, Reggie, Fitzy etc. Being a moron…it’s all good.

Estelle being given the super power. Isn’t that going to put Josh’s nose out of joint? Losing some regard for Estelle now that she’s admitted that she’d contemplate hooking up with the boofcake son of Frankenstein. Why doesn’t he just cut to the chase and drop his dick out onto the kitchen table, rather than use it as a gym?

23 Nardigras { 10.02.12 at 10:58 pm }

It seems I’m out of the Big Fat Gypsy Wedding loop… Ava is just as annoying out of the house as she was in… Talk about a fence sitter. I think Sonia had to fight the urge to bop her with the microphone on several occasions. If she shrieked at the sight of one clip showing her clinging to Josh, she’s in for a shock!