Beauty And The Geek Is Back This Thursday On SEVEN
Beauty And The Geek the show I always think I will hate but love is back this Thursday on Seven at 8.30pm.
The premise of the show is each geek is lined up with a beauty and they compete in challenges each week to be the last team standing to win $100,000. The beauty’s aim to teach the geek’s how to be non-geeky and the geeks try and impart knowledge to the beauties.
This year the show has changed production companies from Southern Star to Shine Australia so it will be interesting see if there are any changes to the format.
The show is again hosted by Bernard Curry who has been finding some success overseas.
This year the big twist is a secret millionaire geek in the house which seems to be the trend on reality shows this year. George was the secret millionaire on Big Brother.
The cast is:
- Jack 23 – who is described as an internet entrepreneur looks like he could be the millionaire but I suspect he is more a paper millionaire. Anyone lost money on the tech bubble in the early 200o’s will know how spurious these things are;
- Yiran 19 – Part time medical student and part-time badminton coach;
- Dane 19 – Health Science student;
- Nathan 25 – Computer Programmer
- Jason 23 – Unemployed town planner
- Matt 19 – Psychology student
- Oliver 22 – Legal aide – I am presuming that is working there not currently accessing it;
- Rich 24 – Aerospace engineering student;
- Cody 19 – Online community manager;
- Chard 22 – Biomedical student.
The beauties are:
- Courtney 19 – a former receptionist – which must be code for currently unemployed;
- Nikki 23 – Nanny
- Alin 19 – Events host;
- Greta 22 – Unemployed beauty therapist;
- Chontelle 18 – Special effects make-up student;
- Jessica 24 – Former flight attendant but she was a building surveyor prior to that;
- Bre 18 – a retail assistant;
- Kristy 23 – Window dresser;
- Kim 21 – Unemployed;
- Millie 18 – Retail assistance.
Last season was a cracker as Jordan and Lachlan hooked up, unfortunately they have now split, Jimmy kept the wise cracks coming and Gilbert unexpectedly revealed six pack.
Hopefully SEVEN will be able get the formula right again this year and it will continue to be an entertaining show.
And yes there will be recaps. For more information about the contestants go to the official website here.
Beauty and The Geek starts on SEVEN on Thursday 4 October at 8.30pm.