Big Brother – No Surprise Who Was Eliminated

It was no surprise that Ava was eliminated tonight with the edit she received this week, though I am not sure they needed to show as soon as she was on stage that only 14 per cent of the voters had dialled in to save her.

However she probably was putting it down to being an intruder, she won’t be happy once she realises how bad her edit was.

Also shortly after that she was shown who had nominated her and why. It must be very off putting and a little bit shattering considering their equilibrium must be off balance anyway.

Ava also looked shocked with all the kissing coverage. Considering it was about the only thing she did in the house I am not sure what else she thought they would show.  She also looked shocked at some of the bitchy remarks people were saying particularly the one from Zoe’s saying she was like a koala clip stuck to Josh.

Host Sonia Kruger, who was wearing a very strange dress, tried to get out of her what she had meant when she had said she had status.

Ava said “They were convinced I was a bit of a princess”, then she did not reveal much after that. It appeared to be the “status” comment was a bit of bollocks or maybe she was too embarrassed to say anything further.

After seeing Michael bucket her a few times she did say maybe he was feeling a bit unloved and that was why he was having a go at her.

Ava also showed making decisions was not her strong point, as even when given the wrap up by Sonia, she continued to hesitate about who to give the nomination super power to.

She ended up giving it to Estelle rather that Josh. It will be interesting to see what he thinks of that. Her rationale may have been based on that Estelle may need it more as she is consistently nominated.

Josh may give her some points tomorrow as he must have been peeved how Estelle kept on monopolising her on the couch after it was announced Ava was eliminated.

She also then stuck by her side as she walked her to the exit so Josh could not get to her. In the end he stood close to the doors to give her a passionate kiss as she left. It will be interesting to see if this romance has legs on the outside.

It will also be interesting to see if Ava gets a media career from this, as a quick internet search revealed at some point she had been a presenter and even though she says she loathes the limelight, she must have been in the house to promote or her media and/or singing career.

Josh looks like he might shed a tear or two over her leaving.

1 Nathan { 10.03.12 at 9:33 pm }

he will crack for sure this week…..cant wait to see the genius fall apart. finally estelle gets some payback.

2 VioletsRBlue { 10.03.12 at 9:45 pm }

Yes I agree, he will crack big time! I think he believed that he was untouchable! Ha, ha! He might show his true colors now too. He was very sure of himself and sees himself like this great intellectual but I haven’t really seen much evidence so far. He is also BF with Josh who is pretty bland so I have trouble understanding why he always complains about people that he apparently can’t have a decent conversation with. What intellectual discussions is he having with Josh???? I think that he is pretty shallow himself. I think out of all the housemates Ben has highest overall intellect. I hope Sam will stay as he seems a good sport and him and Layla are cute and at least not permanently attached like Josh and Ava were.

3 A.P { 10.03.12 at 9:47 pm }

At least Estelle knows now that everyone in the house does not hate her as she’s not up for nominations. People are finally voting the way they want and not listening to the puppet master Michael, I think he was shocked that they didn’t follow his orders for once!
Now he knows what its like to sweat all week wondering if he’s going. Hope its a double eviction, him and Angie to go would be just perfect!

4 Moo { 10.03.12 at 10:00 pm }

Based on what people are saying on Facebook, it’ll be a close eviction, but who knows what will happen with the edits.

5 Someonesensible { 10.03.12 at 10:05 pm }

So I had commented on a previous thread that I didn’t get why Ava was hated so much…

I get it now… ><

6 Bolders { 10.03.12 at 10:34 pm }

Not hate – never hate. We’re not cyber bullies here.

Loathe maybe , irritated by, likely but you’re not going to find a post that mentions a rope or a noose here.

That’s why I like it.

7 Nardigras { 10.03.12 at 11:15 pm }

I haven’t been as excited to see anything in this year’s BB as I was to see Michael’s face and body language when 1. he found out Estelle was watching and listening to the nominations and 2. when he heard his name called, AFTER the third name had been read. He’s completely shell shocked, as are the rest of the housemates as their ‘leader’ is up. Ah, made my night :) As bonkers as Estelle can be, I was proud of her tonight! Plus, I really felt for her when she heard Michael’s nomination – poor little fing…

8 Suziekue { 10.03.12 at 11:21 pm }

I missed what Michael said about Estelle. Can anyone enlighten me please? (I was too busy flicking between channels during the ads…)

9 Ian { 10.03.12 at 11:38 pm }

Keep Michael and Bradley, please. Adios to Angie and Sam.

10 Miss Mars { 10.03.12 at 11:49 pm }

Don’t worry BDD, not the easily offended type lol.

Interesting no one (bar Michael of course) actually nominated Estelle tonight, I actually suspect they might have been concerned she’d hear the nominations. I mean the superpower gets a revamp every week so they must have been considering that sooner or later the recipient would be given that advantage. I’m super surprised Angie manged to go a week without throwing her some points. I’m not an Estelle fan but I really did think she showed her smarts when she chose Michael and Ben to listen in on, they’re arguably the two most influencial people in the house so getting that insight into what they’re thinking could prove very valuable, it already paid off massively for her where Michael is concerned. I bet he’s worked out by now that she heard his nomination and subsequently voted for him too… Haha, I like Michael but it always makes things interesting to have someone other than the usual suspects up, I’m sure he’ll be safe but it’ll be a shake up.

I’m actually smelling a double eviction here… First time more than 3 have been up at once and they’ll have to start culling them soon. If that’s the case I think Sam is definitely a goner and probably Bradley. I’m speculating here based on the fact Sam is an intruder (and quite boring) and Angie is actually quite popular with the voters. Bradley recieved less save votes than Estelle a couple of nominations ago and last week Angie got more than Estelle so one would assume Angie will get more save votes than Brad. Michael is as safe as houses… For now 😉

11 Miss Mars { 10.03.12 at 11:59 pm }

I have no idea why, but I actually find myself feeling quite sorry for Angie. For all the ‘people are bullying Estelle!’ BS that gets shopped around (last time I checked ‘disliking’ someone wasn’t tantamount to bullying…) I actually feel like Angie is targeted more, they all talk behind her back and say very nasty things about her (plus the hypocrisy of bitching constantly about the fact that someone is bitching too much was not lost on me :p). I feel especially sorry for her given that the two people she’s been shown to care for the most in the house (Josh and Layla) were two of the three who nominated her tonight. She’s certainly not my favourite, but I do feel for her and for better or worse I actually find her much more genuine than Estelle (or a lot of the others honestly…). She might be catty but at least she isn’t trying to play up some fake personality for attention and popularity.

12 Nardigras { 10.04.12 at 12:01 am }

I agree Miss Mars, I like Michael too, but a shake up is what is needed and who better to shake it up than a flabbergasted Michael? I just hope he doesn’t withdraw and turn into a sook because he has made me laugh more times than most of them. Will be interesting! I also agree that the others held off on voting for Estelle this time round. The next few days will be fun to see everyone’s reactions.

13 Miss Mars { 10.04.12 at 12:09 am }

Yeah I’m hoping Michael doesn’t completely crack up. Being nominated and getting his second strike are sure to take a toll on him, and he’s definitely been knocked down a few pegs. Could be a good thing for him though, his strategy has been working well thus far but he was developing a bit of an ‘untouchable’ air about him and perhaps being up for eviction will make him more accessible. He could make this work to his advantage if he keeps his head in the game. His line about them all ‘hating Estelle’ and her subsequent ugly crying did him no favours though I’m afraid, knowing she had the superpower I really thought he’d be smarter than that, and if he still wanted to nominate her he should have been a bit more diplomatic with his statement. Estelle is forever getting the ‘outsider victim’ edit and this just fed right into it. *shakes head* oh Michael, for a ‘genius’ that was a dumb move.

14 megan { 10.04.12 at 1:39 am }

Miss Mars: Most people like watching Sam for the eye candy though, so that’s why I doubt he’ll be in much danger. Like I said, though, it very much depends on the edit they get this week.

Personally, I think it’s Bradley’s time to go, but I certainly wouldn’t mind any of the four leaving; they all irritate me.

15 Nathan { 10.04.12 at 5:50 am }

i feel no pity for michael.week after week ,he sits back and complains about estelle being crazy….but now he gets a taste of what its like.bittersweet to be in the bb house but know deep down that it could be your last week there and that your housemates dont like you.

16 Stacey { 10.04.12 at 7:40 am }

I know its mean but Estelle has to be the ugliest crier in the world. Even worse than Toni Collette! I did feel bad for her though. I knew she was going to pick Micheal to listen to, but I thought her other choice would be Angie.
Anyway, I have a feeling this week is a double eviction. Depending on the edit, it might be Micheals turn to go, and maybe Angie.
I bet you any money that Micheal has a meltdown this week, overanalysing his nomination.

17 Carole { 10.04.12 at 9:17 pm }

I was reading TV Week today, and some of the former housemates have said Michael is manipulating them. They also said they have a code which they use to tell each other who they are voting for. They better be careful, one of the other series they talked in code and Big Brother reprimanded them about it.

18 brain dead dave { 10.05.12 at 10:51 am }

I agree that there’s nomination code happening ,Carole. There’s the obvious general bitching about Estelle but more tellingly it’s Josh and Michael…

‘Yeah, so and so…y’know love ’em to death… BUT bitch, whine, moan, stab” which is basically code for “I’m swinging my nom nom points in this direction” .They both do it. Total fakes.

19 Someonesensible { 10.07.12 at 3:11 am }

@Bolders, I’m curious to know why you think hating someone is ‘bullying’ while loathing or getting irritated by is not?