The Biggest Loser – Hayley Lewis To Stay On As Host

The Biggest Loser Australia applications closed last Friday with the new season again going back to the families formats.

The new series is all about “the next generation” and they were looking for teams of two consisting of mothers and daughters and fathers and sons or other family combinations.

With the show not rating that well this year to Network Ten there were rumours circulating that they were looking to replace Hayley Lewis as host of The Biggest Loser.

However  a spokesperson for TEN confirmed that Hayley Lewis would be doing the hosting duties for 2013.

The Biggest Loser Australia to be shown on TEN early next year.

1 chasingvegas { 10.03.12 at 2:21 pm }

Hayley has been a great addition to the cast & I’m happy she is sticking around. Maybe they should look at refreshing the trainers ie: give Shannon Ponton the flick & bring on Blake Worrall-Thompson! He’d be an awesome addition, not to mention a very handsome piece of man candy to compliment the Commando.

2 brain dead dave { 10.03.12 at 2:32 pm }

I agree. Get rid of the trainers that are whoring themselves with arthritis cures and various snake oil concoctions on TV commercials ie $hannan and Michelle. Note that the Commando doesn’t sink that low. Keep him.

Hayley’s an okay host. Happy to see her stay. What made me stop watching TBL last year was that appalling wart hog Margie- the living antithesis of eye candy.

3 Culinary "Bring Back Ajay" Boner { 10.03.12 at 2:57 pm }

BRING BACK AJAY!!

4 A.P { 10.03.12 at 3:04 pm }

CB, I think she’s moved on from TBL but wouldn’t she be great in a reality show such as Brynne’s got? All your dreams would come true!
BDD, don’t pretend you didn’t like Margie, I know you secretly did!
Hayley was okay as host but I think they could find someone better.

5 Morgan { 10.03.12 at 3:18 pm }

I’m so sick of this Family format. They started doing this back in 2009 (which was the last season of TBL that I watched entirely) and it got old really fast. Bring back the original 2005-2008 format, dammit!

6 Lisa { 10.03.12 at 4:35 pm }

They should choose likeable people who are committed to losing weight.
Make the eliminations fair so the deserving stay.
Shake up the trainers for variety.
Quit with the endless recaps.

7 Bolders { 10.03.12 at 4:40 pm }

Anybody else eat icecream while watching the biggest loser?

It’s my feeble attempt at subversiveness of the “messaging” on this show especially the trainers’ exercise in poop psychology.

That’s not a typo.

8 Culinary Boner { 10.03.12 at 4:45 pm }

They need to mix this up a bit more.
Fat parents, fat kids plus fat moggies, fat mutts and fat-as-all-fuck hamsters.
Sell Shannon Bogan to the Underbelly franchise for ‘hiring-the-hitman’ scene as “guy in background, second from left, doing bicep curls in the ‘roid head gym from hell”
Bring in Dr Chris Brown for the four-legged fatties.
Get rid of Hayley and replace her with some other vacuous female presenter, but this time just make sure whoever is chosen is hot.
Lauryn Eagle might go okay – athletic and attractive.
Though I’d prefer they opt for a seductive, ice-queen, uber-bitch.
What’s Charlotte Dawson doing now she’s left Twitter?
Keep Michelle Bridges, but dock her pay every time she does her fake concerned frown.
Keep Tiffany Hall. She gives me the giggles.
Deep down Commando’s probably too useful and classy for this show.
All the more reason to keep him just to remind him that life isn’t fair and he should just ‘effing count himself lucky they don’t send him to Kabul. Or make him the next “Bush Tucker Man”.
In the interests of equity, and to make up for the fact that this show is really just a chance to laugh at all the fatties, all trainers should be subject to at least one dose of humiliation each week.
Yep ladies.
That means it’s shirts off and in the mud for Dr Chris and Commando – at least once a week
Plus Tiffany gets a weekly eating challenge – starting with a pie floater from Harry’s Cafe de Wheels and ending with a dozen of them chicken embryo eggs they had to eat on Survivor.
And Michelle has to go back to school to study biology, chemistry and physiology under a psychotic home-schooling Tiger Mum (the academic equivalent of a sadistic ‘personal trainer’) until she is finally made to realise that she knows nothing about the science of food and nutrition.

9 Bolders { 10.03.12 at 4:48 pm }

CB I dont think Ms Michelle can frown anymore.

10 Culinary Boner { 10.03.12 at 4:50 pm }

Really Bolders? Well, that solves one her problems.

11 brain dead dave { 10.03.12 at 4:52 pm }

Bolders-eating while vegetating on the couch as the fatties are humiliated by air headed,garden variety gym junkies. It doesn’t get any better than that.

I’ve just seen your post, CB.

12 Bolders { 10.03.12 at 4:58 pm }

BDD that’s what I think.

CB – I’m referring to botox. You havent noticed that?

13 Culinary Boner { 10.03.12 at 5:10 pm }

Yeah thanks Bolders. I guessed that.
But have to admit I hadn’t noticed.
The fact that I find her the most annoying of the trainers and that she’s virtually on every second page of the ‘lifestyle’ segments of the papers and mags means I clock her, but don’t really look at her. (I do have my libido to protect)

14 Culinary Boner { 10.03.12 at 9:11 pm }

bdd, few reality programs are such blatant vehicles for humiliation, dressed up as serving a ‘higher purpose’, as this little baby…
It’s such a reality TV gem that it’d be pity that crap concept design and lazy production next year led to its premature demise.
Unlike most other, probably much more worthy, reality shows you can step in and out of watching this without actually missing anything. It’s all about the humiliation, shame and torture (physical and mental). And that’s the main game almost every night. Well, except from the very lame nomination and voting episodes. If only Ajay were forgiven and allowed back. *sigh*

15 JK { 10.04.12 at 9:17 am }

I say bring back the original format!

Replace Tiffany with someone who doesn’t duck face as much!

Commando is such a hottie!

16 brain dead dave { 10.04.12 at 10:55 am }

Yes, Boner, I agree with what you’ve said. No other show celebrates humiliation of the contestants like this- but just like a burger dripping with lard- the fatties are only too happy to swallow it.

It’s totally wrong, of course….but that’s why I watch it.

17 Kelsta { 10.04.12 at 11:51 am }

No way – Hayley is the best host! She’s been through it before and is an inspiration and compassionate towards the contestants. Ajay couldn’t get her shit together enough to be successful.

Keep Shannon/Michelle, maybe Commando, but get rid of that screeching Tiffany – she does my head in.

I think this years TBL problem was all of the overkill with “singles looking for love” theme. I’m all for the singles part but don’t try and force the love part. The Hamish/Michelle “relationship” made me sick to watch it really. As well as the speed-dating night, where we had to watch Alex slobber his way through dates, frothing at the mouth with each chick. UGH.

AND none of them really seemed to achieve great weight loss, apart from Michelle. To keep the viewer interested, we need to see the definite before and after transformation – the grand finale was just disappointing to watch.

18 KatInEurope { 10.04.12 at 11:42 pm }

I didn’t watch last year, because I didn’t like the contestants one bit.
Better casting is key to the show.
BTW http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/forces-cummins-ready-to-hit-top-form-20120525-1z9l5.html
Margie is union player Nick Cummins’ auntie.

19 Jen { 10.07.12 at 9:42 pm }

Familiee is the worst format half the team doesn’t even want to be there! This format is the worst young people on reality competitions like this can’t handle te pressure I think they got their casting people from the reject shop they need to shake the format to the core better contestants and something to keep the punters interested

20 astounding post egggcibniz click here :( rlgouxw, :-( pwnuvfzvax [url="http://www.sbtbxeshujqa.net"]or here[/url] ;) trvxvpjzlivl, :D iejtovzvkm http://sbtbxeshujqa.info :D sskzpjjcvypumhk, :-0 ajdakesdth [url=http://sbtbxeshujqa.ru]qbvlvunnpn[/url] =( po { 07.02.13 at 3:30 am }

ijgbrrvowhhz