Masterchef: The Professionals – Hopefully The Heston To Host Rumour Is True

You have to wonder what has become of your life when you get excited that a bald guy with spectacles is rumoured to be hosting a reality TV show.

Yes that is right, the story doing the rounds today is Heston Blummenthal is rumoured to being going to host the Australian version of Masterchef:The Professionals.

Hopefully this is not a spurious rumour as it would be a coup for TEN if he agrees to do the show.

The Herald Sun is reporting that Heston is the top of the wish list to host the show which will see Professional chefs compete for Masterchef title. It is rumoured the show will be on early in 2013 on TEN.

The article states:

And spies say the network is close to securing the hosting services of British food maestro Heston Blumenthal who was a standout cameo during the most recent season of MasterChef.

The bald-headed, bespectacled superstar is understood to be the network’s first choice for host despite producers chasing several other high-profile candidates including Marco Pierre-White, Gordon Ramsay and Curtis Stone.

Marco Pierre-White or even Curtis would also be acceptable, but Gordon Ramsay is is a tad over-exposed.

What will be interesting to see who will be judging on the show with the host.

The show will see new stars emerge on the food scene and the eating establishments these chefs work at should see an increase in business.

This show will be compulsory viewing on a crowded reality viewing schedule.

Masterchef: The Professional’s to be on Network TEN in 2013.

1 brain dead dave { 10.05.12 at 9:31 pm }

It’s hard not to excited about a show with real chefs who can fillet fish, toast buns ,boil water etc without bursting into tears and bleating concocted back stories about dead relatives etc..

2 Georgie { 10.05.12 at 11:03 pm }

Starting early in 2013 – it must be a ‘sink MKR’ strategy.

If it’s called Masterchef: The Professionals, I guess Humpty and Dumpty won’t be taking part.

3 Reality Raver { 10.05.12 at 11:14 pm }

Georgie – I hope that part of the rumour is wrong. The same type of reality TV show going head to head always spells disaster for one of them.
Renovators lost out to The Block, and Excess Baggage to The Biggest Loser.
Also if MC: The Professionals lost badly to MKR it could really damage their brand.

BDD: Should be some talent there

4 PollyB { 10.06.12 at 1:55 pm }

This better be good cos I luuuurve MC Pros. Yes GR is soooo over exposed now, I’m excited about the bald bespectacled guy too! UK MC Pros have Gregg (MC judge) & the lovely Michel Roux Jr as hosts/judges. God please, not G &/or G involved.

5 Morgan { 10.06.12 at 7:07 pm }

I would LOVE to see Marco host, after seeing him during S4. But I do hope that it won’t be airing at the same time as MKR, and I’m sure the public wouldn’t be too happy about that either, as the fan crossover between the two shows is quite large. It could very well just be airing after S5, just like all the other spin-offs have.

So looking forward to this, it’ll be great to see some people who ACTUALLY know what they’re doing, no Julies or Danis. And yes, keep Gazza and Georgie Porgie far, far away from this! They’ll just favour whatever attractive female(s) goes on this show.

6 Cheryl { 10.07.12 at 1:50 am }

It’s hard to believe Gordon Ramsay would have time to host a show in Australia unless it was filmed over less than a month so for that reason alone I would like it to be someone else. I can’t decide which I would prefer between Heston and Marco, both of them know so much about food and in such different ways. That said if Curtis wanted the job and his wife was interested I can’t see them turning him down since he’s already signed up with one of their major sponsors Coles.

If it’s on at the same time as MKR shoot me now, I won’t know which way to look and might not watch either.

7 Dr T { 10.07.12 at 12:41 pm }

Would be very happy if MPW picked up the gig. I only got to see one episode of his most recent show (?Kitchen Wars) went I was in the UK earlier this year – I thought he came off very well. His appearance in S3 of Masterchef running the pass in the challenge was also great.

Looking forward to Professionals if it goes ahead. Would have been much better then running Allstars

8 Masterchef: The Professionals – Marco Pierre White Could Do With A Break In Australia | reality ravings { 10.07.12 at 11:54 pm }

[…] White’s interests to host Masterchef: The Professionals if Shine Australia can’t get Heston Blummenthal to sign on the dotted […]

9 smauge { 10.08.12 at 8:01 am }

Georgie, there’s no reason why the couldn’t have the regular judges. Two of them are professional chefs and the other a professional food critic.

10 Georgie { 10.08.12 at 9:04 am }

smauge, no questioning their professions – but with tongue in cheek, it’s their amateur theatrics I was hinting at.

11 JK { 10.08.12 at 4:55 pm }

Yay!

12 auds { 10.09.12 at 4:11 pm }

I hope Curtis doesnt get the job – Been watching him on 2 seasons of Top Chef masters and he is like a robot. No personality at all

13 smauge { 10.09.12 at 4:17 pm }

He’s too busy in the States.

14 A Fiesta Of Reality Cooking Shows For 2013 – But Who Will Be On Them? | reality ravings { 10.10.12 at 11:33 am }

[…] will be looking at Top Chef when it comes to the format. Rumours of who will host it include Heston Blummenthal and Marco-Pierre White. It will screen on Network […]

15 Masterchef: The Professionals – Rumour Is Marco Pierre White Will Host | reality ravings { 10.22.12 at 11:04 am }

[…] A few weeks ago there was a rumour circulating that Heston Blummenthal might be the host of new show for TEN Masterchef: The Professionals. […]