Big Brother – Angie – Woman On The Verge Of A Meltdown

So Angie is the house lush? Not that this is a negative thing, as the booze is being rationed they have to get what they can. Layla must also have a bit of a reputation for a tipple as Estelle offered up her half a glass of red to both of them.

However this offer ended up them whining over wine for five minutes and debating whether Angie and Layla would go “halfsies” or whether they would “rock off”. I am presuming that is playing rock,scissor, papers.

Angie decided to go halves but this peeved Layla and Sam off and they left. Angie ended up skulling it. She realised that this incident was going to set her up for a nomination.

She went and discussed it with Michael who said that there is a for and against system to nominations these days and you have to try and minimise it. The example he used was that he had wanted to go to bed early tonight but thought it political to say up a bit longer.

Angie was also concerned that Josh was no long affectionate towards her when he was paying her out. Michael revealed to her that Josh hated everyone at the moment. Is he playing strategy and trying to get his bestie nominated?

Josh also told Estelle that he wanted to go to bed early as he was sick of the conversations. It looks like he wants to get out to be with Ava. However chances of him being nominated this week were low as he had the super power.

By the way how did Michael in a chat with Big Brother know that others were giving three and two point I thought they were not meant to discuss nominations? He told big brother that he was about the only one giving four point nominations and the others were giving three and two.

Bradley’s farewell video was very sweet and funny. He will be missed from the house. He told Michael that he was is favourite person in the house. However Bradley seems happy on the outside as he thinks he might meet some girls now.

Interesting how Michael was his favourite but he gave the super power to Josh. This week’s super power for Josh had to guess who the housemates would be nominating and the ones he predicted right he obtained a nomination point he could use.

He had the opportunity to gain sixteen points but in the end he got a respectable eight points to use for his nominations. In one of the advertisement breaks Big Brother must have told him to stop giving reasons why he thought that person was nominating as he was dragging it out. Towards the end he was just giving names and no reasons.

I note Big Brother told the other housemates were told that Josh would not hear any of the nominations as he must not wanted them self-censoring.

It was the right thing to do and also agree with BB when he says just because you say strategy does not mean you get a free pass in the nominations booth.

The nominations went like this:

• Sam – Josh for four points as he is a threat and one point for Stacey because she makes little effort to get to know him. He said he tried to get her into the gym but she was not  interested.
  • Stacey – Three points to Sam as he is flying under the radar and does not get to know people but is always playing nice and two points for Estelle as she does not click with her.
  • Angie – Gave three points to Michael because she knows how badly he wants win Big Brother, and Estelle for two points as they clash.
  • Layla – gave three points to Angie as they are so alike they clash, and Estelle for two points as she sees her as a threat.
  • Estelle – Stacey for three points for being horrible to people behind peoples backs and then being nice face to face, and two points to Michael basically because she heard him nominate her last week.
  • Zoe – Three points to Angie because of issue with possession. She gave the example of  her need to possess friends, alcohol and to cook, and she gave Sam two points for being an intruder and doing so much in the house.
  • Ben – Gave Sam four points as he does not know him as well as the others, and one point to Angie for eating and talking at the same time as it is his ultimate pet peeve. Also he was wondering if she had “jungle book snaked” him as she said she likes to train her friends.
  • Michael – two points to Estelle and three points to Sam because he does not open up enough to Michael.

Josh ended up being awarded eight nominations point. He had no restriction on how he uses them.  He ended up giving five points to Angie because of her speculative talk all time and Layla for three points because she is a threat to win.

Angie received 12 points as did Sam and Estelle received eight they are the three up for eviction this week and you just know there is a mega meltdown from Angie coming to our screens soon.

Big Brother on NINE at 7 pm weekdays.

1 A.P { 10.08.12 at 9:59 pm }

I am so sick of Michael nominating Estelle every single time, what does he have against her? She was so nice to him when he was nominated, trying to console him even though she knew what he had said about her. He must think she is the biggest threat in the house as he is always trying to get rid of her.
Why are the others always immune, its just not fair really, I never see Estelle being mean or bitchy to anyone behind their backs like Stacey and Ben for example, and yet they never get up for eviction. Interesting how Ben said that he had never been nominated, how does he know that for sure? Just because he hasn’t been up for eviction doesn’t mean someone hasn’t nominated him.
Also, why was Josh allowed to see their faces and asked if he could lip read any of them? He shouldn’t have been given that chance to try. He also more or less admitted how bored he was and stays in bed longer and longer to make the time pass. Pretty poor attitude, he should have gone out with Ava!
BDD, another word for the list, RIVAL.
I will vote to try to save Estelle this time.

2 Nathan { 10.08.12 at 9:59 pm }

no surprises there…

3 Bilsey { 10.08.12 at 10:11 pm }

Sonia’s dress was horrible!!!

4 Bolders { 10.08.12 at 10:34 pm }

Michael used the plural “we” during his justification of his vote against Sam – basically admitting his influence over the rest of the house or at least the major voting block: josh and his underpants, Stacy and her wig and Ben the incredible shrinking man who is starting to look like a woman.

Another week of Micheal’s crack.

5 Carole { 10.08.12 at 10:42 pm }

Oh I know, that ridiculous skirt thing with the frills. What was that? Well surprise, surprise the same people again. Why can’t they nominate Ben, he is such a prick and manipulator. I was hoping Josh would give the whole 8 points to someone never previously nominated. I feel like shaking them and say nominate someone different for a change. I guess soon they won’t have a choice as there will be no one else left.

6 VioletsRBlue { 10.08.12 at 10:54 pm }

I think I might vote for the first time! It’s radiculous that Estelle is up again! There is for sure a ‘collaboration’ happening! I think that BB is far too easy on them with the nominations ‘no reasons’ as most of the time they just look like they are making them all up! It would be good if Angie left and hopefully next week we will see someone from the ‘alliance’ nominated!

7 Ari { 10.08.12 at 11:07 pm }

Sonia looked like the Malibu Stacy doll from the Simpsons. All she needs is the new hat!

Kinda hope Sam leaves. Although I have a feeling it could be Angie. I’d somehow like to have someone interesting evicted just to see if I should still doubt the saving process and whether or not it is rigged.

I want to like Estelle but sometimes I like her and then sometimes I just can’t help but not like her. She seems fascinating to me in that aspect. I still like Michael, but constant favouritism is getting old. Next thing you know he’s hosting shows for CH9.

I hope people start playing strategically. I’m sick of the drama. I think Stacey might be starting to boil. She’s become quite crude recently (e.g. shoving her bare ass on the window in front of Michael) so she could be a nominee soon. Zoe is probably the last person to get in everyone’s nerves. Hardly anyone has voted for her except for Bradley.

Still like Ben no matter how manipulative he can be. When it comes to shows like Survivor, I always go for the person who actually does something to get ahead, good or bad. Oh and Ben’s interesting, would like to see him win.

Did people seriously think Josh could win the show? He just seems so boring to me…probably too surfer bloke Shaggy and Scooby Doo for me. Josh seems nice, but too ‘popular jock’. Kinda like those jocks in high school I had crushes on who were just popular and everyone liked but not very interesting in a colourful way.

I’m really surprised how absent-minded and kooky Layla is! It’s the biggest thing I don’t like about her, but she is sweet.

All in all, when I was a kid I used to think, “I would go on Big Brother to make friends and not to win!” Now I just wonder how these people could stay in an isolated area lacking in luxuries and away from the media and the outside world. I would suffer.

Oh and yes they need to give out prizes to evictees. I would hate to be trapped in a house for months and be evicteed only to get nothing in return. COME ON CH9 people used to get cars and scooters! Work it up a little…

8 brain dead dave { 10.08.12 at 11:49 pm }

I was disappointed with tonight’s superpower- yawn, it was the same old ,same old. Very predictable as a poll on Behind Big Brother this arvo had the eviction nominees down pat- the usual suspects Angie and Estelle and Jarhead. The show was flatter than a shit carter’s hat….but I enjoyed your recap, RR.

I’ve noted “rival”, thanks A.P. How many words does Lay-her know…besides “man”,”dick”and “food” , I have to wonder? Back in the tender arms of Jarhead after he crapped on her the other night and sent her whining into the diary room in a “mewd”.

Well, Jarhead might be a “tit” but Josh is a cretin calling him “buxom”.
Similarly, Zoe says something but doesn’t mean it “in a malice way”. I can’t be rooted to cut and paste the list from previous blogs , these knuckle draggers are lowering the literacy bar every night.

Maybe put a dictionary in the Diary Room, BB or make the next intruder an interpreter.

More BS about Muckhole’s IQ . Yeah, but he doesn’t even know the Capital of Tasmania,ffs. As far as I’m concerned , that was nomination talk between him and Angie in the bathroom but as has been suggested in these pages, BB is a softcock and won’t dare give golden boy Muckhole another strike.

The audience don’t need to be told by the screaming headlines at the beginning of the show that cracks are appearing in the house, either.

9 The Oracle { 10.08.12 at 11:57 pm }

Many of the housemates are starting to go a bit ga -ga. I suppose 8 weeks living with some particular people you don’t like would take it’s toll.. and a lot of them are feeling it.
I can’t believe some of the hypocracy on display tonight. Is it written in their contracts that upon eviction the evictees have to leave only positive messages?.Ican’t believe that Bradley actually called Ben wise and how he had learned so much from him..Ben was a total shit to Bradley in the house…a few of the other housemates who had given Bradley a hard time looked a bit embarrassed also
Next hypocracy: Angie and Michael.. having a heart to heart about tactics used.. then Angie nominates Michael.
Zoe needs an under the radar shake up next nomination as does Layla..sick of the same people up every week.

10 Sioux Denim { 10.09.12 at 12:01 am }

BDD – agree 100% about Michael and Angies convo in the bathroom – FFS – give Michael the $250K now!

Did I hear Josh say that when it was Michael’s turn to nominate that he would vote Sam and Angie – AGAIN! Um, thought they weren’t allowed to talk nominations ????

How annoying is Ben nominating?? Does he think we only see him when he in that booth and he can act like a goose and we will all love him??

Yep, over it and still yet cant stop watching it (i’m disgusted with myself!) – Delilah for the win for me!

PS, bring on Survivor…………

11 Bilsey { 10.09.12 at 12:59 am }

Sioux.. Yeah you heard right but I think re: Josh’s guess of “Angie and Sam again” for Michael was because he had guessed Benjamin who was before Michael would also vote for Angie and Sam..

12 Isabel { 10.09.12 at 6:34 am }

Doesn’t know the meaning of ‘rival’ – pity, the education system in the UK used to be the envy of the world.

And who suggested that Josh had charisma – I was so shocked that I can’t remember who it was!

13 Stacey { 10.09.12 at 9:12 am }

AP – I thought Benjamin had been up twice? Very early on though, before everyone started hating Estelle.
It seems like Ange might have a bit of a drinking problem, or it is just getting shown that way. They only ever show her drinking or arguing with somebody, and are showing more of the housemates talking about her drinking. I would be deeply upset if I was Angie’s mates or family having to watch her being portrayed like that.

14 Suziekue { 10.09.12 at 9:15 am }

Last night’s show was such a long, drawn out sage of noms, as boring as batsh*t. It was so not riveting that I washed my hair, did the dishes and finally fell asleep in front of it. Come on Ch 9, does it really have to take 90 minutes to decide noms for next week?

15 Samantha { 10.09.12 at 9:30 am }

I missed last night, but I can gather that Angie almost didn’t get nominated if it weren’t for Josh’s power?

As for Layla saying that Angie gossips behind everyone’s back, isn’t that exactly what she is doing to Angie all the time? Grr. That girl makes me angry on so many levels.

I don’t really enjoy watching Estelle, but I think we should help her win!

16 Reality Raver { 10.09.12 at 9:41 am }

AP – Ben was up in the week the boys were nominated I think. He has only been up once.

17 Calliegirl { 10.09.12 at 9:48 am }

Didn’t like the twist of the Super Power last night. It was just an excuse to draw it out a bit more. Lift your game BB.

18 The Oracle { 10.09.12 at 9:50 am }

Poor old Josh looked dishevelled and fed up last night…I’d say that his todger had a bit of a workout over the last couple of weeks and he’s missing his desserts from Ava..Mikey just doesn’t seem to cut it for him anymore..sad really..

19 Nardigras { 10.09.12 at 10:25 am }

Ben would have to be one of the greatest manipulators to ever play the game. He has been highly entertaining to watch, however I’m starting to feel that he’s just turning plain mean. It only seems to come out every so often, but wow, he can be a bitch. His spiteful reaction about Angie during Layla’s retelling of the glass of wine story sold it for me. He’s also very clever in making sure he butters up to every single member of the house and gives a reason, (which more often than not is a flattering one for the other housemate) as to why he has been distant from them. I just read on the BB website that he used a moment alone with Layla to tell her that he’s intimidated by her, overwhelmed by her, as though she has a ‘presence’, like a celebrity – which is why he’s been weird around her and not as close to her… what a load of bollocks! He has his circle of friends and quite openly said he’s not interested in anyone else being a part of that circle. He makes fun of Sam (not to his face though, he made sure he smoothed it over with him as well). He’s just fed into her insecurities about everything, turned her worried thoughts into thoughts about how much Benjamin thinks she’s so special, and she was crying with happiness at the whole revelation! Well done Benjamin, props to you mate. You are good!

20 Nathan { 10.09.12 at 11:38 am }

i dont think benjamin or stacey will win,but they will def shield michael and zoe in the remaining weeks…
its going to get more and more difficult to nominate soon ,once the current 3 are gone.
so all of a sudden benjamin and stacey are getting bad edits for all the bitching they do….
its really a well scripted show.

21 Miss Mars { 10.09.12 at 12:15 pm }

I actually felt really sorry for Angie last night, as I’ve said before I think the most obvious ‘bullying’ in this show is how the others treat her. When they all suddenly left to go to bed over the wine sharing incident and went and bitched about her in the bedroom… That was just plain juvenile mean girls behaviour. As was the ribbing about the alcohol, what exactly was the problem with going halves? Layla honestly disgusts me, I’ve no idea why she’s popular inside or outside the house. I don’t think she’s a ‘lovely’ person (as Josh said last night) I think she’s a nasty, catty gossip just like the others. She’s also so utterly stupid I find myself having to tune out when she’s speaking for more than a few seconds… If she wins I will boycott Dreamworld in protest or something. Zoe disgusts me for the same reasons, she isn’t ‘nice’ she’s a nasty hypocrite. It’s like these people don’t like/condone ‘bitchiness’ in the house unless it’s someone they don’t like in which case it doesn’t count… Nice.

Ben, Michael, Sam and Stacey are the big game players, and they’ll do whatever they have to in order to get ahead in the competition. I think Sam is a bit arrogant though, does he really think he can win? He won’t.

Josh is just over it I think. Was very disappointed with how he allocated the points lat night. So tired of the same people being up, wish he’d been more strategic and thrown all 8 at someone like Ben, Stacey or Layla. But no *yawn*. I’m really getting the feeling Josh just doesn’t want to be there anymore and as a result he’s become quite the sulky bore. It he doesn’t want to be there he should leave, he’s just becoming a dead weight otherwise.

Estelle has improved on me over the past week. I’m still 100% convinced she’s just as fake as the next HM despite her constant insistences that she’s just being herself, but she’s been more bearable of late. I’d like Sam to go this week but I suspect Estelle is on the way out. Angie has consistently gotten more save votes than Estelle and Sam beat out Angie last week so it looks like it’s time to go Estelle. Voting habits have remained pretty constant throughout the series (in terms of favouritism) so I think the result will be pretty predictable, I could be wrong though.

22 sand { 10.09.12 at 12:23 pm }

I agree wit you miss mars. I really thought josh would vote for someon different since he had all these points to use. I was hoping he would vote for michael but unfortunately he didn’t. Same people are voted again. boring….. Been watching it from the beginning and now don’t really like any of them. Don’t think any of them are deserving to win the prize money. Hope deliah wins… she is absoutely gorgeou and more deserving

23 brain dead dave { 10.09.12 at 12:43 pm }

I think Angie being left on her own in the wake of the wine sharing incident is a good example of the social exclusion going on the house.

I can think of only one thing worse than being stuck in the house with a pack of backstabbing dickheads and that’s being stuck there ..alone. I agree with RR that there’ll be a meltdown but that Angie will keep a lid on it longer than Muckhole did after being nominated just once.

For Angie, it must be cold comfort to be told by the alpha jackal Muckhole that everyone in the house loves her and then pull big nomination numbers every week but then “love” is code in the house for “nomination fodder”.

When I see Zoe, I hear that Clash song “Should I Stay Or Should I Go?”

Hell, who cares? She’s like a ceramic duck on the wall.

I’m hanging out for some more diary room footage of Sam saying he’s going to win. It’s comedy gold.

24 A.P { 10.09.12 at 12:46 pm }

Even the regular nominees are dumb if you think about it because say for example those three were smart and each gave Michael 4 points then he would get 12 points and be up for eviction.
Surely they know who the popular ones are because they are never up for eviction so it would be worth a try instead of turning on each other?
I guess they won’t though but sooner or later when Angie, Estelle and Sam are gone the rest will turn on each other, if they were smart they would all vote for Michael.

25 Nathan { 10.09.12 at 1:28 pm }

how stupid are they….estelle and angie should have some kind of female code to work out how to pick the other popular housemates off…
but estelle is too much of an air head,angie hates estelle….and sam prob thinks sleeping with layla keeps him safe from eviction votes…

26 Miss Mars { 10.09.12 at 2:33 pm }

BDD, I’ve noticed the social exclusion (somewhat with Estelle earlier but more so with Angie) and I just find it unnecessarily cruel. I think part of the reason I don’t mind Michael is that from what I’ve seen he doesn’t tend to engage in this exclusitory behaviour. Sure, he dislikes people and like everyone else he sometimes complains to the other HMs about it but he seems to reserve a lot of his comments for the Diary Room and Nominations which I find fair enough. The behaviour last night was just so high school… I went to an all girls school and I saw that sort of subtle bullying everyday, it’s cruel to alienate someone like that and contrary to what others may think I honestly don’t believe Angie is that much worse than the rest of them and therefore ‘deserves’ it. But it’s clear she, and to a lesser extent, Estelle are being rapidly marginalised by the others. I think Sam would be too but his relationship with Layla has saved him from being straight-out excluded, they tend to keep their dislike for him well hidden until nominations :p.

I’m very surprised they aren’t being more strategic at this stage in the game. Most still seem to be nominating for personality and I think that’s a dumb move at this stage in the contest. People like Angie, Estelle and Sam are never gong to win, it would be in the best interest of the more popular contenders to keep these people around and get rid of some heavy hitters now. At this rate though the trajectory looks pretty predictable: Estelle will probably go this week, Angie next week, Sam after that then probably Josh then Zoe. I predict Michael, Ben and Stacey for the top 3. Michael or Stacey to win.

27 Miss Mars { 10.09.12 at 2:44 pm }

Lol, I left Layla out of that round up and I don’t think it worked when I edited my comment. Layla is the wild card for me, I can’t stand her but something tells me she’s fairly popular on the outside. She could potentially make it to the top 3 but I certainly hope not…

28 Anonymous { 10.09.12 at 2:51 pm }

You know BDD I would vote for Sam to stay and win just to pique Micrackl and the rest of the hypcorites (“well Big Brother I’m voting for Sam because I just dont know him well enough he hasnt taken the time to get to know me “Well Big Brother I’m voting for Estelle/Angie because they too talkative/friendly this week/always telling stories.” )

I know this is a game and not an exercise in social/ethical/moral improvement but when something is ugly it’s ugly.

Michael’s crack and its friends are U.G.L.Y.

And they dont have no alibi.

29 Bolders { 10.09.12 at 3:06 pm }

Number 28 is moi!

30 Julian ArseAngie { 10.09.12 at 4:05 pm }

Angie is cracking, she can’t handle being nominated – it kills her. Do her a favour and get her out. Her negativity is killing the vibe. Her assumptions are based on her own paranoias. Plus she has a frikkin southern cross tatt. She is a female version of a dude with a mullet.

31 brain dead dave { 10.09.12 at 4:29 pm }

Muckhole has a Southern Cross tattoo as well. I hate them.Tupperware Aussies.

Nominating people because they make coffee in the morning. Muckhole hates women as much as Peter $lipper.

32 Lisa { 10.09.12 at 8:12 pm }

I think Angie is getting a bad edit this week.

And I think Josh should have been given an ad break to decide how to distribute the 8 points he just learnt he had.

33 Miss Mars { 10.09.12 at 8:19 pm }

Um, just watching tonight’s show and Layla basically just told Ben she nominated Angie. Where’s her strike? She talked to him in the bedroom about how it was making her feel uncomfortable that Angie was saying that if she did get evicted she couldn’t wait to see who’d nominated her and see who was being two faced. The way Layla worded it she’d have left no doubt in Ben’s mind that she nominated Angie, and Ben’s response about how Angie had asked him for advice and then not taken it came across like he’d nominated her as well imo. Very dodgy, especially from Layla’s end… It was no less obvious than the conversation between Angie and Michael last week. She should have been given a strike.

34 The Oracle { 10.09.12 at 11:24 pm }

I am really starting to dislike Stacey a lot..her over the top antics are becoming gratingly annoying. She has made a few bitchy comments lately .. Tonight when Sam said he loved Layla as a person but was not “in” love with her Stacey replied “well there’s a lot to love” intimating that Layla was a larger girl..she could have been alluding to her cleavage also..totally unecessary.
Michael is fishing to win the car.
Josh looked worse than Michel tonight so dishevilled..not sure how any girl could be physically attracted to him.
The crack is back again..and I wish Micheal would do something about his nipples..they are always erect.
Hope next week Stacey, Zoe, Ben are nominated.
Housemates freaked out when they thought Michael might be wearing their underwear/jocks..so he must be grotty in the house.

35 brain dead dave { 10.09.12 at 11:27 pm }

Lay-her obviously likes to talk and eat….at the same time. Sam does it, too. Didn’t Ben nominate Angie for this as his pet peeve?

Lay-her is a pathetic,whining ar$ehole magnet. Root ’em and boot ’em Sam has only ever been in love with himself.

The nomination talk is happening a lot and it is obvious. Might as well give them all the superpower and let them all listen to nominations. BB’s unspoken rule is that there are no rules. Big deal about a stint in the cheeseball punishment room.

36 brain dead dave { 10.09.12 at 11:43 pm }

It’s such a repulsive sense of entitlement for Muckhole to use others toothbrushes and wear their undergarments. Harden up ffs , Big Brother and sort that grub out.

Yes, The Oracle, I too have had an absolute gutful of Two Facey Stacey.

37 Anonymous { 10.10.12 at 7:54 am }

Hoping for another Estelle breakdown before she is evicted, love that ugly cry face she does!
Stacey to win.

38 brain dead dave { 10.10.12 at 10:44 am }

Too bad you don’t have Estelle’s courage, or any at all.

39 Mahlia { 10.10.12 at 12:12 pm }

Agree. Big Brother has to get tougher. Make the winner earn that money….and not by sucking up for it.