The X Factor – Mel B Is Down To One

Ronan Keating did not understand how people had voted when his group Fourtunate landed in the bottom two. However he needs to get over it. They were the first act up last night and non-scientific studies have shown performing first there is a great chance of elimination.

Carmello also was in the bottom two and Mel B immediately knew he was a goner. Unfortunately for him they did not judge who to keep on their sing off performance as Carmello sang well and Fourtunate were very pitchy indeed.

Guy and Natalie should have been opportunistic and voted for Fourtunate to go as this would have given them a better chance of winning, but they swiftly ended Carmello’s time on The X Factor. Mel B now has only Jason left to mentor and he was probably not a prince of pop.

The group performance with Jess Mauboy was a good one especially as it had the added tension of seeing Jess’s dress slowly creeping up and at one stage it looked like there was going to be the skirt equivalent of a nipple slip.

Did you think the right person was eliminated.

The X Factor on SEVEN Monday and Tuesday nights at 7.30pm.

1 brain dead dave { 10.10.12 at 12:14 am }

Fourtunate are complete rubbish. It’s a rort. Mr Bean was robbed.

2 Kylie { 10.10.12 at 8:43 am }

Carmello sang amazing last night, I admit I thought that may have swayed either guy or nat so I thought we may have had deadlock. In saying that though did anyone see the snarky face on mel as luke was wrapping it up? I would love to know if someone had said something to her or if she was just snarky Carmello had left?

3 Mia { 10.10.12 at 9:17 am }

I was neither shocked nor disappointed with Carmello’s elimination.

Jess Mauboy certainly schooled those kids on how it’s don in the group performancee.

4 Trent { 10.10.12 at 10:01 am }

I have always said the talent on Australian Idol was far superior .. Matt Corby, Lisa Mitchell, Jessica Mauboy, Chanel Cole, Cosima De Vito, Bobby Flynn, Guy Sebastian & Ricki-Lee Coulter all had the X Factor.
Not to mention people like Adam Lambert, Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood in the US.

The problem i have with X Factor is it caters for a young teenage girl audience. Not on the talent of the individual. Which i think differs from Idol.

Putting acts like What about tonight, Adil, Josh Brookes, Nathaniel, Fortunate and the Collective in as the best Australia can offer is questionable.

Also i dont agree that the judges decide week in week out who gets the boot out of the bottom two acts. Johnny Ruffo consistently landed in the bottom 2 last year and was saved the whole time. I went and seen Audio Vixen in concert the other night and they are amazing live, gives me a Fleetwood Mac vibe. But X Factor consistently gives us generic pretty boy types that in Idol people did not like and were generally booted by about the third show. Anyway thats my 2 cents.

5 Ari { 10.10.12 at 10:02 am }

Does anyone else think with increasing pressure on Mel B she might pack her bags and do the UK version instead? Better talent…IDK but the singing just doesn’t sway me in Aussie X-Factor.

6 Anonymous { 10.10.12 at 10:52 am }

The judges changes the way they decide everyweek. One week they based on previous performance and another on the night performance! Whilst I dont think carmello will go all the way, but he had been thrown in a deep end and deserve to be there for at least a few weeks! I think this show is so produced and love how they seems to promote Belle …ACA??? Come on

7 Ruby { 10.10.12 at 11:47 am }

Think Carmelo deserved a couple more weeks to acclimatise himself. He was in an unenviable position. Mel B thought she could win with blubber lips (Josh) which is why she is unhappy I guess. Carmelo was the best singer last night so that would have peeved her, too. Go to UK XF where the talent is better? Not according to Ronan who keeps saying how the Oz show is better talent-wise. Maybe delusion has set in :) That Collective’s performance of Hard Days’ Night still has left me with a vomit bucket by my side :( What a shocker ….& the country guy as Brooooce – ugh, I feel another bout coming on …..

8 brain dead dave { 10.10.12 at 11:57 am }

Have to say how in awe I am of Ronan’s turd polishing skillz.

9 Barbara { 10.10.12 at 2:12 pm }

Agree with the above. I think that the public should have total control of the voting from the beginning . The judges could keep who the like with the way they are voting. Changes the rules for the next X Factor. Fortunate have only had one good night and that was the week before.

10 auds { 10.10.12 at 4:19 pm }

WTF do they make them sing again “for their lives” if they are only going to send home the one they want to anyway.

Why put them through that last nerve wracking performance if its not going to make a knob of goat shit difference who they send home?

Guy is really pissing me off – and I used to be a huge fan

11 Anonymous { 10.11.12 at 10:06 am }

With you AUDs! Whats the point of them performing when the judges already have their mind made up! And sorry dont know how Ronan can say Aus X Factor is the best!?!?!? Seriously?… I guess they have been told what to say, I wont be surprised if the songs selected was by the Producer and not the judges too!