Big Brother – Josh Left The House Due To A Family Tragedy

POST HAS BEEN UPDATED:

In what is shocking and sad news Josh Moore is leaving the Big Brother house due to the death of his 32 year old brother.

The Australian states:

A statement from Nine said Josh had gone home to South Australia this morning after spending the night with his parents who came to the Big Brother house at Dreamworld on the Gold Coast to tell him of the sudden death of his brother Toby, 32.

The 28-year-old musician was a real contender to win Big Brother and take home the $250,000 prize as he was very popular among housemates.

“Last night in the Big Brother house, housemate Josh was called to the Captain’s Quarters as the housemates were getting ready for bed,” Nine said in a statement.

“Josh was taken out of the house to meet his parents who had to tell him the tragic news of the sudden death of his brother Toby, 32.

“Josh then spent the night outside the house with his family where he made the decision to leave the Big Brother competition and go home to support his family at this sad time.

“The Southern Star production team and the Nine Network wish to express their sympathy to the family and ask the fans of Big Brother and the media to allow them privacy at this time.”

Truly terrible for both Josh, his family and his friends.

UPDATED: It has been reported that his brother died of a suspected heart attack.

A statement has been released:

In light of recent events, voting lines are now offline. Further information regarding this will follow in due course.
All voting revenue raised will be donated to The Salvation Army on the request of Josh and his family.
Also updates from the house have been suspended to let the housemates to grieve in private.
If you want to send a message of support to Josh or his family you can email bigbrother@sstar.com.au

1 Lisa { 10.11.12 at 12:16 pm }

That’s so sad.

2 The Oracle { 10.11.12 at 12:20 pm }

Very sad for Josh and his family…

3 Mahlia { 10.11.12 at 12:22 pm }

It’s sad. One opportunity in the Big Brother house and he loses his brother at the same time. So sad for 2 reasons.
Life can be very unfair sometimes.

4 ExEssex { 10.11.12 at 12:25 pm }

So terribly sad. My condolences to Josh and his entire family.

5 Nathan { 10.11.12 at 12:27 pm }

really sad for josh and his family :(
wonder what will happen to the show….

6 Stacey { 10.11.12 at 12:37 pm }

Just read this on twitter what awful news. Beyond unlucky. Rip Toby and condolences. Sad to see Josh go.

7 Bilsey { 10.11.12 at 12:47 pm }

This is so sad, I feel terrible for Josh, their family and friends.

RR did it say anything about when or what the housemates were told of Josh’s departure??? It would make a sad and horrible situation worse if they though he’d just left the house (as his attitude in recent days – well ever since Ava left – has been quite down in the dumps) hopefully they are told the whole story or Josh was able to record a good-bye message.

8 Bree { 10.11.12 at 1:05 pm }

Poor Josh. He wasn’t my favourite hm but, of course, I feel absolutely devastated for him. It couldn’t have been easy hearing something like that when you’re in the confines of the BB house and that he had not seen his brother for the past two months :( Condolences to his family at this time.

On a side note, it’ll be interesting to see how Michael copes with Josh being gone now and his dislike to this week’s task.

9 A.P { 10.11.12 at 1:18 pm }

Yes, my condolences to Josh too, very sad.
I must admit when I first heard the news my first thought was that he had left voluntarily due to boredom as I heard Michael say it was getting to him, I wish this was the reason rather than such a tragedy for him and his family.

10 Reality Raver { 10.11.12 at 1:25 pm }

Bree – I suspect if the task was not over, they would have pulled it as at a time like this all the housemates would have been wanting to talk and comfort each other.

Bilsey – I just checked the @bbaulive twitter stream and it must have heard the news late at night as he was still in the house at 10.00pm according to this tweet: 22:05: Zoe, Benjamin and Josh continue chatting in the Camp Kitchen, and their loud and boisterous laughter echoes around the Backyard.

Though the teams were still sleeping separately this morning 07:54: The Reds are tucked up in their beds in the House Bedroom, while the Blues are snoozing on their camp beds in the Backyard.

I doubt we will see Josh leave, and nor should we, but possibly there will be a voice over or something in writing about him leaving.

11 Reality Raver { 10.11.12 at 1:26 pm }

A.P – That is what I thought as well when I first heard, as he did appear down and over it the last week or so.

12 Miss Mars { 10.11.12 at 2:42 pm }

I feel awful for Josh and his family, what a terrible thing to happen. I think he did the right thing by pulling out to be with his family, it’s what I would have done, it’s just a competition at the end of the day.

I wonder how this will effect the mood of the house… I agree RR that they will probably stop the challenge. I hope the do anyway, I think failure to do so would be inappropriate in light of the situation. Even though it was a tragedy suffered by another HMs family, I’ve no doubt it will get them all thinking about their families and their isolation from them. I’d say we’re in for a fairly depressing few days.

I doubt we’ll see Josh leave either, and I hope we don’t. I think that would be too exploitative honestly, he and his family deserve privacy right now.

13 Nathan { 10.11.12 at 3:48 pm }

i cant imagine anyone staying after their brother has died…..if it was some kind of long illness and the end was inevitable – maybe.
but something sudden like this??
no way!
he’s gone from the house and and he needs to grieve with his family.
the producers will have to work around it….
also,i really hope big brother doesnt try to cash in on the whole thing .

14 kess { 10.11.12 at 3:59 pm }

So, how do you continue with a house full of real people, who have just been given an enormous real life shock?
They don’t want to entertain us, they want to go somewhere private and cry.

15 Brielle { 10.11.12 at 4:05 pm }

This is so sad and so very upsetting to hear my thoughts and prays are with you and your family

16 Miss Mars { 10.11.12 at 4:08 pm }

Kess – I agree, it’s a horrible thing to have happen and I’ve no doubt it will have a profound effect on all the other housemates as well. Josh is like their family, so on a direct level I’m sure they will all be grieving for him. The other huge shock will be the realisation that this could technically happen to someone in their family, and they wouldn’t have seen or spoken to that person in over two months. I’m sure they’ll all be desperate to contact loved ones, and I hope they allow them at least a phone call to check in.

It’s truly sad, I’m glad that (thus far anyway…) Nine has had enough integrity to pause live updates and not try to milk the situation for its own gain. I hope they don’t go the tacky or offensive route with this and really give the situation the reverence and privacy it deserves.

17 Anonymous { 10.11.12 at 4:20 pm }

So sad

18 Nathan { 10.11.12 at 5:04 pm }

no eviction this week and fresh noms next week – out of respect for josh and his family

19 julia { 10.11.12 at 5:49 pm }

i feel for joshes family my heart goes out to you all it is hard to deal with a tragedy god bless u all

20 Jenny { 10.11.12 at 7:22 pm }

Such terrible news. Thoughts are with Josh and his family at this sad time.

21 Margo { 10.11.12 at 7:49 pm }

My thoughts are with Josh and his Family.May their strength and Memories get them through this sad time.

22 Beau { 10.11.12 at 7:59 pm }

Very sad for Josh and his family, my sympathy to all of them. My thoughts are with the housemates too as this will effect them as well thinking how easily it could have been one of them. Spirits are going to be very low and with good reason. A very, very sad time.

23 Anonymous { 10.11.12 at 8:04 pm }

So sad. Poor josh.

24 The Oracle { 10.11.12 at 8:39 pm }

I only watched it briefly tonight..it was a weird feeling watching Josh and knowing what the future was so I just left it.
Iagree there should be new nominations ..this will effect the house massively..very sad for Josh..

25 Alex { 10.11.12 at 8:45 pm }

I really think that BB handled this really well so far, and hope that they continue to show the same respect in coming days.

Condolences to Josh and his family

26 Anonymous { 10.11.12 at 8:48 pm }

That’s so sad I can’t believe it poor josh!!

27 Ian { 10.12.12 at 10:02 am }

What a horrific situation for Josh and his family. I commend him for leaving the show – it’s definitely the right choice. God bless him and his family.

28 Kara { 10.13.12 at 5:43 pm }

That’s so sad as Toby was only 32 that’s heaps young 2 have a heart attack. Josh would be so upset as his only 4 years younger.

My heart goes out 2 their family at this devastating time!