Big Brother – No Eviction Sunday

With Josh Moore leaving the Big Brother house because of the tragic death of his brother there will be no eviction Sunday night.

Here is a statement from NINE:

Tonight’s episode of Big Brother was filmed yesterday, prior to Housemate Josh Moore exiting the House for personal reasons. In this episode, viewers will see the Red/Blue task continuing, Ben and Angie catching up in the neutral zone and Zoe receiving a heartwarming message from home.

Last night, Josh was called into the Captain’s Quarters as the Housemates were getting ready for bed.  Josh was taken out of the House to meet his parents, Terry and Carolyn, who told him of the tragic sudden death of his only sibling, brother Toby, 32.

Josh then spent the night outside the House with his family where he made the decision to leave the Big Brother competition and go home to support his family at this sad time.

Big Brother Housemates have been informed of Josh’s situation and had the opportunity to say good bye to him in person earlier today. Out of respect for Josh and his family, Big Brother turned the cameras off and this meeting was conducted privately.

As a result of Josh leaving the house, this week’s voting has been closed and funds from this period will be donated to The Salvation Army, a charity nominated by Josh and his family.

The Red/Blue task in the House has been cancelled and Live Updates from the Big Brother House on the program website and social media accounts have beenpaused for the day.

There will be no Big Brother Eviction this Sunday night; instead Big Brother will show extended footage from the weekend and celebrate Josh’s time in the House. From Monday, Live Nominations will continue as scheduled.

The Southern Star production team and the Nine Network wish to express their sympathy to the Moore family, and ask fans of Big Brother and the media to allow them privacy at this time.

Channel NINE appear to be handling a difficult situation as sensitively as possible these type of scenarios would not be covered in the Big Brother Handbook.

1 TaraMacca { 10.11.12 at 5:09 pm }

I don’t believe they haven’t planned for this type of situation. They have counselors & psychologists on hand 24 hours a day. It would be extremely irresponsible for Big Brother to be expected to fill all of these roles. When Angie had a go at Layla I believe that situation was MUCH worse than what we saw- she would have been ‘dealt with’ by a counselor at that time.
In the past they also had a debriefing straight after being evicted, before they hit the stage. I assume this still exists- they appear quite together when being interviewed.
Big Brother may hand turned the cameras off for Josh to say goodbye, but it’s all publicity to them. TV stations know no empathy or sympathy.

2 Mia { 10.11.12 at 5:58 pm }

While I am very sorry for Josh’s loss, and have no problem with him leaving or the way it has been handled, I’m confused as to why this should effect the eviction? It’s not like he was up for eviction, so, why cancel the Eviction Show, and why a fresh round of nominations on Monday?

3 Lisa { 10.11.12 at 6:00 pm }

I guess it is being handled as best it can be.
Such a shame for Josh for many reasons other than the most obvious.
Sad for the mood of the show too.

On the upside, I’ve always defended my watching ‘trash TV’ (as Big Brother is often accused of being) by saying that you can learn a lot about life and people from it. Never has that been more evident than when we all are reminded of the fragility of relationships and life via Josh’s experience.

4 Den { 10.11.12 at 6:01 pm }

OMG. How sad for Josh and his family. :(

Mia, you have a point but I’ve got nothing to add.

5 A.P { 10.11.12 at 6:01 pm }

Mia, I tend to agree, possibly because Josh has now gone he replaces one of the evictees so they feel its not necessary to do it on Sunday?

6 Anonymous { 10.11.12 at 6:13 pm }

Agree with Mia -fresh round of nominations is absurd.

7 brain dead dave { 10.11.12 at 6:24 pm }

Have to agree. Fresh nominations not required. Greedy Ch9 ripping the voters off.

8 Lisa { 10.11.12 at 7:09 pm }

I suspect Big Brother is showing respect to the grief the others may be feeling for Josh and so not disrupting them further by removing someone else from the group.
The fresh nominations would be to reset the game, which has to be done at some point.

9 Beau { 10.11.12 at 7:13 pm }

A.P. agree with you, Josh is gone so takes the place of the evicted. Hence new lot of nominations on Monday night, numbers will stay the same this way.
Meanwhile my heartfelt sympathy goes out to Josh and his parents for the loss of their son and brother, what an awful time this is for them. Sending them lots of love and healing at this sad time.

10 Carole { 10.11.12 at 7:36 pm }

Yeah it’s very sad for Josh and his family. It would be a huge shock, being shut off from the world like that. I can understand them putting off the eviction. I think they would have the whole season mapped out, to go x number of weeks and x number of evictions. They would have the whole show planned from start to finish. It happens in all reality shows like Survivor, Dancing With The Stars and MasterChef. If people have left because they broke the rules or cheated or took ill they don’t normally eliminate anyone for that week as it would screw everything up.

11 A.P { 10.11.12 at 8:07 pm }

Yeah, thanks Beau, I think the three “new nominees” will be the same three we have now so there’s probably not much point going through it again anyway unless Sam, Angie and Estelle can play a bit smarter and each vote 4 points to the same new person such as Stacey, Zoe or Michael.They need to not vote for each other and they might have a chance if they think about it.
In light of whats happened though, they might not feel like playing the game this week.

12 Lisa { 10.11.12 at 8:08 pm }

Channel Nine should definitely be commended for their treatment of this very very sad situation. It would be very easy for the media to get caught up in a circus, but thankfully this time, they have taken the high road.

My deepest sympathy to Josh and his family.

13 Miss Mars { 10.11.12 at 8:10 pm }

Lisa, I agree, I also assumed they cancelled eviction to try and help the housemates cope and get back on track after this experience. A fresh round of nominations on Monday will re-introduce a sense of normalcy as it’s part of their routine, just carrying over the same nominees would mean no nominations and it would be harder for them to get back to their normal routine. In saying that though it does sort of suck for the few fans out there who are spending big on voting, I know Angie has some big fan (he’s active on twitter) who’s been voting up to 1000 times to save her when she’s been up. It’s good that they’re giving the money to charity but I assume there will be some annoyed voters out there… In saying that though, their housemate is technically safe for the week so I suppose that’s how they’ll rationalise it if people complain, would be different if it was vote to evict…

14 Likes2Watch { 10.11.12 at 8:51 pm }

If someone is annoyed at having lost a few dollars voting to charity they should take a good long look at themselves! Some things are bigger than a silly reality tv show

15 Cookie { 10.11.12 at 8:55 pm }

The reason there is no eviction is because now that Josh is out of the house, he would count as the evicted housemate. Their schedule only allows for 1 evicted housemate a week. If Josh and someone else went, then we’d have an intruder. Don’t be so quick to give the thumbs up to channel 9 for their sensitivity. They would be rushing around trying to work out contingency plans, not thinking of ways to make Josh’s family feel happy. Why would Josh or his family give a crap if someone was evicted this week. Answer is, they wouldn’t.

16 Likes2Watch { 10.11.12 at 9:23 pm }

I think you are underestimating their duty of care to the housemates and I’m fairly certain they would all be distraught for Josh and about losing Josh in such a way too.

17 brain dead dave { 10.11.12 at 9:37 pm }

I’m pretty sure they’re more distraught about being in the hands of receivers at the moment. Channel 9 facing bankruptcy – or Josh’s situation. Which would be more tragic to them?

18 Georgie { 10.11.12 at 9:51 pm }

Ltic bdd.

19 brain dead dave { 10.11.12 at 9:59 pm }

I had to Google that acronym , Georgie. Like a jackass I sat here blogging today,when I could have been in the Adelaide Hills seeing snow.It hasn’t happened for 100 years in October.

20 Donna { 10.11.12 at 10:00 pm }

I think it is good the way it is being handled , if they were to have a eviction the person who leaves would not have the comfort of the other house mates to help deal with their grief as well , the best thing is to keep all house mates together. My sincere sympathy to Josh and his family.

21 Holly { 10.11.12 at 10:01 pm }

22 Georgie { 10.11.12 at 10:03 pm }

I hope you didn’t find it on Google bdd, cause I thought I just made it up right then? Bloody hell, nothing is sacred!

I heard about the snow on the news; 100 years is a pretty impressive record to break. I’ve never seen snow.

23 brain dead dave { 10.11.12 at 10:14 pm }

Sorry, Georgie. Read ’em and weep.

LTIC Laughing ‘Til I Cry
LTIC Long-Term Incentive Compensation
LTIC Last Time I Checked
LTIC Long Term Investment Corporation
LTIC Lymphoid Tissue Inducer Cell
LTIC Linear Time Invariant Continuous time (system)

24 Beau { 10.11.12 at 10:16 pm }

A.P. would love to see Stacey, Zoe, Michael, Ben or Layla up for nominations next week. As you said if they are only smart enough to work it out and give all their points to someone else for a change instead of same old same old. That would be great, really throw a cat among the pigeons!

25 Samantha { 10.11.12 at 10:29 pm }

The current nom noms should vote for the annoying Stacey (her put on voice is a pain, especially when conversing with BB), the Crack, I would love to see the Crack crack and receive a bad editing week… I hope also Angie is nominatedagain cannot stand this princess who thinks she is hot. Hope Zoe or Ben wins BB2012

26 Georgie { 10.11.12 at 10:41 pm }

LunaTIC

27 Chelsea { 10.11.12 at 10:47 pm }

Really interested to see the housemates’ attitude to noms next week. Will this awful event make them put things in perspective? Hopefully they will pay Josh & his family some respect and not react to being nommed with the usual tears and self-pity.

28 A.P { 10.11.12 at 11:03 pm }

Beau, I know, it would be great if only I could channel my advice through the tv to tell those three how to vote! Its so simple really.
I just think every housemate should be up each week and the public vote to evict, not save, so much fairer!
BDD, I saw the snow too on the news and I immediately thought of you as I don’t know anyone else who lives in Adelaide except you ( well, sort of! )

29 Ari { 10.12.12 at 12:44 am }

Sad to see this happen, especially being locked in the house for two months, a consolation prize should be given to Josh at least, must be a hard feeling trapping yourself in a house for months being away from family…

After this situation, would the producers allow the remaining housemates the opportunity to talk to their loved ones?

30 Isabel { 10.12.12 at 7:39 am }

Stacey talks as if she’s got a peg on her nose. And she’s got a few double chins there ….

31 Beau { 10.12.12 at 10:16 am }

Good on you Samantha, someone else that can see through Stacey.
She is acting all the time, starting with all that makeup and those red lips. Nominate Stacey! She is definitely flying under the radar,mishey is talking about you all to her evil little buddy, Ben. He is another one, getting them all aside telling them how he loves each of them, he is making sure he is in their good books so as not to get nominated, and have a guess what, so far it’s working. They are all so dumb in there. If Layla believes all that twaddle he gave her about he is humbled by her well she is more thick than I thought!

32 brain dead dave { 10.12.12 at 10:29 am }

Yes, like the dude said ,you can’t fool all of the people all of the time and that especially applies to $tacey with the mindless gurning for the cameras over the most trivial announcements and the surreptitious shafting of Angie and Estelle. The make up can cover only so much.

Ben’s a bitch but props to him for getting all of the other drongoes jumping through hoops for him.

33 Beau { 10.12.12 at 4:19 pm }

Way to go BDDave, lets get rid of Stacey! If only it was that easy :(
Zoe said she was getting sick of her the other week but then she never nominated her, I could not believe it. Maybe this will be the week. Fingers crossed.