The Block All Stars Has Started Filming And Who Is The Cast? UPDATED

The first of the two series of The Block that will be screened in 2013 has started filming in Bondi.

This series will be an All Stars one with teams from the previous series coming back to battle it out. No official news on the cast yet, but strong rumours are Josh and Jenna are back as are Duncan and Mark.

UPDATE: now confirmed to be true with the other two teams being Phil and Amity, and Dan and Dani.  Looks like Dan and Dani and Josh and Jenna will be the villains.

Earlier this year The Block fans were given the opportunity to vote for who they would like to see back on their screens. Rod and Tania were campaigning hard on the social media but they may not have got the call up.

The teams will be renovating four houses amongst a street of not very happy residents as they had lodged objections with the local council about the show filming there.

Who would you like to see back on the show?

The Block All Stars will screen on Channel NINE in 2013.

1 Michelle { 10.13.12 at 10:50 am }

That made a mockery of the fans voting, Brad + Lara & Sophie + Dale were more popular than Dan & Dani. Same as Rod + Tania, Waz + Polly were the favourites from the 2011 series. At least those 2 whiney sisters from 2011 weren`t selected.

2 seepi { 10.13.12 at 2:13 pm }

I remember Amity and Phil. i wonder how they will go now that they have little kids?

I remember Josh and Jenna too. and are Mark and Duncan the fat tradies?

I’m drawing a blank on Dan and Dani. I wish they had got Shaz back. she was a funny one.

3 AJ { 10.13.12 at 7:31 pm }

I was hoping for Gaz and Waz (?), the gay couple from the first (?) series. They’re the only participants who really stand out in my memory of the series.

4 drb123 { 10.13.12 at 7:46 pm }

No one from season 2, I guess Dr Andrew and his wife wouldn’t be an option. I always thought Kristen and Jason were so narcissistic sociopaths that I couldn’t take my eyes off the show

5 TickledPink { 10.14.12 at 10:36 pm }

Who on earth would have voted for Dan & Dani?
I don’t think i could stand to watch them again!!!

6 chasing vegas { 10.15.12 at 9:11 am }

Dan & Dani won’t be welcome on my TV screen again. They are reason I stopped watching last season.

7 drb123 { 11.11.12 at 6:27 am }

So your allstars are two teams that came last and none that won. Are Channel Nine really sure what the term Allstar means?

8 pat { 12.19.12 at 7:34 pm }

really pissed rod and tanya didnt make it hard to believethis has not been a set up phill and amity yeah right who would remember them all the way back in season 1

9 drb123 { 12.20.12 at 8:07 am }

Phil and Amity were pretty forgettable. They came fourth (read: last) and she was pushing her really dull song for most of the time they were there

10 Rosalie { 01.26.13 at 11:59 am }

Come on Ausie What are you thinking:::: How could you possibly vote for Dani. Dan ok with someone else maybe But her. She must be the most disliked Block competitor By NZ’ers anyway. Still love the show and will watch it for sure

11 sharon { 01.30.13 at 3:42 pm }

why would they not brig back the elinated contestants if they were looking to give a second chance does not make sense they had a set of twins mum and son think this would have been much better

12 Rosalie { 02.03.13 at 11:40 am }

Sharon I couldn’t agree with you more.

13 D { 02.04.13 at 11:55 pm }

Can’t believe rod and tania ain’t in it
Dan and Danny . . . Really
All stars???

14 JANELLE { 03.19.13 at 9:29 pm }

phil an amity are my favourite they are so genuine an nice. also the 3 boys duncan an mark very nice to. I hope though phil an amity win the block with the boys secound.