Big Brother: A Baby Enters The House And Angie Appears To Be On The Outer

There was no major post mega meltdown tonight however Layla and Benjamin were a tad pissed off and that wasn’t the only thing that Layla  was unhappy about. She was unhappy about that other people were not cleaning the kitchen. She thought Angie and Michael were the worst offenders.

Angie was also copping it from Michael after she had had a conversation about getting a pug with him.

Michael said to Zoe and Stacey that Angie was such a privileged brat. It was a tad ironic he is pointing the finger at Angie as  he keeps talking about his private school education.

Later in the episode Angie was not very happy when she walked into the kitchen and most o the other housemates were in there drinking alcohol and they had not told her. Big Brother had told her the booze was there and the other housemates tried to justify why they had not told her. It was a bit rude of them all.

Then this seemed to kick off a fight with Estelle.

Earlier Estelle had been in conversation with Ben where she was talking about her ideal man, and like any mid twenty something person the list of qualities wanted was endless. However she did say intelligence was paramount and she like someone that intellectually challenged her. Not sure where former housemate Ryan fits in with that criteria.

Michael was also concerned that Zoe might not be popular with the viewer because of her unrequited love for him. Which I interpreted as he was concerned he might be looking like a douche in the scenario as well.

The other “big” event in the house was the arrival of Big Baby. It was giant baby which the housemates had to look after. When the baby cried they have to get there within 30 seconds. I thought some housemates took longer then that to get there. Yes I am looking at you Layla. It is their weekly challenge, maybe some people are amused by it.

It will be interesting to see if they pass the task.

1 A.P { 10.16.12 at 10:51 pm }

That baby sure is ugly! Reminds me of a big kewpie doll.
It was good to see Estelle getting a little reward for once. I think the arguing between her and Angie was nothing really and the producers were trying to make more out of it.
Of course the rest of the housemates had to have a dig at Estelle and laughing, saying that she’s probably galloping around the house pretending to be a horse again.
Ben was chatting to Stacey about how he’s a nice likeable person and can’t understand why someone wouldn’t like him as he’s never changed and is not mean to anyone! Yeah, right!
Layla had a right to complain about no one else doing their share of the cleaning, don’t blame her.
Michael is so smug this week because he wasn’t nominated and saying that Angie is a privileged brat, well POT, KETTLE, BLACK!

2 The Oracle { 10.16.12 at 11:06 pm }

Not another baby!..this scenario has been done so many times in other programs.
Ithought Estelle showed another side to her nature ..she was rather comic and “quick” with her retorts to Surly. Definitely a BB ploy to raise her popularity with viewers .
Must say I was surprised that Sam was such a good “dad”..whereas Layla was hopeless, moaning and not much help.
Sorry to see Angie bend to the boys pressure and actually say she’s going to go on a diet..FFS..stand up for yourself..who cares what they say!..has any nasty comment been made about Zoe or Layla’s weight.?..no!.
Suddenly Zoe has done a u-turn and says she doesn’t want to leave whereas after the noms she said she would be actually be happy to go home.

3 Beau { 10.16.12 at 11:45 pm }

I wonder why Estelle was chosen for the dinner with Surley? I thought she conducted herself very well, she wasn’t very good at keeping the secret though, they all saw through her. Had to laugh at Angie and her detective work, she was turning in to one crazy lady about the whole thing. Yes A.P. couldn’t believe our friend Ben NOT saying how he is a nice likeable person and has never changed and is not mean to anyone, who is he trying to fool. Then again these types of people sometimes really believe they are not doing anything wrong, that they are perfect. I hope he gets to watch ALL of this back, two faced snake in the grass that he is. Thanks for the info on Survivor, would have been peed if I had missed it.

4 VioletsRBlue { 10.16.12 at 11:52 pm }

Yes, I was also surprised how good ‘dad’ Sam was! I must say he hold the doll as if he really wanted to comfort her! He even kissed her goodnight! Was very impressed with him. Layla was very hopeless mum although Stacey was worst.

Ben is really a mean, nasty person! How quickly did he comment on Estelle galloping across the lounge room. If only he knew that she actually provided much better ‘fun-value’ tonight than him or his ‘ways trying so hard to be funny’ Stacey! I found her ‘date’ with Sally very cute and funny. I think that Estelle was very sweet.

I was a bit disappointed with Layla running into Diary room to quickly let BB know about Estelle and Angie ‘fight’ . She made it sound much worst than it actually was. Like a little schoolgirl trying to be the teachers pet! She lost a couple of points with me tonight. It was as if she was trying to show herself as this ‘mature’, reasonable person (read: such a likeable, nice person). It was all Angie anyway, Estelle was just trying to explain to Angie that she interrupts in all the time.

My current favorites: 1. Estelle for being nice and most natural, 2. Sam for his honesty and a warm side, ….3. Maybe Layla but she is not as nice as she thinks she is.
The worst Stacey for always ‘acting’ ( getting sick of it really, it’s not really funny at all any more), Ben and Michael for always conspiring ( I know it’s a game but they do it in a nasty way!). They could strategies without being nasty about others. Care factor zero about Zoe ( used to think that she was nice, but she is just a sheep).

5 Isabel { 10.17.12 at 7:01 am }

I missed a bit of the programme last night, so didn’t see Estelle having dinner with Surly.

I am wondering how old some of the daily recaps are. I thought I read on here last week from someone who had been checking out the BB site that there was a challenge involving a baby. So how come it’s only on now.

It’s getting nasty in the house now and I can’t believe that one of them will win $250,000! As far as I can see, the only one worthy of it is Estelle, I’m not aware that she back stabs or bitches about people. But then again, Delilah is a worthy winner for putting up with it all!

6 Anonymous { 10.17.12 at 7:34 am }

Watching Estelle at the fish tank was sickening – if anyone is acting it’s clearly her, and she’s not even funny or clever. Layla is also more annoying than ever.

7 Golo i Wesolo { 10.17.12 at 8:01 am }

Estelle has gone up in my books. Love her!

Whoever tries to save Ben this week must be absolutely delusional. If he wins BB it’s a win for bullying. Now THAT’S a great message to send to our kids!

8 Carole { 10.17.12 at 9:01 am }

Yeah, I was impressed with Sam and the baby too, he was very tender and kind. And again, Layla was misunderstanding what Angie was trying to tell her. She was only trying to warn her so she wouldn’t end up in the naughty corner. She gets very defensive when people point out the truth to her. Next time she should just let her swear, if she ends up in the naughty corner it will be her own fault. I thought Estelle was funny on her ‘date’ too. But Angie’s right, it’s about time something special was done for her.

9 Carole { 10.17.12 at 9:09 am }

And I thought they were mean too not saving any wine for Angie. They try to make it look like she has a drinking problem or something, but I love alcohol too and don’t have a problem. Stuck in there they don’t have a lot of luxuries and are limited with what they can drink and eat. Alcohol seems to be doled out very sparingly, unlike former seasons where they seemed to get a lot of it, so it would be a big deal to miss out. Doesn’t mean you are an alcoholic.

10 Stacey { 10.17.12 at 9:10 am }

Last night was the first time in the whole series that I liked Estelle. The date with Surly was cute, and it was nice how she told Ange to stop interrupting Layla’s story. However I did cringe at the dancing at the fishtank and over the top cackling. Lol I wonder if she’s like that on a real date? Anyway thought she was fun. I wish she got more of that kind of edit.
Ange was hilarious smelling the food in the bathroom:
“It smells like…”
*sniff**sniff*
“Tacos.”
Now that Estelle has gotten a little prize it really is just Angie left. I hope she gets something at least before her time is up you can see she dtruggles a little bit sometimes.
Also Sams hottness went up about 500% last night seeing how he was with that baby. He seems like a really nice, caring person and I’m liking him more every episode!

11 Ian { 10.17.12 at 9:42 am }

Nice to see that Sam treats a plastic baby better than he does any of the female contestants…

12 Beau { 10.17.12 at 10:00 am }

VioletsRBlue, enjoyed your rundown. Have to agree with you about everything! We are on the same wavelength. Especially about the evil ones, Ben and Stacey. Cannot stand them! I so wish we could vote to evict. It works out a lot more expensive the way channel nine have it rigged up, puts you off voting, at least it does me. These young people that don’t really care about money and can waste it (and also love the nasties in the house) are going to spend their money on saving Ben, which is such a pity. Then of course whenever the house finally all wise upto Michael and nominate him, the teens who love him will vote to save him. Ugh! This show is getting really frustrating..

13 Culinary Boner { 10.17.12 at 11:16 am }

Here is the baby they should have been made to look after –

I was going to suggest the baby from David Lynch’s “Eraserhead”, but even I’m not that sick – http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074486/

14 VioletsRBlue { 10.17.12 at 11:21 am }

I really don’t want Estelle or Sam To go mostly as this would just confirm to Ben and Michael how good they are at their manipulative, bulling tactics and how easy they can influence eviction outcomes. Also would love to see the reaction of Michael’s and the rest of his clan if Ben got evicted. It would have caused shock waves of horror as they would definitely start panic about no longer being untouchables! Now that would be an absolute brilliant TV!! If the producers have any brains they will ensure a great edit for Estelle and Sam thus week and absolutely sh**t edit for Ben! … Oh I guess I can just dream and okay it in my head anyway!

15 brain dead dave { 10.17.12 at 11:43 am }

It’s not that big compared to the 3.2 billion dollar baby Ch9 are holding.

We’ve seen the look after the baby stunts on this show before. The producers are treading water with this stuff to run it by again, surly. Three weeks to go, the viewers deserve better than this.

It’s misogynistic and sexist to deny an Australian woman alcohol.

Angie fires a up a treat after a charge and deserved some R&R after the “ah yer fat, yer a tramp, ya loser ” that Michael’s used.

There was some ducks and drakes going on with the Tim Tams as well, if I’m not mistaken. Layla’s like a honey badger around food and a duchess of dobbing in the Diary Room into the bargain last night.

16 Mahlia { 10.17.12 at 12:41 pm }

RR let me remove any doubt from your head – Ryan definitely does NOT fit in with Estelle’s intelligence criteria!

I can never tell who is being natural and who isn’t. I know present themselves for the win and manipulate others for their own advancement. But I guess that’s probably who they are in real life.

When I decide who I like it’s an equation of how much entertainment they’ve given me plus how nice they are to others.

17 Kelsta { 10.17.12 at 1:08 pm }

I didn’t think much of Layla’s constant dobbing to BB – get over it! Also, she masterminded the whole “who gets what drinks/tim tams” thing which left Angie short of wine. Trivial things, but as there are few luxuries, I’d be pissed off if I were Angie as things weren’t fair. Hmm, I’m starting to see Layla in a different light!

The baby challenge is making me cringe although I did love it when it spewed on Michael. I also enjoyed watching Sam being naturally good with it – he must have been around kids throughout his life – he goes up a few more notches (apart from his hotness!)

The dinner date with Surly made me cringe also. The fact that Estelle was hopeless about lying to the others showed that she might actually be genuine in the show.

18 Nathan { 10.17.12 at 3:40 pm }

i reckon estelle is the most genuine on the show…not very smart though. hoping she wins,anyway….

19 Calliegirl { 10.17.12 at 3:52 pm }

I thought Sam was a better parent than Layla. Lovely to see a guy so nurturing. Yes I know it was only a doll!! lol

20 Bolders { 10.17.12 at 4:07 pm }

I am missing a lot of this show now – everytime there is extended footage of Michael, his hair, his feet, his crack I switch channels.

Just can’t subject myself to it – would rather pay the bills .

21 Nathan { 10.17.12 at 4:37 pm }

im in the same boat…just cant endure the show anymore.the same people keep getting villianized.
so i just check the updates on the bb site and here.
its a pity,because i have never missed a show since the first one in 2000,but just cant stomach this years.

22 Isabel { 10.17.12 at 5:02 pm }

I went on to Facebook to vote to save Estelle but changed my mind when they wanted my credit card number!

23 Kaz { 10.17.12 at 5:24 pm }

I thought the whole wine/beer/tim tams situation last night smacked of trying to bait Angie into a negative reaction. Obviously she loves her wine, and as others have mentioned alcohol is strictly rationed in this series, so deliberately ensuring that there was no wine left and only 2 tim tams would have angered any of the housemates if it happened to them.
I also thought Michael’s “she’s such a privileged brat” was totally uncalled for after the puggle conversation. Plenty of people have dogs, puggles included, how that would make them privileged I really don’t know. I must admit Angie’s reaction when he said they should be bred to death due to their breathing problems, (Bradley has a stutter, you have red hair, it’s just got a snouty nose) cracked me up. I’m liking Angie more and more, at least she sticks up for herself. If only she could use a bit of common sense when she’s nominating!
I could also understand her frustration during the Layla/Estelle conversation. It was so edited to make it look as one sided as possible. I could understand Estelle’s point, but the producers were trying to make out that it was a huge arguement.
Layla is really irritating me, running to the diary room at every opportunity. She has obviously worked out that ‘the untouchables’ will pick her off earlier rather than later, so she’s desperately trying to distance herself from that group. I’ve always thought that she isn’t as stupid as she makes out, but plays it up in the house (especially when she’s in the diary room, much like Ben does in the nomination chamber).
I so hope that Ben gets voted out, I think it would be the most interesting (and unexpected) outcome for the house. I’d love to see his followers scramble, especially without the majority numbers wise. I might have to vote for the very first time, if only we could vote to evict, it would make things much easier.

24 Bolders { 10.17.12 at 5:25 pm }

Isabel I know what you mean: I dont care enough to pay for someone to stay but would care enough to vote and pay for someone to leave. In the history of Big Brother I only ever voted once and that was to get rid of Nathan from 2008. Remember him? *shudders

25 A.P { 10.17.12 at 5:47 pm }

Same here, I would really love to see Estelle stay and I’m prepared to send a text once or twice if it helps, but thats all. I’m not bothered if any of the others go or stay at this stage.
If we could vote to evict it would be so much easier, but I fear we will never get rid of Michael because he’s so popular with the younger people who do all the facebook voting.
Maybe Angie could consider giving a pound dog a second chance in life considering they have Delilah in the house. There are already so many unwanted animals in shelters without breeding more! My dog was from the pound and they reward you for it in leaps and bounds, so loyal and trusting forever, just like Delilah.
Bolders, was Nathan the guy who unfortunately took his own life?

26 Miss Mars { 10.17.12 at 6:00 pm }

Kaz, I agree 100% with your comment, I said something similar last night on the previous post. Angie’s been getting a rough edit pretty much since day one, but I’ve never thought she was that bad, and I too am liking her more and more as the show progresses.

I feel like she’s probably the most genuine person in there, as evidenced by her unwillingness to pander to the other housemates or suck up to the influential folk to avoid nominations. Both Ben and Michael have spoken to her about how she could avoid being nominated if she changes the way she acts etc. and she’s instead chosen to stay true to her personality, for better or worse, which I actually respect. The incident a couple of weeks back with the wine was a perfect example of how the other housemates just wind her up to get a rise out of her so they can then turn it back on her and make out she’s being a crazy and confrontational drama queen. It’s happened a few times, and them not leaving her any wine or treats last night was another example of this. I would have reacted in pretty much the same way, at least she makes them personally aware when she’s annoyed with them… and doesn’t just run off to have a moan to BB or Ben about it like some of the other housemates… *cough* Layla *cough*. I’m not a big fan of Estelle but to her credit she’s the same, she actually lets people know when she has an issue with them and doesn’t just bitch behind their back.

I also mentioned a couple of posts ago that Angie is really the only HM now that has been consistently overlooked with regards to secret missions, treats, surly interactions etc. This seems really unfair as these activities have really given other housemates a chance to shine and get some positive screen time (therefore increasing their popularity on the outside). Overlooking Angie so pointedly, coupled with her terrible edits makes it blatantly obvious that they are trying their hardest to get her evicted. Not sure why though as at least she injects some drama into the house.

27 Bolders { 10.17.12 at 6:09 pm }
28 Bolders { 10.17.12 at 6:10 pm }
29 Carole { 10.17.12 at 6:14 pm }

I just read on Twitter that Angie and Stacey are in the Captain’s Quarters. I assume Angie must have won as I doubt Stacey would have chosen Angie to go with her, she would have chosen Ben. That will be interesting to see them in there and what they will talk about.

30 Miss Mars { 10.17.12 at 6:18 pm }

Carole, Angie did win. Was so glad she took Stacey and not Ben. Ben is always mouthing off about how he can’t stand Angie anyway so I have my doubts as to how much he would have wanted to go in with her.

31 A.P { 10.17.12 at 7:10 pm }

Yes, thanks Bolders, I remember him now, I didn’t like him either.
The one I was thinking of was the guy with spikey mohawk hair called Gordon in BB1 who died of an apparent drug overdose. Very sad at such a young age.

32 PK { 10.17.12 at 8:24 pm }

That baby would give me serious nightmares it is utterly repulsive! WHY is Little Sister’s voice somewhat sexualised? Why can’t she talk like a normal girl instead of in a syrupy, seductive lowered voice? Or is it just me who thinks that? It freaks me out!

33 Lisa { 10.17.12 at 9:25 pm }

Tonight was the most boring episode

34 Carole { 10.17.12 at 9:28 pm }

Oh my God, that was the most hideous revolting sight, Michael showing his big fat gut to Big Brother, and us. Yuk!!!!! I really did not need to see that.

35 A.P { 10.17.12 at 9:58 pm }

And working out on the treadmill with his hat on showing his crack, singing about eating too much dessert Yuck!

36 VioletsRBlue { 10.17.12 at 10:02 pm }

Yes it was boring episode. It’s funny like yesterday was all about Estelle and today about Layla and Angie. I bet tomorrow will be all about Ben. They obviously focusing on the possible evictees.

Why did they show Layla’s answers to ‘all’ her Australian questions twice? When Angie was ‘testing’ her and during the actual ‘test’?? Since the questions were ‘so hard’ -not it made the whole thing even more pathetic. BB needs some new creative directors!

Oh and Zoe and ‘her’ Michael! Can she have some pride! Her throwing herself at the object of her affections is not cute! No wonder she dud not have a boyfriend yet, they all will run once she gets her eye on them! Because once Zoe has her eye on someone God can only help them! Can someone please tell her that man do like to chase! … At least a bit! If I liked Michael I would have felt sorry for hi
!
Now let’s talk about Michael and blunt statement to Angie that if Sam is there to win then he has get rid of him and Ben! Wasn’t that telling Angie that she does not matter and is not a contender to win???!!! OMG can he be any more up himself! And Angie is unfortunately a doormat as she did not picked up on this or chose to ignore it. Why or why is Michael not up for nominations????!!!

37 A.P { 10.17.12 at 10:14 pm }

And Michael also said that he “demands more” from conversations with people like Sam and he’s sick of trying to be nice to people and just doesn’t care anymore.
He also said that Estelle is playing the game for the money! Well excuse me Michael, you are doing the same thing, just grow up, and he said he’s even more of a slob outside the house! What a great catch for some lucky girl!

38 Reality Raver { 10.17.12 at 10:24 pm }

Lisa and VioletsRBlue- Agree I was struggling to make it through the episode hoping something would happen.

AP – as you say Michael is quite the catch…. not.

Carole – must be in his contract they have to show his crack each episode.

39 Carole { 10.17.12 at 11:45 pm }

Well if that’s the case, they need to rip that contract up NOW!!!!!!

40 VioletsRBlue { 10.17.12 at 11:48 pm }

AP yes I was also shocked when Michael admitted that he is a slob outside of the house! Hard to imagine but must be true!:-)

Regarding the game they are there either for fame/exposure or money or both. Hard to justify any other reason. Nothing wrong with either, just ‘acusing’ others of ‘being there for the money’ is pathetic. They all want the money, which sane person wouldn’t ??? I have made up my mind and I really want Estelle to win. I have no choice but to break my 5 year voting break and send some ‘saves’ her way!

41 VioletsRBlue { 10.17.12 at 11:56 pm }

RR I am starting to think that you might bs right regarding Michael’s crack! :-)
Michael’s contract clause number 52: ‘minimum of 5 cm of crack showing for a minimum of 8 hours per day to allow comfortable
editing of the crack for each episode. Covering the crack in any way or abstracting clear vision of the crack is not allowed and will be followed by a Sh**t editing for that day’

42 Beau { 10.18.12 at 12:34 am }

Socking show tonight, boring!
Did you notice Zoe laying all over Michael, how embarrassing, he didn’t respond to her in any way, eventually she got up and moved away. Quite hard to watch. Se is really trying far TOO hard.
Gets me how they are having a go at Same and Estelle saying they want to win the money, they all want to win the money, do they think we are stupid.
Poor old Layla I think she really fancies her chances with Sam outside the house but I don’t think he has any intentions whatsoever of carrying on with this relationship once he leaves the house whether he wins or not. He is quite a bit younger than her as well. I think he genuinely likes her, but he is not in it for the long haul and also he knows that the couples also do well inside the house, the audience like to watch them as a rule. I hope tomorrow night is a bit more interesting than tonight.
Thanks Carole for Entertainment Weekly site, have been on it all night!
Hey A.P. is your daughter single? Maybe you could line her up for Michael, I have already asked my daughter and she said ‘No way, thank you very much’. I guess she is not that desperate!

43 Carole { 10.18.12 at 9:36 am }

No worries Beau, glad you found it.

44 BakerBoy { 10.19.12 at 1:51 am }

Hi to you all. I thoroughly enjoy reading the comments on this site. Most of them are very sensible and insightful, something that is missing on many of the other sites that I surf.
I agree with most of you that Estelle & Sam are the two best HM’s on the show. I regularly vote for Estelle, and have now started to throw some votes Sam’s way as well.
There is no point talking about who you want to win unless you back it up with a vote. Forget voting on facebook using a credit card. I would never do that. The easiest way is to vote by SMS 199 55 999. The cost is 0.55c. I cast 5-votes for Estelle every night. It costs me about $2.50. That is chicken feed guys, so come on…get into it!
If you don’t vote for Estelle or Sam and then they get kicked out, then you have no right to be upset that they are gone.
I vote for them because they are the closest representation of the behaviour that I want to see in our society, out of all of the HM’s. That is to say that they don’t bitch or back-stab, and they call a spade a spade. Estelle gets the major share of votes as a protest against the nasty bullying that she was subjected to earlier on, and the toned down nastiness that still persists in the house against her from Ben, Michael, and Stacey.
Do you really want to see Ben the Snake, or Stacey the Snaket, or Michael the Grot win?
Surely not?
Then start voting folks, otherwise that is exactly what may happen!

Cheers,
BakeBoy:-)!

45 PK { 10.19.12 at 5:48 am }

Bake(r?)Boy I find it really disturbing you’re actually visiting sites to TELL people how to vote and whom to like in the BB house. I can’t STAND Estelle (all she does is play the poor old me card to the cameras and can’t actually get along with anyone – great you want a society in which no-one gets along? and is always making annoying judgements about peoples’ eating habits etc which is none of her damn business) and find Sam to be an utter dullard yobbo.

Your telling me how to vote ensures I’ll actually vote at all (for someone else of course). And wow you vote 5 times every night? Maybe you could add that up over the course of a few weeks and see it’s not “chicken feed”. You wouldn’t happen to be related to Estelle by any chance would you?

46 Beau { 10.19.12 at 9:14 am }

Good one Bake Boy. What about the way the two B—-es (Ben and Michael) were talking about Estelle last night. I thought BB did that very well the way he was throwing it back between Ben and Michael and Estelle and Sam. The difference in the conversations. The first two were so full of hatred and venom. That Ben is a Nast piec of work. No wonder he has been sacked from every job he has ever worked in and he is proud of that! If he has gone to jobs and started talking about people the way he does on BB no wonder he has been shown the door. What about the evil way he was looking at Estelle. He really makes my skin crawl.. There is no way he is funny any more, not after we have seen this dark nasty side to him. I hope he goes. If he does, can you imagine Michael starting to suck up to Sam and the others, I think he is already starting to suck up to Sam. He did say last night he thinks Sam could win, so watch out Sam snoozy Michael will be crawling up your backside. Hopefully Sam will see right through it.

47 A.P { 10.19.12 at 1:59 pm }

PK, I obviously am not seeing what you are seeing because I think Estelle is the nicest person in the house. All I’ve ever seen is her cooking and making coffee for the rest of the lazy slobs, doing harmless things to amuse herself, trying to make friends and being nice to everyone even Michael. She has cried sometimes, but who wouldn’t, being stuck in a house where most people are really mean to you.
All I see from “the mean girls” are constant bitching, complaining, snide remarks about Estelle, Sam, Angie and Layla and the others don’t do that so I’m going on what I see.

48 Beau { 10.19.12 at 8:26 pm }

A.P. I am with you 100%.
The way the so and so Ben talked about Estelle last night was disgusting. Who does he think he is? He is no good. I cannot stand him! I hope Estelle stays in the house longer than him.