Network Seven 2013 Schedule – The Mole Is Back But The Amazing Race

Network Seven announced their line up for the 2013 and it was interesting to see which reality shows are in and which are out.

First there are three new reality shows announced:

HOUSE RULES which is a reality renovation show.

The blurb:

Would you hand over the keys to your house to a bunch of strangers to completely transform your home? It’s state versus state, room versus room in an exciting new renovation series from the makers of My Kitchen Rules. In HOUSE RULES, contestants will put their homes on the line and their skills to the test in a fight for renovation supremacy and a life-changing prize.

CELEBRITY SPLASH which was leaked last week it is a celebrity diving competition sounded trashy but a clip from YouTube looked amusing.

The blurb:

The series will see celebrities perform complicated dives from varying heights with the assistance of professional diving instructors who help each participant with weeks of training. Dives can be from as high as 10-metre boards with increasing levels of complexity, including backflips, somersaults and other gymnastic feats.

THE MOLE – CULTURE CLASH is back. Fans of the show will be excited and it looks like it will have social diversity to make it interesting. Will Grant Bowler be host?

The blurb:

It’s the show where you can’t trust anyone and in 2013 it returns to Seven bigger and better than ever before. In THE MOLE – CULTURE CLASH, the contestants will come from different worlds. With varying socio-economic backgrounds, religions, cultures and beliefs, it’s a sure-fire recipe for conflict and tension as they try to uncover the mole’s identity. Each week, physical and mental tests will divide the competitors as one person among them will knowingly sabotage their quest. That person is the mole.

Returning is My Kitchen Rules with as they described him as “controversial judge” Colin Fassnidge, so clearly he has a  certain role to play on the show. It will be interesting to see if there is tension between Manu Feildel and Colin.

The talent shows returning are The X Factor, Dancing With The Stars, and Australia’s Got Talent. It will be very surprising if there are not personnel changes on Australia’s Got Talent.

What is not on the list In shocking news The Amazing Race Australia is not in the release, which could mean it is dumped. However previously this year they had said it has been renewed and a casting call made.  This is one of the best reality shows on TV but the ratings were not what they should have been and they must have decided not to stick with it. Will get back to you when I find out.

Also Please Marry My Boy won’t be getting a second season, and Dinner Date which was on last year’s list but had already fallen off the schedule.

For those into factual TV  BORDER SECURITY, THE FORCE, SURVEILLANCE OZ and HIGHWAY PATROL will also be back.

1 Stacey { 10.17.12 at 9:29 am }

I LOOVED the mole back in the day! Also am really missing MKR I need my cooking shows!

2 Mia { 10.17.12 at 10:12 am }

Over the moon about the return of The Mole! I too hope Grant Bowler will return as host (and not Tom Williams again. Urgh! He was AWFUL!).
I’ll definitely watch House Rules. Sounds good. Looking forward to new MKR, and sincerely hopt TARA gets another series.

3 Culinary Boner { 10.17.12 at 10:24 am }

Personally I’d find The Moll more exciting

4 AJ { 10.17.12 at 10:41 am }

I might watch House Rules. I don’t quite understand what the “prize” is though – a completely renovated house that could have been renovated by someone with completely different taste and with atrocious renovation skills?

I’ll watch Celebrity Splash if it features Matthew Mitcham (preferably in Speedos). Otherwise, I don’t understand the appeal of the show at all.

And I might watch The Mole, although hasn’t every season been a “culture clash”? Or are they deliberately casting for conflict, for example, a token gay and a fundamental religious type, a refugee and a redneck/bogan, a feminist and a mysogynist? If so, that seems like pretty lazy casting. I don’t recall the show ever having problem causing tension and drama between the participants.

And they MUST bring back The Amazing Race Australia. It is great – even better than the US version.

5 Q { 10.17.12 at 10:41 am }

also looking forward to the mole- I can never pick the mole, and hoping that TAR will be back

6 Mahlia { 10.17.12 at 12:21 pm }

LOVED The Mole. LOVED Grant hosting it.
But it has to be very well produced to keep the audience guessing.

7 Morgan { 10.17.12 at 1:27 pm }

I can’t wait for The Mole to return! It was my favourite show way back in the day. Hopefully it will be as good as it was vack then.

8 kara { 10.17.12 at 1:59 pm }

OH MY GOSH LIZ CANTOR the winner of the last season of The Mole has to host this new season. She’s such a good presenter on seven queensland now!!!! She would be perfect to bring back to the show don’t you reckon???

9 kara { 10.17.12 at 2:01 pm }

Last season’s winner – https://www.facebook.com/LizCantorOfficial

10 A.P { 10.17.12 at 5:56 pm }

Would love to see The Mole again with Grant Bowler but not if Tom Williams is hosting. He really irritates me and I don’t watch anything with him in it, sorry.
I didn’t think Dancing with The Stars would be back this year, I thought it had had its day, so I probably won’t watch that.
MKR, definitely a must see, especially when Manu, Pete and a film crew were seen in my home town recently. Hoping for a local couple from here to win whoever they are.
Not really interested in reno shows but I will be curious about Celebrity Splash depending on who the celebrities will be.

11 par3182 { 10.17.12 at 6:44 pm }

The title of this post is so cliffhangery. But The Amazing Race WHAT???

12 Sioux Denim { 10.18.12 at 12:47 am }

Spewin bout TAR – only just discovered this show with the Ausssie version – love it, really would love to see it back.

The Mole was age’s ago wasnt it? I think i remember the first season…. Grant Bowler is such a great all rounder heh – I just watched GCB and he was fabo in it as well.

13 The Amazing Race Australia Looks Like It Is In Hiatus | reality ravings { 10.18.12 at 10:58 am }

[...] Tuesday SEVEN announced their line up for 2013 and The Amazing Race Australia was not on the list. They did announce three new reality shows [...]

14 Roy { 10.21.12 at 9:31 pm }

I have been hoping for years that we’d see ‘The Mole’ again, and given the number of reality shows that have been brought back from the dead in Australia, I thought there might be a chance.

‘Culture clash’ sounds like a gimmick. If the show had been running for ten years straight, and they needed to keep people’s interest, it would be justified; but surely the return of the show is enough of a pull on its own. Maybe it will be like ‘Big Brother: Secrets’ and will have the tagline dropped closer to the air date, with a reduced version of the twist as to what was expected. With that said if it is as simple as casting contestants from all walks of life, then that is just good casting.

I truly hope we haven’t seen the last of TAR Aus. Sure, it got less than desirable ratings, but this is largely due to getting continuously shafted by the time slot. It aired new episodes on four different nights of the week across Australia at different points in the series. Give it a good time slot and stick with it, to at least give it a chance; it’s worthy of it!

Don’t be afraid of taking on ‘The Voice’. It may have been exciting the first time around, but it cannot pull those same figures again. It is exactly the same as too many other TV shows, and when they see it come on again, the novelty of spinning chairs will no longer be enough for viewers to be oblivious to this fact.

15 Rob { 02.17.13 at 12:15 pm }

How can they ditch The Amazing Race Australia when it won the ACCTA award for best Australian reality show…..

16 Daisy { 02.17.13 at 12:33 pm }

Idiots!!!!

17 Littlepetal { 02.17.13 at 12:52 pm }

Maybe it is too expensive to film

18 Daisy { 02.17.13 at 2:26 pm }

I think you probably hit the nail on the head Little Petal. It can’t be cheap paying for all of those trips away. The Mole would be alot cheaper to produce.

19 Rana { 03.14.13 at 12:03 am }

I’m really keen to see The Mole return – a most under-rated series! Does anyone know if you can buy the DVD?

20 Annie Nugara { 04.14.13 at 7:12 pm }

Cant wait for the Mole to come back the best reality show that keeps you guessing,when is it starting come on channel 7

21 Marisa { 05.19.13 at 2:39 pm }

Please bring back TAR…
Watching re runs of the American ones to satisfy my junkie cravings!!!!
THE AMAZING RACE!!!!

22 Marisa { 05.19.13 at 2:41 pm }

Please bring back TAR…
Watching re runs of the American ones to satisfy my junkie cravings!!!!
THE AMAZING RACE!!!!
Maybe another channel would have better luck with the ratings. Channel 9, can you hear me?!?!

23 jean golden { 05.27.13 at 12:53 am }

THE MOLE WAS A GREAT TV SHOW,AND GLAD TO HEAR IT WILL RETURN JUST AS SHARK TANK RETURNED. TWO OF MY FAVORITES.

24 JAN { 08.18.13 at 11:18 am }

They put the MOLE back on which is a hole lot of krap, yet leave The Amazing Race out. Bring the AMAZING RACE BACK .