Big Brother – Who Is Getting The Elimination Edit?

Poor Angie she thinks she is in one group in the house when she is actually in the other. The Big Brother house is now split into two groups Benjamin, Zoe, Michael and Stacey, and the other is Sam, Estelle, and Layla.

Angie sees herself in the Benjamin group but they see her in the Estelle group.

It was hard to know whether Big Brother was giving Estelle the elimination or save edit. First there were all the people bitching about Estelle. Benjamin said he could not stand her or listening to her, Michael said she was the fakest person he knew, and she did not have one consistent personality. Angie also thought she was playing the game and acting up to cameras.

Also Estelle was seen taking the last of the honey for the coffee after telling Angie there was none. To be fair Estelle is the one who does bring everyone coffee in the morning.

Conversely Sam told her there were people bitching about her and she also revealed one of her relatives was a heroin addict. Will that revelation bring her the $250,000? Also it does seem to confirm her story of a disadvantaged childhood.

Angie was not getting a great edit either with her bad mood over her sugar withdrawal and then being seen to pinch a cake at the baby’s birthday party. However I do like how she has Ben’s measure. After winning the Captain’s Quarters challenge she said “I know Ben really wanted Stacey to go in, so I will take Stacey”.

Benjamin was desperate to win a turn in the Captain’s Quarters  but psyched himself out on the peg challenge. Interesting editing Stacey was seen earlier with her tally, but she in fact ended up going last after Ben.

He did seem depressed about it all and being in the house, even stating to his cronies that the most irritating housemate was going to win the prize. He was also nasty to Estelle when her fairy wand was broken telling her he was glad. Maybe he was a little bit lost with partner in crime Stacey sequestered away in luxury.

Angie was in mega bitching mode in the captains quarters, and Stacey was just being monosyllabic. She said Estelle and Michael were acting up around the cameras. Also apparently Layla has famous friends or friends who go out with famous people. My bet is she knows The Only Way Is Essex cast. Also they thought her career path after the house would be to turn into a WAG.

Layla also received a message from home and her sister is just as stunning as she is.

Stacey was having a good day as at the baby party they played pass the parcel and the parcel kept on stopping on her. Michael was starting to look pissed off, not sure if he really wanted a prize but maybe it was getting a tad boring to watch.

Sam who is getting the “i can do everything, except make conversation” edit received some photos from home after hiding Zoe’s stuffed toy Pumbe. As Michael said “who has mates that handsome?” His mates were hot as were his mum and sister.

Zoe once realising her toy was missing went into see Big Brother looking very upset saying could not sleep without him. Seriously how old his she? Is this the new kidult I keep on reading about in the media?

On BB Confidential  there was corporate team building day which was to strengthen the bonds in the house after Josh left. It looked like it did for about a minute as the love appears to have disappeared again.

However there were some revelations that were quite interesting:

• Estelle said a relative (it was bleeped out) was a heroin addict;
  • Sam shaved under his arms, plus his mother had had breast cancer;
  • Angie was on anti-depressants for three and half years;
  • Michael has never voted;
  • Benjamin wears make up daily;
  • Stacey is not always happy; and
  • Zoe suffers from self-confidence issues.

In fact that little session revealed more about the housemates than the half an hour of Little Sister the night before.

Big Brother on NINE weeknights at 7pm and Sunday at 6.30pm.

1 Stacey { 10.19.12 at 8:33 am }

Last nights episode was a good one, albeit a bit sad. I had no idea Angie had depression! I now know why we are so similar, and perhaps like a drink more than others.
Estelle’s tumblr is very interesting reading, there is a lot of creative writing about travelling, weight issue and drug addiction. I’m still finding it hard to like her somehow, though. After reading some of it I was just left with a confused, slightly ominous feeling… I don’t know. Ill try and find the link and post it here.
Layla seeing her family was my favourite part of the episode. What an absoultely beautiful family!

2 Lisa { 10.19.12 at 8:51 am }

It was a good ep last night – which they owed us after Wednesday night’s rubbish!

I think the bad edit is going to Ben and Michael for constantly & divisively bitching about the other group lot a pack of mean girls.
Either that or they really never talk about anything else.
The level to which these 2 are playing to winks unprecedented.

Estelle thinks you can lie and hide about honey in the Big Brother house? Perhaps she is the one truly being herself because she’s clearly forgotten about the cameras and the voting audience!

3 Stacey { 10.19.12 at 8:51 am }
4 Mahlia { 10.19.12 at 9:14 am }

Michael and Ben have their minds on the game all the time.
They are always thinking about what the public are thinking and how themselves and others behaviour is interpreted.

It’s quite different from the way reality TV – particularly Big Brother – is usually played where the contestants say they forget about the cameras!!!

5 kaz { 10.19.12 at 9:18 am }

I had an interesting conversation with a client yesterday (I’m a hairdresser) who is a good mate of Layla’s brother. According to him she has applied to many, many reality shows including the UK BB several times. He seemed to think that Layla had a game plan going in, to get into a relationship ASAP. He also said that she is no where near as dumb as shes making out, and that she is ‘playing the game’ really well. In his opinion she is going to the diary room so much because she thought that those conversations would be more likely to be shown on tv.
Did anyone else see on the BB site a few days ago that Michael & Estelle were talking about what endorsements they wanted to get when they get out of the house? It didn’t surprise me that Michael was thinking that way, but I didn’t expect Estelle to be talking about that.
Angie and Estelle also had a really good conversation the day after their arguement (when Layla ran to BB). They seemed to resolve it in a very adult way, agreeing that they were both at fault. Maybe that’s why it wasn’t shown, heaven forbid housemates might be able to have a mature resolution to a disagreement.
I’m still liking Angie & Sam more, but I don’t think Angie should have cut out sugar so late in the game, it makes you cranky!

6 A.P { 10.19.12 at 9:23 am }

Its time for Zoe to go and take her Pumba with her, she’s acting like a big baby.
Michael the intellect never votes, well what a good citizen he is! Honestly does he do anything?
The spiteful looks passing between Ben and Michael last night about Estelle was just disgusting, that girl can’t do anything right according to them. If either of those two win I will be so disappointed that BB allows bullies to win.
So what if Estelle was amusing herself with a magic wand, it was harmless and Ben was so nasty when he was glad it broke. At least she doesn’t sit around behind their backs being mean.
Angie is a bit confused if she doesn’t know by now that she is not part of the cool group. Instead of bagging Estelle she should have the brains to realize that the two of them need to stick together and nominate Ben and Michael to get rid of them.
I thought Estelle was putting the honey in Angie’s coffee? Honestly if she’s nice enough to get up first and make them all coffee why should they complain? Get that lazy lump Michael up to make it for once, or hang on, on second thoughts, he wouldn’t be very hygenic, you might get a hair in your coffee!

7 Stacey { 10.19.12 at 9:30 am }

I missed that Kaz what were the endorsements they wanted?

8 Michelle { 10.19.12 at 9:38 am }

@kaz I said all along that Layla was probably the best strategist in the house. I never bought into the she was dumb act.
Ben & Michael believe that by the amount of bitching they do will influence the voting public. All it does do is show how passive aggressive both really are.
I do think that Sam has a much softer, caring side that we are now seeing and I like it.
I just can`t sit & watch a full show anymore, I tend to go look for other things to do.
Delilah is still my one & only favourite HM.

9 dms { 10.19.12 at 10:52 am }

I agree totally Michelle. I cannot sit and watch a full show anymore. We record the show. Fast forward the boring bits and the ads. Delilah makes me smile !!!

10 brain dead dave { 10.19.12 at 11:29 am }

Layla’s strategised her journey all the way into the loser group and hooks up with Sam, who’s emotionally there for a plastic baby but really isn’t that into the real thing. I mean Sam is an unabashed gym junkie and Layla’s only workout is waddling off to the Diary Room for a grizzle to Big Brootha.

I don’t think the overall majority of previous BB winners have been in relationships formed in the house, so why would you bother with that as a major strategy? Keep it simple and just try not to talk and eat at the same time…it doesn’t look good on TV.

Even with the mute on and subtitles enabled, this show is really starting to sink to appalling depths. It started out badly and has just got steadily worse.

It’s heartening to read that Estelle looks safe this week according to the betting agencies.

11 Bilsey { 10.19.12 at 1:16 pm }

@Stacey – thanks for the link to Estelle’s tumblr or whatever it is… Gave a little more insight. Though scrolling through her photos and post’s I noticed a suspect picture… In a heart shaped red box was an assortment of smoking impliments… Usually for smoking illegal substances.. This picture had no caption and it looked like a gift.. Just curious as to why someone who is against drugs and addiction would post such an image… Maybe I’m reading too much into it..

In regards to last nights ep – am with everyone on the insane amount of bitching, whinging and backstabbing but it makes me wonder if there is enough material for producers to show anything else… Surely there must be other stuff going on / being talked about??

If Channel 9 do another series next year (doubtful considering their financial position and amount of ‘stars’ resigning from the network) there needs to be some massive changes.

1.) stop this family friendly bullsh!t. I mean why the HM’s are being punished for swearing is beyond me.. Anyone young enough for this to effect are either too young to know what it means or have heard it all before at home, school etc.
2.) give us an uplate edition or allow live streaming on the website.. This would allow us the viewer to see another side to the HM’s other than bitching…
3.) bring back Friday Night Games! Much more entertaining than these stupid Captain’s Quarter challenges.
4.) do what you promised Channel 9 and cast real people from a range of ages, races, and walks of life.. Maybe then conversations can be had without every third word being ‘like’.
5.) make the Eviction stage bigger and give them a frikkin couch to sit on rather than some swivel stool!

I could go on forever but I’m sure we’ve all thought it or said it before…

For millions they’ve spent, the end result is a daily b!tchfest that I can see on Days of Our Lives!

12 Nathan { 10.19.12 at 2:03 pm }

zoe is a kidult!! lol
layla has a game plan – the dumb act has really worked for her.
cant understand how benjamin/stacey/michael keep up the nastiness…..arent they worried about negative votes from estelle/sam/angie’s fans???
had a look at estelles tumbler…and its everything i would expect from a girl who raps….pretty bad – but she’s the only person in the house besides angie that has been constantly shit on and is still smiling.

13 SomeoneSensible { 10.19.12 at 2:03 pm }

After Wednesday disastorous episode, I think I’m finally over this show. The only thing i might do for a while, is check this blog & then head to see the bits referenced in this blog on the official BB website…

14 SomeoneSensible { 10.19.12 at 2:09 pm }

I think the only 2 fairly decent people in the house are Estelle & Layla…I always felt both of them are not as dumb as they are playing out to be- thats ok by me…thats a much better way to play the game than bitching & moaning all the time, but honestly I cannot continue watching a show where I dont care about 75% of the contenstants…

15 Mahlia { 10.19.12 at 2:50 pm }

@Nathan Ha, good point!
How come Michael and Ben question what Estelle is doing and how it looks to the public’s but have no regard for what playing ‘mean girls’ might look to the public??!!

16 Reality Raver { 10.19.12 at 3:17 pm }

Mahlia and Nathan – Benjamin and Michael think if they keep their conversation’s banal enough it won’t be shown. It must be weird not knowing what is being shown or thinking they know what is being shown.

Kaz – Thanks I tend to agree Layla does go to the Diary room alot to give her side of what is going on. All of them are playing the game.
Missed the endorsement chat but not surprised – Michael must be going for a KFC one.

17 Bolders { 10.19.12 at 3:46 pm }

I think they need to shoot this lame horse and put it out of its misery before the inmates really turn on each other in a Lord of the Flies mode.

I just dont see how they can extend it (in a non crap way of course) to the first week of November. That’s around 10 more shows.

How much crack can we take?

18 VioletsRBlue { 10.19.12 at 4:04 pm }

Nathan, Michael and Ben are not worried about how their bitching is viewed by the general public as they are so full of themselves that they truly believe that everyone must see how ‘good people’ they are, so it’s not bitching it’s just ‘making observations’! They are so convinced of their superiority that it would never occur to them that people can do anything else but to worship them! Remember they are locked in an artificial environment and after some time the BB house is their little universe, and in their universe all housemates think that the two of them are super special and leaders. They both have developed dictatorship complex and they are completely uncapable of seeing any flows in themselfs. Also their superiority complex is making it easier for them to see plenty of flows in others and those flows ‘seem’ soooo much bigger!

19 Mahlia { 10.19.12 at 5:32 pm }

Benjamin said the people who attract attention end up winning but that doesn’t ring true to me. In the past Big Brother winners have been accused of being the most boring of the group because they don’t evoke enough emotion to vote against until it comes time to vote for a winner.

20 A.P { 10.19.12 at 6:00 pm }

Ben said that he thinks Estelle is being saved all the time because the viewers find her irritating and want to keep in all the annoying people and get rid of the dull ones.
If only he knew that couldn’t be further from the truth because all we see is a nice person and she’s still being saved so that should tell him something.
He needs to take a good look at his own behaviour and change before its too late.

21 Someone Sensible { 10.19.12 at 6:12 pm }

@Mahlia: i think it was you who had mentioned Jade Goody on Bigg Boss…are you following it this season? It has just started & seems infinitely more interesting than this … i guess that’s y all able to quit, as long as i can get my BB fix from somewhere…

22 Lisa { 10.19.12 at 7:14 pm }

I think Sam is the one most being ‘himself’.
He’s open about playing to win and I think he’s as honest as you can be with others.

23 Nathan { 10.19.12 at 8:08 pm }

i think benjamin/stacey/michael get a lot of their feedback from the audience noise they can hear from talking to sonya…also from all the little rewards they get . layla and michael have really scooped more than their share….watching michael sweating as he was stuffing himself full of chicken was bad television.
anyway thats why they strut around…but i think the audience noise and the facebook comments dont really reflect the publics feelings.

24 Stacey { 10.20.12 at 7:50 am }

Bilsey – She was in Amsterdam maybe last year with a friend. They were smoking pot and she was saying how she was getting teased for how she rolled joints. I found that odd too, so much insight about drug addiction but still doing drugs…

25 Rapunzel { 10.21.12 at 8:11 am }

We all do things when we r young that is how we learn not to keep doing it. Anyone who hasnt made mistakes in life is probably a coward. Or perhaps a liar. When i saw Estelles stuff i was thrown but tgen had a good think about it and remembered the things i have rried in life and learnt from. Estelle is an honest girl who has a go. But Stacey i do understand your empathy with Angie better now and hope you r in a happy place now. Its funny how these shows let us look at ourselves. Its quiet hard to write on my phone so my msgs may seem lacking in substance but its just very hard to reedit if i make a mistake so im just tryin to keep it simple . Xx