TEN Launches Their 2013 Schedule And The Reality Is….

it looks like an exciting year for reality TV on TEN in 2013 with Masterchef Australia again headlining the reality genre for the Channel.

The fantastic news is Marco Pierre White will be hosting Masterchef:The Professionals with Matt Preston alongside him. So definitely a thinking woman’s crumpet cast!

George, Gary and Matthew are back for Masterchef to start filming in Melbourne next month. I would like to see an Asian judge there as well. Not just for knowledge of cuisines but also for different faces on screen. Channel Seven have found a ratings winner with Anh Do proving an Asian face can draw in the viewers and it would reflect the modern Australia.

The change in Melbourne will give Masterchef a whole new look and fresh feel which will be good.

The Biggest Loser – The Next Generation will see parents with their children competing to lose weight. this will be interesting in the context of the current debate on childhood obesity. Tiffany Hall won’t be back she is working on other personal projects. However, Hayley Lewis will be host and Michelle Bridges, Shannon Ponton and Commando are back. They are also going to use social media to take it to take the battle of obesity to the next level.

Recipe To Riches is a new food reality show where contestants turn their recipes into products on supermarket shelves. They have aligned with Woolworth’s. This will mean the episode winner product will be on the shelves the next day. Viewers vote via the supermarket by buying the products off the shelves.

TEN is bringing back American Idol fast tracking it from the US. Clearly new Idol Judge is the draw card. Also it is great show for the non ratings period during Summer. Previously Foxtel have fast tracked the show.

Finally good news for Barry Dubois fans The Living Room will be back next year.other shows returning are Can Of Worms, Bondi Vet and Bondi Rescue.

1 Sue N { 10.23.12 at 10:56 am }

Happy to hear The Living Room is coming back :)… & I must say that even tho’ CH10 is bombing in the ratings, I have found that there is something on their channel every day that I record and watch, ditto CH7. (& foxtel for the rest, lol)

I watch only 1 show on CH9 all week tho… (& only because I like it too much to miss it, even I cannot stand CH9 ;-)) It does make me wonder sometiems , how accurate the sample group for ratings is!!!!!

2 bron { 10.23.12 at 11:20 am }

thank the lord above that tiffiny isn’t coming back. it’s truly a blessing that we won’t have to witness her ninja crap ever again, praise.

3 Culinary Boner { 10.23.12 at 12:05 pm }

So they’re still committed to Recipe to Riches?
I’m a bit surprised. The concept reeks of one-season wonder. Hang on. Did I say, wonder?
The combo of Pierre White and Preston should bring some gravitas to MC Professionals.
Are Shine producing it, Raver? Hopefully they’ll lift their game on the production side. And hopefully it’s only aired twice (max three times) a week. A bit more variety in programming during the week would be appreciated for those of us who aren’t TV addicts and also want to spend time later in the night reading, listening to music or playing computer games.

4 brain dead dave { 10.23.12 at 12:07 pm }

Jowl$y~ crumpet~ but with a muffin top.

5 A.P { 10.23.12 at 12:25 pm }

Tiffiny won’t be missed, I don’t think she was all that nesessary really.’I kind of pefer individual people rather than families and I hop they tone down the sob stories this time.
Don’t like the reno shows so won’t be watching The Living Room.
Recipes to Riches sounds promising and will be worth a look though.

6 brain dead dave { 10.23.12 at 12:35 pm }

I don’t usually watch the reno shows either, but managed to fluke an episode of the Kiwi version of The Block in the wee hours . One of the guys has organised a huge ,sick looking palm tree to be plonked in the front yard, blocking out a shitload of light from getting into the other competitors’ yards.To quote Warren Zevon “send lawyers,guns and money -the shit’s about to hit the fan”.Hilarious.

7 Savannah { 10.23.12 at 1:10 pm }

Really upset with the comments about how Tiffiny “won’t be missed” but each to their own. Will be exciting to see how the Biggest Loser changes it up this year or whether or not they will just replace Tiffiny with a new white team trainer…. it just won’t be the same to me. :( Tiffiny WILL be missed!!

8 Tiffinyhallnet { 10.23.12 at 3:41 pm }

Some of these comments are coming across as rude. We accept that some people will be happy with Tiff not returning. Not everyone on television is well liked. But theres no need for some of the things being said. Online hate isn’t necessary.

9 Culinary Boner { 10.23.12 at 4:03 pm }

Fat people will only look fatter in white.
So I’m assuming that production will make sure the white team will be back, even if Tiffiny aint.
Personally, I’d prefer Tiffiny over Shannon Bogan.
But hell, that isn’t saying much.
*Sits back and waits for Shannonponton.net to come on board and accuse me of being a vile troll brimming over with hateful hating hatingness*

10 Eliza { 10.23.12 at 4:07 pm }

I agree, Sue N, I too have enjoyed Ch10’s offerings this year.

A.P, The Living Room is more of a lifestyle show rather than a renovating show. They do a mix of some reno, pets, food, travel, etc. You can tell that I watch too much TV…

11 Culinary Boner { 10.23.12 at 4:38 pm }

Whilst on the subject of ninjas – http://www.dailyhaha.com/_pics/mormon_vs_ninja.jpg

12 Morgan { 10.23.12 at 7:10 pm }

I can deal with Matt Preston hosting along side Marco, I find him the least offensive of the three stooges. Just no more George and Gary, please.

13 Ari { 10.23.12 at 9:55 pm }

So glad Marco is hosting. I’m very excited for it.

I watched The Living Room earlier this year for a few weeks and it was surprisingly enjoyable. It’s good because it isn’t over advertised and it’s very low-key. I haven’t been watching much TV though because of uni work…unless you can count my recent online TV escapades where I’ve been juggling 5 TV shows as a form of unhealthy procrastination…

14 Reality Raver { 10.23.12 at 10:44 pm }

Ari ‘fess up what are the five tv shows…

15 Culinary Boner { 10.24.12 at 1:41 pm }

Where are Shannon’s fans?
*crickets*

16 The Biggest Loser – Trainer Tiffiny Hall Out Of 2013 | reality ravings { 10.25.12 at 10:11 pm }

[…] Reality Raver At TEN 2013 launch on Tuesday one of the highlighted shows was The Biggest Loser – The Next […]

17 Adi { 11.30.12 at 12:18 pm }

Won’t be watching “Masterchef Allstars”. Am I the only one who finds Marco Pierre White incredibly irritating? I can understand his ‘drill sergeant’ style works when training chefs but it doesn’t mean I want to listen to him repeating himself 10 times!

18 Jagmohan Khosla { 09.03.13 at 5:53 am }

I just enjoy keeping up with your stories. It completely adds something to my morning.