The X Factor Australia – Fourtunate Eliminated

It was a surprise bottom two with Fourtunate and Bella having to sing for their lives. Fourtunate were in the unlucky first performance position on Monday night which may have been a factor and I thought Bella had given one of her stronger performances and was very unlucky to be there.

In the end three of the judges voted for Fourtunate to go as they are hoping for a star moment from the talented teen girl who does have an amazing voice.

Yet again Jason was safe, proving if you are nice and have an engaging back story like coming from a town of fourteen you will attract a voting bloc. His rendition of the Taylor Swift song was not great. I suspect if he does not have a great performance next week the knives will be out from the judges next week.

Shiane also is someone who is popular with the voters so expect to see her for a few weeks yet. Will Jason, Shiane and The Collective be the last three standing?

Do you think the right act was eliminated?

The X Factor Australia screens on SEVEN, Monday and Tuesday nights at 7.30pm.

1 Q { 10.24.12 at 11:07 am }

groups never do extremely well in xfactor esp if there’s >1 in the pointy end of the comp (except from Random(?) from s1 on ch10), so not surprised that fourtunate were eliminated

2 joan { 10.24.12 at 11:12 am }

How awful a final 3 that will be? I still can not understand a thing Shiane sings and Jason is the ultimate sing at a pub singer, scary.

3 brain dead dave { 10.24.12 at 11:13 am }

Right act culled for sure. Fourtunate belong in a garbage bin.

4 Chunks { 10.24.12 at 12:05 pm }

Can’t believe that happened. Shiane should be gone by now really.

5 Mia { 10.24.12 at 12:26 pm }

Cannot for the life of me understand how James and Shiane are still there. I guess the voting tweenies think James is hot and Shiane is unthreatening (???), ‘cos it sure ain’t their singing/performance ability keeping them there.

6 joan { 10.24.12 at 12:29 pm }

Shiane has a massive fan base, mainly older ladies oh and Stan Walker.

7 KJ { 10.24.12 at 12:47 pm }

The right decision was made last night, I knew that Fourtunate were toast as soon as they were in the bottom two. There’s a lot of Bella hate on the Facebook page, and that’s who votes so I won’t be surprised if she turns up in the bottom two again, which is a shame because she is an amazing and unique talent. Sadly I think the Collective have it in the bag, and the last thing this world needs is a One Direction knock off.

8 A.P { 10.24.12 at 2:57 pm }

The Collective were always going to win so thats why they let Fortunate go I reckon. Also they want to keep a few girls around.
I agree, I can’t understand Shiane at at all, her voice sounds so nasally but I think the judges are scared to be unkind to her.

9 Anonymous { 10.24.12 at 5:30 pm }

Its the “X” factor…so the voice just wont do!

10 Georgie { 10.24.12 at 6:35 pm }

I don’t think Bella has any presence as a performer, she just stands there riveted to the spot like a frightened little girl – which I guess she is.

11 brain dead dave { 10.24.12 at 6:40 pm }

” Four- out- of- tune- ate ” is where these nauseating jive turkeys are at.

12 Ruby { 10.24.12 at 9:22 pm }

Collective to win. Manufactured that way. Pat yourself on the back Simon Cowell. There will be knock offs of One Direction in every country that this show airs. Boy band hell !!! But the cash register goes ka-ching for gazillionaire Cowell.