Big Brother – They Need To Spend More Time Having Conversations Not Just Strategising
Has there been any other season where the housemates have so openly strategised about other housemates and about how they are perceived by the viewers?
You have to wonder if they think they are able to manipulate the viewer. However the reality TV viewer is more savvier these days in my opinion. In a sense should the person who has played the game best or the nicest person win?
Also interesting how you can have a perfect run for two and half months but if you stuff up, lose it, or get a bad edit in the last two weeks you are not going to win.
A few points on last night’s episode:
- I am not buying Sam saying he did not watch the show prior to entering. For someone who has been openly strategic and prepared to be ruthless to take the prize I think he would have done anything to gain an advantage. Also who would have that type of willpower?
- Michael is desperate to mack on with Estelle, he muse to Ben “what about if I start a relationship with Estelle?”, then he tried to joke it off. However I think Ben was right saying “one small part of your brain thought about it.”
- Interestingly when Sam and Michael were in the zen temple room, Sam looked like he may have been ready to bitch about Estelle as it looked like earlier she was irritating him. Michael at this point spoke about her in saint like terms. He also said how carefree and wonderful Layla was. Can we presume that he knew his time in the special room would be shown on air. Michael’s attempt to try and manipulate is manipulating him out of a fan base.
- Ben was desperate to get into the captain’s quarters and even with help from Big Brother by avoiding the first round could not get the tofu down. He said he hates eating challenges. Don’t take him on The Amazing Race then.
- Stacey was still down on Ben about being down about being nominated, and about him whinging about not winning things;
- Surly played bingo with Estelle and Zoe, I must say it was a bit rough on Zoe that he obviously thought Estelle was far more attractive. Can’t a made character go for substance over looks? Though it was funny that Surly was asking Zoe if she would like to cuddle up to Michael and she said she did. Estelle was squirming.
- What is the deal with Sam and Layla’s relationship? One day it is all strong emotions, next day it is a see how we go vibe. Also the girls played with Layla’s mind, about the fact that Sam may have come in and started a relationship with her out of strategy.
- Michael realising that the ostracising of Estelle may have led to her popularity told Ben they should not do the same thing to Layla at that would put the wind in her sails.
- I hope Ben was being ironic when he said “Layla does not talk to me which gives me reason she is not being very nice, and if she is not being very nice and I am being a good person then I am the victim. Is the 32 year old gay man the victim.” Wasn’t he ignoring her nomination night? This is all very hilarious.
- Have to admit the montage of Estelle in BB Confidential showed that she would be irritating. to live with, however not sure why the bitching about her show jumping as Josh used to pretend to surf.
However I do agree with one thing Michael said when talking about his housemates “they were all friends with an asteriks beside them.” at that moment I did believe what he was being honest.
I think Estelle will go this Sunday just thinking the edit is starting to turn on her. Stacey looks like she will be safe
Big Brother on weeknights at 7.00pm and Sunday at 6.30pm.