The X Factor – Bella Ferraro Gets More Publicity

Is Bella Ferraro getting more publicity than the other The X Factor contestants? Last week there was the controversy of Jessica Mauboy saying The X Factor was rigged. As I wrote at the time the show is  and it isn’t, but there are ways of influencing the vote.

One way is the amount of publicity a contestant gets compared to the others.

Bella Ferraro appears to have received more than most on this season of The X Factor, not that it kept her out of the bottom two last week, and today she is again in the Sunday Telegraph.

This time she is promising to deliver another “wow moment” on the show. Now she is definitely one of the most talented and marketable contestants in the competition and I can see why they are pushing for her to be there towards the end.

She will be one of the people who will continue to have a music career after the show is over.

However it would interesting to know whether the other contestants think she is getting more attention than them?

The X Factor on SEVEN Monday and Tuesday nights at 7.30pm.

1 brain dead dave { 10.28.12 at 2:22 pm }

Bella gave me a “Wow!” moment last week.

As in Wow! WTF am I watching this **** for ?

2 Stacey { 10.28.12 at 2:40 pm }

It’s kind of a double edged sword I think. The more publicity she gets the more she is at the front of people’s minds but for me the over-exposure makes me like her slightly less, and it’s absolutely no fault of Bella’s. Shes probably the most marketable out of the bunch, but so were Fortunate. If it was up to me Nathaniel would be the winner with Samantha second. I think Bella peaked a bit early and she does need another WOW moment. Her audition was very WOW.

3 Georgie { 10.28.12 at 2:50 pm }

Ltic bdd.

Agree Stacey, Nathaniel for the win. Bella always looks like a stunned mullet to me. Maybe she’s got a good voice, I wouldn’t know, but she has no animation, no presence and no connection with what she’s singing.

4 Eliza { 10.28.12 at 2:53 pm }

Agree 100%, Stacey. It definitely has the potential to affect her negatively as I too admit to liking Bella slightly less from even before the live shows started because of all the air time she got in the promos. Sometimes too much exposure can be a bad thing as Australia does love itself an underdog! I like your picks for first and second too!

5 Stacey { 10.28.12 at 3:34 pm }

Thanks guys! You’re so right about Australia loving the underdog, which could really be Bella’s undoing.
It doesn’t help that Nat is her mentor, she really picks the most terrible songs for Bella to sing. She needs to be singing some Florence and the Machine or some Lana Del Rey instead of say, One Direction!

6 Eliza { 10.28.12 at 6:04 pm }

Ha! That one direction song really didn’t work at all! She sung florence last week but she needs to do this style every week to play to her strengths.. I think that’s ok seeing as she has a very distinctive style of voice. I often feel sorry for Nat when they all ‘gang up’ on her but most of the time I am wondering what in the heck she was thinking! Sometimes I’m not sure that she knows either…

7 Anonymous { 10.30.12 at 10:25 am }

Australian needs to know…the show its not just about the VOICE…Bella has no stage presence and she is the same everyweek…I am sorry to say I did not found her WOW factor last night…I just dont understand how much publicity she gets from day 1. …