Big Brother – A Potential Intruder Reveals His Frustration At The Casting Of The Show

Big Brother – The Experience From The Housemate That Never Was

This year on Big Brother we were told it was going to be different than previous seasons that it was not going to be the usual suspects. Fans of the show interpreted this to mean diversity in casting both ethnicity and age. However the reality was very different, only two housemates, George and Ava, were from a different cultural background and the oldest person was Benjamin at 32.

The majority of the cast were good looking young white people.

Early in this season executive producer Alex Mavroidakis stated that they just did not get the older person auditioning, see blog post here, however commenters begged to differ.

However unlike The Block where they say people from different backgrounds don’t apply, there did not appear to be a lack of people from varied ethnic backgrounds applying to get into the Big Brother house.

Peter Nduati a 31 year old was one of them. This good looking university educated father of one is an Australian citizen who was born in Kenya. This was the second time he has auditioned for Big Brother and was shortlisted as an intruder, but did not make it on the show. He says in auditions there was concern that casting him might be seen as a stunt and there was concern he might also attract a lot of criticism on social media sites.

Peter wanted to share his  Big Brother experience.

Let it be noted, Peter is not attacking Big Brother nor Executive Producer Alex Mavroidakis as he believes he is a very smart individual. He was just frustrated that he felt he ticked a lot of the boxes but fell over at the last hurdle because he had no major insider secret like being a ‘secret millionaire’ or a ‘hidden fear of birds’ when he thought the show was meant to be different.

A lot of viewers, myself included would have liked to see someone like him in the house.

That is the real Australia these days and this would have been a great story to see on screen rather then people macking on and meeping.

It would have been interesting to see this social intelligent, articulate modern day Australian who could have changed many perceptions people may have of immigrants and Africans. Hell he may have hooked up as well!

Here Peter Nduati talks about his Big Brother experience and wonders why casting was not that much different from previous seasons.

“I came to Australia 11 years ago as a university student, obtaining a Bachelor of Commerce. One the reasons I wanted to get on the program was to show a different more modern face of Africa then what Australia sees portrayed in the media and through World Vision campaigns and wildlife safari videos.

My adaptation to Australia has been for the most part smooth and trouble free as I grew up in the cosmopolitan city, Nairobi, which has all the modern day luxuries and advancements you would find here, including people of all race and colour.

I unfortunately did not get in that year after making it into the top 50.

However four years on I applied again for this year’s Big Brother now on Channel NINE.  After wondering whether I should go through it all again. I fell for the marketing about it being a fresh reboot of the old show and now they just wanted REAL people from all walks of life, with no agenda and who possessed warmth, intelligence and humour.

I attended the Perth Audition along with 1000 other people and was placed in a random group of about 20 people for the first round of auditions.  They played a few psychological and opinion based games , for example, lining us up in order of who would most likely be arrested to least likely. I jokingly told a lady truck driver who put herself first that considering I’m black and have dreadlocks I deserved the number one spot. I then got through to the next round.

The next round was more in depth. They sat us in a group and you had to explain to one of the producers what you believed in in front of the group to encourage debate. The aim was to see how the participants handled social interaction. I controversially mentioned I did not support Gay marriage from a Christian Church based context. A response that had me at odds with most of the group but gained some noticeable respect or attention from the producer.

After passing this round I got to meet Alex Mavroidakis, the executive producer, who kindly tried to put me at ease as I was quite nervous by this stage. He even joked that I was probably only the second black man at these Perth auditions so the whole audition must have been a walk in the park for me

At this point, as much as it was simply a tease to bring out the elephant in the room because I knew he meant nothing by it, it did strike me that race would be a factor – whether in a positive or negative way I was yet to find out. He even asked whether I believed I made it this far in the audition because I was black. I replied that other black people had applied and I thought my engaging personality was also a factor. I also mentioned my previous audition and encouraged them to look at the video from that.

The rest of the interview was about myself, work, day to day life, relationships and opinions on current political issues. Interestingly contrasting my more conservative views on gay marriage, my views on carbon tax is maybe more left wing I told them people suffering now in terms of expense has to be endured if we were ever going to start trying to save the environment in any way for our children and other generations to come.

A month later I was asked to attend the final audition tour for only those who are potential housemates. Again another lengthy questionnaire was completed. I was back to where I was four years ago which was nerve wrecking, coming so possibly close twice consecutively!

Audition was again at a hotel and followed largely the same format as the last time except they threw in a speed dating step, where you speed dated all other potentials which was an interesting twist. Also there was a one on one interview in a dark room with nothing but the camera. Questions were varied covering the personal and general.

At the end of all that process about four of us including myself were told to hang back.

I again then met with who I believe was Alex’s associate from the last round in Perth and someone I believe was their chief psychologist on the show. When probed why I applied I mentioned that Australia is a much more diverse country now and I wanted to portray to the rest of Australia that not all African’s are war-torn refugees, but can be tertiary educated and well-spoken individuals too, some of who arrive here as international students.

I then again met with Alex, but this time simply for copyright and legal purposes.

Alex however commented that I was extremely well spoken but was at odds to cast me, especially as people might take it as a stunt if cast. He also wondered if I was ready to take on some of the comments and negative abuse that may come my way, being black of course.

My response was that this is why I wanted to be on the show in the first place…to shock people but in the totally opposite way. To show that beyond appearances the audience would find we actually share many of the same experiences, and that stereotypes can be not just defied but over turned.

Long story short I actually made it to the intruder list. However after all the criticisms in the media about the casting I felt it right to speak out and say that there were actually people applying who were of culturally different backgrounds but that were just not selected

To finish, my name is Peter Nduati. I live in an apartment building in Central Perth right opposite an Irish pub that won an award for being the highest seller of Guinness in Australia but that I am proud to call my local even though I can’t understand half their accents but now know some Irish history and can even sing a song or two (when drunk 😉 with a Neighbour from El Salvador who has a girlfriend from the Czech republic. Shop at my suburban Coles where I am served by the always pleasant Nella from Sicily (Italy) who apparently doesn’t share my love for the TV show Sopranos as it depicts Italians as nothing but organised crime Mafioso individuals. Work with mostly Aussies and English who have no idea I could probably even write anything like this or even think this far about things but have hired me because I’m good with computers. Eat at the Asian lunch bar run by Vietnamese down the road from my work every day to the point that they now know my lunch choices off by head and kindly try reserve me a table with my daily newspaper. I’m Kenyan Born but my son will be considered an Australian Kenyan-Canadian who if I have anything to do with will speak at least two languages like his father, English and Swahili. That Mr Mavroidakis and Co. is a REAL story based on TRUE diversity that I believe most people would prefer to hear about…and not the number of different guys Estelle can make out with before her inevitable eviction ;)”

There was a good looking, smart, articulate, new Australian from Africa on the show. Considering Zoe has said she doesn’t like refugees and comes from regional Australia how would she have interacted with him? How would his views on gay marriage gone down with Ben? How would his views on carbon tax gone down with George who works in the mines?

With Big Brother expected to be renewed for 2013 maybe this time we will see a diverse cast shut in the Dreamworld compound.

1 Glen { 10.29.12 at 8:50 am }

I think what some people forget is that this show is esssentially a soap. It is cast as such. I’m all for cultural diversity on television but at the end of the day, Peter would be cast on how he fits into the mix. The producer’s comment “He also wondered if I was ready to take on some of the comments and negative abuse that may come my way, being black of course” well, was it really because you’re black? Maybe it was because you’ve got dreadlocks and we’ve already got one of those. Maybe it was because you’re an alpha male and we’ve already got one of those. Maybe it was because you’re funny but we’ve already got several of those. Maybe it was because of the potential gay marriage backlash and of being homophobic, which would certainly rally the Twitter blacklash up.

I’m not saying Peter entirely mis-read the reason why he was rejected. All I’m saying is there are a dozens reasons why a contestant is rejected.

That said, it would have been interesting to see how his views would have gone over in the house (and Australia) and how Zoe would have reacted (who, by the way, we’ve heard little from in regards to her alleged conservative view points).

But again, it’s soap. It’s fine to scream we need diversity. But we also need hot bodies and big mouths to make people come back for more every night.

2 brain dead dave { 10.29.12 at 9:06 am }

A non white gay hating Christian with a big mouth and schlong in the BB house?

Sounds like a ratings winner to me.

3 Samantha { 10.29.12 at 9:22 am }

See, if you had of left out the penis comment there BBD, that would have been a good point.

4 Reality Raver { 10.29.12 at 9:30 am }

Glen – Indeed it is a soap, but isn’t it also meant to be a social experiment? We were led to believe there may be conflict between Zoe and Estelle about their differing fews on refugees and this has not occurred not that we have seen on screen.
Indeed he may have misread why he was rejected, however he would have been a darn site more interesting than George who really gave the viewer very little in terms of entertainment as he got very little air time except when he was hooking up with Layla and the secret millionaire plot line which was over in the first few days.

BDD – you are stereotyping on race….how do you know these things? I do think Estelle would have thought he was hot.

5 Kristen { 10.29.12 at 9:35 am }

Great article, but i believe George would be more affected by the mining tax than the carbon tax, none the less both taxes are as shit as each other thanks to Julia Gillard and co.

6 brain dead dave { 10.29.12 at 9:41 am }

Are you saying that Estelle would go for him because he’s hung like a horse, RR?

I did use use a common stereotype there. Only the other week I watched a reality show on the sex industry in US and one of the sex workers complained about the enormous size of a white client.

Since BB lite no longer does naked shower scenes, these myths will continue to be perpetrated.

7 Reality Raver { 10.29.12 at 9:47 am }

BDD – Have you been watching ABC2 again. No I think would like him because he is black and hot.

8 A.P { 10.29.12 at 9:56 am }

He would have been ok, but probably not that much different from George. He’s still young and good looking, I would have preferred half of the housemates to have been over 35, some married, some with kids etc for a bit of difference, basically what they promised us in the promos.

9 brain dead dave { 10.29.12 at 10:13 am }

He doesn’t sound that interesting,really. Who cares if you shop at Coles? Doesn’t sound like “true diversity” to me.

The bagging of Estelle doesn’t make him a unique snowflake , either.

What is most disturbing to me is that regardless of their DNA ,how your fame hungry, deluded reality TV contestant tries again and again and again to get on shows like this and X Factor . Such efforts are usually in inverse proportion to the amount of talent and charisma they bring to the table.

10 Georgie { 10.29.12 at 10:39 am }

He might not sound interesting bdd, but he sure looks yummy.

11 anonymous { 10.29.12 at 12:14 pm }

I think Brain Dead Dave sounds a bit hateful and jealous to me..either that or he is as his name says..just brain dead! Get over it man…u obviously have a racial stereotype hate behind all your silly comments..which is what the whole article above is trying to reverse.Maybe say something a bit more intelligent than people being ‘hung’ and you may just, barely just…be taken seriously?

12 Paul { 10.29.12 at 12:17 pm }

I actually agree with BDD re the above. Applying once is fine. But to apply time and time again reeks of desperation to me.

I don’t buy this white anglo thing either. We’ve had gay winners of BB, black winners of BB and numerous other non anglo contestants over the years. Nobody said boo and there was no outrage.

All the other reality shows are fairly diverse – bloody hell, I’m hard pressed to think of a white anglo contestant on Australian Idol and it never seemed to harm that show.

Australians are far more tolerant than what we are told we are. And the reality shows are a great example of that.

13 Culinary Boner { 10.29.12 at 1:55 pm }
14 Michelle { 10.29.12 at 2:18 pm }

“My first attempt to sign up to Big Brother was in 2008 after winning Mr Africa Perth. This gave me some of the confidence to now try to take on mainstream Australia.”
He may have added some diversity to the house but IMO he appears just like all the other attention seekers … 5 mins of fame etc

15 Culinary Boner { 10.29.12 at 3:10 pm }

Oh, and based on this comment “I did not support Gay marriage from a Christian Church based context” Mr Nduati is brought to you by Bill Reynolds and possibly (but then again, maybe not) The Penny Farthing Hotel – http://www.queerty.com/hotel-advertises-its-poofters-welcome-policy-offensive-20110215/

(I don’t normally post part political stuff here but it was sadly ironic that Penny Wong has been relegated to a lower position on the South Australian Senate ticket for the ALP by the homophobes in the Catholic right union, the SDA. That’ll teach her to be a lesso. Oh, and a mum.)

16 anonymous { 10.29.12 at 3:35 pm }

when did it become wrong to have a differing opinion on Gay marriage Culinary Boner? Ironically your being just as bad in your dismissiveness as those who point fingers at those who support it. Also if you read closer he says nothing against gay rights or civil unions/weddings..just a christian marriage ‘context’.If someone can’t have a differing opinion even when it comes to religious beliefs then what freedom of speech is there really? I support people who speak out on both sides of the coin as long as they back up their reasons respectfully without being discriminative or insulting.. because there is a difference and things are not always black or white or having an ‘are you with us or against us mentality’ and that goes for anyone whether straight or gay

17 Culinary Boner { 10.29.12 at 4:07 pm }

thanks for the opinion anonymous.

I’ll happily dismiss most of the superstitious nonsense and unethical faux morality that churches and religious types have been shoving down society’s throat for centuries.

It goes against my libertarian nature.

That said. I don’t care what people believe – as long as they don’t set about trying to regulate other people’s behaviour in areas that are not causing harm to others. (And that includes trying to disempower gay and lesbian people so they cannot take their rightful place in society).

I did laugh at this comment today from some priest or such about Halloween, which my kids will be enjoying this Wed –

“There’s a significant difference between the two festivals, Bishop Forsyth said. “Halloween is a made up festival about death, Easter is a real world festival about life.”…Bishop Forsyth said the celebration was acceptable as long as “it’s done at a level which is not actually trafficking demons and spirits”.”

“Made up” and “real life” – yeah, well. Whatever. So one Northern hemisphere pagan superstition & festival – the whole spring re-birth thing that was latched onto for the Christian Easter is okay, but another – occurring at the end of the harvest and the scary slide to the austerity and hardship of winter is dubious? I guess it’s okay, though. I’ll be just trafficking in spirits (perhaps a G&T while the kids have their fun). I’ll leave the demons for the more gullible out there.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/business/your-business/halloween-bigger-than-easter/story-fn9evb64-1226505384850#ixzz2Af07tlEl

18 Bakerboy { 10.29.12 at 4:21 pm }

What they needed in the BB House was more people who were strong enough to make up their own mind about Estelle without being influenced by the percieved leaders.
Judging by the last comment in his story, he would have been just one more weak HM bitching & bagging Estelle, which in and of itself tends to indicate that he was unable to add the one thing to the house that it really needed.
It needed somebody with enough balls to put the nasty group in their place.
IMO Sam did that!

Peter Nduati had plenty of characteristics that had potential to create conflict and debate in the house, but they already had enough of that.
What BB needed was a character who could go in and difuse the simmering Industrial Relations Disaster that had the potential to see BB be fined a substantial amount for breach of a section of the FWA.
BB obviously decided that Sam was the right Intruder to do that.
Peter’s comments at the end show why he was not the right person for that task.

Im sorry that you didnt get in Peter, but gratuitous comments like that on the end of your story is not going to help your cause my friend.

19 Mahlia { 10.29.12 at 4:31 pm }

I think he makes a lot of assumptions about what people were thinking when then did this and that and asked him this and that and said this and that. His view is very subjective particularly about his own worthiness as a housemate.
Yes they promised diversity. But you need someone who is interesting to watch for some reason.
Maybe it’s just as simple as he just doesn’t have the personality to be a good housemate.

20 pnduati { 10.29.12 at 4:55 pm }

@Bakerboy…you have my attention because you put up a good argument. the so called ‘bagging of Estelle’ was not really meant to be that…it was more to bring up the contradiction of what I see on TV versus more real issues out in the world. The above article is but a fragment of my original piece as couldn’t fit all in for editorial purposes plus it was written over a month and a half ago so in all fairness since I don’t watch the show as much anymore my verdict on Estelle could be outdated and based on 1st assumptions which is what I’m totally against in the 1st place. And to that extent I do apologise.
@Mahlia..I wasn’t making assumptions of bias,just stating my experience..as to who would have been more interesting to watch..you will never really know..

21 Bakerboy { 10.29.12 at 6:10 pm }

Hi Peter,

Great to have a conversation with you!
But for the last sentence of your story, I enjoyed it!
I was thoroughly intrigued by the process that you described.
I honestly thought that you had some great characteristics that could have added a great deal of gravitas and interesting debate in the house.
You have now put your comment into perspective, and for that I thank you. Being that it was written 6-weeks ago, I cannot hold anything against you, as I remember that I also did not have a lot of time for Estelle back then. The Estelle/Ryan thing made me cringe.

I am not sure when BB makes the decision about who to choose as Intruders, but if the decision is made in real time, that is within 3 – 4 days bfore the Intruder enters the house, then I have no doubt whatsoever that BB was looking for a personality that would deflect and difuse the bullying/ostracising issue.
I remain to be convinced that Ava was not sent into the house with specific instructions to befriend Estelle and change the dynamic.
Apart for the fact that Josh would have been easy for her to cuddle up to, there is a part of me that wonders whether Ava hooked up with him because he was a big character in the house and could therefore influence the way that everybody else thought? The intended pattern is quite simple; Ava is BFF with Estelle; Ava hooks up with Josh, who is then by default allied to Estelle because Ava is, thus the dynamic changes?
My thoughts are that that was a possible intended scenario.
It obviously didn’t work that well because Josh still seemed to have very little time for Estelle. This may also be because deep down, Josh was afraid to make himself a possible target by moving away from the rest of the pack? Alternatively, it could also be because he & Estelle just didnt really hit it off?
Who knows?
The bottom line was that it didnt work; well, not in the way that they wanted it to, anyway!
The comment from Zoe about Ava being a “clip on koala” stuck, and Ava was then labelled in a negative manner. This worked to ostracise Estelle & Ava, but at least it wasnt the whole pack against just one HM anymore.
Cue Sam!
The dynamics changed instantly.
Sam became the unofficial Alpha Male after he beat Josh at a hand stand….yes, rivetting stuff, I know….and he then proceeded to show a massive amount of interest in Estelle.
So it has gone from the pack against 1, to the pack against 2, to 3 people (of which one is an Alpha male) and the rest of the clique.
The dynamic was slow to change, but change it did.
I remain to be convinced that both Ava and Sam were not sent into the BB house with instructions to address the IR issue that BB had every right to be very concerned about.
The biggest casualty ouf of all that was Ava.
She did the job that I suspect that she was tasked to do, but it cost her an opportunity to get further in the game.

There are two very interesting points that emerge from this:

1. How would Estelle have gone in the house if she was not ostracised by the other HM’s? It is unacceptable behaviour by a group of adults for which there is no excuse or defence. It was ugly to see. It is clear that many people, of whom I am one, are making a statement about bullying vicariously through Estelle. Would we have voted for her had she not been ostracised?

2. I think it is absolutely wonderful that a corny reality show like BB can be used as a medium to broadcast an anti-bullying message to the whole Australian community.
Who would have thought?
It is a very timely and contemporary debate for our society to have in light of the significant increase in depression and teenage suicide.

IMO there can be no greater anti-bullying message than for Estelle to be the ultimate winner.
It is not about Estelle; it is not about the other HM’s. It is bigger than that. It is about setting standards of acceptable behaviour in our society.

I know that I for one want to thump any kid that picks on my children. Of-couse we cant do that. That is why the anti-bullting message is so important.
If Estelle wins this, it will be because everyone who voted for her is declaring that it is NOT cool to be a bully!

22 Bakerboy { 10.29.12 at 6:23 pm }

** I just thought of another reason as to why Josh did not seem to have a lot of time for Estelle in the end?
Estelle chose Ryan instead of Josh?

If I remember correctly, Josh & Estelle got on really well in the first week?

Interesting debate, eh?

23 Lisa { 10.29.12 at 6:25 pm }

There’s probably loads of people who feel this way for their own personal reasons.
I think if you’ve been knocked back multiple times for any TV show you probably just haven’t got what they want.

24 Reality Raver { 10.29.12 at 7:03 pm }

Lisa – I literally was just reading in the TV Week the latest edition that Benjamin applied three times for the show.

25 pnduati { 10.29.12 at 8:29 pm }

Good talking with you too Bakerboy. As for others who see this as purely an ego boost or some sort of self entitlement, I can tell you it’s not. I’ve never believed myself to be special but I do believe I did have a genuine unique story to tell and thats what got me dissapointed because they advertised for that, even putting diversity and Political Correctness aside, and just my opinion, but I don’t see that on the Telly. Anyway the above article like I said is just a summary of the full story so a lot of shortened statements can be misread as arrogance and I am quite the opposite.Below is the link to my full unedited piece for those who are serious about knowing the full story before judging.At the end of the day it is just a show and part of my objective has already been achieved if just to get this type of conversation started

26 Bakerboy { 10.29.12 at 9:29 pm }

I dont have an issue with anybody applying multiple times to enter a competition of any kind.
Passion is what drives people to do the best things!

Tenacity and the perseverance to keep going regardless of how many knock-backs you get are fantastic traits to have. Those are the virtues of person who has depth of character and a deep belief in themselves.

If I wanted something badly enough, I would go after it as hard as I could!
Most self-made millionaires have been bankrupt at least once in their life. The corolary here is that they don’t give up; they get back in the fight and go for gold again!

If you really want to get on BB Peter, then don’t stop applying until you achieve your goal!
The same principle applies to everything we do in life!

27 A.P { 10.29.12 at 9:55 pm }

Peter, try again next year, you will make it eventually. Hope to see you on there.

28 A.P { 10.29.12 at 10:08 pm }

PS Peter, one thing I just thought of.
You should have just made up some silly secret if that was the only thing stopping them from choosing you and you might have got on!

29 Revenge of the losers! { 10.29.12 at 10:41 pm }

@Bakerboy @ 18. They DID send in “people who were strong enough to make up their own minds”! Who are you to make up their mind for them?

All you have seen is an edited version and I’m sure there has probably been much more annoying/irritating Estelle behaviour that we haven’t seen – hence all the noms for her!!!

@21 re:bullying. I just don’t see it that way, sorry. Being rejected and talked about behind your back – while unpleasant & extremely distressing if you have no support – does not equal bullying! Sad but true. I experienced it as a new student in year 9 (moved cities thanks to divorced parents). I was painfully shy and basically ostracised. So I left school as soon as I could – on my 15th birthday! But do I consider that bullying? No. Sadly, I was just invisible.

And that is what Estelle has copped. Not being listened to, snide remarks behind her back.

But she has a choice to stay there – she wants the money. So why should we feel sympathy because she has had the unfortunate luck of not finding any clique in the house? After all she says that she’s popular on the outside. She’ll be fine. It’s a lot harder when its real life and you have no one on the outside (ie outside school).

I cringe that I had to get so personal but I’m sick of the “bullying” cry!

I find it interesting that the “popular group” appears to be made up of people who would’ve been outsiders at school. Revenge of the losers!

30 Beau { 10.29.12 at 10:58 pm }

It amazes me how they pick these people. I think they just put the names in a hat! Judging by the motley crew we are lumbered with most years.

31 Bakerboy { 10.30.12 at 12:07 am }

I respect your opinion ‘Revenge of The Losers’ and I welcome the opportunity to discuss the issue, even though we dont agree.

Zoe is a perfect example of a person who was not strong enough to take a stand against the ‘nasty group’.
She recognised their behaviour for what it was many weeks ago. She made a comment that she felt sorry for Estelle and was going to make an effort to be more friendly towards her. It was clear that her comments were made in such a way as to guage the response from the other Hm(s). When they did not respond positively to her comment in this regard, that was the end of the matter. She did not take it any further.
Clearly she was afraid of being rejected by the rest of the HM’s for not conforming with the group think perpetuated by the percieved leaders in the house.
This is typical behaviour that is played out in schools across the country every day.
The ‘cool group’ decides that they don’t like somebody. Anybody who wants to be or remain in the cool group must then make a decision; join the cool group in ostracising the person, even if they quietly like them, or be rejected and shunned, just like the victim.
This is text book bullying.

It takes a person with a very strong character to stand up to the bullies and not give in to peer pressure.
Not one of the HM’s had the strength to do that.
Zoe wanted to, but failed to follow through.

I invite you to consult the Fair Work Act and its Regulations which describe the legal definition of behaviour that constitutes bullying and thereby breaches the Act.

If a complaint was lodged against the behaviour in the house, BB will need a good lawyer.

32 Culinary Boner { 10.30.12 at 9:06 am }

Peter, if you truly, really, really want to get on commercial tele then you truly, really, really need to dumb down your approach.

Hopefully, when the question “Do you have a six-pack?” appeared on the questionnaire the production company had you fill out you not only ticked “Yes” but wrote “Most girls go weak at the knees when they see my abs. Better get some smelling salts on set guys.”

The last time I saw a black male face* on Channel Nine on a program that wasn’t the footy, it was on Hey, Hey It’s Saturday – http://www.theage.com.au/national/connick-jr-offended-by-hey-hey-its-saturday-blackface-skit-20091008-gng3.html

* If you’re non-famous and a hot chick who is black (provided, of course, you’re not indigenous) you’ll have a fair chance of getting on screen on Nine. Asian males (other than Anh Do) seem to have as much chance as black males if they are non-famous.

33 A.P { 10.30.12 at 9:47 am }

Bakerboy @31, you’ve hit the nail on the head here, I completely agree with everything you said.
Some posters here have said that I only say good things about Estelle and no one else. The truth is that I find it a struggle to find nice things to say about the others while they behave like this. Zoe is a good example of this, as I’ve said all along, she’s been a sheep, following the ” cool group ” who will drop her like a hot cake when she’s of no further use to them. She’s quite a sad person really, she’s said she’s been bullied herself but can’t recognize she’s doing the same.
Ray I really liked and Charne too but they were never given a chance . The good thing about Stacey was that Delilah loved her, but she was always putting on a performance and I would have liked to have seen a more serious side of her. This crazy talk of ” drainers ” and “meepers ” etc just sounded like high school kids talk to me.
Sam has been good for the show to break up the two groups and I’d be happy if he or Layla wins if its not Estelle.

34 Culinary Boner { 10.30.12 at 9:55 am }

Cripes, it now seems Asian males can’t even make it on screen in Hollywood – http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/movies/cloud-atlas-attacked-over-yellowface-makeup-20121029-28f01.html

35 Anonymous { 10.30.12 at 3:35 pm }

A.P. over 35 and married with kids? Hahahaha that would be so SHIT! Perhaps you are watching the wrong TV network ain’t never going to happen on 7,9 or 10.

36 A.P { 10.30.12 at 4:16 pm }

@35, whatever!
The last winner of Big Brother was Terri who was 54 so open up your mind!

37 Big Brother Producer Reveals Why Contestants Were Picked | reality ravings { 11.01.12 at 2:05 pm }

[…] Reality Raver It was ironic the day where there was a blog post about the contestant, Peter Nduati, who never made it on our screens that there is an article in […]