Big Brother – Minor Fallout But No Explosion

Is Michael just very sexually frustrated, does he genuinely like Estelle or is he realising she is popular and does not want to be seen to be “hating” on her?

I suspect a little bit of all three. If they are final two as the bookies are suggesting will he think his “romance” with her has assisted him. He told her he nominated her out of habit, and then told Big Brother he has like her for the last month but still nominated her. He also thinks they have a lot in common.

It is like Michael is taking what Benjamin said on board about him being able to win it and is just making some big plays both with the housemates, Big Brother and the viewers.  I am not buying all I am seeing.

There was no major explosion from the secrets reveal just some minor bitching.

Layla was the one who appeared to be the most hurt by Benjamin as she felt that he had made her feel paranoid about him not liking her but him saying “he will destroy her” is pretty hard to talk himself out of. You get the feeling Benjamin also knows he has blown it with viewers because of this. If he did  a big apology to the housemates that might be favourable.

Also Layla told Ben he does not know her if he thinks she like to get her way, she said she was the only on of her friends who does not take presents. To be honest I did not buy that one as my impression of Layla was she was a material girl.

Other highlights from the episode:

• Zoe said she does not know when she has over stepped the mark when it came to guys;
  • Michael trying to appear humble in the diary room saying Zoe was twice the person he was;
  • Benjamin told Estelle that he had never nominated her when BB flashed up he had nominated her in week three and four. Whoops.
  • Thought Estelle was listening to Layla bitching about Benjamin she said and agreed with her listen to your gut feeling line;
  • Layla being bothered by seeing Sam giving Angie a hickey;
  • Layla says she does not care about anything, but was upset with Benjamin and Sam;
  • Sam does seem to care for Layla, though the toothpaste fight was a strange way of showing it;
  • Benjamin interviewing the housemates under a “lie detector”, and then revealing to Michael that Layla and Sam would take the money over each other. Like that is a negative thing all of them in the house would.

1 The Oracle { 10.31.12 at 11:22 pm }

@ Beau..don’t worry I get lambassted by hubby regularly when I’m watching BB as he thinks it’s total tripe and an insult to one’s intelligence , and of course he’s right. But I’m at that age now where I don’t give a rat’s arse to what anyone thinks although I must say the stupidity in the house at the mo is enough to turn me off, but have decided I will persist to the end, otherwise my suffering would have been for nought.
Couldn’t think of anything worse than snuggling up to Michael..beard rash .
BTW has Sam ever explained his scar?

2 Izobel2 { 10.31.12 at 11:25 pm }

You’re right Oracle, it would be a shame to tune out now… although in a week we’ll be like Estelle and Michael who? and in 6 months we’ll be flat out remembering any of them.
I wouldn’t want to snuggle with Mr Fake either. He’s driving me mad.
And yes Sam did explain his scar but I can’t remember what he said! I’m sure someone has a better memory than me!

3 ashley { 10.31.12 at 11:29 pm }

The kiss was nothing. I couldnt even pick when it happened while I was watching it. It was probably just a small peck and then Estelle just turned and laughed about it.

4 Beau { 10.31.12 at 11:45 pm }

Hey Izobel2 you make me laugh, a bit of both actually, because I watch BB and I named myself after a dog! My kids would love to read that. They would get a laugh too.
I was wondering what was going to happen next week when this ends. I will miss everyone. I love coming online throughout the day and catching up on everyone’s comments. Yes I watch all of those shows so it is good to know at least you will be there. A.P. will you be there as well?
Thanks I2 for your support even though I am a girl with a dogs name!
My husband also thinks BB is a load of rubbish, but who cares, their taste is in their backside!
As for the kiss, what kiss, I think it is a lot of to do about nothing, wasn’t much of a kiss if it was one, hardly worth mentioning.

5 Beau { 10.31.12 at 11:54 pm }

Thanks Oracle, he’s know what you mean about the other halls, they can’t tell us what to and not to watch, that will be the day. I am the same as you, have just about had enough of them now but have to stick it out until the end. At this point I think it could be anyone’s.
Will you be staying with this site when BB ends? What other shows will you be watching if you are?
I love this site and am so glad I have discovered it.
It’s the best! Keep up the good work RR.

6 Suziekue { 11.01.12 at 12:09 am }

I’m also in the “don’t give a rats arse” club when my husband heaves his big sigh every night when BB comes on. Tuffteetties I say to him. Cerebral it may not be, but enjoyable just the same (oh and unlike our now disappeared couple of would be Maths Masters, I do have a ridgy didge Masters).

I actually laughed like a drain tonight during their Halloween blackout when they were all screaming. Funny how fear is contagious and probably primeval – even when they knew logically that the the noises were fake, they still got a little frightened..well alot frightened.

Hey stick with us Rapunzel – let down your hair and enjoy the fun til the end. Not long now until Layla picks up the $250 Gs.

7 Isabel { 11.01.12 at 7:12 am }

Well, the only ‘people’ who know that I watch this rubbish are the 2 cats!! I wouldn’t tell a soul – except my fellow bloggers of course. So stick with it everyone!

That wasn’t a kiss – Estelle turned away laughing. It’s quite sickening to watch Michael .. some of the twitter comments were flattering to him, others not so much – and I do find those twitter comments very distracting! I hope they are all given a dvd of the entire series so that they can see how appalling they’ve been.

Zoe is getting louder and brasher – she’s certainly got her confidence back! But not worthy of even a $1 prize.

8 The Oracle { 11.01.12 at 7:23 am }

@ (48)..I have a sneaking suspicion too that Estelle is more Sam’s type. In the outside world I honestly don’t think Layla would get a look in..she’d be more like a good buddy.
I think Sam ,although a nice guy in a lot of ways, is fairly narcisstic and would be attracted by someone that he perceived as having a good body being himself a gym junkie.
I can’t remember any of the BB romances enduring outside the house..please correct me if I’m wrong.
BTW did you see the NW magazine addy last night about Stacey wanting her own comedy show?..It was so obvious she was angling for something like this or an FM gig once she left the house.

9 Isabel { 11.01.12 at 7:40 am }

Just checked the betting odds, and Michael has overtaken Estelle as most likely to win – so his tactics appear to be working. Better use some more of the housekeeping …

10 Den { 11.01.12 at 8:12 am }

Marty and Jess from one of the earlier seasons got married for some years but they are no longer together. Channel TEN did a special on the pair.

11 brain dead dave { 11.01.12 at 9:43 am }

It think a couple named Thomas and Suzanne may have even lasted longer than Marty and Jess.

Not sure if Sam has given a legit explanation for his scar .He did throw a red herring about having a conjoined Siamese twin but I thought BB called b/s on that. No cigar, Jarhead.

Sam and Estelle, hmmm. Sam’s figured out that Layla is more ar$e than class.

12 A.P { 11.01.12 at 9:55 am }

Oracle @58, I would never watch Stacey’s ” comedy ” show in a million years.I don’t find her funny at all.
Beau @54, don’t worry, I discovered this site about a year ago and will definitely be commenting and reading about MKR, MC, Survivor, X. Factor, and anything else that takes my fancy, just keep checking. You will be surprised how many people comment about MKR and MC in particular.
You can change your name if you like, I was Andrea, Andy Pandy and now simply A.P. Just put your new name, followed by ” formerly known as Beau” the first few times then everyone will know its you!
I really hope Michael and Zoe don’t win this thing, go Estelle!

13 Beau { 11.01.12 at 11:18 am }

Iabel, good on you, I don’t tell anyone either outside of my family, and they think I am crazy, but I don’t give a shite. I ask others if they watch BB and they all say ”No way”, unless they are cupboard watchers like me. Anyway I have enjoyed BB and especially this site, I wouldn’t have missed this site for quids. If I hadn’t watched this mind numbing show I wouldn’t have met all you wonderful people. I hope we can all meet up on another blog!

14 Nathan { 11.01.12 at 11:27 am }

i stopped watching full episodes not long after ray was evicted…i just felt the edits were getting biased.
but theres no way i would stop keeping up with the show altogether….been watching since 2000.
im just glad its finally back and really hope next year is a bit more adult orientated.
as for being ashamed of watching the show…so what?cant please everybody,all the time! 😉
go esTelle!!

15 Beau { 11.01.12 at 11:29 am }

A.P. thanks, how do I change my name? Do I sign up again or use that manage your subscriptions?
Are you already commenting on Survivor? I have read that guys updates and they are very good but there have been no comments. Is he an American or an Australian that does those?
Other than Survivor do we have to wait until next year to get together? :(

16 Izobel2 { 11.01.12 at 11:30 am }

Well Beau we’ll see you on another RR blog then as they all get write ups from RR… As A.P. said Masterchef & MKR gets loads of comments it’s great.

I remember Sam saying something about a metal plate in his head from something… and yeah BDD I remember his silly comment about the Siamese twin.

And on the topic of user names, I named myself “Izobel2” after my one of my fave movies Legends of the Fall, after Brad Pitts wife Izobel2… So that’s what I’ve been for 3 years on here! And now there’s Isabel as well on here so good job I had the Izobel2 to start with I guess! :-)

PS A.P. you really are missing a cracker not watching Bachelor Pad. And they’ve been replaying Ben’s Bachelor season on Go! on weekdays too. Now they are some TrashTastic shows!!

17 Beau { 11.01.12 at 11:36 am }

I have to ask it has been bugging me.
What does @amp mean?
I do not have a clue and I see it so many times after a persons name.
Thanks.

18 Izobel2 likes Reality { 11.01.12 at 11:37 am }

I thought you just changed it in the “Name” field above your email address. I’ll try it!

19 A.P { 11.01.12 at 11:45 am }

Yes, you do, but if you use the formerly bit just for a while, people get used to your new name and then just leave the formerly bit off and use the new name, hope this makes sense. I just copied what a few other people did.
Beau@65, yes JStar is a big survivor fan and does the recaps, we’re waiting for the latest one but there have been comments from the previous episode 2 already.

20 Gabby formerly Beau { 11.01.12 at 12:17 pm }

Thanks A.P. and Izobel2 for your help and Oracle, everyone has been great. You really are a great bunch. So friendly.
I will see if this works.

21 A.P { 11.01.12 at 12:25 pm }

Yes it did Gabby! Is that your first name?
By the time BB is finished we will all know your new name, looking forward to you using it on other shows.

22 Reality Raver { 11.01.12 at 12:34 pm }

Will be taking a break from the recaps after BB and The X Factor. But will probably do American Idol when that starts mid January and of course MKR, Masterchef Professionals and all the shows in 2013.

However the site still continues will be focusing on news, gossip and analysis over the Christmas season and non-rating period.

23 The Oracle { 11.01.12 at 12:40 pm }

@66..Izobel2 I know this is off topic but I LOVE that movie ..have watched it about 4 times ..a bit of a tragic :( ..That’s when Brad was at his best hot hot hot!..unfortunately he’s gone to seed now :(

24 The Oracle { 11.01.12 at 12:47 pm }

Thanks Den and BDD re answers to outside coupling..

25 Gabby formerly Beau { 11.01.12 at 12:50 pm }

Cheers A.P. Looking forward to the future as well. Thanks for your help. Keep me posted as to what shows you are watching.
Thanks to everyone that has made me feel so welcome since I joined BB!

26 Izobel2 likes Reality { 11.01.12 at 12:59 pm }

I totally agree Oracle!! The movie relationship between Brad Pitt and Izobel2 was what the modern day movie relationship between the couple on The Notebook is for others!

And nice to meet you ‘Gabby’!! Give my regards to your dog Beau :-)

27 Gabby formerly Beau { 11.01.12 at 1:14 pm }

Thanks Izobel2. Sadly Beau was put down earlier this year aged 19 :( Not to worry he had a good life.
You all make me smile.
Just read the news from RR saying she was closing shop for a while that didn’t make me smile. Just as I discover you all I am about to lose you until next year.

28 Izobel2 { 11.01.12 at 2:01 pm }

Sorry to hear about Beau.. Wow aged 19 what a fabulous innings!

I guess because RR only reports on Reality shows and they are slowly finishing up for the year then there’s not much to report… but don’t worry I’m pretty sure most of us still check the site every day. And we’ll be ready and raring to go for when the next shows start.

And yes JStar will hopefully still be posting his awesome commentry on Survivor which is only at week 3 or so.

29 Calliegirl { 11.01.12 at 2:22 pm }

You deserve a break RR. Have a good rest and many, many thanks for your continued blogging during our favourite shows. We are very grateful and appreciative.

30 Jane { 11.02.12 at 2:23 pm }

I really like the way most people on RR voice their opinions (even disagree) with respect and value toward other bloggers. Ben on BB said nice was beige but not to me. I have lots of friends who are nice and they’re funny and interesting. Maybe poor Ben just doesn’t know enough nice people.

31 Gabby formerly Beau { 11.02.12 at 3:33 pm }

Jane @80 very nicely put! I would rather have my beige friends any day than friends like Ben. With friends like him, who needs enemies!