Australia’s Next Top Model To Return in 2013

Australia’s Next Top Model after a year’s hiatus will be back in 2013, but possibly at the expense of Project Runway Australia.

TV Tonight reports Foxtel has commissioned Cycle 8 of Australia’s Next Top Model -and they heard Megan Gale is the hot tip to host. Previous rumour of host have included Miranda Kerr and Nicole Trunfio.

TV Tonight also says an announcement about host and judges should occur in the next two weeks.

1 Mahlia { 11.03.12 at 9:55 am }

I would really like to see a season of this show where they truly do help the girls to become models not just film a soap opera where we see young girls crumble under various pressures.

I would like to see judges that encourage not abuse.

And I would like to see bully behaviour not tolerated.

2 Mia { 11.03.12 at 11:53 am }

I like Megan Gale as a person, but I find her terribly wooden as a host. Looking forward to OzNTM’s return though. It’s my fave version of the franchise.

3 KJ { 11.03.12 at 1:36 pm }

You’d have to wonder if they’ll have Dawson back as a judge? Good publicity in the wake of the twitter trolling, but she’ll have to be squeaky clean in case she’s accused of bullying.

4 Cheryl { 11.03.12 at 3:13 pm }

I like Project Runway Austraya but agree that Megan really needs to put some more personality into her hosting. She seems lovely and warm when she is just chatting rather than reciting lines. I’d rather see her than Miranda Kerr, although if Miranda hosted we’d have a slightly higher chance of Orlando pap shots (hopefully at the beach) so that would be an upside.

5 Morgan { 11.03.12 at 4:16 pm }

YAY! So happy Season 8 is finally being announced! I think Megan will be an alright host, she should at least be as good as Sarah Murdoch.

I seriously can’t wait, I’m a big fan of the Next Top Model franchise and the Australian version is definitely one of the best. It’s actually respected by the fashion industry and not treated as a joke, unlike the American version. Many of the Australian winners go on to have really solid careers in either the commercial or high fashion market. Most of the US winners usually just fade into oblivion, never to be heard of again.

6 Stacey { 11.04.12 at 5:56 pm }

Nooo not Megan Gale! Has she even had the kind of career that warrants a hosting job?
Also good question KJ – If Charlotte comes back she’s going to really have to tone down the bitch.

7 aimee { 11.25.12 at 9:34 am }

YAY for its return
when will the melbourne audition be ?

8 Reality Raver { 11.25.12 at 10:41 am }
9 Aimee { 11.25.12 at 10:58 am }

Thankyou reality raver :-)

10 Helen { 03.17.13 at 1:37 pm }

Megan Gale = no personality. She’s seems stiff and unnatural. It stands out and makes this show cringe-worthy. I will not watch it

11 Daisy { 03.17.13 at 2:01 pm }

Will this be shown free to air? I would love to watch it but am trying to avoid getting Fox because I am already watching too much telly.

12 Reality Raver { 03.17.13 at 3:16 pm }

Daisy – it is on foxtel only.