Big Brother – Sonia Kruger Would Like To See Broader Casting On the Show

Sonia Kruger revealed to TV Tonight she would like to see broader casting on Big Brother in an interview that covered a range of topics including who she thinks will be final two.

She told TV Tonight when asked about casting:

Kruger admits that the casting could improve if the show is, as expected, renewed for 2013.

“Look I think they could always go a little bit older and a little bit broader. Maybe they were testing the waters with that too. Certainly they stepped away from the stereotype of the old days but I guess they wanted to make sure they didn’t go too far in the other direction either,” she concedes.

“In a way it’s sort of been a year of conservatism. They were so concerned about bringing it back and making it broad in its appeal, but I know what you’re saying. Next year I think they will probably take it that little step further.

“I have had a few people say to me they’d love to see someone in there who is a bit older.”

Also Sam has told news.com.au that Layla has promised to give him the car if she wins the show, so clearly she is hoping the relationship will continue outside. Also Sam will be live blogging at 12.30pm on the site it could be interesting as he is straight talker.
Also what would a final week in the Big Brother house be like without an alleged voting scandal. However this one highlighted on Behind Big Brother does not appear to have much validity considering the claim is coming from Layla’s brother.  He said their is an error with the phone votes and they are going to Estelle.
Two more housemates will be evicted from the house tonight.
Big Brother will screen on NINE Monday to Wednesday at 7.00pm.

1 brain dead dave { 11.05.12 at 12:24 pm }

Go to the top of the class ,Sonia. Three months worth of watching twenty something white trash didn’t cut it.

Ooooh , ah think Layla’s brootha is a sore loser. That story has no legs whatsoever.

Well, you know if I win Lotto this week, I’ll give every blogger here $50, 000. And a set of curlers.

You too, RR. Swear on Winston Churchill’s life.

Laylard wouldn’t even share Tim Tams. Fake.

2 Georgie { 11.05.12 at 12:37 pm }

bdd, if news of that got out, everyone who ever posted a comment would be calling by for their 50G – you’d have nothing left. Imagine giving the RR trolls a handout!

Anyway, I’m going to win it :-)

3 A.P { 11.05.12 at 1:15 pm }

Oh god BDD, I hope you win it if that’s the case. I have so many plans for spending the money yeah!
Sonia, please yes , some older people next year and Friday night games would be fun again and give the housemates something to do, also bring that discussion panel back, talk to the evicted housemates longer, get a comfortable couch and give them all some prizes, a phone at least or a holiday otherwise no one will bother going on!

4 Lisa { 11.05.12 at 1:35 pm }

There WAS someone older this year – the host.

5 Trent { 11.05.12 at 2:00 pm }

There will never be “Friday night games”

BB is on channel 9 – the NRL will always be favoured.

6 Gabby formerly Beau { 11.05.12 at 2:14 pm }

Why doesn’t she call Gretal for a few tips.
Good one Lisa @ 4!

7 Nathan 1 { 11.05.12 at 2:33 pm }

i liked sonia this year…
as for casting – House 2 was pretty diverse.
a funny fat guy,old angry guy,dumb blonde,jock…..
house 1 the only diversity zoe(fat country girl),benjamin(bitter gay male)

8 Jane { 11.05.12 at 3:09 pm }

Firstly that $100 mill is going to start by paying for my swimming pool.
I thought Sonia did a good job considering she only gets a few moments on air. And if I’m not listening to her then I’m commenting to hubby about what an amazing body she has. 10/10 for your work at the gym Sonia. Fabulous legs and arms. I would like to see a bit more diversity too but this most of the 2012 hms didn’t appreciate diversity, and booted out, or tried to boot out anyone that didn’t fit their ideal.
Now I just want to make a comment on the term ‘genius’ which Michael has used as hook for his character.
You may already know this so you can call me annoying Sarah with the condescending lectures if you like but
the concept of a genius being someone who is outstandingly intelligent across all spheres of knowledge and understanding is outdated. The current concensus from experts in studies on intelligence is that 1. IQ tests are culturally biased. 2. Someone might have a high IQ in one area eg a high musical IQ but a lower scientific IQ or a lower social IQ. 3. Other factors can influence how someone performs on IQ tests. If someone has had an educationally stimulating childhood there performance they will probably do better than someone who has not.
OK lesson over because BB and Michael are probaly not being that serious about Michael being a genius anyway.
I think Sam had the best social IQ because he really does know how to speak and listen to others. The hms complain that Estelle has no social intelligence. I don’t know but she sure has great EQ (emotional intelligence because makes accurate summations of her own emotions been able to not let the nastiness of the hms destroy her.
Can’t wait to see her excitement when she wins!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 Nathan 1 { 11.05.12 at 3:25 pm }

just reading the live updates(?)…
and even today with just 2 days to go,zoe and layla are still bitching about estelle.
estelle in the pool alone,in the diary room alone….shes on her own a lot!!
kinda sad – but she never says anything neg about it.
i think with zoe and layla it comes down to the fact that they both feel threatened by estelle because of their own body image problems.
all this talk about estelle having multiple personalities..but in 3 months i havent seen it.
just a person is forced out of the group so they make their own fun,eg – the pony etc…

10 A.P { 11.05.12 at 3:30 pm }

That’s what I think too Nathan 1, the girls are very jealous of Estelle and the boys are being very quiet hoping they will scrape through tonight.

11 brain dead dave { 11.05.12 at 3:37 pm }

As there’s no clear consensus in the medical community about the diagnosis of Multiple Personality Disorder, there’s no reason at all to believe a single shred of the housemates’ speculation about Estelle.

I certainly wouldn’t put much faith in Zoe’s or Layla’s musings on the matter. It’s down to the two ugly sisters versus Cinderella now.

12 Trent { 11.05.12 at 3:58 pm }

Nathan & A P –
I guess all of the people who has lived with Estelle the last 3 months who cant stand her multiple personalities and cant stand her as a person must all be wrong and you must be right.

Compare Reggie in BB 2003 who was the only worthy winner to that of Estelle who might win this series. Well we have really gone downhill LOL

13 Golo i Wesolo { 11.05.12 at 3:59 pm }

@ 12: Yeah, because Ben the Bully would be a much more deserving winner instead, right?

“LOL”

14 Jane { 11.05.12 at 4:27 pm }

BDD@11 haaaa haaaaa. They would hate Sonia with the lovely arma and legs then if they had her for comp.

15 Jane { 11.05.12 at 4:31 pm }

Has anyone else noticed the similarities between Ben and Sarah. They both get on their high horses when dishing out the constant “constructive criticism”. Man, I’d rather have a crazy war of words with (you wanna piece of me) Angie than have someone talk down to me in order to help me scrape myelf up to their level.

16 Anonymous { 11.05.12 at 4:42 pm }

A rap in honour of Estelle…

I’m so fly, I’ll land in your food
I’ll also jump in your bed, if I’m in the mood
the Stella-hood’s my peeps , dey crazy, insane…
I’m gonna ride your cock horse like Calamity Jane

word.

17 Jane { 11.05.12 at 4:47 pm }

Good rap. Estelle would love it. ANyone elase got one?

18 brain dead dave { 11.05.12 at 4:51 pm }

I’m Layla , I got tuck shop arms and I’m dumb as a post
Can’t decide which guy I like the most
Yo, I’m Layla
Wit da butt da size of a semi trailer.

19 brain dead dave { 11.05.12 at 5:01 pm }

I’m Zoe y’all and when I gets toey
I’m harder to get rid of than a shithouse blowie
Ain’t pretty and sure ain’t funny
Ma only skillz is boiling a bunny

20 Joelle { 11.05.12 at 5:40 pm }

That is sooo funny BDD, been following this blog since 2010, this is my first comment ever !

21 brain dead dave { 11.05.12 at 5:48 pm }

Thanks Joelle. Keep commenting and thank you for reading.

22 Suziekue { 11.05.12 at 5:59 pm }

bdd @ #19 – very clever and sooo correctimo!
Welcome to the madhouse Joelle :) Here’s a ditty in your honour as a newbie poster:

I’m Joelle and I’m one kewl dude
I’m new to the joint so don’t be too rude
bdd’s posts brought me in from the cold
Before y’all know it I’ll be one of the fold.

23 A.P { 11.05.12 at 6:08 pm }

Suziekue, that was great and a nice welcome for Joelle/ sounds like Estelle!
Yours was very good too BDD.

24 Jane { 11.05.12 at 6:22 pm }

Re the raps: Loud sustained belly laugh! DO we have a prize for BDD?

25 Suziekue { 11.05.12 at 6:23 pm }

How could we forget Michael.

I’m Cockroach a la Michael, da Buttcrack from hell
My genius strategy’s macking on with Estelle
Ignoring da hairs growing out of my arse
She’s taken da bait for dis devious farce
Hope da lack of da action from my little weenie
Don’t let on to dis chick dat I’d rather be Queenie.

26 Calliegirl { 11.05.12 at 6:25 pm }

Well done BDD. I’m hoping for Zoe and Michael to go tonight – in fact anyone but Estelle.
Go Girl – you deserve this win…

27 Jane { 11.05.12 at 6:25 pm }

What a talented group we have!

28 Joelle { 11.05.12 at 6:28 pm }

Awesome, Thanks Suziekue, that was great,
I do not watch BB, but read RR’s recap and all the comments, and looks like Estelle for the WIN

29 Joelle { 11.05.12 at 6:33 pm }

Jane @ #27- We do have a fantastic group, BDD, CB, Georgie to name a few

30 Izobel2 { 11.05.12 at 6:38 pm }

I just want to say welcome Joelle, and you must get some sort of prize for reading all these posts since 2010 and not EVER commenting!! Surely you’ve wanted to comment SOMETIMES!!
Also you get an award for getting a rap made for you after your first comment!
It’s nice to have a bit of a laugh today. Cheers Guys.

31 A.P { 11.05.12 at 6:39 pm }

Can Ben have a rap too BDD or Suziekue?

32 Joelle { 11.05.12 at 6:44 pm }

Izobel2@#30-I know, sometimes was so tempted to comment, could not help today after BDD’s funny rap about Bunny boiler and Lay-her, semi-trailer, hahaha

33 Rapunzel { 11.05.12 at 6:47 pm }

Lovin the raps today was a toughie its good to laugh so hard. Ps Estelle dosent have multiple personalities she has facets like a jewel. More raps please.

34 Suziekue { 11.05.12 at 7:17 pm }

For Ben – *tips me hat to Ice Cube*

I’m bitch-arsed Ben from outta da ‘hood
I can say what I wanna and it ain’t neva good
Gonna spend all da riches as soon as I get it
Recognise I’m da Captain and you is just da lieutenant.

35 Nathan 1 { 11.05.12 at 7:27 pm }

my names zoe,n im in da bb hizzle,
i really wanna boi to give me my fizzle,
i h8 estelle cos she aint keepn it rizzle,
im tired of her shiznet,its got me in a tizzle.

36 Blair { 11.05.12 at 8:39 pm }

Jumping on the first time commenting wagon too, you guys are so hilarious and like Joelle, I had to join in when I saw your raps. Started reading the blog since Masterchef this year and have been coming back every day.
Thanks to RR and the regular commentators on this blog, you literally make me laugh out loud (especially when I’m having a shitty day at work).
Go Estelle!!

37 Reality Raver { 11.05.12 at 9:51 pm }

Hi Joelle and Blair – *waves*

38 Jane { 11.05.12 at 11:53 pm }

Love the raps-can’t do them myself so I have been thinking, because I can draw and have been wondering what you guys look I want to draw
you …cartoons. Might start with BBD and Baker Boy. Callie sounds cute, Comstu can do. And Isabel deserves a good one for keeping us nice and telling us to “Stop it!”. I wonder how close I’d be. If I ever stop commenting long enough to get drawing, I wonder if I could capture the real you.

39 Jane { 11.06.12 at 3:13 pm }

Suziekue@34 Good rap on Ben, but is it too much to ask for a second verse, one that includes his grizzling and whining and worrying about what someone else is getting. I just don’t have the poetic talent.

40 brain dead dave { 11.06.12 at 3:52 pm }

Yo, I’m bitchin’ Ben ,bitchin here and bitchin there
I lost a game of pass the parcel
and turned into a total arsehole..

41 Anonymous { 11.06.12 at 4:22 pm }

@ Jane – my pleasure to oblige with a couple more verses. They’re a bit laboured – my poetic juices dried up when my horse died in the arse …or in this case should it be ass….well it sure as hell came in like an ass.

For Ben (but I’m voting for Estelle)

So all you of ho’es out dere listen to me
Make me da winner outta dese last three.
Layla got da wheels ‘n Estelle got her ponies
Dese two baitches don’t need no more monies.
Dey be da bullies and I be der victim
Poor povvo me, but ma niceness will lick dem.
Like Elton and David – showin’ what da way be
I needa da moolies to buy a surrogate babee.
Youse betta believe me, I ain’t at%

42 Suziekue { 11.06.12 at 4:30 pm }

For Ben (but I’m voting for Estelle)

So all you of ho’es out dere listen to me
Make me da winner outta dese last three.
Layla got da wheels ‘n Estelle got her ponies
Dese two baitches don’t need no more monies.
And dey be da bullies and I be der victim
Poor povvo me, but ma niceness will lick dem.
Like Elton and David – showin’ what da way be
I needa da moolies to buy a surrogate babee.
Youse betta believe me, I ain’t at all scamming
I really do want to get into da pramming *giggle*.
Layla ‘n Stell and just little me
I luv ‘ em to death but you all gotta see
No other mudder-f*cker is worth what I be.

43 Jane { 11.06.12 at 5:34 pm }

What can I say???? BDD and Suziekue. Thankyou. At the risk of being too flattering, might I say how clever you are. Thankyou again. Love the raps.

44 angie { 11.09.12 at 6:25 pm }

Perhaps you should brush up on your spelling and grammar. Just a thought…

45 Nathan 1 { 11.10.12 at 5:26 am }

i find the misspelling amusing… true dat!! 😉